Third runoff reading.

750ppm / 1.5 EC in, 700ppm / 1.4 EC out. pH 6.8 in pH 6.3 out.

Medium is settling and EC stacking up so I'm backing off to 1.0-1.1 EC on the input.

I've seen some signs of excess N and K that I don't like on some of the individuals and light Mg def on others. I think 1.0-1.1 EC input is enough for these girls since they're really sensitive to high EC food.

Epic buddy!

Is that the soft flexi rubber pipe you tagged me in? We have that as well it fits the manifolds we use perfectly but is too big for the netafim drippers.

BUT! The manifolds are 12 and sometimes we want to switch some off and can’t find a valve that fits the netafim pipe. SO! I found that the 4.2 pipe fits over the netafim pipe perfectly. Seals it but then a little heating with a lighter really seals it.

Then I bought some super cheap plastic valves for the big pipe and so super easy to switch a pipe on or off.

We cut every irrigation pipe to
The same length from the manifold so to seitch one off, unplug the dripper, attach a 4.2 pipe over with valve already attached. Apply lighter for a fee seconds and done.

Moving plants around tomorrow so I’ll pop some photos in The Last Dance.

Oh and congrats on the nomination for JOTM!

Its gotta be a contender! Its super and you know def my kinda grow!

Nick

Epic buddy!

Is that the soft flexi rubber pipe you tagged me in? We have that as well it fits the manifolds we use perfectly but is too big for the netafim drippers.

BUT! The manifolds are 12 and sometimes we want to switch some off and can’t find a valve that fits the netafim pipe. SO! I found that the 4.2 pipe fits over the netafim pipe perfectly. Seals it but then a little heating with a lighter really seals it.

Then I bought some super cheap plastic valves for the big pipe and so super easy to switch a pipe on or off.

We cut every irrigation pipe to
The same length from the manifold so to seitch one off, unplug the dripper, attach a 4.2 pipe over with valve already attached. Apply lighter for a fee seconds and done.

Moving plants around tomorrow so I’ll pop some photos in The Last Dance.

Oh and congrats on the nomination for JOTM!

Its gotta be a contender! Its super and you know def my kinda grow!

Nick
Nice fix the valve! I was thinking about the same thing when I was thinking about ordering the netafim's if the hoses would fit.

That's what I used to use back in the day! Those towers with manifolds on the tops. They work well but it's like you said you need to have the same length hoses etc.

That's what I wanted to get away from with the new one I built. It doesn't matter what length of hoses I use(to a certain extent of course) and they'll still receive the same volume with individual pumps. I got the idea from the old Growtek systems that used the same kind of pumps.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you do, provide and give back to the community! You make this a better place in every sense of the word and deserves all the praise!

Cheers Nick and all the best!
:adore:

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you do, provide and give back to the community! You make this a place better in every sense of the word and deserves all the praise!

Cheers Nick and all the best!
:adore:

I don’t know that's entirely true but man! Did I feel good reading it so thank you very much!

Brightened a dull day of IT work no end!

❤️

Nick

IMG_20240317_155837255_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240317_155844277.jpg
IMG_20240317_160028156.jpg

The girls are waking up and receives their first feeding of the day. EC and pH are stabilizing in the medium so I'm lowering pH to 6.3 on the input, the "mag hores" seem to like the higher pH. First runoff reading of the day:

500ppm / 1.0 EC in / 650ppm / 1.3 EC out. pH 6.8 in, pH 6.5 out. EC is on point but pH needs to be lowered 0.5 points on the input at this point.

Cheers!

Second runoff reading:

500ppm / 1.0 EC in, 600ppm / 1.2 EC out. pH 6.5 in, pH 6.6 out.

Lowering input pH to 6.0 and raising input EC to 1.2. Topping off the reservoir before next feeding.

Here are the girls! They're getting the whole flower deal, popping up like popcorn.
IMG_20240317_190545717.jpg
IMG_20240317_190555265.jpg

Cheers!

Dang man! They are looking great!!
Thanks bud! I just need to reorganize and move them around a bit putting all the taller ones around the stouter. There's three very similar phenotypes and two that look the same and two other unique ones. One unique in the way that I'm probably gonna cull it and the other unique in color and structure. It's the upper left one being covered by the taller one that I really like.
IMG_20240317_190545717_1.jpg

Thanks bud! I just need to reorganize and move them around a bit putting all the taller ones around the stouter. There's three very similar phenotypes and two that look the same and two other unique ones. One unique in the way that I'm probably gonna cull it and the other unique in color and structure. It's the upper left one being covered by the taller one that I really like.
IMG_20240317_190545717_1.jpg
I’m quite new to the game but I have grown a lot of plants.

I *think what Wastei is saying is something I can’t well describe. And yeah I’m English and like words 🤣

But reading the room. Seeing what the different phenos are telling you?

I don’t want to tell you “it only comes with experience” - because that makes it sound like its hard and you need to grow 100’s of plants to learn it.

You don’t

You can grow 2 or 4 plants your first time out and learn to “read” the plants.

Sit with the door open the tent and just I dunno - mentally figure out your unrelated chores for the upcoming week, and let your eyes wander over the plants for a bit. I’m super lucky and have s full grow room I can sit in with a fishing chair, have a smoke and watch. Betcha Wastei done something similar!

It just soaks in - get that feeling.

Now look why Sensei Wastei highlighted those plants.

Obvs is obvs!

I’m quite new to the game but I have grown a lot of plants.

I *think what Wastei is saying is somethingI can’t well describe. And yeah I’m English and like eords 🤣

But reading the room. Seeing what the different phenos are telling you?

I don’t want to tell you “it only comes with experience” - because that makes it sound like its bard and you need to grow 100’s of plants to learn it.

You don’t

You can grow 2 or 4 plants your fiest time out and learn to “read” the plants when
Some people get it fast and some people never seem to have enough patience to read the plant. I believe many put their own work on a pedestal making them somewhat blind to their own errors.

I'm very much still learning this hobby and try to see where I fall short. Another thing is how active someone is on a community forum and how many different plant picture they look at daily? Something that was not possible a couple of generations back.

Many people grow plants but don't really interact and try to understand other people's methods, something you're more than great at!

Cheers bud!

Some people get it fast and some people never seem to have enough patience to read the plant. I believe many put their own work on a pedestal making them somewhat blind to their own errors.

I'm very much still learning this hobby and try to see where I fall short. Another thing is how active someone is on a community forum and how many different plant picture they look at daily? Something that was not possible a couple of generations back.

Many people grow plants but don't really interact and try to understand other people's methods, something you're more than great at!

Cheers bud!

The only bit of advice my massive scale farmer buddy ever gave me, its his only job ever aged 47

100 pound a year average I guess over 30 years

A few times I’ve sent him leaf pictures for an opinion but he was hard on me! Like “that’s it - no more questions for a week/month/year” 🤣

We were really good mates before I ever had any interest in growing. Just cause they legalized it here is why we started it.

So his one bit of advice -

“Learn to read the plants”

We all grow different reasons, volume, pretty, weird looking, commercial - whatever.

But learn to read the plants and its not, for me & Co at least lots of numbers and things (which I think have huge value - we’ve made classic over feeding with nute type mistakes noobies do!)

But we can just look and see. But that’s really only because & Co grew up in a jungle growing to eat and live and I spent a lot of time fast tracking just looking. Not staring or inspecting.

Just letting the plant experience wash over you.

I know, I know! Super hippy sounding.

But umm give it a go?

But yeah! Get your PPM’s, PH, PPFD, feeding schedules in tune as well! No doubt 😂

But those hours just letting the plants wash over your eyes - super valuable.

Whether you want big/pretty/organic/sativa/indica/

Learn to read the plants

I've changed the ratio's according to Jacks new formula. I've actually already thought about lowering Epsom but hadn't thought about upping Calcium nitrate and 5-12-26.

Going from:

3.6g, 2.4, 1.2g per gallon ratio

5-12-26, 15.5-0-0, and Epsom salt. To this ratio:

3.79g, 2.52g, 0.99g per gallon ratio

I use this ratio and dilute to my target EC. New formula makes sense to me and will benefit coir growers I believe.

The only bit of advice my massive scale farmer buddy ever gave me, its his only job ever aged 47

100 pound a year average I guess over 30 years

A few times I’ve sent him leaf pictures for an opinion but he was hard on me! Like “that’s it - no more questions for a week/month/year” 🤣

We were really good mates before I ever had any interest in growing. Just cause they legalized it here is why we started it.

So his one bit of advice -

“Learn to read the plants”

We all grow different reasons, volume, pretty, weird looking, commercial - whatever.

But learn to read the plants and its not, for me & Co at least lots of numbers and things (which I think have huge value - we’ve made classic over feeding with nute type mistakes noobies do!)

But we can just look and see. But that’s really only because & Co grew up in a jungle growing to eat and live and I spent a lot of time fast tracking just looking. Not staring or inspecting.

Just letting the plant experience wash over you.

I know, I know! Super hippy sounding.

But umm give it a go?

But yeah! Get your PPM’s, PH, PPFD, feeding schedules in tune as well! No doubt 😂

But those hours just letting the plants wash over your eyes - super valuable.

Whether you want big/pretty/organic/sativa/indica/

Learn to read the plants
True words! It's easy to start at the wrong end these days with all the free access to information. Many times to much for the new grower to fully grasp and make good use of. They start with understanding someone else's numbers instead of understanding what the plant is trying to tell them.

There's many great growers and journals on many forums. Overgrown forum was probably the greatest collection of undergrown growers all coming to the surface at the same period of time and is where I learned hydro. Rollitup was really great a couple of years back but has lost a lot of great users and activity because of politics and strict ruling.

IMG_20240318_011843604.jpg

Salad greens! They're filling out well, sneaked in a picture 3 hours before lights out. pH is stabilizing if I look on the leaf shape. I had some light twisting of the leaves when they woke up but almost completely gone close to lights out.

pH start by being low before the medium has settles then go higher and later crash in mid to late flower. That usually how it goes for me growing in soilless.

Cheers!

IMG_20240318_155935165.jpg
IMG_20240318_161625882.jpg
IMG_20240318_161634987.jpg

pH is climbing on the runoff so I'm lowering to pH 5.3 on the input. Runoff came out 6.5 which is still within range but I want that curve to settle. Lowered from 6.0 to pH 5.5 yesterday, still upward curve.

Girls look happy and are filling out! More even than I thought they would be. Even the middle one seem to catch up!

Hope everybody is having a great weekend!

Cheers!

IMG_20240318_190040406.jpg

- Spaghetti's!

Second runoff reading. I topped off the reservoir with 1.2 EC pH 5.3 and runoff came out at 6.45, slowly declining and that's what I wanted to see. I forgot to take EC reading but I'll do that at next feeding.

Cheers!

IMG_20240318_220447397.jpg
IMG_20240318_220500106.jpg

Boy are these girls sensitive to food! Increased to 1.2 EC a couple of days ago and some of them are showing signs of excesses. I'm going back to my first statement that 1.0-1.1 EC is max for these girls. The most interesting thing is that they still eat like gigs and I don't get any stacking on the EC.

I noticed some early K and N tox so I backed off before this feeding. I'm gonna check the profile and mineral ratio of the new mix and adjust accordingly. I have been lazy and haven't done my homework!

Third runoff reading:

500ppm / 1.0 EC in, 575ppm / 1.25 EC out.

pH 5.4 in, pH 6.3 out. pH is stabilizing.

Cheers!

I'm going back to the old classic ratio:

3.6g, 2.4g, 1.2g Epsom.

The plants doesn't seem to like the extra N and K something I should have thought about. The plant told me what's up today!

4th runoff reading:

650ppm / 1.3 EC in, 575ppm / 1.15 EC. pH 5.4 in, pH 6.35 out. That's within range.

Back
Top Bottom