Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

That LRx had "Squish Me" written all over it! ;)

The Babushka Black sounds like it's gonna be a real pretty (and potent) one!

That LRx had "Squish Me" written all over it! ;)

The Babushka Black sounds like it's gonna be a real pretty (and potent) one!
It sure did, and there’s plenty of it!
I didn’t realize how full those buds were gonna be, they cured really nice in the fridge and are sticky and spongy. Nice mild smell and mellow taste...I’m actually hoping it gets a bit sharper tasting/smelling once it cures. Even in the worst case I can just have great rosin from it and cook with it. The spears are just packed with crystals, and there’s well over a LB of it!

Ya that BB should turn out interesting. I’m wondering if it’s like the PL that prefers less nutes, or if I should feed it full strength? Looking at the pics it shows that sort of naturally occurring foxtailing that some purple plants get, so I’m thinking less might be better. The PL is somehow LOVING 1g/G of MC. Wait until you see how big it is at 30 days (on 10/5) after starting flowering at 16.

I’ve near have rosin, but always thought it was pressed fresh rather than cured. If there a difference between doing it fresh vs cured?
I’ve never done it fresh, it seems like it would be a lot more mess. I looked into live rosin but it’s a more complicated process than I thought. This is just how I’ve always done it. Seems like the newly cured stuff has the most. My older bud doesn’t make anywhere near as much.
@Grandpa Tokin can probably clear that up about pressing fresh bud.

I’m wondering if it’s like the PL that prefers less nutes, or if I should feed it full strength
Just read the leaves- if they start getting sickly looking, give it a little MC bump....although, I'm not sure how that works if the new growth is all purple...

Just read the leaves- if they start getting sickly looking, give it a little MC bump....although, I'm not sure how that works if the new growth is all purple...
Look at this tall skinny PL girl. She’s grown almost a foot in the last 5 days, and for now she loves 1g. I’m going to up it once the flowering is more advanced but I’m going VERY easy on her as she seems to prefer it that way. Just starting to turn purple here and there. This was 10 days ago
68C742EE-0D06-40A9-A860-E5B907945CF9.jpeg

And this is it today
F9EC17FA-33EB-4D80-815F-E14FE53E20AA.jpeg

As far as the new seed- looking at the BB breeder site, I don’t see any specific feeding instructions. It does give a cool description:

Black diamond of our collection, the first ever crossing of Crimea and Pakistan in the history of breeding. Babushka Black Auto inherites vivid color, saturated with dark violet tones and exquisite resinity, which allows to obtain high-quality concentrates. The influence of Pakistani indica genes gives the effect of complete relaxation of body and mind and actively stimulates sleep when necessary. The variety has a diverse bouquet of aromas: from a more earthy hashish to sweet notes of fruits and berries. When used it tastes like cherry jam with strong black tea. That's why the variety received such a "warm" and "home-like" name - Grandma (Babushka), because who else if not her will calm you down, feed you something tasty and warm you up on a cold day?

Look at this tall skinny PL girl.
Wow- a bit different than the first one,eh? Her color looks just right, so your feeding is right on...

Pressing buds and rosin....I have a lot to learn haha. Looking good!!

Do you do racks or bags in the fridge? Did racks last time but may do both this time...need more space with this round of girls ;)

Pressing buds and rosin....I have a lot to learn haha. Looking good!!

Do you do racks or bags in the fridge? Did racks last time but may do both this time...need more space with this round of girls ;)
I do paper bags, they stack easy. Replacing the fridge indoors soon so the drying fridge might get a big upgrade. I might go to racks if I had more room for it.

I went with Grandaddy Purple first thinking nobody would buy the Babushka. ;)
That was my next guess. Looks like a great grow coming up.
Should be fun. Kind of a random, different pick for me, too.
As a taste guy I’m hoping for different than what I’m used to. I’ve been chasing kush and candy strains for a while, all claiming 25% etc.
Looking forward to that BB 19% being complex and well rounded goodness.
It’s definitely not all about the % anymore.

It’s definitely not all about the % anymore.
I've been smoking so long, and so much that THC levels are seem the same. Nothing gets me really high anymore so my preferences are all over. I just like smooth weed, and if it's grown and cured right you nail that everytime.

I've been smoking so long, and so much that THC levels are seem the same. Nothing gets me really high anymore so my preferences are all over. I just like smooth weed, and if it's grown and cured right you nail that everytime.
Ya I hear that. My Dad and I are quite opposite that way. He’s a cheap date that takes 2 puffs and falls asleep ;)
I smoke all day every day and the only time I really feel anything is when I change it up, which is why I love having so much of so many kinds.
I do have to say, the clone from my GelatOG plant is some of the strongest weed I’ve ever smoked. It hits hard and heavy and even a guy like you might get a head change and be left baffled. I certainly have been and it’s not even cured yet. Sticky madness so far!

I do have to say, the clone from my GelatOG plant is some of the strongest weed I’ve ever smoked. It hits hard and heavy and even a guy like you might get a head change and be left baffled. I certainly have been and it’s not even cured yet. Sticky madness so far!
I do have that one stashed away, but it's trying to squeeze it in the lineup that's difficult. I find the WW does it for me. Something about that strain I can always count on to change things up for me.

I do have that one stashed away, but it's trying to squeeze it in the lineup that's difficult. I find the WW does it for me. Something about that strain I can always count on to change things up for me.
Got a few of those WW (photos) as freebies yesterday. Haven’t grown it since early 2000’s, it might sit in the vault for a bit but I will get to it eventually!

The little NL got down-potted to make room for the BB, but she is still green and trying.
@DonkeyDick knows the struggle.
A394074D-CE71-4B24-9A2C-10DA17CD7BD4.jpeg

She won’t make much of an auto but I will let her play out anyway. She’s not taking any room now...

Ya I hear that. My Dad and I are quite opposite that way. He’s a cheap date that takes 2 puffs and falls asleep ;)
I smoke all day every day and the only time I really feel anything is when I change it up, which is why I love having so much of so many kinds.

Good Morning my Braddah!
:passitleft: :passitleft:
I like my variety to smoke and flavor as well and I smoke a lot :laughtwo: The purple lemonade looks beautiful. She definitely has built her crown she just has to fill it out. I hope all is blessed my friend! Aloha!

Good Morning my Braddah!
:passitleft: :passitleft:
I like my variety to smoke and flavor as well and I smoke a lot :laughtwo: The purple lemonade looks beautiful. She definitely has built her crown she just has to fill it out. I hope all is blessed my friend! Aloha!
Aloha to you, my friend.
Yes that PL is doing crazy stuff for being underfed. It’s great smoke I want to get some more bulk in this one. Will be interesting to see how it fills out with such a low dose of MC.
Hope all is blessed on your island as well.

Back
Top Bottom