My roots are definitely not that vigorous when drouting so that says it all đź‘Ť

Was it a long process with the bricks?

My roots are definitely not that vigorous when drouting so that says it all đź‘Ť

Was it a long process with the bricks?
They really don't like going to dry and I believe it's the main problem for underdeveloped roots and yield. I had two that went almost completely dry on me and its easy to see on the roots.

I believe it's a common misconception on here and it's hard to get it right in the beginning with all the mixed info about running soilless.
IMG_20240228_052117428_HDR.jpg

Happy girls! Looks lighter under the Meijiu light. I've increased feeding strength to 0.8 EC from 0.1 base water and 0.2 of that humic/ kelp, the rest 0.5 is the plant food. I upped the humic/kelp extract. I want them to spread and shoot as many auxillary shoots as possible before entering flower.

Happy to not having to chase my tail anymore with feeding three times a day, they were a little bit rootbound at transplant. It's funny how some of the same people running SIP's also promote droughting, that doesn't make any sense to me. First they want to achieve optimal saturation levels from runnings SIP and the other sentence they promote droughting that does the complete opposite? You can't have one with the other and I still believe droughting to do one positive and 9 negative things for the plant. It's only really applicable in a very controlled environment and I don't think they do it as frequent in the studies as people do on here.

It takes about 48 hours for me to prepare coir so it's a little bit of a hassle to prepare from bricks.

Cheers!

IMG_20240229_194501786_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240229_162933841_HDR.jpg
Getting used to their new light, skirts and feeding regiment. Looks hungry but keep on growing, increased to 500ppm / 1.0 EC twice daily.

Cheers!

Preparing some coir brick. I'm preparing about 30 liters, 8 gallons. That will be more than enough for all of them inf flower. That will give me more than enough of substrate mixing it with perlite. I start by rehydrating the coir brick in a plastic container letting all the sand and small bits fall to the bottom and then scoop out the floating bits with a colander. Depending on quality I also do this with perlite.

IMG_20240301_052908739.jpg
IMG_20240301_053209709.jpg

Drained the coir and cleaned the plastic container from all the sand, rocks and small bits and then refilled with full strength Ca/Mg solution. Letting it sit for 24-48 hours. I will have to steal some to top off two of them later today before going away for a day.
IMG_20240301_052118061_HDR.jpg

Girls are getting the drift! Looks better this morning with feeding to runoff.

Cheers!

IMG_20240302_173906328.jpg

Back home! The plant have grown well with one less feeding. Some of the pots felt lighter but the surface was still moist. I've started giving then MC 2 part with Jacks 321 ratios.

Looks better every time I look into the tent which tells me they've acclimated to the new light source and taking feedings well. Roots are already poking out the bottom on the containers. One more week maybe an then take cuttings? Maybe it'll be two weeks, well see what they decide to do! Added carbon filter today, they have started to reek!

Cheers!

IMG_20240227_034803065.jpg

IMG_20240303_060615098_HDR.jpg

One week of growth.
IMG_20240303_060622748.jpg

Early morning with feeding to runoff. I need to fix two more runoff trays! They've outgrown their boats again! They really seem to like the MC mix I'm giving them. I will probably only need another week of veg. I could take cuttings already but I'll wait a couple of more days.

Cheers!

IMG_20240303_203251625.jpg
IMG_20240303_203343815.jpg
IMG_20240303_203410270_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240303_203401290.jpg

They have officially taken off! They all have good branching and structure early on, these will produce well for sure with this internodal length and being sativa dom. I can probably take nice big cuttings in a couple of days. I twist and break and the top dominant shoot every third day on all of them to encourage auxillary shoots. Good stress is good! Lol!

Need to fix more nets to cover the two runoff trays I'm adding in the upcoming days. I got metal netting, I just need to cut it to size.

Since it's been a couple of days and they've received many days of feeding I'm starting to back off on the feeding strength. It takes a while for the coir to be fully saturated and reach equilibrium point and stop holding on to minerals. I'm currently feeding 0.8 EC twice a day at pH 6.0.

Cheers!

IMG_20240303_203251625.jpg
IMG_20240303_203343815.jpg
IMG_20240303_203410270_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240303_203401290.jpg

They have officially taken off! They all have good branching and structure early on, these will produce well for sure with this internodal length and being sativa dom. I can probably take nice big cuttings in a couple of days. I twist and break and the top dominant shoot every third day on all of them to encourage auxillary shoots. Good stress is good! Lol!

Need to fix more nets to cover the two runoff trays I'm adding in the upcoming days. I got metal netting, I just need to cut it to size.

Since it's been a couple of days and they've received many days of feeding I'm starting to back off on the feeding strength. It takes a while for the coir to be fully saturated and reach equilibrium point and stop holding on to minerals. I'm currently feeding 0.8 EC twice a day at pH 6.0.

Cheers!
Full steam ahead! I hope your ready as theirs no stopping them now 🤣 I'm never ready LOL

IMG_20240304_055948880.jpg

Morning and feeding to runoff. Got some work to do today. More runoff trays and removing the humidifier tub to clear out space. I will just locate it outside at the intake and I'll lower humidity slightly entering flower.

These girls are more than ready to flower soon 30 days above ground.

Full steam ahead! I hope your ready as theirs no stopping them now 🤣 I'm never ready LOL
Not even close! I need to start setting up irrigation tonight. I'm being stubborn and making my own feed rings. I'll solder and test things tomorrow.

Cheers bud!

IMG_20240304_181851497_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240304_182638463.jpg

IMG_20240304_191251025_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240304_191258519.jpg

Second feeding, added another runoff tray. I'm gonna take some pictures on the new nodes. I need to start working so I'm done with irrigation before they enter flower.

Fed 400ppm / 0.8 EC at pH 6.0 two times daily with plenty of runoff(~20% of pot volume).

Cheers!

IMG_20240305_181512520_HDR.jpg

Feeding to runoff! I'm seeing light Mg def on two of them so I took some runoff reading, I was suspecting pH running a tad lower than input and it was 0.5 points lower meaning I need to adjust accordingly. Upping from pH 6.0 to pH 6.5. There's plenty of Mg in the mix meaning pH is running low.

The girls tells me what's going on and the runoff is the adjustment point. pH is more important than people give credit for and I get its hard to adjust according to plant response in the beginning. The biggest consensus and mentality on here is more is better in terms of nutrients and if you see a deficiency you should add more of said mineral "since the soil adjust your pH" which is the most naive argument there is.

You should work towards the absolute lowest optimal nutrient strength without any signs of stress or deficiencies for optimal plant growth, not having a glossy green turning blue leafy mess at the end of flower.

Cheers!

They all look to be the same size which I would think will help out on the scrog. 🍋
That's very true Keith! I'm surprised of their uniformity. Looks like a very inbred strain. I already have a keeper but haven't decided on the other one. Flower will tell which one to keep!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom