IMG_20240309_214255293.jpg
IMG_20240309_214526527.jpg

Added two more runoff trays!

Woah buddy. Next level stuff.

Yep looks like a sturdy bushy indica but fussy as fuck that’s Bruce Banner!

Our tanks drift like that. Early in the 200L tank, first fill and 2nd probably I ph down to about 5.7 at 9am and know that by 6pm its gonna be more like 6. That’s OK because there looks like a meaningful difference in micro nutrient uptake there. They start the day with eggs Benedict and have meat and potatoes for dinner - where the macro nutrient uptake is slightly better at 6.0. But then as the tank ages it tends to stick at 5.8 more permanently.

I know that stiff ass black pipe, its Co2 safe as well (Co2 can degrade some plastics) and get why you don’t like it!

Netafim pipe is designed with nute/salt build up in mind, teflon coated or something on the inside. Worth a look but saw a European price for which made me think I wouldn't be using it I lived there! Israeli tech

Finally - I’ll PM you! I have an excess of pretty coloured buttons - including a bunch of 12v ones I’ll never use! Got blue, yellow, green and you have red already - lets brighten up the world 😂

Nick

How much run-off you vac away daily?
I don't do it daily. I will probably have to do it every third day in flower. 10-20% runoff of the total volume is standard practice and recommended in hydro/soilless. You can make do with less runoff but that will create other problems along the way like salt buildup of certain minerals more than others. There's a lot of interactions going on growing Cannabis like natural cation exchange between minerals and microbes ability to fixate those. Some actions and interactions may work with your style of growing and some may work against your goals.

Runoff and nutrient cost are my least expenses growing Cannabis and if you calculate cost, pros and cons of doing drain to waste with enough runoff in soilless it gives me more yield and higher potency at end of flower because I'm able to better keep optimal values for pH and EC in check. That's almost impossible to do with little to no runoff in soilless/hydro. Bigger water volumes is your friend growing in hydro if you want work toward pH stability, stable EC and fast growth.

I've tried any other way of growing and feeding in soilless and this is what performs at the highest rate for me. I've yielded OK doing less runoff but ran in to problems with salt buildup and remembering having to do more flushing letting the pots get too dry and not having enough runoff and I didn't have a good practice of keeping my plants raised off the floor and collecting runoff.

During summer months I use the runoff for my vegetable garden, sometimes I store it for later use if I'm able to do so at the location I'm growing.

Hope that answers some questions!

Cheers!

Woah buddy. Next level stuff.

Yep looks like a sturdy bushy indica but fussy as fuck that’s Bruce Banner!

Our tanks drift like that. Early in the 200L tank, first fill and 2nd probably I ph down to about 5.7 at 9am and know that by 6pm its gonna be more like 6. That’s OK because there looks like a meaningful difference in micro nutrient uptake there. They start the day with eggs Benedict and have meat and potatoes for dinner - where the macro nutrient uptake is slightly better at 6.0. But then as the tank ages it tends to stick at 5.8 more permanently.

I know that stiff ass black pipe, its Co2 safe as well (Co2 can degrade some plastics) and get why you don’t like it!

Netafim pipe is designed with nute/salt build up in mind, teflon coated or something on the inside. Worth a look but saw a European price for which made me think I wouldn't be using it I lived there! Israeli tech

Finally - I’ll PM you! I have an excess of pretty coloured buttons - including a bunch of 12v ones I’ll never use! Got blue, yellow, green and you have red already - lets brighten up the world 😂

Nick
Yeah I hate these fucking rubber hoses, it's the same used for the Autopot system. They work but get brittle after a few runs. It's good to let the pH drift work to your advantage!

It's the price with tax and postage that doesn't make it feasible here. I do like to fabricate stuff and gave most of my old pots and irrigation stuff I had away years ago because I was strictly growing in water cultures back then.

I ordered 50m more of that rubber hose I absolutely love! Lol!

Cheers bud!

They are looking GREAT!!! Good work!!
Thanks bud! They have started to be more of a hassle to get in and out of the tent and I'm looking forward to finally get hoses to setup the irrigation.

I need to order or buy some good gorilla/gaffa tape to seal the gaps between the runoff trays to better be able to position and move the plants around without worrying about covering the tent floor with runoff water.

IMG_20240311_051954016.jpg

No feeding this morning but plants haven't skipped a beat since transplant last night. They seem to like the added Ca/Mg leaving me thinking of adding a tad more to the feeding solution. I usually add something like 50 to 75ppm of Ca/Mg solution but maybe I'll up that to 100ppm going forward?

Cheers!

No feeding this morning but plants haven't skipped a beat since transplant last night. They seem to like the added Ca/Mg leaving me thinking of adding a tad more to the feeding solution. I usually add something like 50 to 75ppm of Ca/Mg solution but maybe I'll up that to 100ppm going forward?

Cheers!
You know my thoughts on the Cal Mag!

Cheers!
Are those clones or just seeds from the same bath? Looks so similar, so smooth

IMG_20240311_201441662.jpg
Testing the pumps. Setting up pumps and rings for three of them tonight. Pumps are super quiet to the point of not being hearable at operation. Very powerful for their size.

Updating as I go along

IMG_20240311_200100445.jpg

Surface roots.
IMG_20240311_212258067.jpg

Installed hosed for three of the inner plants. Soon I can add irrigation to all the rest! It works well and fills not to fast and not to slow.

Cheers!

IMG_20240311_200119028.jpg

IMG_20240311_200100445.jpg

Surface roots.
IMG_20240311_212258067.jpg

Installed hosed for three of the inner plants. Soon I can add irrigation to all the rest! It works well and fills not to fast and not to slow.

Cheers!

IMG_20240311_200119028.jpg

Almost there, can get those feet up soon 👌🤣 did you say you was going to cull a couple and scrog the rest of them?
Some nice branching more than ready for clones too 😎

Back
Top Bottom