Strawberry Cough? Yes Please! LOS Grown

If someone told me that was three plants in the last pic I would have no trouble believing them!
Lmao, I was wondering why there were two more plants crammed in with SC when she’s already so big (facepalm!) :laughtwo: Looking like she’s getting close! :yummy:

Lmao, I was wondering why there were two more plants crammed in with SC when she’s already so big (facepalm!) :laughtwo: Looking like she’s getting close! :yummy:
Hehe, she is getting close! 2 more days and I took her mom. I think she's going over that by a few days. I hope so anyway. Buds aren't developed the way I like to see them but can be in a few. She's been a little different and I think a few days can put her over the edge. Clear with some milky trichs this morning.

I watered her last night. She was taking 3 1/2 gal every 2 days. It went to 2 gal yesterday. I hope it was me watering too quickly as I really could use some fattening of buddage. Tomorrow it's slomo watering. I want another week from her if it can please her. Having the slaughter window open makes my scissor hand twitchy and my mind hard.

Since this grow is almost history I'm actively planning the next. I've been incorporating Lactic acid microbes and leftover bottled microbes from this grow, and fish shit into my starting soil for the new photo seeds going in soon. I feel the last time I started, my soil had dried out and my microbe herd had died or gone dormant or whatever they do in drought. The mix is half good store bought super soil, half worm castings, 15% perlite/vermiculite. I need to get some root stimulation in there too like Mycorrhizae.
I'm getting closer to a final pick of grow subjects. Blue Dream CBD we both adore, Stankberry, Durban Thunderfuck/Stank, and Northern Lights(another fine medicine in our opinions) are my likely picks. The Stank line comes with excellent history and I'm super excited to get them on for a try. It's days away from putting seeds in soil. Enjoy

The mix is half good store bought super soil, half worm castings, 15% perlite/vermiculite.

May I suggest closer to 50% perlite (or pumice) for superior drainage? You’ll be able to water more often, which will really help increase oxygen to the roots and flush out waste products.
:passitleft:

I would think that 50% perlite would really take the wind out of the sails of an organic supersoil grow. 10-20% perlite is good to keep the soil from compacting and for good drainage, and Otter is even adding vermiculite to hold a bit more water, so he wants to restrict drainage a bit. With good watering practices he should be able to get oxygen down to the roots without a problem, and in this type grow there are no waste products to flush out.
Now if it wasn't a living soil grow, then by all means... the closer we can get to hydro and watering 4 times a day with 1/4 nutes, the better. Fast flow through is the name of the game in that type of grow... probably why coco is so popular.

I would think that 50% perlite would really take the wind out of the sails of an organic supersoil grow. 10-20% perlite is good to keep the soil from compacting and for good drainage, and Otter is even adding vermiculite to hold a bit more water, so he wants to restrict drainage a bit. With good watering practices he should be able to get oxygen down to the roots without a problem, and in this type grow there are no waste products to flush out.
Now if it wasn't a living soil grow, then by all means... the closer we can get to hydro and watering 4 times a day with 1/4 nutes, the better. Fast flow through is the name of the game in that type of grow... probably why coco is so popular.

As my experience with purely LOS grows in containers is admittedly limited (but extensive in outdoor plantings), I defer to your understanding on the matter. My containers are set up for fast drainage and fertigation at low concentrations.
:Namaste:

I usually try to make my copy and paste less obvious :cheesygrinsmiley:.

LOL!
You'd laugh your ass off if you knew how long it took me to compose these lines. I actually took about 5 minutes with font and family to get it that blended. The keyboard hasn't been a tool in my box. The english language is my first and only one and I'm humorously embarrassed that I spell like an 8th grader without a dictionary. :love:

May I suggest closer to 50% perlite (or pumice) for superior drainage? You’ll be able to water more often, which will really help increase oxygen to the roots and flush out waste products.
:passitleft:
I thought the Michigan Mix supersoil had enough to begin with, so I treated the worm castings to the perlite/vermiculite. This is going to be used for a short time as only a solo cups worth is in each pot. Emilya told us the science, I was having a structured lucky moment for choices,Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts.

Me too! I had one lite bong hit of DTF with him and it was just fantastic I had to sit down. I rolled a fatty from a Stankberry bud that rocked too. On separate occasions.
The DTF is a popular one brother! I can't keep it on the shelves!

We are having the roof replaced on the house and turns out the owner of the roofing company likes to smoke. I gave him several samples to try and when he came back he was very thankful and said he loved them all but he was all about the DTF. I had to tell him that was the only thing that wasn't on the menu since it was sold out LOL. I really need to start some more DTF but I just don't have the space right now

The DTF is a popular one brother! I can't keep it on the shelves!

We are having the roof replaced on the house and turns out the owner of the roofing company likes to smoke. I gave him several samples to try and when he came back he was very thankful and said he loved them all but he was all about the DTF. I had to tell him that was the only thing that wasn't on the menu since it was sold out LOL. I really need to start some more DTF but I just don't have the space right now
After I cut, wash and hang the strawberry cough in the next few days those puppies are going in!

Back
Top Bottom