Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony

Nice e job sorry about the caterpillars they have been bad over here this year too they hit my outdoor plants hard
Thanks Abs! This grow I tried without spraying. I'll add it back in next grow but luckily it has not been a lot of damage, I'll still get the lion's share.

Cheers CL!

Thanks Otter! The majority of what I cut off is actually untouched by damage, the actual real damage is luckily minimal.

Cheers Tra! I think it is like the deal that the whisky makers have to do, that the longer they age the whisky the greater the share that they lose to the angels, they just can't have it both ways. I welcome some loss for the opportunity to take the flowering longer and see if the resulting effect is greater, altho it is already a potent smoke.

Thanks Shed! The caterpillars seem to like to nibble thru a whole bud's stalk which then either quickly or slowly dies depending on how deep they nibbled. Next grow I will have a prevention approach for them. Fun flowers indeed, it's already a great smoke.
Maybe try catching the pillars before they hatch next year maybe research it you might not have to spray if you can catch them early on before they even hatch. Like the Japanese beetles they start as a grub ✌️

Maybe try catching the pillars before they hatch next year maybe research it you might not have to spray if you can catch them early on before they even hatch. Like the Japanese beetles they start as a grub ✌️
Cheers SOG! For my growing I don't have 24/7 freedom to potter about as I please. If the weather is pounding against the balcony doors then I can't open them. And trying to keep my growing low key and stealthy from family who are not in the loop is quite restricting, so I am very much into approaches that give a good thumbs up on the Lazy-o-meter! I think regarding caterpillars that I will just investigate a spraying routine that doesn't have any bad side effects, thanks.

Cheers SOG! For my growing I don't have 24/7 freedom to potter about as I please. If the weather is pounding against the balcony doors then I can't open them. And trying to keep my growing low key and stealthy from family who are not in the loop is quite restricting, so I am very much into approaches that give a good thumbs up on the Lazy-o-meter! I think regarding caterpillars that I will just investigate a spraying routine that doesn't have any bad side effects, thanks.
Hey Stunger, they’re great looking girls. Getting close with the trichomes ripening. Happy testing 😎

Im with you on the lazy meter and i get the stealthy approach ,had to do it for years
Company come over and say "HEY , whys all that light coming from underneath your basement stairwell??" Ummm , Ahhhh!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Yeah those situations can be nerve wracking and need quick thinking.

Amongst mine, was growing some smelly weed on the balcony and answering a knock to the front door to find 2 cops there. I was trying to appear nonchalant but my heart was totally pounding. It turned out the neighbour's kid had been throwing eggs at the house behind me, and the cops had jumped over my gate to bang on my door thinking it was me, it was a hairy unexpected moment as I was stoned, red eyed and all pupils. I think they backed off because they knew they shouldn't have jumped my gate without evidence.
Hippy 420 y'all!
Cheers!

Update - Some pics after a day or so of sodden rain and drizzle

Greetings 420 enthusiasts!

Waiting for the rain to stop

Before the rain started I looked closely for any evidence of caterpillar damage and removed it to avoid any remaining damage developing into rot. A good percentage of what I removed is damage free and will provide early testers. :bongrip:

Mulanje Sherbert

Her buds have the most time to go, they are still showing quite a few white pistils.

From the early testers she is already a potent smoke. This morning I had a cap of last year's Mulange Sherbert and I feel it provides a higher level, which is good and reassuring because this plant probably still has 2 or 3 weeks left to further develop her potential.
:meditate:

Frozen Black Cherry

She's definitely getting close but looks happy to keep going. We are supposed to be in for a few days of sunshine this week so hopefully I can get a closer look at where she's at, but going on the recent last look I guess another week perhaps.

Super Lemon Haze

Her pistils have started to die off. I'll get a closer look of her on a sunny day soon.

From the side window

Thanks for dropping in. I hope you're well and I look forward to catching up with your grows of which I am a bit behind.

Update - The Black Frozen Cherry is getting closer to her date with harvest destiny

Greetings 420 enthusiasts!

A week of mostly sun is forecast ahead :surf:

The girls are looking somewhat aged and gnarly. It's getting to the business end of the grow!

Plant Maintenance

Today, I removed more damaged/dead bits from the Frozen Black Cherry. She is reaching her end. Some of her stems here and there perhaps from age or LST damage, or from caterpillars, are showing signs of dead tissue with buds growing from them dying off. Some bits were too tricky to prune off a single bud and being short on time I ended up cutting off some perfectly good buds too, but never mind it's all going to be used!

I prefer to lose some of the yield in order to be able to nurture the majority to a longer more potent finish. The early testers have been great. The FBC is 80% indica, a strain that I was imagining as being more for the evenings or going to sleep, so I am not looking for an active, 'bounce around' effect from her. If letting her flower for longer means that she turns out to be 'couch lock' then that is fine too. But right now I have the 'bit between my teeth' and I want to see how she'll be if given more time. If it turns out too much then next time I'll know not to go for as long.

Frozen Black Cherry cola top

Frozen Black Cherry buds

Frozen Black Cherry trichome closeups

I haven't yet bothered to look closely at the Mulanje Sherbert or the Super Lemon Haze as they still have further to go, but I'll be leaning in to view them closely once I've got the Frozen Black Cherry out of the way. 👀

I look forward to catching up with your journals, there's been a few distractions and I've got a bit behind. :nomo:

Anyway, thanks for dropping in, I hope everyone's bud gardens are going great, all the best!
:ganjamon:

Slow motion harvests are much easier on the back! :thumb:
It's a bit like that Shed, remove a bit, let the plant continue, remove a bit more and so on until just a stalk remains.

But nah, it is a good opportunity to see what effect letting her mature longer does. Altho to be honest, the FBC's trichomes still don't look massively ready but yet overall she is getting pretty tired looking.
Anzac Day my trans tasman brother!

Girls looking very mature, excited to see what you think post harvest.

Also, thanks for your help mate, so far everything has been a great result!

Hope you are keeping well and girls amaze you post harvest.

Cheers
Thanks Deeve! I'm looking forward to where their effects take me, and I'm gonna stay with them right to the sticky end!

Back
Top Bottom