Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony

Update - Plant by Plant

Greetings 420 enthusiasts!

This morning so far we have had a bit of sun, a bit of rain, and a bit wind. I goofed up on my camera settings and the battery had no juice left to be able to rectify things. But onward to the pics I got.

Mulanje Sherbert

Frozen Black Cherry

Super Lemon Haze

I think I can see confirmation of developing seeds on one of the 2 branches that I selectively pollinated. There is more signs of the same on that stem. Yay!

Thanks for dropping in and all the best for a great day!
:ganjamon:

Don't forget to mention the greasy index, and those are high on that scale! :thumb:

And I have to thank @Virgin Ground for pointing it out to me. :)

Yeah they are, and the trough is really working well!
Thanks Shed! And thanks VG for that titbit! It is impressive how many bits of information that you keep track of, I mostly fail to remember who to attribute thanks to, but I am grateful for the wealth of experience that there is to draw from in our wonderful 420 community.

Update - Plant by plant

Today there has been quite strong winds blowing right at the balcony. The plants have been thrown around a bit and I am hoping no damage results because I just want to get them home without any major losses.

Mulanje Sherbert

The Mulanje Sherbert is the left most plant of the trough and is the least advanced of the 3 in flowering. I never super cropped her as for once I wanted to let a plant grow out some bats, and so far she is in the mid stages of growing out her's. However, today the wind has been belting her and I'm hoping her the repair job that I did on her stem split and the training wire support that I added will keep her safe.

Frozen Black Cherry

Not long to go for her. I am still pencilling in a possible chop point of somewhere around the end of the first week of April. Some of her leaves are going a bit darker on the edges and tips from the cooler overnight temperatures.

She is 80% indica and I am looking forward to trying her as I haven't had much of indica for a while. She is looking pretty close to being ready.

Super Lemon Haze

As I mentioned last post, I am pleased to have spotted some calyxes swollen with developing seeds on the 2 lesser branches that I selectively pollinated in early March. If I like the buds of the Super Lemon Haze then I'll be curious of how her cross will go.

We have got more wind ahead in the coming days. On Friday the forecast overnight temps drop to 10C which will presumably cause further darkening to the Frozen Black Cherry.

Getting close...

Thanks for dropping by, I hope your day and your garden is going great!

Update - Plant by plant

Today there has been quite strong winds blowing right at the balcony. The plants have been thrown around a bit and I am hoping no damage results because I just want to get them home without any major losses.

Mulanje Sherbert

The Mulanje Sherbert is the left most plant of the trough and is the least advanced of the 3 in flowering. I never super cropped her as for once I wanted to let a plant grow out some bats, and so far she is in the mid stages of growing out her's. However, today the wind has been belting her and I'm hoping her the repair job that I did on her stem split and the training wire support that I added will keep her safe.

Frozen Black Cherry

Not long to go for her. I am still pencilling in a possible chop point of somewhere around the end of the first week of April. Some of her leaves are going a bit darker on the edges and tips from the cooler overnight temperatures.

She is 80% indica and I am looking forward to trying her as I haven't had much of indica for a while. She is looking pretty close to being ready.

Super Lemon Haze

As I mentioned last post, I am pleased to have spotted some calyxes swollen with developing seeds on the 2 lesser branches that I selectively pollinated in early March. If I like the buds of the Super Lemon Haze then I'll be curious of how her cross will go.

We have got more wind ahead in the coming days. On Friday the forecast overnight temps drop to 10C which will presumably cause further darkening to the Frozen Black Cherry.

Getting close...

Thanks for dropping by, I hope your day and your garden is going great!
Those are some fat n chunky colas but I’m wondering how they smell? CL🍀 :thumb: :welldone:

The FBC looks like she's carrying some weight.
I wonder if the SLH is as 'super lemon' as advertised, have you tried it before?
"Super" in Super lemon haze refers to the parent Super Silver Haze.

SSH x Lemon Skunk = SLH

Cheers!

Looking real good stunger 🤙✌️
EVen the haze is bulking up nicely ❤️
Thanks Uncle! It's good timing, hopefully she finishes before the weather goes down the u-bend.
Those are some fat n chunky colas but I’m wondering how they smell? CL🍀 :thumb: :welldone:
Cheers CL! The predominant smell is from the most advanced, the Frozen Black Cherry. She's giving a fruity aroma that I noticed the heaviest last night, it must have been coming thru the balcony doors in the dark, it probably smelt great outside at the time.
I'm with ThirdUncle! That Haze is puffing up like crazy! Great growing Stunger!
Thanks Otter! She was wispy for a long while but she is now filling out.
The FBC looks like she's carrying some weight.
I wonder if the SLH is as 'super lemon' as advertised, have you tried it before?
Cheers Joe! This Super Lemon Haze is from the original breeder so I am hoping to get some of that 'lemon'. I have never had this strain before but it came highly recommended as @Emeraldo's favourite, so I am really looking forward to her, actually all of them!
That's an eye-popping trio, Stunger! :thumb:
Thanks GDB! I now just have to get them to the finish line.
"Super" in Super lemon haze refers to the parent Super Silver Haze.

SSH x Lemon Skunk = SLH

Cheers!
Cheers Wastie! Super Silver Haze on her own has a lot of fans and I am looking forward to the mix.

On a side note, all the best with the coming landlord disruption to your grow. It's very unfortunate but best wishes all the same.
Beautiful, Stunger! The wind is pumping here too.
Thanks Carmen! I feel as long as the elements don't overwhelm the plants it can help resin up their buds.

Cheers Wastie! Super Silver Haze on her own has a lot of fans and I am looking forward to the mix.

On a side note, all the best with the coming landlord disruption to your grow. It's very unfortunate but best wishes all the same.
I might be in luck! Future will tell! I'll run them as long as I'm able to!
IMG_20240327_202120052.jpg

Cheers!

That SLH is really starting to stack! I hope they withstand the weather. 🌬️
Thanks Shed! At least weather wise, they have been living out amongst it their whole lives, hopefully all the goodies in the soil help support them against stress.

Update - Frozen Black Cherry closeups

The weather is still blowing strongly at the balcony which isn't the best conditions to take pics.

The Frozen Black Cherry is nearing her end and I want to take the opportunity to get a clear idea of where she is trichome wise as well as just enjoy viewing her close up while she is here, as why not, soon the grow will be over until Spring.

5% - 15% Amber?

Previously, I have tried to get somewhere in the range of 5% - 15% amber trichomes. But now I am re-thinking the basis of that.

Peak Potency when maximum cloudy

I have read many times that peak potency is when trichomes are cloudy. So with roughly 3 states; clear, cloudy & amber, I figure that maximum cloudy should be when the numbers of clear and amber levels are the approximately the same, which may well end equating to a 5-15% amber range.

So rather than make the key judgement based upon the percentage of amber, I thought that I would look out for when the numbers of clear and amber are about equal.

I am guessing I may only have a week to 10 days to go with her, and there is more disruptive weather forecast in the coming days, so with little time left I need to make use of all picture taking opportunities that I can get as that is my only method to view trichomes.

I have only thrown this pic in to show how in the space of a few days of cooling overnight temps some of leaves are going dark on their edges.

From the above pics it is evident that there are still a lot of clear trichomes and few amber. The sugar leaves have extra amber but the buds are still mostly clear and cloudy.

Thanks for dropping in, have a great day and I hope you've got some good bud on hand to enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom