IMG_20240224_221756119_HDR.jpg

Mission for tonight is building a insulation box for the exhaust fan. Always built these from cardboard boxes back in the day but going for a more sound proof material this time. Filling it with blankets and bedsheets.

These fans all have heat fuses and get their cooling passing through the fan while operating and there's similar solution you could buy for this purpose.

IMG_20240225_203143435.jpg
IMG_20240225_203410736.jpg

4x4 is up. Mounted the biggest fans all the way in the top. I'm having a vape break and then I'll setup the light. I forgot how fun it is to raise these 8 feet tall gorilla tents by yourself...

Girls are still in the 3x3 while I'm doing work. Updating as I go along.

Cheers!

That's some kind of @NickHardy sorcery. I thought that container, pots and plants were larger 🤣 now they just shrunk 🤣
Going backwards! 3x3 to 4x4! The pots are 3,15x3,15x3,15", 1.745455 fl oz. I got tall 1 gallon pots waiting for them.

Nick is a wizard for sure! 😂

Looking great - sorry been real busy with some real life stuff. First journal catching up with.

I’m no wizard or sorcerer - barely showered this week though and they always look a slightly grimy lot so that’s something we have in common!

All looks great - just one thing the fan with blankets round it you’re not worried about fire risk? I’ve had three burn out on my now one had a couple of little flames, all had smoke. I know my ambient temperatures are 30c+ (we’ve never had one go in the full indoor room - only outdoors) but please be careful!

We’re harvesting nearly everything today or tomorrow apart from a BB. Can’t wait to get a decent photo of her. Looks amazing the one side I can see, she’s going to get 730w all to her self to finish 🤞🏼A strain with so much potential. Just up potting about 7 of them today.

Gogo Wastei!

Nick

Looking great - sorry been real busy with some real life stuff. First journal catching up with.

I’m no wizard or sorcerer - barely showered this week though and they always look a slightly grimy lot so that’s something we have in common!

All looks great - just one thing the fan with blankets round it you’re not worried about fire risk? I’ve had three burn out on my now one had a couple of little flames, all had smoke. I know my ambient temperatures are 30c+ (we’ve never had one go in the full indoor room - only outdoors) but please be careful!

We’re harvesting nearly everything today or tomorrow apart from a BB. Can’t wait to get a decent photo of her. Looks amazing the one side I can see, she’s going to get 730w all to her self to finish 🤞🏼A strain with so much potential. Just up potting about 7 of them today.

Gogo Wastei!

Nick
Thanks for the concerns but I'm not scared Nick! 🤣 I strictly and only use EBM papst branded fans for the fire concerns and they all have thermal fuses built in. Ambient is enough to cool it and it can operate well at +50C somewhere I will never reach even though I tried my absolute best. Cooling goes through the fan and it has not other means of cooling. My oldest EBM papst fan I have is well over 30 years old and still going while all the cheap noname or rebranded ones are dead.

I built these style boxes for 20+ years and yet to have a fan break or burn because of it. I bet many fans don't have as much safety built in and I'm not sure of the safety regulations in Asia.

Looking forward to see some Bruce babies!

Cheers bud and all the best!

Thanks for the concerns but I'm not scared Nick! 🤣 I strictly and only use EBM papst branded fans for the fire concerns and they all have thermal fuses built in. Ambient is enough to cool it and it can operate well at +50C somewhere I will never reach even though I tried my absolute best. Cooling goes through the fan and it has not other means of cooling. My oldest EBM papst fan I have is well over 30 years old and still going while all the cheap noname or rebranded ones are dead.

I built these style boxes for 20+ years and yet to have a fan break or burn because of it. I bet many fans don't have as much safety built in and I'm not sure of the safety regulations in Asia.

Looking forward to see some Bruce babies!

Cheers bud and all the best!
More for anyone else really. Two of mine were Mars Hydros. Bought after market Inkbird controllers for those that burnt out which are very cool. Also have temp/Rh sensors so you can program them. Bad photo included!

IMG_1789.jpeg

More for anyone else really. Two of mine were Mars Hydros. Bought after market Inkbird controllers for those that burnt out which are very cool. Also have temp/Rh sensors so you can program them. Bad photo included!

IMG_1789.jpeg
I love the STC controllers. I got the wh8040 and stc1000 packed in a box somewhere. I've seen that one but never used the combo!

Cheers!

What's your final pot size? Do you usually transplant 3x?
It depends a little bit on plant size and count. These will only be transplanted once since I don't know anything about their stretch and how they behave entering flower. The small pots and then 1 gallon all the way through flower this run. Last run I had one plant in a 4x4 in a 3 gallon pot in coco coir.

Normally I transplant 2-3 times in soilless.

IMG_20240226_202055339.jpg

Getting used to their new light. I dialed it back even further to 200w and I'll increase 50w tomorrow to 250w. Waiting on coir brick and nylon hoses for the pumps.

I have a hard time keeping up on the feedings but I'll manage a couple of more days.

I found 20+ half gallon pots that I forgot I had in the storage room so I decided to transplant with the coir I have. I like 40/60 to 50/50 mix of perlite and coir. Here's some of the roots!
IMG_20240227_204316992_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240227_205428639_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240227_211202599.jpg

IMG_20240227_175225128.jpg

IMG_20240227_212310415.jpg

I didn't have enough coir and I've ordered two big slabs that should give me 300 liters of mixed medium. Some of the pots needs refilling.

I backed off some more with the light. I'm still learning how to optimally operate these fixtures and it's only my 5th run under LED's. 250w and high above the canopy, not stretch but I can see start of early light bleaching. Last time I started seeds was under tiny LED bulbs while I stayed abroad.

Cheers and all the best!

Back
Top Bottom