Stardawg17, Dutch Bucket, Cookie Wreck, 2020: Dive Into The Deep End

How you doing the electric ? I did 50 Amp Breaker in Main panel & ran 6/2 to a sub panel in the shed. Everything in the shed has 15 & 20 Amp Breakers to the outlets & lights. I used 14/3 for the lights & 12/3 for the outlets. I did it all to code; but never inspected.

i see your inspector got on the site fairly quickly :rofl:
Don't BBQ your self with the live power!!
Nah... We're all up to code :thumb:

Hey 420. Welcome to my first grow journal! It's also my first time growing...not just MMJ...pretty much growing anything. My wife had a car accident that left her addicted to opiods. Now, she has nerve damage, chronic pain and some other pretty heavy health issues. Obviously, opioids aren't an option. So, at the beginning of the year we got her MMJ license. She has found weed helps, especially RSO. But buying at the dispensary is expensive, very expensive...and we're a pretty humble family. What to do?

And so here we are. First up, where to grow? We have a very small house and pretty much every corner of space is already taken. So it looks like I'll be operating out of the shed in the back yard. It's taken me 3 months to convert it into something usable, but, I'm finally to the point of assembling the actual hydroponic system. I'm hoping to start germination this weekend.

I've also spent the past 3 months doing a ton of research. I've settled on the Dutch (Bato) Bucket drip irrigation system. I've always wanted to grow hydroponic weed. One of the big selling points was having to manage only 1 bucket of nutrients and ph. To help with that, I plan on adding a monitoring and control system. I want to automate as much as possible. The more data I have the better decisions I can make. Another selling point is the modularity. You can expand a dutch bucket system to whatever size. Who knows, maybe some day I'll get a craft growers license or become a greenhouse consultant. I know...pie in the sky.

Now...on to the detes about this grow...

The seeds:
Strain: Cookie Wreck AutoFlowering
Seed Bank: Pacific Seed Bank
Breeder: Growers Lab
Cannabis Species: Hybrid
Flowering Time: 55-65 days
THC: 19%
CBD Level: Moderate (3-10%)
Size: Medium

The Environment:
Building: 12' x 8' garden shed
HVAC: Window AC / Forced Air Ceramic Heater / 35 pint dehumidifier
Tent: 48" x 48" x 79"
Ventilation: negative pressure
4" 100 CFM induction from cabin with carbon filter
4" 195 CFM exhaust to "attic" with carbon filter
Irrigation: 6 gallon reservoir w/ 12 gallon reserve
Buckets: 3 gallon Dutch Buckets (5)
Medium: TBD
Lights: 11" x 11" 5th generation utlra-thin full spectrum UFO SMD LED panels (3)

Anyway, welcome aboard my journey. I'm looking forward to being a part of the community and thanks in advance for all your help and support!
I love it! Don’t pay that bs cost. It’s basically being raped while our state government watches... and I’m starting to wonder who’s doing the raping, now rather than a dealer (who wants a sale), you get raped first by the Feds (because it’s not pc worldwide yet, because the ball gagging US government is still full of dog shit. And can’t tax it right, so they scare everyone away. But let push opioids and then stop it with no notice.... this allows you to suffer through withdrawals, or find a heroine dealer. I was a lucky one, I suffered through withdrawal. Every friend I grew up with has overdosed and died. But thanks democrats and republicans.. fuck you all, fuck you all to death.) and then you get raped by the state, then you bend over at the dispensary, and finally you get some help...
Sorry. That was probably too long to read, But,

good for you! Man after my own heart!

[QUOTE="Buds Buddy, post: 5072085, member: 33]
How you doing the electric ? I did 50 Amp Breaker in Main panel & ran 6/2 to a sub panel in the shed. Everything in the shed has 15 & 20 Amp Breakers to the outlets & lights. I used 14/3 for the lights & 12/3 for the outlets. I did it all to code; but never inspected.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah pretty much the same but I could only get a 40 amp double pole breaker for my main panel. I wanted to do 50 amp with GFCI but it isn't available for my old Wadsworth m main panel.

I also ran data so that's why the trench had to be at least 12" wide.

I love it! Don’t pay that bs cost. It’s basically being raped while our state government watches... and I’m starting to wonder who’s doing the raping, now rather than a dealer (who wants a sale), you get raped first by the Feds (because it’s not pc worldwide yet, because the ball gagging US government is still full of dog shit. And can’t tax it right, so they scare everyone away. But let push opioids and then stop it with no notice.... this allows you to suffer through withdrawals, or find a heroine dealer. I was a lucky one, I suffered through withdrawal. Every friend I grew up with has overdosed and died. But thanks democrats and republicans.. fuck you all, fuck you all to death.) and then you get raped by the state, then you bend over at the dispensary, and finally you get some help...
Sorry. That was probably too long to read, But,

good for you! Man after my own heart!
@KrunckleSam... No apologies required... I feel your pain brother. We now live in a plutocracy. The CEOs run our government and write the laws to keep the common man enslaved to debt, prison and drugs. We're just cattle. I have no design for riches and power. All I need is health, happiness and peace :Namaste:

Anyway, thanks for dropping in on my journal. I hope it doesn't let everyone down. :oops:

@KrunckleSam... No apologies required... I feel your pain brother. We now live in a plutocracy. The CEOs run our government and write the laws to keep the common man enslaved to debt, prison and drugs. We're just cattle. I have no design for riches and power. All I need is health, happiness and peace :Namaste:

Anyway, thanks for dropping in on my journal. I hope it doesn't let everyone down. :oops:
No worries friend. I have a family member in that cunt looking state (Illinois.) but my state fares no better. It’s all about the money.

No letting down man, I would venture a guess- there’s not one person on this forum, or on staff at this magazine that would disagree. And you’re doing for a family member... I’m actually only here to show- “kiss my ass for $500 I’ll grow enough for a year.”

Currently I spend that $500 per month.

Nice job on the electric. I used direct burial wire but still used Liquid Tight Flex Conduit.
Wonder why you needed 12" wide ? I just had to be 12" deep in AZ. Maybe different codes in different states.
I buried data cable too... Code required 12" from power. Plus had to be 18" deep here.

I didn't get good pictures of the install, but suffice to say, installing a window AC where there is no window is a real bugger :lot-o-toke:

I quickly realized I was gonna need some insulation...

I ended up installing 3 20 amp circuits...1 for AC / heater, 1 for the tent and all its equipment and 1 for outlets

OK y'all...I am getting seriously freakin' stoked here :goof:

I've been trying to keep this journal in sequential order...but...these past too day just have me too excited :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

First...I went off script yd. I was planning to "dry run" the irrigation system...but I found some chrome spray paint in the shed and went off on a tangent.

Before:

20200822_223835.jpg

20200824_171214.jpg

**IMPORTANT SAFETY TIP**
Don't try to drill the lids while they're on the bucket! Clamp those suckers down....clamp'em down tight!

20200824_173112.jpg

oh yeah yeah...and I discovered a trick for pushing the drain pipes through the grommets.

first...use your dremel and taper the end
second... use a little bit of coconut oil to lube the seal
third... use a 3/4" copper tubing a adapter to hold the grommet in place on the inside of the bucket while you push the pipe through from the outside. The pipe fits inside the adapter when you push it through while it's the perfect size to keep the grommet from pushing through :thumb:

20200824_222622.jpg

And the results....

20200825_170801.jpg
20200825_170840.jpg

20200825_170909.jpg

20200825_174558.jpg

20200825_174838.jpg

20200825_175045.jpg

Attachments

• 20200825_174606.jpg
    20200825_174606.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
and today I got my dehumidifier. I was gonna wait til I was further along to reveal my monitoring system...but...here's a sneak peek at what's coming...

weather.PNG

dashboard.PNG

Just look at that drop in humidity after the dehumidifier. You can see how it was bouncing up and down w/ the AC cycles until I plugged that motha' in!

The gauges look just about perfect for veggin', eh?

Back
Top Bottom