Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony

Looking great stunger! Bet that black cherry smells amazing…wish i was your neighbor 😂…hey neighbor can I borrow a cup of sugar 👀
Thanks Drekoola! You can smell it during the day, a pleasant fruity smell, but in the evening and night it seems to hang especially heavy in the air, for the purposes of stealth it's a bit rule breaking.

Update - Flash pic of the trough ladies

Greetings 420 enthusiasts!

Here's a quick pic of the girls as we turn for home in the final weeks of the grow.

The Frozen Black Cherry stands out in the middle of the 3 with her top most fan leaves turning dark as the daily temperatures are cooling off overnight.

Thanks for visiting, all the best for a great day!
:ganjamon:

I think we need to take a moment and acknowledge the poor neglected plants. Who’s lives were lost. Who hung on the wall of death watching Stunger lather his canna with love as they starved, withered and died.

May their souls RIP.

IMG_4175.jpeg

I think we need to take a moment and acknowledge the poor neglected plants. Who’s lives were lost. Who hung on the wall of death watching Stunger lather his canna with love as they starved, withered and died.

May their souls RIP.

IMG_4175.jpeg
Shame on you Stunger! 😁

But your priorities are on point!

May their souls RIP.

Shame on you Stunger! 😁

But your priorities are on point!
Haha, thanks guys! I have had a variety of herbs growing there but have settled on Thyme, because it is really hardy. They are actually alive, but yes they get beaten up getting cooked and dried out in the sun until they're given a drink.

Update - Some pics & some caterpillar damage

I Hadn't planned to make a post today, but this morning I pruned off all the tatty leaves on the plants as we're in the end stage of flowering now and there's no point having dud leaves blocking off light to the buds.

Mulanje Sherbert

She is the least advanced of the 3, but she's well on her way and her colas are stacking up. Still mostly white pistils.

Frozen Black Cherry

She is looking quite striking with the darker fans around her buds. Hard sticky buds.

Super Lemon Haze

Her pistils are turning, still plenty of white ones but now many brown too. There is less on her than the other 2 but nonetheless she will provide a lovely test of her buds I am sure. I have been very curious about the Super Lemon Haze for a long time. I happened to smell my fingers after touching and it was completely different from the Frozen Black Cherry. Instead of a dense fruitiness it was just very clearing to the nose. I am looking forward to how obvious or not her 'lemon' is.

Some bits of caterpillar damage

I was only mentioning the other day how this year's grow had been rather miraculously bug free. But today, as I was trimming off old leaves I noted a couple of dried brown areas that one would expect if there was caterpillar damage or bud rot. There was 3 small bits on the FBC, and 1 bit on the SLH. I cut them off and will recover what is good to use for a little test-a-roonie once dry.

On a careful check I found 5 small caterpillars, they didn't appear very well. So I hoping that they are not thriving on my plants. I have been looking out for any caterpillar poop but haven't spotted any, even though today I found some caterpillars.

I am not too fussed. Colder weather is coming so they'll have that against them now.

Trichome closeups of the pruned off bad bits

I had planned on doing another trichome closeup check tomorrow, being a week after the last one to compare them to. But given I had these bits. I decided to check them indoors and propped up, where I didn't have to contend with them moving in the wind.

Well, I have to say they don't look close to being ready yet. I am guessing most likely it will be more than another week to go, as there is still a lot of clear trichomes, some clear amber but not many. And I am happy to hear any opinions too.

Thanks for dropping by, keep well and I hope good buds are at hand.

Like i said my here in Michigan i try to leave them as long as i can when weather and diseases let me sometimes up into the middle of November without no freeze ✌️
Been know to put plant fabric over the top to go even longer if needed
To be honest, the damage to my plants from the caterpillars appears very minor, to the cask whisky lovers it is the loss of the angel's dram, I'm ok with that. Besides, this grow has been very clean from mite attacks which I'm grateful for. But next grow I'll look at some spray for caterpillars, maybe BT if that is still available.
Great pics and a very good looking grow. Poxy caterpillars, I’ve been hit quite hard by the bloody things as well.
Thanks Zeb! Yep, a small loss is ok, but when it goes into devastation territory.

Haha, thanks guys! I have had a variety of herbs growing there but have settled on Thyme, because it is really hardy. They are actually alive, but yes they get beaten up getting cooked and dried out in the sun until they're given a drink.
No thyme to work on them when you have a beautiful canna garden:)

Update - 2 days zooted! - some early testing - a few more bits of caterpillar damage - FBC trichome closeups

Last Friday I posted that I had some small bits of bud that I had recovered from caterpillar damage. I crudely scissor chopped up the good bits and dried it for some testing. I got a little from each plant.

Zooted from early testing

The last couple of days I have been testing these bits and because of that workout I've been inhaling much more than usual, with a 48 hour feeling of being quite zooted, nicely so.

I can say that the bud from all 3 plants already gives a good kick. The most immature is the Mulanje Sherbert which still gives a wonderfully good kick, the Super Lemon Haze gave a solid well appreciated high too, but as expected (or hoped for), the almost ready Frozen Black Cherry is particularly decent and potent.
:lot-o-toke:

I have found vaping a couple of caps of the early FBC in the evening seems to set me up for a great sleep, which is interesting because there isn't a feeling of being glued comatose to the sofa, but just feeling in a nice state when doing things.

All 3 strains are very sticky, I guess not just from their genetics but also their environment of being in often constant wind, and periods of water stress that they've been through at various times over the last 6 weeks.

They're looking a bit menacing as they reach for the later half of flowering

I like this point of the grow when the plants are no longer focused on growing leaves but building buds.

More caterpillar damage means more test samples

We have strong winds now and tomorrow with an apparent rain soaking ahead too. So today seemed a good day to remove any visible brown patches where caterpillars had caused damage before the plants got a drenching.

To be honest, after enjoying the potency of the first round of early testing I was almost pleased to spot some more damage, very little in the scheme of things but the good bud recovered should be a little bit more advanced than the recent 'first round'. I will chop it up and air dry it overnight and hopefully it'll be great to get into tomorrow, I am looking forward to it! :ganjamon:

The above damage pictured is only from the Frozen Black Cherry. There was some really tiny minor bits on the Super Lemon Haze and a bit on the Mulanje Sherbert that were so small they just 'rubbed' off. Needless to say just from that little bit of housekeeping my finger tips were coated in resin.

When I rubbed off a small bit of the damage from one of the stems which I had selectively pollinated on the Super Lemon Haze, I felt 2 hard calyx that both had seeds inside. So that's great, seeds of a new cross. They are quite light in colour but they would be fully 4 weeks old by now so they should be perfectly fine for germination.

The Frozen Black Cherry is the closest to being ready

She has given up a reasonable number of her fans, and the small ones on her buds have turned dark in colour, her buds are quite stout and hard with a heavy solidness when touched.

Trichome closeups of the Frozen Black Cherry

The other 2 still have a few weeks to go, but the FBC at around 5 months old is beginning to turn, she is not ready yet, but maybe in another week to 10 days, and I am happy to hear any thoughts/opinions on that.

Well have a great day and thanks for swinging by!

They all look yummy Stunger! Glad to hear that they hold promise, per your early testers.

You're showing amazing restraint in searching for damaged buds for testers. Most folks seem to "accidentally" break something off at this stage of the grow! :Rasta:

They're beautiful, Stunger!💚

And congrats on the successful seed making operation!👍

Should make for some great plants next season🌱🌱🌱

Just caught up! Was a good read, wishing I lived somewhere I could grow outside now haha.

I'll pull up a chair in time for harvest :)
Thanks Burd, welcome! It's a big bonus being able to grow my own bud, and I am lucky that I can get away with growing outside.
I want to materialize in your yard for a taste Stunger! That FBC is soooo fine!
Cheers Otter! That'd be great to chew the fat over different strains. The FBC is now looking serious even though I can't seem to capture that in the pics.
They all look yummy Stunger! Glad to hear that they hold promise, per your early testers.

You're showing amazing restraint in searching for damaged buds for testers. Most folks seem to "accidentally" break something off at this stage of the grow! :Rasta:
Thanks GDP! I am very pleased with the early testing, and that I found the opportunity to do so, it's been a really zootful few days. :bongrip:
They're beautiful, Stunger!💚

And congrats on the successful seed making operation!👍

Should make for some great plants next season🌱🌱🌱
Cheers Carcass! Yeah that was nice and confirming that I had successfully made some seeds.
Menacing in the best way possible! I'm glad those testers proved zootalicious and the FBC is getting that "done in about 10 days" look. :)
Thanks Shed! I am super pleased with the early testing of all 3. The FBC has hard stiff sugar leaves and its buds are dense and heavy, it has a really serious look when viewed up near. I am guessing somewhere around another week should be very close for it's harvest.

Update - 2 days zooted! - some early testing - a few more bits of caterpillar damage - FBC trichome closeups

Last Friday I posted that I had some small bits of bud that I had recovered from caterpillar damage. I crudely scissor chopped up the good bits and dried it for some testing. I got a little from each plant.

Zooted from early testing

The last couple of days I have been testing these bits and because of that workout I've been inhaling much more than usual, with a 48 hour feeling of being quite zooted, nicely so.

I can say that the bud from all 3 plants already gives a good kick. The most immature is the Mulanje Sherbert which still gives a wonderfully good kick, the Super Lemon Haze gave a solid well appreciated high too, but as expected (or hoped for), the almost ready Frozen Black Cherry is particularly decent and potent.
:lot-o-toke:

I have found vaping a couple of caps of the early FBC in the evening seems to set me up for a great sleep, which is interesting because there isn't a feeling of being glued comatose to the sofa, but just feeling in a nice state when doing things.

All 3 strains are very sticky, I guess not just from their genetics but also their environment of being in often constant wind, and periods of water stress that they've been through at various times over the last 6 weeks.

They're looking a bit menacing as they reach for the later half of flowering

I like this point of the grow when the plants are no longer focused on growing leaves but building buds.

More caterpillar damage means more test samples

We have strong winds now and tomorrow with an apparent rain soaking ahead too. So today seemed a good day to remove any visible brown patches where caterpillars had caused damage before the plants got a drenching.

To be honest, after enjoying the potency of the first round of early testing I was almost pleased to spot some more damage, very little in the scheme of things but the good bud recovered should be a little bit more advanced than the recent 'first round'. I will chop it up and air dry it overnight and hopefully it'll be great to get into tomorrow, I am looking forward to it! :ganjamon:

The above damage pictured is only from the Frozen Black Cherry. There was some really tiny minor bits on the Super Lemon Haze and a bit on the Mulanje Sherbert that were so small they just 'rubbed' off. Needless to say just from that little bit of housekeeping my finger tips were coated in resin.

When I rubbed off a small bit of the damage from one of the stems which I had selectively pollinated on the Super Lemon Haze, I felt 2 hard calyx that both had seeds inside. So that's great, seeds of a new cross. They are quite light in colour but they would be fully 4 weeks old by now so they should be perfectly fine for germination.

The Frozen Black Cherry is the closest to being ready

She has given up a reasonable number of her fans, and the small ones on her buds have turned dark in colour, her buds are quite stout and hard with a heavy solidness when touched.

Trichome closeups of the Frozen Black Cherry

The other 2 still have a few weeks to go, but the FBC at around 5 months old is beginning to turn, she is not ready yet, but maybe in another week to 10 days, and I am happy to hear any thoughts/opinions on that.

Well have a great day and thanks for swinging by!
Nice looking garden ,"Right on!"

Back
Top Bottom