Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Skunks (Regs) - Sensi Seeds - Veg Day 26

Gonna kick these updates off with the Skunk #1's from Sensi Seeds. I have spotted roots poking out of the bottom of the 1 gallon pots so looks like these are adjusting well into their new pots. Will be topping them them this weekend. We will also be looking for preflowers on these as well since they are Regs. Its still a bit on the early side for sexing them, but I have seen preflowers as early as 25 days so its worth a peek. Overall....very happy with how these are progressing.

Skunk #1 (Reg) - Sensi Seeds - Veg Day 26

Skunk #2 (Reg) - Sensi Seeds - Veg Day 26

Hindu Kush (Fem) - Sensi Seeds - Veg Day 26

Up next we have the bed time meds. She is looking great and leaves have a nice shine to them telling me she's loving life in the new pot. She will also get topped this weekend. One interesting thing I am finding at this point is that she is the tallest of all plants started with her batch which include the Skunks, Jack Herers, and Slurricane.

Labyrinth (S1) - In-House Genetics - Veg Day 19

Last up is this pretty lady. She is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Not sure what it is but I love the look and shape of her leaves. I find them very appealing visually for some reason. May grow her a bit bigger to get to watch her a bit longer. Gave her a drink of water today as well. She will be getting up potted in a few days most likely. Her roots are filling up that solo cup very quickly.

Very nice! I hope that the one I have going will end up like that.

We are doing a lot of work on the basement right now. Gonna get some quotes from some companies on some moisture mitigation and other stuff to make growing in the basement a bit easier. Gotta tear down the big 10x10 this weekend to make room to start cleaning and moving stuff. Got all the lights and fans moved out last night, but gotta do a massive cleaning on it.

Ms Stank's not a huge fan of the 10x10 as it sits right on the cement with nothing to protect underneath there in the event there is any moisture that leaks in the basement under the tent. Her idea was for us to build an actual grow room that will be a bit less obvious to anyone that walks into the basement. It will allow us to be able to control the environment better in conjunction with the other work we will have done down there. Not sure what size the room will be yet....just in the brainstorming phase right now. We will likely revert back to the two smaller tents for the time being....the 5'x5' for flowering and the 4'x4' for vegging.

Ultimately I would love to build a separate grow building after we clear more of the land. That would allow me to be able build it to size, with the insulation needed to grow year round. Probably run a mini split that does both heat and AC so that I can control it as needed. But a separate building is a good bit away yet. Gotta get Ms Stank a garage first!

I permanent grow rom would be sweet, gotta keep Ms Stank happy.

Yeah there's just too much moisture in the basement in the non winter months and then the winter months are too cold. I hate wasting energy trying control temps and RH in a 1500 square foot space that only really uses about 100 square feet or so. Just not very sustainable in the long term.

Not to mention we would like to use the rest of the basement space.

That's a smart woman you found there Van!

Yes indeed Shed! Yes indeed! LOL

I gotta laugh when I hear some of the guys talk about their women not being happy smelling cannabis or with them growing at home. I just chuckle when I think of what I have in Ms Stank. A true gem that one, I tell ya brother! If we do the stand alone grow building, it will second as a work shop as well. She said I need a workshop as well a grow spot.

Why don't you just build an upstairs in your garage dedicated to your grow? Use part of it for storage (if needed) and the rest for growing. Extend the garage out 10 feet into the backyard and turn that 10' X width of garage into your workshop/potting shed. Hell, it's not my money!!! :)

a high thc Tangie OG x Malawi that tastes like orange bubblegum from

It's one of the best tasting strains I have and the effect is very uplifting and has a great body thing going on too. I have seeds or a clone of that too.

The last 2 things there ^^^ got my attention.

That sounds incredible.

I've been growing Madarin x different cookies variants and like it a lot. Has that high you speak of which I like very much.

Maybe these terpines have a greater affect on the high that we give them credit for??

It was crossed this season outdoor. I'll have seeds of Bubba Hash x Cannatonic and Lemon Skunk x Cannatonic. I mainly use the cut to make custom ratios of CBD/THC oil.
How did you like that Lemon Skunk? Was that from DNA?

No problem, I have a high thc Tangie OG x Malawi that tastes like orange bubblegum from @StoneyMemoirs. The orange carries over to the smoke incredibly well too. It's one of the best tasting strains I have and the effect is very uplifting and has a great body thing going on too. I have seeds or a clone of that too.
Dang, that sounds yummy too! I better start mixing more soil LOL.

Please let me know when you find it! It would make my wife very happy :).

Limited I can deal with...none would be outrageous!

I have a ton of Candida clones...

When I find it, I will save you a clone LOL!

And you might get lucky and find one or two pipe cleaners in these parts, but that will be about it. Though I don't speak for Ms Stank, she may use them if and when she can ever get a Durban Poison growing.

Why don't you just build an upstairs in your garage dedicated to your grow? Use part of it for storage (if needed) and the rest for growing. Extend the garage out 10 feet into the backyard and turn that 10' X width of garage into your workshop/potting shed. Hell, it's not my money!!! :)

Well first off, we don't have a garage.....yet. Its on the list of things to do in the next few years. When we get serious about doing the garage, we'll run a few ideas by the architect. My biggest fear about adding a grow area into the garage is ending up in a similar situation to the basement.....trying to control the environment of a bigger area than I need to. If I am going to be doing this for the long term type thing, I want energy efficiency to be one of primary considerations. Not to mention we are ultimately going to be exploring tissue culture and for that you need clean and sterile conditions. Much easier to make a smaller area clean and sterile. Lots and lots to consider in our ultimate decision.

Back
Top Bottom