Stinky Snid's Nursery & Flower Shop - Welcome To My Perpetual Adventure

September 14th, Daily Update

It's been a busy work week so far. But it's been interspersed with special deliveries, first the mars hydro light came. The mars II 1200 is immense check it size and how it compares to the mars II 400. I was flabbergasted when I opened the box, it's as big as my tent almost.
2016-09-08_14_39_03.jpg

The Mars II 400 was heavily discounted to a new grow protégé, that I've goaded into starting up for himself. He didn't want to take it free so I made him a ridiculous offer. Here's to another future member, cheers Mun. It's only a matter of time before the fever sets in and he's here posting his request for help and undoubtedly a healthy harvest.
He asked what my number one advice was... I said. Sign up for 420Magazine.Com, you'll not be disappointed. That's a hats off to you all, thanks everyone for making this a great place to learn.

Anyway, back to the excitement. Cropking seeds have arrived via magic fairies. They brought stickers and some awesome lapel pins. I used to collect pins so these are super cool to add to my dusty collection. I ordered two auto strains, trainwreck and amnesia Haze. Both sativa leaning with moderate thc levels.

20160912_1348122.jpg

I've also splurged on seeds from Gorilla Seeds. Lol i spent way too much, but I don't think I'll regret it. I won't get too many opportunities come about to have a discounted seed purchase. I figured I'd make it count, right. I'll save some excitement for when they arrive but for now, I'll say... Jedi Stinky Snid will be doing some Skywalker Kush Jedi training. :yahoo:

So that's been an utterly amazing experience, I thank and cherish all of you that are sharing this experience with me and with the 420fam. Let's get on with the meat and potatoes of this update. How are the girls doing today?

Seedlings - Temperature : 79>72°f / Humidity : 55>42% Rh

GHcheese
Day 20
20160913_152726.jpg

So impressed I'm showing it again, these roots at 17 days. Advanced Nutrients Root Tribe all the way! Wow
20160911_130329.jpg

PAchunk
Day 20
20160913_152621.jpg

Bubblegum
Day 14
20160913_152509.jpg

Atomic Bomb
Day 13
20160913_152502.jpg

Notes ~
The up-potting has not seemed to slow these girls down at all. GHcheese has extended her lower branch close to an inch since yesterday. Tie down training has commenced. PAchunk is not far behind, both of these will be cross flux structure. Bubblegum is stout and compact not getting the height I wanted, I may abort the corkscrew for this one and train her normally. It's time to top her if that is what I decide. The atomic bomb however is being an ideal candidate for this training. I removed the leaf on the under side of the stem. I have installed the counter acting tie, and bent her over before the cotyledons. This is going to be the corkscrew/ tornado, she off to good start. I just hope her roots grew as explosive as the GHcheese's did. Let the fun and games begin...this is exciting too.

:rollit: Interlude :passitleft:

Autos - Temperature : 79>72°f / Humidity : 55>42% Rh
20160913_152114.jpg

Hailey
Great White Shark
Day 84 : 7.4 lbs @ Ph 6.2 / 77°f
20160913_154152.jpg

Bailey
Great White Shark
Day 84 : 8.6 lbs @ Ph 6.1 / 77°f
20160913_153740.jpg

20160913_153753.jpg

Crystal
White Widow
Day 78 : 8.6 lbs @ Ph 6.1 / 77°f
20160913_153328.jpg

20160913_153339.jpg

Debbie
Diesel Berry
Day 51: 5.2 lbs @ Ph 6.1 / 76°f
20160913_153038.jpg

20160913_153048.jpg

Notes ~
Hailey the giraffe auto great white is making things difficult for me. The top fans are curling under the heat of the light, which is a maximum height in its current configuration. Im trying to find a shorter anchor cords to raise it up another 2 or 3 inches. Bailey and Crystal are tall but more like autos than Hailey that's for sure. Their Colas are filling in like clockwork. It's very fun to watch these beauties get frostier and Stinkier with every passing day. Debbie diesel Berry is smelling of tangerines and benydryl cough syrup, very interesting. She is budding up like a champ and should have very similar structure to my late great Hubbabubbasmelloscope.

The autos are now under two twilight group LEDs. One 864w mostly bloom light, and the Gs600 with both switches on. I removed the mars II 400 and "donated" it to a friend so he can start growing. It's his kick in the pants,

:hookah: Intermission :hookah:

Photos - Temperature : 81>74°f / Humidity : 58>48% Rh
20160913_150226.jpg

Cleopatra
Tutankhamen
Day 43 +77 : 11.5 lbs
20160913_151136.jpg

20160913_151143.jpg

20160913_151534.jpg

Explosia
Acapulco Gold
Day 49 +62 : 9.4 lbs(dry) @ Ph 6.0 / 77°f
20160913_151908.jpg

20160913_151915.jpg

Ella
White Widow clone
Day 43 +77 : 8.2 lbs
20160913_150954.jpg

20160913_151001.jpg

20160913_150644.jpg

Bella
White Widow clone
Day 43 +77 : 8.2 lbs
20160913_150534.jpg

20160913_150542.jpg

20160913_150602.jpg

Notes ~
Cleopatra is all but ready for the chop, her amber trichomes are pervasive up top and nearing 10-20% lowers and 30-40%mids. It's been eleven weeks since flip for her and the clones. Accounting for the Stretch period this puts us right on track for a 9 week flowering time. The clones have also got significant amber trichomes up top, and some in the lowers. This weekend or maybe earlier they will meet the snippers. I'm running on empty when I comes to my stash, I was heavily relying on Jawsephine to get me to the next harvest. It's going to be close :( I won't be able to cure one of these for long before consuming, but there others will get the presidential treatment. Explosia a few weeks behind, is making her statement by way aroma. I smell her wafting stench before the others can hit my nose. A full flavoured smoke I bet, this is going to cure the longest once she gets to her harvest date. Anticipated harvest time of about 2 more weeks and about one week till flush.

so happy you could stop in for the visit, do come again...
:ciao:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Stinky Snid's Nursery & Flower Shop - Welcome To My Perpetual Adventure

I love the close ups, helps to compare growth results.
Also, you have one of the kindest green hearts I have ever known. So now you donate your other light to help out a fellow novice. Gosh, you are making this world a better place. May your plants serve you with bountiful harvests beyond your wildest dreams. Your gifting nature is a force of positivity that vanquishashes (is that a word?) negativity that happens in the modern growing world. Thank you for being you...420 HUGS. (Edit for pm)
:thanks:

I think I get it Snid, it's cause the photos take longer to veg and would benefit from the extra time of growing? Since Autos grow so darn quick you can anticipate a faster turnaround?
Thanks for the stacks of facts...I'm going to completely follow your advice when I start up new again. I just hope i can remember...lol.

420 hugs
The photos get topped after 5 nodes not because they need longer veg but because the can. You'll be losing less growing time to shock by doing it later, since it's established itself that much more and can recover faster. But it will take longer I total since you're waiting an extra week or so. As for autos it's because you have no time to waste, if you wait too long and cut the 3rd as the 5th node burgeons. You may be into flower phase by the time it recovers. Either way you've got my PM box that you can always get my attention. Anytime my dear :circle-of-love:

Ok sounds good, I had noticed you had done it before but couldn't remember if it was really beneficial or not. I can see in a way that it could restrict the roots, more space more root growth over all. What is the reasoning for scoring the roots? Haven't heard of that one before.
Scoring the roots when transplanting works very much like topping a plant. With each cut in the root ball new branches will form and increase the speed of growth aswell as sending roots in all directions instead of just downwards from the bottom of the root ball. I slice a couple inches up the root ball, on four sides. I'm sure there's some literature on this around here somewhere, I'll post a link or excerpt when I find it.

I haven't found the posts yet but doc bud recommends it, if you have any specific questions he your man. But it helps to get roots to avoid circular growing and more branching outwards

KiG everyone :green_heart:cheers

Hey there Snid, good evening. Nice update there. Congrats on the upgrade to the light.
Those ladies just keep getting better looking.
:thumb: :passitleft:
Thanks Alchemist, I'm sure the ladies like the new light aswell. It's thanks to all of you, and I'm truly grateful. I've got a lot of helping out to do around here as to somewhat repay this honour bestowed upon me. What a trip, eh... :Namaste:

:thumb:Hard to believe I haven't subbed in here yet. Awesome stuff!
I'm sure you've been around these parts before.. Maybe just a double tap unsubscribe mishap. Either way glad you're here KingstonRabbi, pull up a chair.

Looking healthy green and sticky over here tonight. Not sure if you changed some lighting or camera settings and angles, but them buds are looking amazing brother. Great job.

Good info on the root scoring as well. I will have a look at mine when I transplant and if I feel that they are hardy enough plants then maybe I will do this as well. It does make sense though, roots branch off very much like the plant itself does.. Thanks for the info once again!

I love the close ups, helps to compare growth results.
Also, you have one of the kindest green hearts I have ever known. So now you donate your other light to help out a fellow novice. Gosh, you are making this world a better place. May your plants serve you with bountiful harvests beyond your wildest dreams. Your gifting nature is a force of positivity that vanquishashes (is that a word?) negativity that happens in the modern growing world. Thank you for being you...420 HUGS. (Edit for pm)
:thanks:
We must have simultaneously posted, I missed this one. I've got two in person protégés and apparently quite a few around these virtual gardens of green. It makes me very smiley to think of the folks that I may have helped or inspired their grow. Your blessed heart has been a great acquaintance, even though we've never met. I'll do some more closeups for you, thanks so much G2heal.

Good info! Looks great as always!
:peace:
FE
:thanks: FE :peace:

Looking healthy green and sticky over here tonight. Not sure if you changed some lighting or camera settings and angles, but them buds are looking amazing brother. Great job.

Good info on the root scoring as well. I will have a look at mine when I transplant and if I feel that they are hardy enough plants then maybe I will do this as well. It does make sense though, roots branch off very much like the plant itself does.. Thanks for the info once again!
I know it's been discussed in several journals I've read, but I can't seem to find an excerpt. But if doc bud recommends then... Don't @#&% around, eh. :rofl:
Flash/no flash, and I added an extra couple cfls on pigtails a for ambient lighting. Nothing special, but you'll like flash free Fridays. Stay tuned... :Namaste:

Snid, can I buy my wife some flowers at your flower shop. Your ladies inspire me, they are amazing. Thank you for the wonderful journal, you teach many with out knowing it. KIG:thumb::volcano-smiley:
Touching... Is how I would describe my reaction. Thanks brother. It's great to have an audience here, hope it may inspire many more newbies to come.

Good morning Snid just swinging through to gawk at your girls....
:thumb:
Help yourself, I don't make my way down there till the afternoon. Keep the seat warm and... :bong:

KiG Everyone :green_heart:cheers

I dont know if it will help with your light height issue, but I bought a bunch of 1" key rings for the lights and hook directly to them. Works great.

DSCF56752.JPG

Your plants are looking good. I look at your girls and its making it hard to pick a next grow. :)

:peacetwo:

edit: Please ignore the hair I snagged when I stood up under the light :/

IT'S A FLASH FREE FRIDAY, I'm going to start this as of today. It takes more time and effort but the pics are worth it. So every Friday will be flash free from now on.

I received my care package from The president of 420magazine, how cool is that? Thanks Rob, Sir! There's everything in there, rollies from cropking and bulldog, lighters stickers, nugs jars, magnets, cones... My gf was like look at all the stuff it's like Christmas! What an amazing Friday.
20160916_145050.jpg

A very cool piece that I got relatively cheap with the gift certificate from water bongs glass pipes.com came today. I've never owned a bong and this bubbler is truly unique. All hand made, it's so unique there's even odd glass droplets by mistake. These bongs are quality.
20160916_145316.jpg

I think I've gotten much more than I would have thought, this is awesome! Weaselcracker you're getting what's coming to ya. Only way I can truly say thank you for the gesture you made a few months back. I hope the excitement never ends, but it's time to get to work. Let's take a look at how the girls are doing today. First up the seedlings.

Seedlings - Temperature : 79>72°f / Humidity : 58>40% Rh

Marylou formerly know as GHcheese
Day 22
20160915_140325.jpg

20160915_140331.jpg

Felicity formerly known as PAchunk
Day 20
20160915_140259.jpg

20160915_140319.jpg

Maude formerly known as Bubblegum
Day 16
20160915_140404.jpg

20160916_185127.jpg

Marge formerly know as Atomic Bomb
Day 15
20160915_140353.jpg

20160916_185101.jpg

Notes ~
GHcheese has begun to spread out fairly evenly. No slow downs from the uppoting. PAchunk has been harmed by my mishandling, I wounded the top growth shoot at the main stem. I will leave it be and hope is heals strong enough to bend further. Bubblegum's corkscrew attempt is a no go, she was developing an anomaly at the 4th node. I topped her down to the 3rd. She'll get a normal training regiment. Atomic Bomb however is making horizontal gains from sprout. Never attempted training this early we'll see what comes of it. The challenge was accepted and now it begins.

:cheer: Interlude :tommy:

Autos - Temperature : 79>72°f / Humidity : 58>40% Rh
20160915_135943.jpg

Hailey
Great White Shark
Day 86 : 8.8 lbs @ Ph 6.1 / 76°f
20160916_185259.jpg

Bailey
Great White Shark
Day 86 : 6.6 lbs @ Ph 6.1 / 76°f
20160915_140754.jpg

20160915_140841.jpg

Crystal
White Widow
Day 80 : 7.2 lbs @ Ph 6.0 / 75°f
20160916_151811.jpg

20160916_151848.jpg

Debbie
Diesel Berry
Day 53 : 7.8 lbs @ Ph 6.0 / 76°f
20160915_140547.jpg

20160915_140554.jpg

20160915_140618.jpg

Notes ~
Hailey is showing all sorts of minor deficiency, I want feed more but have not done more feedings just added more nutes. Top leaves are looking great except for the heat stress, but the lower you go the more def. the leaves are. Bailey and Crystal are in a tight race for an "auto finish" in a couple more weeks. (as opposed to photofinish:)). Debbie is looking fine, such a great aroma and so many trichomes already. She may even get to term before the great whites.

:bong: Intermission :volcano-smiley:

Photos - Temperature : 81>72°f / Humidity : 62>44% Rh
20160916_151153.jpg

Cleopatra
Tutankhamen
Day 43 +79 : In Dark
20160915_135514.jpg

20160915_135522.jpg

20160915_135637.jpg

Explosia
Acapulco Gold
Day 49 +64 : 13.6 lbs @ Ph 6.1 / 76°f
20160915_135127.jpg

20160915_135150.jpg

20160915_135229.jpg

Ella
White Widow clone
Day 43 +79 : 7.2 lbs
20160915_134408.jpg

20160915_134415.jpg

20160915_134502.jpg

Bella
White Widow clone
Day 43 +79 : 6.8 lbs
20160915_134710.jpg

20160915_134717.jpg

Notes ~
Cleopatra went dark yesterday afternoon and will be harvested tomorrow evening when I get back from helping with an outdoor harvest with my OG protégé.
Ella and Bella will be going dark as I pull Cleopatra out of the closet. Explosia is just sitting pretty in there, just a couple weeks to go Max.

20160915_143049.jpg

I clipped a bud from each of the finishing photos a few days ago, should be dry for sampling by the end of the weekend. The white Widow is so so so so white.

It's my favourite place to be, here with you and my plants. See you soon, outdoor harvest update to come... Protégé been busy and needs some harvest guidance and help.
:ciao:

I dont know if it will help with your light height issue, but I bought a bunch of 1" key rings for the lights and hook directly to them. Works great.

DSCF56752.JPG

Your plants are looking good. I look at your girls and its making it hard to pick a next grow. :)

:peacetwo:

edit: Please ignore the hair I snagged when I stood up under the light :/

Lol that's a big ass hair... I don't even see an LED panel:rofl:
Thanks mouser that's a great idea and definitely rep worthy. I've got my ratchet clips hooked up to them now, there's only a couple more inches to play with up there. The main point is to not let your plant outgrow your space...the thing was that I let her stretch at the same time as Bailey but she just kept going. I'll see what I can macgyver if problems arise. But it seems she's getting used to the amount of light intensity she's receiving.

I know it's been discussed in several journals I've read, but I can't seem to find an excerpt. But if doc bud recommends then... Don't @#&% around, eh. :rofl:
Flash/no flash, and I added an extra couple cfls on pigtails a for ambient lighting. Nothing special, but you'll like flash free Fridays. Stay tuned... :Namaste:

KiG Everyone :green_heart:cheers

Likely has, but thanks very much for sharing it again. I will see how the roots are looking around 2 weeks I figure, I can see a few hanging around the bottom of the cup but not many yet. They are getting dry again as well so hopefully the roots are moving around.

Congrats on the prize pack as well my friend, you truly do very well around here and deserve what you receive :) Really loving the new bubbler though, that's a pretty heady piece of glass man!

Plants are looking great of course to! I like your flash free friday idea, I look forward to stopping by next friday!

The ladies are getting fat:thumb: glad to see you got your prize pack, nice little bubbler. Keep up the great work my friend :high-five:
Never had a bong of my own. This is going into the display cabinet, only for special occasions. Everyone is coming along pretty good, it's getting nice and Stinky too. Thank you Dirt, :Namaste:

Likely has, but thanks very much for sharing it again. I will see how the roots are looking around 2 weeks I figure, I can see a few hanging around the bottom of the cup but not many yet. They are getting dry again as well so hopefully the roots are moving around.

Congrats on the prize pack as well my friend, you truly do very well around here and deserve what you receive :) Really loving the new bubbler though, that's a pretty heady piece of glass man!

Plants are looking great of course to! I like your flash free friday idea, I look forward to stopping by next friday!
B3 sure to stop by for regular picture days too, :) appreciate the kind words Dick :Namaste: I have to admit that every little thing that is applied to my plants comes from this site, and root scoring is one of them. Let the results speed for themselves, keep us posted.

It's been a travelling weekend, too much seat time for me, I'm exhausted. No time to play in the garden... Well mine at least.
I went to help my protégé harvest and assess the plants he'd been tending to all summer. We chopped two plants that were clearly a different strain them the others. It flowered early and fast. I was seeing 15-25% amber on these but the other plants were mostly clear. So we got to work and a couple hours later it's all trimmed and ready for hanging.
Monster top cola in perspective with a MGD, and a beard.
20160917_124508.jpg

Two top Colas from either plant.
20160917_131023.jpg

The two plants on the operating table.
20160917_130950.jpg

Hanging to dry, a piece of artwork for the bathroom
20160917_160351.jpg

Top cola trimmed up and hanging.
20160917_160417.jpg

Then I went home and had some harvesting of my own to do. So I spent the next 3 hours trimming my Tutankhamen aka Cleopatra. It looks like I pulled almost as much off her than the two plants earlier in the day.

Same perspective as the table above, what's the consensus? Close to the same haul?
20160917_174916.jpg

Buds before trim
20160917_175047.jpg

20160917_175106.jpg

4 rows deep of buds hanging... Moooahahahahahah :)
20160918_072513.jpg

That's it for now, white Widow clones have missed their dark period due to my absence. I might just chop them before light on tomorrow. Full update tomorrow, thanks for the support everyone. You're all super!

Back
Top Bottom