Starting with coco: how to pre-wet?

What do you mean by out up with it. Just fluf it up and pot it yea? Do you add nutes to first wetting?
Yes I always empty the bag into a big container and mix it up from the lumps and then add perlite if needed and depending on the growth stage I water with nutrients from start to finish, if it's seedling then just plain water but always ph'd, I have just transplanted some young clones into some fresh coco and watered with nutrients at a low dose.

Reusing coco I always tend to just use water towards the end of flower so then what I do is I remove the plant stem and as many roots as I can and run plain water straight from the shower through until there's no further discoloration (depending on the nutrients you use the majority of colour draining is the staining of the nutrients on both pot and the medium) then I let them semi dry and then run ph'd Cannazym at double the recommended dose and let sit until I need it which is usually within 3 days of use from cleaning.

If I run a high % of permits in my coco I usually just wash with Jo's water with double the dosage of cannazym.

Hope this helps buddy, I'm currently running coco at the moment with a great schedule using canna nutrients if you ever wanted help.

Yes I always empty the bag into a big container and mix it up from the lumps and then add perlite if needed and depending on the growth stage I water with nutrients from start to finish, if it's seedling then just plain water but always ph'd, I have just transplanted some young clones into some fresh coco and watered with nutrients at a low dose.

Reusing coco I always tend to just use water towards the end of flower so then what I do is I remove the plant stem and as many roots as I can and run plain water straight from the shower through until there's no further discoloration (depending on the nutrients you use the majority of colour draining is the staining of the nutrients on both pot and the medium) then I let them semi dry and then run ph'd Cannazym at double the recommended dose and let sit until I need it which is usually within 3 days of use from cleaning.

If I run a high % of permits in my coco I usually just wash with Jo's water with double the dosage of cannazym.

Hope this helps buddy, I'm currently running coco at the moment with a great schedule using canna nutrients if you ever wanted help.
Yes that would be helpful. Like I said I've ordered canna a and b and the rhizotone I have pk and calmag already.what nutes are you using.

I can tag you in my coco journal and have a read through, I use the full Canna line up, A&B, Ryhzotonic, Boost & PK, but I would suggest buying some Buddas Tree Flower Burst and some Great White Mycorrhizal Powder.

I have grown dozens of plants with this schedule and tried other feed scheduled and I have always gone back to my original, basic feed in veg and gradually build up your boost throughout flower works great instead of big amounts of boost straight up.

Wish I could do this but at the end of my grows the root system has gotten so thick, I can't get anything out of it lol

I can tag you in my coco journal and have a read through, I use the full Canna line up, A&B, Ryhzotonic, Boost & PK, but I would suggest buying some Buddas Tree Flower Burst and some Great White Mycorrhizal Powder.

I have grown dozens of plants with this schedule and tried other feed scheduled and I have always gone back to my original, basic feed in veg and gradually build up your boost throughout flower works great instead of big amounts of boost straight up.
That would be great

Wish I could do this but at the end of my grows the root system has gotten so thick, I can't get anything out of it lol
I get that a lot, after I have soaked them and let them dry it's like kicking a basket ball around the house trying to break the root ball about :laugh: the more perlite I run the easier it is to clean, I imagine it would be really hard in plain coco though.

You will need Cal Mag with Coco for sure. I added it to every feeding. Coco uses it up faster than soil.
Coco definitely need cal mag
I have been growing in coco for many years and very rarely have to use calmag......I use tap water. As long as the sodium and potassium cations are replaced with calcium and magnesium, a calcium supplement may not be necessary.

Tag me in it fingers

End of week 4 flower
GDP
Straight coco
GDP Jan 24 20.jpg

How do you give first soak?
I usually start in red solo cup
Make a gallon of low strength nutrients.
1ml/gallon ca/mg
5ml/gallon a and b
10ml/ gallon rhizotonic
and great white
Ph to 5.8-6.0 and water in until runoff

Back
Top Bottom