Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony

I'd say probably 10 days (I might be legally contracted to say that now), and the plant doesn't have that "done" look either. :)
Id say 10 or better myself if the weather is right no heavy frost/freeze or humidity or rain i try to leave them as long as i can when outside but that's just me and every plant and environment is different or if i has weed in the stash or not if i don't,WELL there's a murder gonna happen, off with her head i say ✌️!

Id say 10 or better myself if the weather is right no heavy frost/freeze or humidity or rain i try to leave them as long as i can when outside but that's just me and every plant and environment is different or if i has weed in the stash or not if i don't,WELL there's a murder gonna happen, off with her head i say ✌️!
I think you're ok not matter what you decide to do you've been doing it long enough to know, Harvest on Brother!✌️

I think you're ok not matter what you decide to do you've been doing it long enough to know, Harvest on Brother!✌️
I had been of the mind to harvest at least 1 week into April. But from recent discussions of harvest timing and plus that I had managed to get some trichome closeups it is no loss to put it out there and get the opinion of others. I might even go 2 weeks from here. Thanks all!

Some look 2-3 weeks from harvest and others 4 weeks +.

It's better to be patient and add weeks even a month on expected flowering time since they take longer time to finish outdoors. Forget about marketed flowering time, those numbers means next to nothing.

Plants looks good! Keep at it! Cheers!

Two weeks. That's what I was gonna' say.

Honest! ⚡
Some look 2-3 weeks from harvest and others 4 weeks +.

It's better to be patient and add weeks even a month on expected flowering time since they take longer time to finish outdoors. Forget about marketed flowering time, those numbers means next to nothing.

Plants looks good! Keep at it! Cheers!
Thanks very much all! I appreciate the feedback and opinions.

What do you think of the current clear/cloudy mix, it still looks too much clear to me, probably at least another week?
Grower's choice for sure, but they don't look ready to me. Of course I like them nicely ambered up, but lots of your's are still clear.

Grower's choice for sure, but they don't look ready to me. Of course I like them nicely ambered up, but lots of your's are still clear.
Thanks Azi, if the weather permits I will try and do another bunch of closeups in a week's time to see how that compares.

Update - afternoon views of the trough

Greetings 420 enthusiasts!

Some top dressings

Yesterday, I sprinkled about half cup of Bloom Fertiliser around the mulch of each plant.

I also gave each plant about 2/3 cup of Malted Barley & 1/2 cup of Alfalfa. I then tried to hand mix those dry ingredients into the mulch soil layer a little.

A watering

I have not been doing a lot of watering over summer, and there has been little rain. I think I have given them just 15 watering cans in 3 months (1 can is 10L or about 2.5 gal). And I am happy to treat them a little mean in that respect as I firmly believe it adds to the potency and given that the balcony easily meets my needs, I'd rather go for potency than quantity.

Yesterday after I added the above top dressings, I could feel the top mulch/soil layer was like a bit like of crusty dry old carpet. So slowly over a 15 minutes I gave them 1.5 watering cans. Mixed in was worm wee, and a few handfuls of worm castings, with a splash each of Kelp concentrate, Humic/Fulvic acids, Fish Hydrolysate.

Detering bug pests

After watering the top dressing in, I sprinkled about 1/3-1/2 cup of Neem meal over the top of the mulch. The Neem gives off an expected 'pongy neem smell' which I would like to think deters unwanted bugs, as well as unwanted birds trying to peck up the Malted Barley. So far this grow appears to be the most bug free grow that I have done on the balcony.

For this grow I haven't even carried out a single spraying, but I have sprinkled Neem meal several times upon the top surface of the mulch.

What else do I think could be assisting keeping bugs away. Well, I did amend the trough soil with a decent amount of dried shrimp for the Chitin content which is said to warn and strengthen the plant's defence against chitin shelled pests.

The soil also has a good amount of Diatomaceous Earth, high in Silica, that helps to help strengthen the stems, does that help against bug attacks, I don't know.

But so far when I view closeup pics that I have taken, the underside of the leaves are pleasingly clean, the odd spec of a bug occasionally here or there but no visible mass outbreaks of them.

I'd like to make a quick mention of thanks to the members who nominated this journal for March JOTM, and those you who gave your vote for it.
:Namaste: :thanks:

Thanks for dropping in, I hope you're having an excellent day!
:ganjamon:

Update - afternoon views of the trough

Some top dressings

Yesterday, I sprinkled about half cup of Bloom Fertiliser around the mulch of each plant.

I also gave each plant about 2/3 cup of Malted Barley & 1/2 cup of Alfalfa. I then tried to hand mix those dry ingredients into the mulch soil layer a little.

A watering

I have not been doing a lot of watering over summer, and there has been little rain. I think I have given them just 15 watering cans in 3 months (1 can is 10L or about 2.5 gal). And I am happy to treat them a little mean in that respect as I firmly believe it adds to the potency and given that the balcony easily meets my needs, I'd rather go for potency than quantity.

Yesterday after I added the above top dressings, I could feel the top mulch/soil layer was like a bit like of crusty dry old carpet. So slowly over a 15 minutes I gave them 1.5 watering cans. Mixed in was worm wee, and a few handfuls of worm castings, with a splash each of Kelp concentrate, Humic/Fulvic acids, Fish Hydrolysate.

Detering bug pests

After watering the top dressing in, I sprinkled about 1/3-1/2 cup of Neem meal over the top of the mulch. The Neem gives off an expected 'pongy neem smell' which I would like to think deters unwanted bugs, as well as unwanted birds trying to peck up the Malted Barley. So far this grow appears to be the most bug free grow that I have done on the balcony.

For this grow I haven't even carried out a single spraying, but I have sprinkled Neem meal several times upon the top surface of the mulch.

What else do I think could be assisting keeping bugs away. Well, I did amend the trough soil with a decent amount of dried shrimp for the Chitin content which is said to warn and strengthen the plant's defence against chitin shelled pests.

The soil also has a good amount of Diatomaceous Earth, high in Silica, that helps to help strengthen the stems, does that help against bug attacks, I don't know.

But so far when I view closeup pics that I have taken, the underside of the leaves are pleasingly clean, the odd spec of a bug occasionally here or there but no visible mass outbreaks of them.

I'd like to make a quick mention of thanks to the members who nominated this journal for March JOTM, and those you who gave your vote for it.
:Namaste: :thanks:

Thanks for dropping in, I hope you're having an excellent day!
All those things are GREAT ,you also probably have a few beneficial insect hanging around you dont see antamology is a skill to have!
That's what i try to do in my outdoor grow is companion plant for the beneficials even if the plants are around the landscape. I use neem meal quite often in my garden and in my worm bin and another good recipe for neem cake is to steep it for a day or two like a tea, it turns into azadactriin Bugs Hate it! Garden Looks GREAT Stunger I LOVE my trough in my basement if you do it right its almost self sufficient 👍 Keep up the good work

All those things are GREAT ,you also probably have a few beneficial insect hanging around you dont see antamology is a skill to have!
Cheers SOG! I have noticed now and then on my plants what we call native wasps here. There is a variety of types and ordinarily they are not noticed as they are small and don't stand out as 'stingers'. But they're great for preying upon the detrimental bugs.

For the FBC i would wait 10 to 14 days , the other 2 look like they will take longer, of cause weather permitted
Oh yeah the FBC has some nice colours coming through , looking just lovely , all of them, Peace,, take care stunger 🤙
Thanks Uncle! The flowering of the breeder's guidelines have passed but yeah I'm in no hurry. I will try and take some more trichome closeups of the FBC this coming weekend to see how they have progressed. I'm guessing another couple of weeks...

Update - Cola tops of the 3 plants

Another sunny still Autumn day. I gave the trough girls a watering again today to help soak in some of the top dressing that I applied yesterday.

For the last few nights, even though the balcony doors are closed there is a heavy fruity permeating smell of the Frozen Black Cherry coming into the house. Hopefully the neighbours are fast asleep and non the wiser.

Here's a cola top of each

Thanks for dropping by, all the best for a great day!

Back
Top Bottom