SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

SweetSue said:
Harvest in the morning. :yahoo:

I keep forgetting these hempies need flushed. She's been flushed and I'll let her dry out a couple days. Probably looking at harvest on Tuesday.

IMG_027968.JPG

IMG_028057.JPG

I removed her burnt fans before I popped her back into the tent.

IMG_028160.JPG

IMG_028261.JPG

IMG_028370.JPG

IMG_028463.JPG

IMG_028562.JPG

IMG_028667.JPG

IMG_028853.JPG

She looks a little naked. :laughtwo: Just a little while longer and I get to taste.

Well, I'm off to another great start. I hope your day is shaping out to be another joyful adventure. Do your best to spread that joy at every opportunity. You never know how much you'll positively effect your world, but you know the effect is happening by the way your own life sparkles. Be bold. Be bright. Sparkle like a jewel.

Sparkle like this. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_028854.JPG

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I also get migraines. I take a preventative pharmaceutical called tonpiramate. The side effect is that us makes carbonation taste horrible. So soda, beer and mixed drinks are out. I used to drink and think about drinking everyday. Now, lol I don't. It's really strange. I drink around friends and enjoy a couple here and there but, I'd rather be puffin than sippin .. The migraines aren't so bad and the cannabis helps. I've been slowly dosing myself down from my meds. The ones I can easily do at home anyway.

I took that drug for almost a year. I know what you're talking about with the carbonated drinks tasting yucky - like a dirty fish tank filter. Ew. And then it didn't help my headaches at all. I found that daily toking took my headaches from daily to maybe once a month. Bless the herb. I hope you find relief and get off that nasty topiramate. .

:) If we dont share we cant heal. I am still learning how this all works :) It would be nice to figure it all out for the world, but Id be happy just helping those I care about. There is a whole lot of potential here, and what we need is official studies that are based on actual fact...not stories about how pot is too potent and studies focusing on one strain and one expression of that strain....we need more generalized studies on how it ALL works

When that day comes; it's going to be very very difficult. It's my opinion that the prohibition has put the cannabis plant in a place it would have take centuries to get to if it was pushed into basements and closets. It's enormous the lists of strains you can find on a breeders website which I'm sure you know. It goes to show how well this plants is doing compared to any other living organizing I can personally think of on this planet, well you know what I'm sayin ..

So now with so many stains being bred, where do we start. I'm guessing this question has been asked and answered somewhere already. But I'm sure the testing will be a very long, extensive and drawn out process. Having a list of stable strains for testing purposes should be specific to the needs in the future.

Psychologically people will be less likely to be happy with the choice they made if they have multiply choose to choose from. For example, Say you want to grow for you chronic pain but you have 30 strain choices. Some 100% Indica and some hybrids with different percentages. This is on one website. Not much info and you only have a budget of $35. You choose only what you know from names you've a heard but you don't feel good about your choices.

Example 2 next website has less of a selection but each seed is broken down and then info given to help make the choice easier. Given that you only have a few items to focus on you can make a better choice and feel better about the decision your making.

I have noticed that you do not see this on any seed bank site so obviously this is just my way to show what I learned I my one psychology class ... But I notice with me it is true.
I always think about this when I hear talk of seed addiction hear and there on the threads.

Ok, I'm done.... ...

I took that drug for almost a year. I know what you're talking about with the carbonated drinks tasting yucky - like a dirty fish tank filter. Ew. And then it didn't help my headaches at all. I found that daily toking took my headaches from daily to maybe once a month. Bless the herb. I hope you find relief and get off that nasty topiramate. .

YES it's so bad lol. Took me about a month to figure out why I wasn't finishing my drinks. And then it hit me. It's been good and bad. I was on 200 ml. The other side effects I don't like and I'm taking myself off slowly. I just don't want that in my system anymore. I don't think it helps either.

That's the same sort of thing that makes me crazy, too - the inability, lack of desire, to talk about the high. :hmmmm: Yes, it's sticky and pretty and easy to grow and potent, uh huh, but ... what's the high?

Is it so subjective that it can't be nailed down? I don't think so, no. I stumbled across Carnival from MOC a few years ago. It has a high that is very different and distinctive to me. It feels like the best a sativa has to offer - no taint of fatigue, no anxiety, just a easy happy buzz that fades to nothing - no downside, clean as clean can be. Ok, so, that's just me?

I encouraged others to grow it, and so far, the reviews are much like my experience. Mouser has recently posted about it a couple times, and he says the same thing I do, as does Sweetsue and just about everyone who has tried it. So, the character of the high can be fairly universal.

Sure, I love a sticky fruity colorful bud, but I'm not smoking it for those reasons. I'm smoking it for the character of the buzz. I'm surprised that most seed houses choose not to market that way. Perhaps it's the recreational market that distorts it. I don't really think of myself as a medical patient, but I'm sure not a recreational user either.

It's interesting. At the very least, you'd think that a true description of the high would help sales. Maybe reviews just can't be trusted.

And it doesn't seem like research has uncovered the full effects of terpenes on the high - apparently they make a huge difference - some sort of synergy with the cannabinoid profile. Frankly, all I care about is the high. I can't stand a sluggish high. So don't tell me how pretty and tasty a strain is if you got it to look like that from some frankenstrain Skunk you cross with everything you get your hands on. Ten minutes after catching a buzz I'll feel like crap - thanks a bunch you fookers. :straightface:

Some seed houses breed for flash - color, taste, resin - and others breed for strain characteristics. Ace, for instance, cares more about the high and the integrity of the strain than it does about the flash. I like that about them. And the other houses turn out amazing strains - I love em! - they're gorgeous! - but nobody talks about the high, other than knockout potency.

Sure, but what effect does it have? Am I knocked out buzzing or knocked out stoned or knocked out painfree or ... ?

:bongrip:

That's exactly what what I've been thinking as well!! You really nailed it. I'm always asking people to describe their high to me. Especially is it's mine as of late. Funny how most I know are not used to that.

I don't believe breaking down the detail of the high is the norm for a lot of recreational users. They just get high. But I want to know the details and differences between what you have been smoking and what we are smoking.

Very good read, thanks for that Graytail!!

Let me say that differently. Maybe the people I know don't seem to be looking into detail of the high like I do.

Not maybe, definitely. The people I have asked so far anyway. lol I haven't been out much these days.

When that day comes; it's going to be very very difficult. It's my opinion that the prohibition has put the cannabis plant in a place it would have take centuries to get to if it was pushed into basements and closets. It's enormous the lists of strains you can find on a breeders website which I'm sure you know. It goes to show how well this plants is doing compared to any other living organizing I can personally think of on this planet, well you know what I'm sayin ..

So now with so many stains being bred, where do we start. I'm guessing this question has been asked and answered somewhere already. But I'm sure the testing will be a very long, extensive and drawn out process. Having a list of stable strains for testing purposes should be specific to the needs in the future.

Psychologically people will be less likely to be happy with the choice they made if they have multiply choose to choose from. For example, Say you want to grow for you chronic pain but you have 30 strain choices. Some 100% Indica and some hybrids with different percentages. This is on one website. Not much info and you only have a budget of $35. You choose only what you know from names you've a heard but you don't feel good about your choices.

Example 2 next website has less of a selection but each seed is broken down and then info given to help make the choice easier. Given that you only have a few items to focus on you can make a better choice and feel better about the decision your making.

I have noticed that you do not see this on any seed bank site so obviously this is just my way to show what I learned I my one psychology class ... But I notice with me it is true.
I always think about this when I hear talk of seed addiction hear and there on the threads.

Ok, I'm done.... ...

When the Dutch set up their national medicinal cannabis system they polled their citizens and determined the 6 or 7 strains that appeared to be the most effective across the board and concentrated on growing those strains, because it's not the strains that matter so much as the terpene profiles. What you want to do is determine which terpenes would be best for your particular needs. Then you find the cannabinoid ratios that fit your lifestyle limitations and work from there.

For depression the terpenes that appear to be most effective are limonene, Beta-Caryophyllene, and linalool. Linalool will make SSRI antidepressants more effective. Limonene is a tremendous asset to lifting the spirits and clearing the head. Beta-caryophyllen is a powerhouse terpene beginning to be viewed as a cannabinoid. It activates the CB2 receptors, which comes into play with depression.
As far as ratios go, I'd recommend something with a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio. The CBD Critical Cure from Barney's Farm is a great starting point. I know this one was effective in stopping the daughter's migraines from day one. It may work for you.

Once you get started you begin ticking up the THC or CBD, in balance, until you feel comfortable. I feel comfortable with the straight plant, as harvested and processed into FHO.

Getting off the antidepressants has to be done under the watchful eye of the physican who prescribed them. As you increase your cannabinoid dose you'll need to decrease the pharma doses. It may take more than edibles to get to the end. You might want to look into suppositories, although that might not be necessary. It is when we do a detox from opioids, and it's the recommended method for cancer or debilitating back pain.

Have you explored capsule therapies yet Mag7? Make a potent infused oil and dose yourself 3-4 times a day to create a constant cannabinoid baseline to assist the struggling ECS. This can eliminate all that fluctuations you're experiencing in effect.

We were trained by prohibition to dose with combustibles. This isn't a very effective way to treat disease IMO. The cannabinoids need continual replenishment until the endogenous system can stand on its own once again. They only circulate through the system so long before enzymes break them down and eliminate them or they go into hiding in fat cells. Either of those fates takes them out of the healing stream. A regular dosing schedule with capsules accomplishes that constant supply.

That reaction you had is a new one to me. What strain were you ingesting? Your response suggests it's not a good match for your pharma meds. How close together did you take them when this happened? Being cautious about dosing times may eliminate that concern.

That's the same sort of thing that makes me crazy, too - the inability, lack of desire, to talk about the high. :hmmmm: Yes, it's sticky and pretty and easy to grow and potent, uh huh, but ... what's the high?

Is it so subjective that it can't be nailed down? I don't think so, no. I stumbled across Carnival from MOC a few years ago. It has a high that is very different and distinctive to me. It feels like the best a sativa has to offer - no taint of fatigue, no anxiety, just a easy happy buzz that fades to nothing - no downside, clean as clean can be. Ok, so, that's just me?

I encouraged others to grow it, and so far, the reviews are much like my experience. Mouser has recently posted about it a couple times, and he says the same thing I do, as does Sweetsue and just about everyone who has tried it. So, the character of the high can be fairly universal.

Sure, I love a sticky fruity colorful bud, but I'm not smoking it for those reasons. I'm smoking it for the character of the buzz. I'm surprised that most seed houses choose not to market that way. Perhaps it's the recreational market that distorts it. I don't really think of myself as a medical patient, but I'm sure not a recreational user either.

It's interesting. At the very least, you'd think that a true description of the high would help sales. Maybe reviews just can't be trusted.

And it doesn't seem like research has uncovered the full effects of terpenes on the high - apparently they make a huge difference - some sort of synergy with the cannabinoid profile. Frankly, all I care about is the high. I can't stand a sluggish high. So don't tell me how pretty and tasty a strain is if you got it to look like that from some frankenstrain Skunk you cross with everything you get your hands on. Ten minutes after catching a buzz I'll feel like crap - thanks a bunch you fookers. :straightface:

Some seed houses breed for flash - color, taste, resin - and others breed for strain characteristics. Ace, for instance, cares more about the high and the integrity of the strain than it does about the flash. I like that about them. And the other houses turn out amazing strains - I love em! - they're gorgeous! - but nobody talks about the high, other than knockout potency.

Sure, but what effect does it have? Am I knocked out buzzing or knocked out stoned or knocked out painfree or ... ?

Obviously, talking about the high does drive sales. Look at the uptick in those growing Carnival. To be honest, I don't do any recreational consumption. This site is my only outlet for things cannabis-related.

I feel blessed to have discovered Carnival so early on, and DDA as well, possibly the sweetest motivational high I've found in an auto. Then to discover the clear euphoric effect of the CBD Critical Cure... I had my three base strains all ready to go. All three strains offer clear-headed highs that make me want to do something other than chill and eat. Hell, with all three I need to remind myself to eat. :laughtwo:

What I like most about Carnival is that total lack of a drop when it begins to wear off. These elements to the high are important to me. I want a cheerful demeanor, a mind curious to explore, my senses heightened. I don't want sleepiness (unless it's 3AM), lethargy, couch lock, or the munchies. Quite frankly, those effects piss me off, no matter how wonderful the initial euphoria was.

It would be so helpful if the seed banks developed some way to translate this information to the masses as well as begin to tell us the terpene profiles anticipated from the seed you're forking over $10 a pop for. All those effects we experience with our cannabis are driven by the terpenes. THC gets you high, but the terpene profile will determine the nature of that experience. There's no reason in my mind why they can't have their strains tested and share that information with their customer base.

Knowing what cannabinoids to expect other than THC and CBD would be a nice feature too.

Graytail, we're all cannabis patients. It's not like the cannabinoids will keep themselves from attaching and healing just because your intention was simply to get high. :kisstwo:

Let me say that differently. Maybe the people I know don't seem to be looking into detail of the high like I do.

Not maybe, definitely. The people I have asked so far anyway. lol I haven't been out much these days.

Most people want to come home at the end of the day and unwind. What they're looking for is a way to slow down the dance of the day, maybe have a little conversation. Who cares about the nature of the buzz? Just give me the buzz.

Well..... I care. :straightface: I care enough that I'll usually pass on the indica, thank you very much.

When the Dutch set up their national medicinal cannabis system they polled their citizens and determined the 6 or 7 strains that appeared to be the most effective across the board and concentrated on growing those strains, because it's not the strains that matter so much as the terpene profiles. What you want to do is determine which terpenes would be best for your particular needs. Then you find the cannabinoid ratios that fit your lifestyle limitations and work from there.

For depression the terpenes that appear to be most effective are limonene, Beta-Caryophyllene, and linalool. Linalool will make SSRI antidepressants more effective. Limonene is a tremendous asset to lifting the spirits and clearing the head. Beta-caryophyllen is a powerhouse terpene beginning to be viewed as a cannabinoid. It activates the CB2 receptors, which comes into play with depression.
As far as ratios go, I'd recommend something with a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio. The CBD Critical Cure from Barney's Farm is a great starting point. I know this one was effective in stopping the daughter's migraines from day one. It may work for you.

Once you get started you begin ticking up the THC or CBD, in balance, until you feel comfortable. I feel comfortable with the straight plant, as harvested and processed into FHO.

Getting off the antidepressants has to be done under the watchful eye of the physican who prescribed them. As you increase your cannabinoid dose you'll need to decrease the pharma doses. It may take more than edibles to get to the end. You might want to look into suppositories, although that might not be necessary. It is when we do a detox from opioids, and it's the recommended method for cancer or debilitating back pain.

Have you explored capsule therapies yet Mag7? Make a potent infused oil and dose yourself 3-4 times a day to create a constant cannabinoid baseline to assist the struggling ECS. This can eliminate all that fluctuations you're experiencing in effect.

We were trained by prohibition to dose with combustibles. This isn't a very effective way to treat disease IMO. The cannabinoids need continual replenishment until the endogenous system can stand on its own once again. They only circulate through the system so long before enzymes break them down and eliminate them or they go into hiding in fat cells. Either of those fates takes them out of the healing stream. A regular dosing schedule with capsules accomplishes that constant supply.

That reaction you had is a new one to me. What strain were you ingesting? Your response suggests it's not a good match for your pharma meds. How close together did you take them when this happened? Being cautious about dosing times may eliminate that concern.

I knew someone had more than likely done something like that. I'm honing to look more into it for sure.

You've spoken so much about Critical Cure and I've been trying read through your journals when I can about it. I know for sure that when I feel like I like my confidence is really in the average grower stage, that's when I think I'll start playing with that strain. I want to have a few grows and more understanding of the souls and what it does first hand first .

I see my doc about getting off the meds next months. I haven't used it made the FHO yet. I want to try with my next harvest. I always have a little nervousness when it comes to edibles, I don't know why. Probably because of what just happened and because I've never had one and the ones I've had are weak so I never get any effect or so it seems.

As I get older I'm a lot more cautious of what I put n my body or at least what I mix with what I put in my body. I'd like to try other things or higher does but it worries me the effect it'll have on the medications I take now.

I see your point on how needed to does properly though. Makes complete sense.

Bloom Bump

Adjusted the lights to get Thin Mint GSC into the finish tent. She's at Day 76 and her 38th under 12/12 lighting.

IMG_029154.JPG

That made it possible to bump Carnival 4.2 into the early tent. She's 86 days old today.

IMG_028959.JPG

I now have Carnival curing, Carnival hanging to dry, one in the closet blooming, one in the tents, and tomorrow or later today I'll start the next clone. :blunt:

I knew someone had more than likely done something like that. I'm honing to look more into it for sure.

You've spoken so much about Critical Cure and I've been trying read through your journals when I can about it. I know for sure that when I feel like I like my confidence is really in the average grower stage, that's when I think I'll start playing with that strain. I want to have a few grows and more understanding of the souls and what it does first hand first .

I see my doc about getting off the meds next months. I haven't used it made the FHO yet. I want to try with my next harvest. I always have a little nervousness when it comes to edibles, I don't know why. Probably because of what just happened and because I've never had one and the ones I've had are weak so I never get any effect or so it seems.

As I get older I'm a lot more cautious of what I put n my body or at least what I mix with what I put in my body. I'd like to try other things or higher does but it worries me the effect it'll have on the medications I take now.

Depending on medications, yes it's good to look at the interactions.

SSRIs use elements of the endocannabinoid system, so cannabis can magnify (usually) or block the effects.
Analgesics and other medications also.

Very few medications are contraindicated, but if you are doing any opiods or dangerous drugs (most prescriptions) it's usually good to taper back on them per doctor recommendations on how to taper off.

Critical Cure is easy to grow. Everything I grow has to be easy. I get too easily distracted to grow finicky plants, though I do sometimes get adventurous. Lol! Don't bother trying to read through to learn about the strain. Come straight to me, or visit the Joy of CBD thread. All of my Critical Cures are covered there without all the rest of the crew. Easier to search. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Cannabis requires you to experiment at every stage. You'll find a dose that works now, and as you decrease the pharma meds you'll have to adjust again. Cannabis will effect each patient differently. Each new plant of a strain sometimes must be started like a new med to find the proper dose for that particular plant. Trichomes can be completely different in makeup from one area of the plant to the next, so one bud can have one effect and another from a different location on the plant can have an entirely different experience, or simply one with a different level of potency.

That's one of the reasons I'm so passionate about the FHO. Not only does it beautifully combine all of the healing components of the plant, but the body responds to it in what I call a cleaner way. There's a synergy going on with this oil that doesn't happen with infused oils made with line-dried buds. It's almost like the body recognizes the components better. Hard to describe, but everyone making and using it has had the same reaction and surprise at the increased potency.

CBD Critical Cure 2.1.1 will be harvested later this week. I felt compelled to check her trichomes and she's definately flushing to cloudy.

IMG_029349.JPG

IMG_029449.JPG

She's at day 136, 56 days into bloom, so she's right on schedule.

IMG_029254.JPG

I'm figuring take Ultra Dawg on Tuesday and CBD CC on Thursday. Candy Cane won't be far behind.

At this moment I have 22 different plants at one stage or another. The clone of Carnival 4.2 makes #22.

IMG_030261.JPG

IMG_030462.JPG

It's about time to think about starting a new journal, but I won't do that until the 3 oldest girls in the finish tent are down. I'm transitioning away from Doc's Kit, so the title is a bit misleading, don't you think? Possibly the beginning of September, or better yet, the day of my anniversary, which I believe is Sept. 12. That would be the start of my fourth year of growing.

B A R did a three year project to demonstrate his ability to learn from the community. I took the third year to demonstrate that I paid attention too. I'm pretty pleased with how the garden has progressed. I've had lots of help from generous friends and sponsors, and oodles of guidance and assistance from more of you than I can count. It's been a spectacular three years.

Let's go for many more. I'm having fun here, and I have no intention of slowing down or stopping. :slide:

Was good to see ya there Sue. I just started trimming some plants I had sealed up in turkey bags in gamma seal buckets last night. They were in for 2 months with fan leaves intact. On 8" lengths of branch.

The terps this way were the strongest I have ever smelled. Bluniverse was giving me a headache so I couldn't keep the whole plant out of the bag. I had to trim it in stages with most in the turkey bag.

One of the megafauna (#9) was the smell of lemon pledge when you wipe a wood table with it. It had the strong lemon smell with fuels added and a strong presence of wood rosin.

I took a hit and it blasted me to the stratosphere. This one is POTENT! Super energizing, heart beating faster, super motivation and tingly all over especially center of forehead and nose.

Auditory effects also. I heard those "crickets" I sometimes hear when super high.

And no anxiety whatsoever. A strain I put into the container that I thought smelled mediocre just turned into a forever keeper.

I stayed up till 3:30 am

Shiggity, how did you dry and cure this? Did you hang dry and then seal them up untrimmed? I'm interested in how you got the bold terpene expression.

Shiggity, how did you dry and cure this? Did you hang dry and then seal them up untrimmed? I'm interested in how you got the bold terpene expression.

Sue I washed with fan leaves still on and dried till stem snap. Then cut the plant into 8" sections with fan leaves still on. Put these sections into turkey bags with labels. Put turkey bags into gamma seal buckets. Burped for a day or so till stable snap then sealed 2 months. When I opened the buckets I got SMASHED in the face with terps. Like never before. Overwhelming and so concentrated if it was someone else's I would have been skeptical they weren't sprayed with terpenes.
420-magazine-mobile275684393.jpg

This is exactly it. I grow for me wife-y and sometimes she wants to be knocked out pain free, like when her back spasms. But mostly, just an easy buzz to take some light hits and relax on the phone with her sister.
I cannot have her stoned to bejeepers all the time well maybe she can handle it.
I search for her more the character of the high, than the more potent or length of time.
Still she has been recreational since the late 70s, so she likes a good buzz. . .And I like her to be able to function.

So for me after these last 3 years, You guys have convinced me a selection is most important.

CBD Critical Cure 2.1.1 will be harvested later this week. I felt compelled to check her trichomes and she's definately flushing to cloudy.

Nice close up:high-five::cheer:

Sue I washed with fan leaves still on and dried till stem snap. Then cut the plant into 8" sections with fan leaves still on. Put these sections into turkey bags with labels. Put turkey bags into gamma seal buckets. Burped for a day or so till stable snap then sealed 2 months. When I opened the buckets I got SMASHED in the face with terps. Like never before. Overwhelming and so concentrated if it was someone else's I would have been skeptical they weren't sprayed with terpenes.
420-magazine-mobile275684393.jpg

Wow! What a concept. I wonder what would happen if we did something similar with low and slo dried? If you had to guess, what humidity level do you think the plants had when you sealed them up?

This is exactly it. I grow for me wife-y and sometimes she wants to be knocked out pain free, like when her back spasms. But mostly, just an easy buzz to take some light hits and relax on the phone with her sister.
I cannot have her stoned to bejeepers all the time well maybe she can handle it.
I search for her more the character of the high, than the more potent or length of time.
Still she has been recreational since the late 70s, so she likes a good buzz. . .And I like her to be able to function.

So for me after these last 3 years, You guys have convinced me a selection is most important.

Nice close up:high-five::cheer:

I enjoy life stoned to beejeepers. :cheesygrinsmiley: I function quite well with an unbelievable buzz. It seems to speed me up. Lol!

Thank you for the compliment on the photo. B I G smile! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm enjoying the Talking Heads production Stop Making Sense, one of Dale's favorite pieces of music. This is the first time I've been able to play it since he hit the death spiral. Suddenly it was what I wanted filling the empty spaces in my home. Wasn't certain as to what my reaction would be, but I'm happy to report it's been nothing but pleasure. :slide:

Sure is nice to put most of grief behind me. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Back
Top Bottom