Steppenwolf's High Brix Grow

Looking great! During this stage of growth, we pay more attention to roots than leaves. Make sure you let them dry out between waterings! Looking spectacular.

I have been Doc. I let em get good and dry. By tomorrow they will be feather light and I will transplant them into 5 gal smart pots. I can tell they are ready to explode... I think I am going to try and veg them for another couple weeks at least then throw them into flower.

Things are getting interesting here. I put 4 other plants into flower and I have 6 in flower already. Busy. Busy.

Transplant complete on the four largest plants. My soil started cooking on the 28th of last month, so I almost made it a month. The plants were pretty dry so I repotted them in 5 gal smart pots. All went well.

The soil looked great after I got into it. The very bottom of the soil was a touch dry, but the majority of it looked great and was moist. I only used about 40% to 45% of the soil to transplant 4 plants into larger pots. I am guessing I could have gotten 8 plants into 5 gal pots with Doc's Kit and a bale of Promix.

The droopiest Tangerine Dream still looks droopy so I dont know what is going on. After Stress sprays, she always flattens out and reaches for the light so I think she will be fine.

Pics
DSCF1197.JPG

DSCF11961.JPG

DSCF1195.JPG

DSCF1194.JPG

Left over soil from the first rubber maid bin after repotting 4 plants. I still have one more rubbermaid full of cooked soil.
DSCF1187.JPG

DSCF11881.JPG

I cut some clones of plants I put into flower, just in case they are awesome. I sprayed with stress a couple times and man do they really respond to that! I never had such healthy clones and I have a feeling they will root fast.
DSCF11891.JPG

Here is my cloning area. It is just a cabinet over my water heater. I put a few CFL's in there to keep it about 75 degrees. I also keep the clones out of direct light and I usually have 100% success.
DSCF11911.JPG

DSCF11931.JPG

DSCF1190.JPG

I cant wait to get some clones going in Doc's soil.

You're looking great bro!

Did you score the roots? Put the Root Zone in? Water with transplant water?

This is going to sound stupid Doc, but Yes. No. No.

I scored the roots. I used all the root zone when I mixed it into the soil when germinating the seeds (I ordered extra root zone and used all of it mixed in the soil to plant immediately like I thought you said). I think I misunderstood you there and screwed up. For some reason, it didnt even occur to me to water with transplant water. I watered with energy and tea mixed up in 4 gallons of water.

The exact mix I did was 2/3 of amount. I should have 6 plants, I have four. I mixed 2/3 of 0.5 ounce energy plus 2/3 of 2 mL Tea into 1 gallon, then distributed that gallon to four equal gallons, then watered all four plants with one gallon each.

Questions: Did I screw up feeding upon transplant? Should I water in with transplant water? How far behind will I be without the root zone upon transplant?

I even read the directions before I did it too. I must be a lot more tired than I thought tonight...

Thanks Doc for the help

This is going to sound stupid Doc, but Yes. No. No.

I scored the roots. I used all the root zone when I mixed it into the soil when germinating the seeds (I ordered extra root zone and used all of it mixed in the soil to plant immediately like I thought you said). I think I misunderstood you there and screwed up. For some reason, it didnt even occur to me to water with transplant water. I watered with energy and tea mixed up in 4 gallons of water.

The exact mix I did was 2/3 of amount. I should have 6 plants, I have four. I mixed 2/3 of 0.5 ounce energy plus 2/3 of 2 mL Tea into 1 gallon, then distributed that gallon to four equal gallons, then watered all four plants with one gallon each.

Questions: Did I screw up feeding upon transplant? Should I water in with transplant water? How far behind will I be without the root zone upon transplant?

I even read the directions before I did it too. I must be a lot more tired than I thought tonight...

Thanks Doc for the help

LOL. Yep. Transplant water is for transplanting.....

And you were supposed to dust the roots with root zone too....

But you'll be OK. You just slowed them down a bit. If you have any transplant left, please water a pint of transplant water ASAP.

If you used it all up....just be patient. They'll come around. I'll check the directions and see if I can improve clarity.

Basically, ever time you see roots, you dust them with root zone. Every time you transplant, you water with transplant water.....

Thanks Doc for the quick reply. I watered them with transplant water this morning. 1 pint a piece. Where I got screwed up on the Root Zone was when I got the kit I did not cook the soil. I planted right away and used all the root zone you gave me and mixed it in the soil to germinate seeds. I screwed that up and should have held some over for transplantng to 5 gal pots.

I dont think the directions need more clarity, I think I need to pay more attention and ask questions lol. Sometimes it takes me a little bit to get the system down the first time...

Thanks Doc for the quick reply. I watered them with transplant water this morning. 1 pint a piece. Where I got screwed up on the Root Zone was when I got the kit I did not cook the soil. I planted right away and used all the root zone you gave me and mixed it in the soil to germinate seeds. I screwed that up and should have held some over for transplantng to 5 gal pots.

I dont think the directions need more clarity, I think I need to pay more attention and ask questions lol. Sometimes it takes me a little bit to get the system down the first time...

You'll be OK.

In the future, just remember this:

Any time you look at roots, cover them in Root Zone.
Any time you transplant, water with transplant water.

:thumb:

Everything is moving right along. Both Tangerine Dreams showed the beginnings of pistils today, and the Critical Kush also. The Laughing Buddah is a no show, but will show in the next week. All the new growth is bright green and I hit everything with stress tonight.

I also fed the smaller Kush and Laughing Buddah that arent in 5 gal pots yet.

I played with the settings on my camera tonight and my pics went from mediocre to acceptable.

DSCF12111.JPG

DSCF12101.JPG

DSCF12081.JPG

DSCF12072.JPG

DSCF12062.JPG

Droopy Tangerine Dream
DSCF12052.JPG

DSCF1204.JPG

DSCF12031.JPG

DSCF12023.JPG

Hey Doc, my second kit came right on time. Thank you. I got a question though. On my first kit, my bag labeled recharge was about 50% smaller than the one in the second kit. Did you up the amount of minerals for the recharge on the second kit?

Second question was on the Brix and Stress sprays. They are labeled for use in RO water. I am using good tap water, and I just wanted to clarify that I am still OK to use my tap water?

And did you give me more of everything lol? It seems like you gave me more of everything. Maybe its just different sized bottles. I am happy Doc.

Hey Doc, my second kit came right on time. Thank you. I got a question though. On my first kit, my bag labeled recharge was about 50% smaller than the one in the second kit. Did you up the amount of minerals for the recharge on the second kit?

Second question was on the Brix and Stress sprays. They are labeled for use in RO water. I am using good tap water, and I just wanted to clarify that I am still OK to use my tap water?

And did you give me more of everything lol? It seems like you gave me more of everything. Maybe its just different sized bottles. I am happy Doc.

Haha, that was a new broadcast and the pieces were bigger. It took up more room shipping wise too.

I think I gave you the right amounts of everything. There's always a little extra.

As far as tap water goes, you're the guy with the good tap water, right? If so, smile every time you use it.

Use RO for the foliars.

Haha, that was a new broadcast and the pieces were bigger. It took up more room shipping wise too.

I think I gave you the right amounts of everything. There's always a little extra.

As far as tap water goes, you're the guy with the good tap water, right? If so, smile every time you use it.

Use RO for the foliars.

Yep I am the guy with the good tap water and I do smile lol. I have been using tap for the foliars and will change to RO. I dont have and RO filter. If I was to buy something comparable, wouldn't that be distilled water? Or what would be comparable to buy?

I got another question for you Doc. In my flower room I have 3 600's currently. 2 of them are over a 4' by 8' table. I was going to add a 1000 HPS in the center of the 4' by 8' table. That would make 2 600's on the outside and a 1000 in the center. My question is: is there any reason to add anyhting other than a 1000 HPS? Some guys suggested a MH in the center. I rememebr what you said about all professional growers using HPS though. What would you suggest?

Subbed up.

I like mh for a mixed spectrum but I'd do a cool.deluxe in the 600 and rock Hps in he 1kw. That said I'd just as soon see a 4th 600 than a 1k.

And yes distilled is fairly comparable, not ro but better than tap.for sure.

Yep I am the guy with the good tap water and I do smile lol. I have been using tap for the foliars and will change to RO. I dont have and RO filter. If I was to buy something comparable, wouldn't that be distilled water? Or what would be comparable to buy?

I got another question for you Doc. In my flower room I have 3 600's currently. 2 of them are over a 4' by 8' table. I was going to add a 1000 HPS in the center of the 4' by 8' table. That would make 2 600's on the outside and a 1000 in the center. My question is: is there any reason to add anyhting other than a 1000 HPS? Some guys suggested a MH in the center. I rememebr what you said about all professional growers using HPS though. What would you suggest?

When I said "All pro's use HID" I was referring to LED. I don't know a pro who grows with LED, but I do know a half dozen guys who have tried and abandoned them.

I use HPS. A mixed spectrum just makes plain good sense, but how do you evenly distribute it to the plants?

I'd get another 600 if I were in your shoes.

Back
Top Bottom