Stinky Snid's Nursery & Flower Shop - Welcome To My Perpetual Adventure

Beautiful brother, im sure the ladies will hold up the fort just fine over the weekend while you're gone. Go and relax some, summer is pretty much over. I know i've got my relaxing all done for the summer haha Enjoy your time, have 1 or 2 for me!

Re: Stinky Snid's Nursery & Flower Shop - Welcome To My Perpetual Adventure

Snid. Have a good time buddy. Get some rest. You got some growing to do. The ladies will be fine.
Don't worry I'm watching em for you. Can't take my eyes off em. :passitleft: lol

Phrum the light room.

saw you got plant of the month this month! :goodjob: grats homie! :bravo: beautiful little girl. hope you enjoy your new gear! thinking of entering next month with my blueberry as long as she keeps filling out. i could really use another mars 1200 and an extra round of free nutes :p :morenutes:

DSCF30091.JPG
DSCF3010.JPG

:bravo: as always Snid:high-five:
:circle-of-love:Dirt, thanks brother

Snid you have quite the Harem of Ladies and they are all looking good :thumb:
Looking forward to the Clones and Tut harvest report.
:passitleft:
Thank you Alchemist, I'm looking forward to it aswell :bong:

Lovin' those youngsters! Can't wait to see what they grow into.:popcorn::bongrip::passitleft:
Only time will tell buddy! It's an adventure that's just getting underway. Stay tuned... :thanks:

Beautiful brother, im sure the ladies will hold up the fort just fine over the weekend while you're gone. Go and relax some, summer is pretty much over. I know i've got my relaxing all done for the summer haha Enjoy your time, have 1 or 2 for me!
Well I had one beer, but enjoyed a good say of sour bubbling crack and the left over Hubbabubbasmelloscope. Quite the good weekender, all relaxed and fresh to get back to the weekly grind. Have a good one Dick, :Namaste:

Snid. Have a good time buddy. Get some rest. You got some growing to do. The ladies will be fine.
Don't worry I'm watching em for you. Can't take my eyes off em. :passitleft: lol
Phrum the light room.
They were fine without me for a few days without me poking and preening them. All good in this light room. Thanks Jacob :thanks:

saw you got plant of the month this month! :goodjob: grats homie! :bravo: beautiful little girl. hope you enjoy your new gear! thinking of entering next month with my blueberry as long as she keeps filling out. i could really use another mars 1200 and an extra round of free nutes :p :morenutes:
It's been a reeling couple days of excitement. It was nice to let it slip my mind the last few days. But yes sir, it was a great honour to have Leialoha make me proud. Goodluck to you next month :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

September 11th, Daily Update

Back from a great weekend of fishing and camping. The seedlings were glad to see me buy Everyone made it through unscathed. Not much to update, since I was pretty tired from the haul home. I just checked and photographed the gang, let's take a look...

Sprouts - Temperature : 85>73°f / Humidity : 66>47% Rh

GHcheese
Day 17
20160911_132109.jpg

20160911_130329.jpg

PAchunk
Day 17
20160911_132127.jpg

20160911_130905.jpg

Bubblegum
Day 11
20160911_132139.jpg

Atomic Bomb

Day 10
20160911_132202.jpg

Notes ~
Advanced nutrients root tribe is kicking ace all up in those solo cups. Look at that root ball for 17 days... Wow! I scored these roots as I upotted them. They're now in 5 litre pots. The two corkscrew contenders are making headway now, they're a week behind and it shows... They all got an initial feeding and the two eldest got a little more g/m/B during the presoak.

:rollit: Interlude :rollit:

Autos - Temperature : 85>73°f / Humidity : 66>47% Rh
20160911_124037.jpg

Hailey
Great White Shark
Day 81 : 6.4 lbs @ Ph 6.0 / 78°f
20160911_124926.jpg

Bailey
Great White Shark
Day 81 : 7.0 lbs @ Ph 6.0 / 78°f
20160911_124710.jpg

20160911_124730.jpg

Crystal
White Widow
Day 75 : 6.0 lbs @ Ph 6.1 / 77°f
20160911_124454.jpg

20160911_124502.jpg

20160911_124520.jpg

Debbie
Diesel Berry
Day 48 : 7.0 lbs @ Ph 6.1 / 77°f
20160911_124322.jpg

20160911_124328.jpg

Notes ~
Not much to add, these girls a looking great. Only miscue is Hailey and her enormous size using up all sorts of nutes too fast.

:hookah: Intermission:hookah:

Photos - Temperature : 86>74°f / Humidity : 68>50% Rh
20160911_122200.jpg

Cleopatra
Tutankhamen
Day 43 +74 : 17.0 lbs
20160911_123045.jpg

20160911_123051.jpg

20160911_123212.jpg

Explosia
Acapulco Gold
Day 49 +59 : 11.0 lbs @ Ph 6.1 / 77°f
20160911_123608.jpg

20160911_123640.jpg

Ella
White Widow clone
Day 43 +74 : 11.0 lbs
20160911_122649.jpg

20160911_122655.jpg

Bella
White Widow clone
Day 43 +74 : 10.8 lbs
20160911_122420.jpg

20160911_122410.jpg

Notes ~
The pots are heavy and it's a countdown to the finish for the three elder plants. Explosia is a couple weeks behind and is starting to lose some luster in her fan leafs.

see you next time...
:ciao:

KiG Everyone :green_heart:Cheers

Looking good after being gone all weekend. Those are some dam busy roots you got happening on the seedlings!! Great job here as usual.

I also wanted to ask about your transplanting, I'm sure it has been discussed farther back but I don't remember lol.. You leave the top half of the solo cup on the seedling when you up-pot? Just wondering what purpose this serves leaving it there and how it would differ from planting just the root ball right down in the medium?

Nice Snid, girls are all looking good over there. :thumb:
A big thank you as per usual Alchemist :Namaste:

Looking good after being gone all weekend. Those are some dam busy roots you got happening on the seedlings!! Great job here as usual.

I also wanted to ask about your transplanting, I'm sure it has been discussed farther back but I don't remember lol.. You leave the top half of the solo cup on the seedling when you up-pot? Just wondering what purpose this serves leaving it there and how it would differ from planting just the root ball right down in the medium?
I actually haven't done that since Leialoha, the main reason was that I didn't want to disturb the plant (auto) but know with experience I see that it is useless. For autos I now pot them in their finishing pots. And for photos as you can see above, I just uppot like usual. Only difference these days is that I score the roots before placing it in the new pot. I think my solo cup thing was misinformation I got somewhere. I've found that the tap root doesn't always go straight down, and the solo cup could potentially restrict the growth. Does that clarify it for you?

Good trick with the solo cups is do a clear one first, then colored.....

DOUBLE CUP LOVE BABY.

Allows you to pull out the clear cup (w/soil) showing how well the roots have grown before transplanting. Expecially with clones it's super important not to transplant to early. Stunts the shit out of em.

f087b75049a52151f8ffd85411f85890.jpg
That's brilliant LlamaBomb, reps for that idea. As soon as I find some clear cups that's my new strategy. I love it! You've done well young Jedi :thumb:

Here's a little information that may be useful for others reading this journal now or in the future.
420member said:
Quick question for you please if you could.....Regarding my autos, what feed Schedule should I follow? I was under the impression that those plants(autos) go directly into the flower state from seedling. That is about where my two autos are now maybe even a little past. 8/25 they sprouted and they're getting big fast. Thank you for any insight my friend.

As it goes for photoperiods the same goes for autos. You just have to watch for the right signs. I feed 1/4 strength veg nutes to my seedlings that are over a week old. Then it's straight veg nutes until I see the first pistils/preflowers. At which point I continue veg nutes and add a touch of bloom to help later in the flower phase. Veg nutes stop and bloom nutes start when the vertical growth had stopped. Once preflowers show it will stretch just like a photoperiod plant, once that stretch is done it's bloom nutes all the way. If you want a faster change over you can start bloom nutes as soon as you see pistils, this may reduce the amount of stretch and therefore overall size if that what your space requires. But I go with bigger is better... Right? Hope that helps.

KIG :green_heart:cheers

And then there's this that also came up recently... Also useful.

420member said:
hi bro , how do i know when to start my two week flush to clean the flowers ?
I go by trichomes. Once I see 10% amber trichomes then I flush and give water only till I see maybe 30%-50% amber. For photoperiods is easier you can more or less predict when they're two weeks from scheduled harvest. Autos however I go stritcly by checking trichs. If you've got no loupe or Microscope I would do it when you see nearly no white pistils, all brown/orange and retracting into the buds. That's my best description, i hope that helps.

Just for everyone benefit, I thought I'd post these and add to the forums database of great info. Although these are just my opinion. :Namaste:

KiG Everyone :green_heart:Cheers

Wow, exceptional plants, still! Been away for a bit and missed the garden so much. Lots of little ones too. There's always something new going on. Learning more and more as the posts go by. I didn't realize you grow till 5 nodes then countdown to 3. Very interesting. Glad to hear you got some R&R, :high-five: My HIGHest Regards dear friend...

Wow, exceptional plants, still! Been away for a bit and missed the garden so much. Lots of little ones too. There's always something new going on. Learning more and more as the posts go by. I didn't realize you grow till 5 nodes then countdown to 3. Very interesting. Glad to hear you got some R&R, :high-five: My HIGHest Regards dear friend...

Thank you Arya, it means the world to me that your learning and gleaning information from my experiences.
:circle-of-love:
When I Cut from the 5th node down to the 3rd, this is for photoperiod plants. Autos get topped asap once the 3rd node has cleared itself for cutting. By waiting till the 5th node you allow the plant to establish itself better before traumatizing the poor thing as it's just getting it's legs. Also it gives you a head start on the top branches since they've been growing that extra bit longer already. Makes sense? Have a super day G2heal, missed you around here.

I'm going to add another little tid bit of information, this is another question that has arisen lately about curing. I've given my best account of what imo is how to dry/cure a harvest.

420member said:
hi snid ! hope your are doing well :)
the summer time seem to have ended here in portugal and rain is starting to pour hard today ! im a little worried about losing my trichomes due to heavy rain , or even worse , a mould infection
im gona harvest a few buds from lower plant parts and give it a quick dry for two or three days to test the product :) im aware it wont be near as good as a ready to harvest bud , but i can get some info on what i have .. my question is , how do you sugest i do my dry/cure process ? hope you can help

If your taking about quick drying the few buds you've clipped. Then you just stick them in a paper bag for a couple days opening it up for fresh air every now and then. Taste won't be what you want it but it's smoke nonetheless.

If we're taking full on harvest drying process, then once you've clipped them and trimmed it up. I hang them up on a string by the stems or clothespin. Ideal Humidity is 60%, anything below 50% and you'll dry too fast and get poor taste and aroma. Over 70% you're running the risk of getting mold. So if you have a way of controlling Humidity then you're golden. It should take at least 5 days to dry enough to where you can hear the "snap" of the stems when you bend it to break it. This is when you know it's time for the jars. Once in the jars, simply burp the jars everyday and enjoy the cured buds at your leisure.
Hope that helps,

Snid man, the ladies look amazing.
Thanks for the breakdown and info bro. I needed that.

Okay man I'm out

Phrum the light room.

Snid man, the ladies look amazing.
Thanks for the breakdown and info bro. I needed that.

Okay man I'm out

Phrum the light room.

I knew that those little nuggets of pertinent information would be of use to folks. It's been great delving back Into that bank of knowledge that I cramed in my brain when I need to. Hope it helps many more...

I think I get it Snid, it's cause the photos take longer to veg and would benefit from the extra time of growing? Since Autos grow so darn quick you can anticipate a faster turnaround?
Thanks for the stacks of facts...I'm going to completely follow your advice when I start up new again. I just hope i can remember...lol.

420 hugs

A big thank you as per usual Alchemist :Namaste:

I actually haven't done that since Leialoha, the main reason was that I didn't want to disturb the plant (auto) but know with experience I see that it is useless. For autos I now pot them in their finishing pots. And for photos as you can see above, I just uppot like usual. Only difference these days is that I score the roots before placing it in the new pot. I think my solo cup thing was misinformation I got somewhere. I've found that the tap root doesn't always go straight down, and the solo cup could potentially restrict the growth. Does that clarify it for you?

Ok sounds good, I had noticed you had done it before but couldn't remember if it was really beneficial or not. I can see in a way that it could restrict the roots, more space more root growth over all. What is the reasoning for scoring the roots? Haven't heard of that one before.

Good trick with the solo cups is do a clear one first, then colored.....

DOUBLE CUP LOVE BABY.

Allows you to pull out the clear cup (w/soil) showing how well the roots have grown before transplanting. Expecially with clones it's super important not to transplant to early. Stunts the shit out of em.

f087b75049a52151f8ffd85411f85890.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420

Great idea llamabomb!! I had thought about doing this myself but my red cups were a different brand/size than my clear ones and it didn't work out properly. I resorted to to wrapping my clear green cups with black electrical tape lol. I really want to see those roots before I go transplanting.

Back
Top Bottom