Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony

Hey Stunger the trough is looking 👀 great but I have a question about legalization over there. Are you guys making any progress towards it? I just like knowing what’s going on in other countries. CL🍀
Thanks CL! The country had a referendum a few years ago and legalisation missed out by just 2 or 3%. Such a pisser because now it'll most likely be avoided by the political parties for a few more years. It'd be frigging great to plant some trees in the actual ground rather being restricted to illegal hidden stealth grows.

Thanks CL! The country had a referendum a few years ago and legalisation missed out by just 2 or 3%. Such a pisser because now it'll most likely be avoided by the political parties for a few more years. It'd be frigging great to plant some trees in the actual ground rather being restricted to illegal hidden stealth grows.
Are you growing weed on the balcony in an illegal state? Wow that takes some balls! Hope you're surrounded by like-minded people!

All the creds to you and all the best of luck!

Cheers! :peacetwo:

Are you growing weed on the balcony in an illegal state? Wow that takes some balls! Hope you're surrounded by like-minded people!

All the creds to you and all the best of luck!

Cheers! :peacetwo:
Thanks Wastei! Unfortunately in this neck of the woods if I don't grow it illegally then I have to buy it illegally. When my wife frowned at the cost of me buying weed and asked me "why don't I grow it?", I didn't have to be asked twice! Plus with my own bud I get the benefit of knowing what went into it (just sunlight and good stuff). All the best.

Thanks Wastei! Unfortunately in this neck of the woods if I don't grow it illegally then I have to buy it illegally. When my wife frowned at the cost of me buying weed and asked me "why don't I grow it?", I didn't have to be asked twice! Plus with my own bud I get the benefit of knowing what went into it (just sunlight and good stuff). All the best.
That's awesome! Take good care of your wife, the good ones are hard to come by!

We are a little bit in the same boat growing in illegal states and if I lived more remotely I would grow more outdoors. Did a lot of forest guerilla grows in my youth when I had no other option.

You have your things sorted! Happy to see your girls flourish! :yummy:

Cheers!

Lovely plants Stunger. And those are some really nice trich pics.

I bow to the trough! :adore:

Man the sure look on the brink! Drought's over and clear sailing!
Thanks Otter! It's chilly and crisp in the mornings now and throwing open the balcony curtains they're looking close.
Lovely plants Stunger. And those are some really nice trich pics.

I bow to the trough! :adore:
Thanks GDB! The plants are galloping towards their end date and I am pleased with the trough's first run.

Oh Stunger, I nearly missed the whole thing! 😖 So sorry I haven’t been around, I just got all caught up and I was so worried, page after page, that I was going to see harvest and have completely missed it all. 💔 Well, looks like I had a pinch of luck and didn’t quite miss it!
Frozen Cherry has been my fave so I’m glad I didn’t miss, but whew I really cut it close. It’s so cool you’re fluxing, that is actually how I found 420mag (linked from grow weed easy site), following light addict’s tutorials. Looks like it’s working so well for your height requirements.
The trough has been a great addition to the balcony and once again, you’re smashing another grow. Well done my friend and I’m glad to see it to the finish now. :popcorn:

Oh Stunger, I nearly missed the whole thing! 😖 So sorry I haven’t been around, I just got all caught up and I was so worried, page after page, that I was going to see harvest and have completely missed it all. 💔 Well, looks like I had a pinch of luck and didn’t quite miss it!
Frozen Cherry has been my fave so I’m glad I didn’t miss, but whew I really cut it close. It’s so cool you’re fluxing, that is actually how I found 420mag (linked from grow weed easy site), following light addict’s tutorials. Looks like it’s working so well for your height requirements.
The trough has been a great addition to the balcony and once again, you’re smashing another grow. Well done my friend and I’m glad to see it to the finish now. :popcorn:
Hey HH, lovely to have you popping in! You shouldn't have laboured through all those posts and instead just jumped to the end.

The Frozen Black Cherry is the current star simply because she is coming to the end of her flowering, and I am really looking forward to her because it has been a while since I had an Indica dominant strain (she is supposed to be 80% indica). I am keen to see what effect she gives as my last 2 grow have been either full sativas or sativa dominant strains.

It must be said that my Fluxing training went well until I couldn't hold them back anymore, with the single node layer of Fluxing and burying their stems deeper into the trough, that even when they got away from me their height was still ok for stealth. I plan to Flux again next grow but I will have a think on how I can train them horizontal for longer before letting them stretch to see if I can get a more uniform canopy. All the best!

You shouldn't have laboured through all those posts and instead just jumped to the end.
Gasp! No way!! I had to see what you’ve been up to lately. :)

I am really looking forward to her because it has been a while since I had an Indica dominant strain (she is supposed to be 80% indica)
Maybe that’s why I’ve been partial to her? I’m an indica fan. I noticed you’ve been living in the land of sativa, I’m excited to see what you think as well.

I plan to Flux again next grow but I will have a think on how I can train them horizontal for longer before letting them stretch to see if I can get a more uniform canopy
Nice! Maybe you can start them a little earlier under a small light inside? That is the tough part of fluxing, the veg time is so much longer. I’m sure you’ll get it worked out. They look great this year, so kudos my friend!

Maybe you can start them a little earlier under a small light inside? That is the tough part of fluxing, the veg time is so much longer.
Before I began this grow, I could foresee the challenge of being a 'newbie' to Flux training over a long outdoor veg time, so I chose to start later, learning from this experience I probably will go back to starting them earlier next grow.

The problem I found that caused me to more or less abandon the Fluxing mid grow, was when the stem growth tips became stronger and more resistant to being held back. I accidentally fractured one Flux arm when repositioning a hooked training stake. I realised that potentially I could have lost half the plant! Then a week later I snapped a Flux arm branch clean off. At that point, I was nervous about making potential further damage so I stopped training them and let them go. Luckily, stealth wise their heights stayed reasonable from that stage on.

Fluxing is @Light Addict 's creation and he makes it look easy, he shows great skill and genius level intuition in what he does. For my horizontal training problem, I missed how Light Addict uses a training wire that he fixes near the ends of the young branches just like I did with a hooked stake, but he instead he draws the wire further down across and over the ends, which is just too much for the ends to resist against so they happily continue to grow out horizontally. I failed to see the innate importance of this. But hey, we learn as we go.
:smokin:

Update - Frozen Black Cherry - Glitter and trichs

Greetings 420 enthusiasts!

I was going to take some snaps tomorrow but the forecast is for mostly clouds and rain. So I've made use of the sun today to snap a couple of pics of the Frozen Black Cherry who in a very frosty way is confidently marching towards her chop date! I haven't yet sampled her snd she's smelling real nice and fruity, I can't wait!

At first glance I thought I might be seeing the spider strand of a mite, then I realised it's a sticky strand where 2 trichomes have touched and subsequently pulled apart leaving a strand connecting them. I have to thank @InTheShed for pointing that out in one of his many very informative posts.

Thanks for swinging by. I hope the day is going great for you wherever you are in our 420 world!
:ganjamon:

Your grows are always super detailed which I love.

With some slight differences I think your weather patterns are pretty close to mine.

With your setup this year has droughting been harder at all?

Girls look great as always mate, best of luck coming toward the back end of grows into harvest!
Thanks Deeve! Sometimes the details matters and this allows me to remember them when I read back next time.

For this grow in a trough, I never set out to drought, but the summer here has been a dry one so yeah it's possible. But in saying that, I haven't given them a real intense burst of it but instead they have been modestly droughting over a longer span of time, which personally I think still causes them to resin up a bit more than they otherwise would. Someone once mentioned about a wild cannabis plant that they found growing out of crack in a rock in harsh conditions which gave amazing smoke. I feel there is something to that.

And thanks, the back end of the grow is where you don't to mess up.

Someone once mentioned about a wild cannabis plant that they found growing out of crack in a rock in harsh conditions which gave amazing smoke. I feel there is something to that.
I believe it. I actually took sister clones, tried one under heavy distress at the end, and one with no additional undue water/drought stress.

Needless to say everyone agreed the droughted girl was better, and not marginal, significantly.

It not a study with controls, but its still telling.

Droughted girl finished sooner, had more trichomes, dried faster, smelt better and was definitely more potent. Unanimous acclaim.

Im sold.
And thanks, the back end of the grow is where you don't to mess up.
Youll be right mate, it the higher distress end, but equally, more vigilant.

You crossed the minimum threshold, it all a rise to a greater result from here.

Update - Trough shot

Greetings 420 enthusiasts!

It has been sunny today, but last night we had received a bit of a rain dump which looks like it has quenched the trough girl's thirst.

All 3 plants appear to be trucking along just fine.

The most advanced in flowering is of course the Frozen Black Cherry, I'm guessing about 2 more weeks for her. At this end stage I will continue to look closely at her trichomes to help make the judgement call.

Both the Mulanje Sherbert and Super Lemon Haze are also beginning to fill out.

Hopefully I can get all 3 across the finish line and be able to compare their effects and benefits, something which I am very much looking forward to.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are all having a good weekend, or at leasts bits of it.
:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom