SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

As a side note, in response to the pain I mixed up a batch of Carnival and Med GOM 1.0 in about even proportion. I've had great pain relief with the Med GOM before, but I wanted to see what happened if I mixed the two. It was more an instinctive move than anything. Carnival has negligible CBD and can hit upwards to 23% THC and the Med GOM 1.0 is a 2:1 ratio of CBD:THC, but those levels come out to something like 15% CBD and 10% THC. I realize this mix didn't bring me to an evenly balanced ratio, with the sizable THC values of the Carnival, but it did hit that pain down flat within three tiny hits in a way neither did on their own. Believe me, I tried.

What I wasn't expecting was how high I get from this mix. Very surprising. I had to stop medicating for a time yesterday because I was too high to deal with what was going on. I can count on a few fingers how many times I've been that high. Today I've been sticking with the mix and find I only have to hit it about twice an hour to keep everything on an even keel. I believe I'll keep this mix in mind for future recreational use. I need to plant another Med GOM 1.0, or something similar. .

I have taken to mixing my strains when I smoke. I was having a problem with tolerance build up. When you ingest more than one strain they tweak the other buzz and will stack in a sense. I've found that a pure sativa mixed with a pure indica pack more punch and have a much more robust buzz than just smoking a balanced hybrid. Even mixing two pure sativas has much more kick than the same amount of either by itself.

Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In Doc Bud's High Brix Kit

You will grow big ones like I do, Sue. You are dedicated to HB now so we won't have to worry about bugs. If you can just be patient and veg that beautiful Carnival out for almost 2 months along with some form of training. I prefer Supercropping (Shout out to my boy Duggs). As long as you follow the instructions after that, You're home free. Carnival flowers for almost 2 months so you're looking at a 4 month adventure for a biggun. You've got this Sue

You still have to worry about mites in the kit unfortunately.

I'll bet you'll like the Candy Cane simple because it's not in your preferred toke.....70% Indica. » AK47 x Mango x White Widow x Unknown Ruderalis. Of course yours didn't get any influence from the Rudy so who knows.

My guess is you're going to love what's left of the genetics.

I love that enthusiasm Jim. If they pack enough punch to work as brownies it'll open up enough stores of Carnival for a run of Grow Goddess's ND SAP oil. :slide: I'll start a list of necessary supplies and equipment and read her blog a few more times.

Subbed in and ready for the journey ...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:welcome: ginganinja. I love the passion, but really, it's not necessary to copy every post to leave a comment. We move these pages fast enough under the care of such a wordy wench. We, as a group, try to limit multiple postings.

Forgive me, don't take offense. Actually you're the first person I ever said that to, so there must be some reason behind it even I don't understand. Stick around these parts long enough and you'll see and hear many strange things out of me. :laughtwo:

Sue "Doc made an interesting point that a small communy, controlled, may actually enhance trichome development by encouraging a stronger immune response to the insect's exoskeletons."

I have added insect frass to soil mixes off and on for several years. You may want to ask Doc if he thinks adding it to your Kit mix would be good considering you have a crop of Borg to deal with while transitioning to a full Kit garden. It is about a 1 1 1/N P K but it is lite and I have never added very much.

I never know

I'm curious, what benefit would I potentially gain by adding it during this transition? I'm hoping to eliminate the Borg, because the foliars and washes don't work as warfare in a tent environment.

I pulled over 8 oz on one carnival and 7.3 on the other Carnival. They both were topped numerous times as well as some supercropping to keep em even

See? This..... teach me how to do that! Damn Baby! Just damn! All Carnival. It was a glorious sight. :dreamy: The oil I could make with that.

Loving watching your grows Sue ...

Thank you ganjaninja. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Yeh I definitely feel a lighter medicated effect from my wee vaporiser to my pipe with the same amount. There's only 3 different temp settings on mine and I think I remember seeing that some of the compounds have different boiling temps.
I try to use all 3 settings to get a broader range when I can't go for some flame ....

My Kind pen has three settings. I start on the first for two draws and ramp up like that until I'm tearing into all of it. Then I pop it open and eat the ABV like popcorn to catch anything left behind. Yum!

You're right about the boiling points. Terpenes start boiling off real low, around 170-180 F, but major cannabinoids need upwards to 400 degrees F to get fully harvested. Most people quit too early, when it no longer has taste. That just means the terpenes are burned off. There's still the high to go.

I haven't noticed increase in trichs from my controlled population, but the kit soil is definitely making the plants more resistant than prior grows. Something else I read about high brix growing is that EWC contains chitinase, an enzyme that breaks down exoskeletons. That helps plant resistance and repels pests. These ones have no where else to go, but at least plants are holding up.

I haven't found a large one in over a month but I keep finding a few little ones and eggs, plus the white dots on my leaves. The plants are showing no signs of stress now, but I think the cumulative stress affected trich development in the final weeks on plants I just harvested. I'm sure I could keep growing with them but reaching point that I may close down my grow for a few weeks after these plants are harvested and start over clean.

I can identify with that impulse. :straightface: They are exasperating. That's essentially what I've done with each tent. I'll keep doing that until I get it right.

Wow Sue. That Candy Cane looks amazing. I know part of the coloring is the lights, but those purple golf balls look yummy. :thumb:

They are beautiful, aren't they mouser? Just exquisite, and the smell is enticing beyond belief. Makes you want to take a bite. :laughtwo: She's starting to fill out real nice. As many plants as I've grown there's still that moment when you think they might not get there this time, or is it just me? Lol!

Hi Sue. I'm still here and I think this makes post number 49. One more and we can pm. I'd still like the lights. I've been skew posting the past couple days because I'm in Michigan and using my phone. Can't wait to get home and see how my plants are doing. Yours are looking great.

Good to hear. Just let me know and we'll get it done. Being away from the garden is physically painful sometimes, isn't it? When I came back from Jamaica I'd been gone a week and all lights were already off. Eek! I was up the next morning with the lights. :laughtwo:

I have taken to mixing my strains when I smoke. I was having a problem with tolerance build up. When you ingest more than one strain they tweak the other buzz and will stack in a sense. I've found that a pure sativa mixed with a pure indica pack more punch and have a much more robust buzz than just smoking a balanced hybrid. Even mixing two pure sativas has much more kick than the same amount of either by itself.

I'll have to try that mix of pure sativa to pure indica. I hadn't considered that possibility. Of course, finding space in my sativa-dominated garden for a pure indica is going to be the big challenge.

Sue, why do you put those plants inside the plastic bag? is that for humidity reasons? No humidifier?

MagicJim once pointed out that there're likely benefits from the CO2 in the air expelled into the bag for inflation. It forms an almost perfect environment for cloning.

You still have to worry about mites in the kit unfortunately.

:straightface: I'm compelled to find a way to view this without struggle. I can't "battle the Borg" because all that focus only creates more of them. There's a better way. I'll find it. Cleanliness is a major tool in creating control. If I start out with clean environments it enhances my chance. I have to believe the universe has my back here too, and that it'll all work out for me. Just the way it needs to.

That's a trick we learned from lembatoast. It keeps them in their own humidity dome.

He is the clone King, at least in SweetSue's world. :battingeyelashes: :love:

A word about cloning....
I've been exposed to some really variable weather over the winter. I see days of 90+ humidity and days like today where it's at 35.
This really wreaks havoc upon my cloning program. Just lost 2 the other day during a flip in the weather pattern.

I've tried many type of cloning. Temps cause ripples in all, but humidity seems to be the biggest driver. If the humidity drops below 50%, I have to cover them. If it stays above 50%, I just leave them uncovered and they do great. 50% seems to be the break point... maybe 55. I always keep my leaves dry because of the heat. When I get the leaves wet, they die off.

Here's an example of what happens when my leaves get wet above 50%....

IMAG7985.jpg

A word about cloning....
I've been exposed to some really variable weather over the winter. I see days of 90+ humidity and days like today where it's at 35.
This really wreaks havoc upon my cloning program. Just lost 2 the other day during a flip in the weather pattern.

I've tried many type of cloning. Temps cause ripples in all, but humidity seems to be the biggest driver. If the humidity drops below 50%, I have to cover them. If it stays above 50%, I just leave them uncovered and they do great. 50% seems to be the break point... maybe 55. I always keep my leaves dry because of the heat. When I get the leaves wet, they die off.

Here's an example of what happens when my leaves get wet above 50%....

IMAG7985.jpg

Ouch Tead! Maybe you should try the plastic bag technique with a NOLA twist, and do them in a perlite base instead of a plug, although I've had great success taking a plug from the bag and planting it in perlite.

That atmosphere's gonna tax me on a whole new level, isn't it? Lol!

Hey.... Thanks for the "lusty" comment. It's nice to get that noticed every now and then. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Oh I don't use a plug or anything. Just a dip into water, then a dip into clonex power and into a perlite pot of some sort.
I think the short pots stay too wet.... or maybe dry out too much... whatever the case, I use the 2L containers as cloning pots.
I'd just grow them in the same pot if I were using the liquid nutes, but the Osmo routine requires me to re-plant because the little babies will get fried in the Osmo set to feed the plant thru it's life.

Sue, "I'm curious, what benefit would I potentially gain by adding it during this transition? I'm hoping to eliminate the Borg, because the foliars and washes don't work as warfare in a tent environment."

The frass will act as inoculants as it breaks down. It is just a little boost for the immune system.

My mite damage drooped off a lot when I started mineralizing my soil. The Kit soil appears to be even more pest resistant.

Best

Hi Sue.

Glad you're feeling better.:love:

You should enter this photo in the Plant of the Month contest. That's one pretty plant.

Weekly Update: Friday, March 3, 2017

Pistil change is just getting under way.

IMG_474913.JPG

That's the nickle tour guys. Thanks for stopping to ohh and ahhhh. It's much more fun gardening when you can share the joy with friends. I'm off to the rest of my day now. It's so nice to feel this much better. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Hi Sue.

Glad you're feeling better.:love:

You should enter this photo in the Plant of the Month contest. That's one pretty plant.

Thank you HashGirl. What a sweet compliment. She's not up to those standards, or not yet. She has been a looker all along. Shame the Borg decended.

:ganjamon:One heart...:ganjamon:

:hug: :love: :hug:

Tanned are we? :love: Someday we'll coordinate better. It would have been so sweet to have been there with you. :hug: :love:

Back
Top Bottom