SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

IMG_040964.JPG

Tracking 22 plants takes a lot of paperwork. :laughtwo:

But oh, so worth it.

IMG_040363.JPG

IMG_040453.JPG

A celebration of Candy Cane 2

Day 99 found her out for a drink and feeding, so I checked her trichomes, and got a little carried away with the camera. Lol!

Let no one suggest that Osmocote Plus can't do the job at hand. :blunt:

IMG_036643.JPG

I cleaned her up the other day by removing all the burnt to a crisp fans.

IMG_036942.JPG

IMG_037041.JPG

IMG_037147.JPG

Nice and dense, just the way we want 'em. :slide:

IMG_037249.JPG

IMG_037939.JPG

IMG_038254.JPG

IMG_038358.JPG

IMG_03841.PNG

IMG_0386.PNG

Then the sun broke through the clouds and lit her up.

IMG_038759.JPG

IMG_038853.JPG

IMG_0392.PNG

IMG_039449.JPG

IMG_0395.PNG

IMG_039652.JPG

IMG_040152.JPG

Smells like candy and keeps getting thicker by the day. By my estimate we could still be looking at more than two weeks to the finish for her.

I don't know....... Looking more closely at those shots I see a great number of cloudy trichomes hiding among the clear. She might come down sooner.

Hiya Sue!!! Long time no see my friend. I've been MIA for quite some time but still following several journals. You are truly becoming a master cultivator! I also love the joy that you express so freely. You truly are an inspiration to many. One of these days I would like to grow half as good as you. You are getting better by the day. Hope this finds you and your daughter with ear to ear grins!! Big hugs friend. :volcano-smiley:

Whew, step out for just a minute...

Don't eat cannabis brownies and push a mower around for hours. If you do... eat more cannabis brownies afterwards.

IOW, I got some SLEEP Saturday night :thumbs: .

I placed six seeds into six cups to soak on Sunday. I just checked, and the five (oops) seeds in four of the cups have (not so) little rootlets! Now I just have to figure out how to plant them into the same cups they're currently soaking in, lol (and find an extra cup for the stowaway). All auto-flowering strains.

Soil mix or straight perlite? Hmm...

For a while, Dutch pharmacies only prescribed two strains of cannabis. Sensi Seeds' Jack Herer was one of them; I forget the other.

So that's why the lady was trying to figure out where to purchase the welders' goggles, lol. First solar eclipse in... 38 years? I missed it, but that's because I actually got to work, so... yeah, I'm happy (/tired/sore) ;) .

It has been known for a while that an extra hour (or two) of daylight helps. It's just a RPitA with traditional timers :rolleyes3 . They operate on a recurring 24-hour schedule, so if the grower wants, for example, 13 hours of daylight - but still 12 hours of darkness - per day, this presents a challenge. There are some timers that allow for custom schedules, though. And there's always the option of running one's lighting devices via something like a Raspberry Pi, an arduino setup, or other computer.

Man Shigs, thanks for stopping by to explain that a bit more for Sue and all of us.

Sue, I guess I haven't checked out the journal good enough as of late, but it looks like you are really coming into your own with growing! Those girls look much different from the pre-Jamaica girls I seem to remember. Yield is up I am guessing?

At least I keep telling myself that Sue. But in reality you never really get over something like that. I know that's not what people want to hear, but it's the truth. Still all these years after - I still think about my friend almost every single day and damn I miss that guy.

Suicide's a tough one to come to grips with if you don't understand our eternal nature. My daughter attempted a number of times before we found cannabis. It's the single thing I'm most thankful for with her regimen. Cannabis brings you back to the Now, free from the anguish of the past and the terror of tomorrow.

I'm glad you found your way back. This community carried me in loving arms and allowed me to pass through the scariest and most lonely moments without fear.

Fun fact:

My friend who killed himself was a grower. He never broke rule #1 in my list of how to not get caught. He never told anyone, not even me

Hiya Sue!!! Long time no see my friend. I've been MIA for quite some time but still following several journals. You are truly becoming a master cultivator! I also love the joy that you express so freely. You truly are an inspiration to many. One of these days I would like to grow half as good as you. You are getting better by the day. Hope this finds you and your daughter with ear to ear grins!! Big hugs friend. :volcano-smiley:

Scottay....... :hug::hug::hug: Missed you, my friend. Good to see you out and about, and thank you, kind sir. It's hard to curtail all this joy of life, so I don't try. :laughtwo: I'm so thankful so many of you find my bubbly joyfulness tolerable. I know we have members that run in the other direction. Lol!

Whew, step out for just a minute...

Don't eat cannabis brownies and push a mower around for hours. If you do... eat more cannabis brownies afterwards.

IOW, I got some SLEEP Saturday night :thumbs: .

I placed six seeds into six cups to soak on Sunday. I just checked, and the five (oops) seeds in four of the cups have (not so) little rootlets! Now I just have to figure out how to plant them into the same cups they're currently soaking in, lol (and find an extra cup for the stowaway). All auto-flowering strains.

Soil mix or straight perlite? Hmm...

For a while, Dutch pharmacies only prescribed two strains of cannabis. Sensi Seeds' Jack Herer was one of them; I forget the other.

So that's why the lady was trying to figure out where to purchase the welders' goggles, lol. First solar eclipse in... 38 years? I missed it, but that's because I actually got to work, so... yeah, I'm happy (/tired/sore) ;) .

It has been known for a while that an extra hour (or two) of daylight helps. It's just a RPitA with traditional timers :rolleyes3 . They operate on a recurring 24-hour schedule, so if the grower wants, for example, 13 hours of daylight - but still 12 hours of darkness - per day, this presents a challenge. There are some timers that allow for custom schedules, though. And there's always the option of running one's lighting devices via something like a Raspberry Pi, an arduino setup, or other computer.

There you are TS..... :hug::hug::hug: Hearing that you got some sleep made my day. :kisstwo:

Man Shigs, thanks for stopping by to explain that a bit more for Sue and all of us.

Sue, I guess I haven't checked out the journal good enough as of late, but it looks like you are really coming into your own with growing! Those girls look much different from the pre-Jamaica girls I seem to remember. Yield is up I am guessing?

Why thank you Juan. :hug: Improved lighting, hempy, and RX Green Solutions nutrient have changed my entire approach. All of those changes have combined to help me evolve into the cultivator I am. I'm very happy with how things are going, and I'm looking forward to being straight hempy for at least a year.

When are you going to try at least one hempy Juan? :battingeyelashes:

At least I keep telling myself that Sue. But in reality you never really get over something like that. I know that's not what people want to hear, but it's the truth. Still all these years after - I still think about my friend almost every single day and damn I miss that guy.

I believe it DeVille. Grief can sneak up out of the blue, can't it? I'll be going along for weeks with no disruption to the jouful mode and WHAM! Slammed into tears for no apparent reason other than I turned and saw his favorite whatever.

It comes down to deliberate choice in my mind. I know I'm going to have those moments and so I prepare for them, because in my world I'm trying to make equanimity be the emotional tone, and grief doesn't fit that bill. So I have a mental bag of happier thoughts that I turn to. I don't mind reaction, but I have a difficult time personally with mulling it over. Instead I find a memory that was us rolling on the floor with laughter and replay that until I'm at least chuckling.

If they weren't so important to us it wouldn't hurt so deeply to be forced to live life without them. The grief is a testimony to their value in our hearts. I aggressively embraced grief, practicing non-resistance for a time, letting it wash over me. I wanted so desperately to avoid the process altogether, a mindset that didn't work well for me. You have to go through it. It's just one of those things. In the end it's made me more excited about what's beyond this realm and also made me appreciate the beauty of daily life all the more.

I surround myself with love. I live here, on these digital streets. This is a very loving community, a fact I'm sure you agree on. :hug:
Fun fact:

My friend who killed himself was a grower. He never broke rule #1 in my list of how to not get caught. He never told anyone, not even me

I'm impressed. I try to keep mine secret. Honestly, I try. :battingeyelashes:

HARVEST: Ultra Dog (Day 109, flip + 41)

Only 41 days in bloom. :slide: Finishing up under 11/13 is a good idea. Time to retire another flow sheet.

IMG_042847.JPG

Im considering drying and curing this one the way Shiggity described, so I didn't want to cut the branches down. Instead of buckets I filled the sink with tepid water, added peroxide and washed the plant there. Then I simply rinsed off with the hose and a gentle stream.

IMG_041453.JPG

IMG_041554.JPG

IMG_041653.JPG

IMG_041856.JPG

IMG_042049.JPG

IMG_042254.JPG

IMG_042456.JPG

IMG_042643.JPG

IMG_042742.JPG

She'll hang there until I get home this evening. I'm going to help a friend pack up the house she just sold. :woohoo: Haha, funny story about that.

My friend agonizes over these things, and I've been schooling her in how to sell a house using cosmic forces. Last weekend she put the house on the market, at long last, and went away for the weekend. Before she left town we went walking and discussed the process. I've been advising her to grab for the satisfied feeling of dropping those keys into the hand of the new buyer. In our conversation I told her to expect the house to sell over the weekend, the first weekend it was officially on the market, and to anticipate a selling price above what she and the realtor had agreed on.

She laughed, but played the game with me as we walked. Then she went off with the family and tried her best to not think about it. When she came home she got a call from the agent. The house sold to the first couple that viewed it, and they offered $6,000 above the asking price, to jump to the front of any line that might be in place.

She's one happy girl right now, and I'm going to help her sort through the stuff we accumulate and lighten her load. I love doing this type of work, so we have a long and joyful day ahead of us. I won't be around much, as you can imagine, so let me take this moment to encourage you to allow your heart's desire to make itself known and present in your life today. It's as easy as staying grateful and happy in the face of anything you come across in the course of your day. Before you know it, that thing you dreamed of has come to be, and you weren't even trying.

Cosmic laws dont work for you or against you, they just work. It's your job to figure out how to allow them to work for you. Be bold and dream big. Be joyful and watch the universe inspire you to action that makes those dreams come true. Live large. This is the only chance we get, so I'm gonna make the best of every blessed minute, and I'm hoping you'll do the same.

Breakfast woman!!!

Congrats on the harvest Sue!!! I bet your house smells soooo delicious with those fresh flowers hangin about!! Where's the smellovision!!??? Happy Tuesday!! :volcano-smiley:

Thanks for the love Brix. :hug::hug::hug:

That's a question many of us have and the best info I've come across suggests you check with the breeder, because they'll have tested theirs and will have the best idea about harvest windows to optimize cannabinoid profiles. I'd contact the breeder directly, if at all possible.

This link is to a book published by GW Pharmaceuticals on Cannabis Sativa. The part that interests us here begins on page 130.

The Propagation, Characterization and Optimization of Cannabis Sativa L as a Phytopharmaceutical .

I've captured pages 130, which was the most relevant to our discussion, and the beginning of the author's discussion on effective lighting schedules.

IMG_0257.PNG

This book is well worth a perusal. [/QUOTE]

Way back when I was still growing in the back of a closet, I tried putting plants in darkness for 28 to 48 hours. Then, I would go with about 10 hours until the flowers were showing and jump to 12. Near the end I would start increasing the daylight time.

I only tried this a few times but I think it reduced the overall time it took for flowers to show. As far as the extended daylight near the end, it may have extended the flowering time some and built better buds. That was my impression anyway.

Hearing that you got some sleep made my day. :kisstwo:

The entire weekend was... pleasant ;) . Oh, and R. just stopped in for dessert and his birthday card. We all loved them, there. Thanks from everyone.

And I'm really chuffed over the seeds I placed into water cracking and extending rootlets so quickly. That was technically part of the weekend, too (when I dropped them), so... yes, a good weekend all around.

Called Mom on the way to work this morning and learned that her sister passed yesterday. Ya have to take the bad along with the good, I suppose. Down to three of them (out of 12 or 14). Oh, and I believe Mom's great aunt is still kicking - that one got smart and moved to Australia around 60 years ago, lol, so she might outlive us all. Or... IDK. Haven't heard from/about her for maybe two years, now that I think about it. Hmm...

When she came home she got a call from the agent. The house sold to the first couple that viewed it, and they offered $6,000 above the asking price, to jump to the front of any line that might be in place.

That happens from time to time (if the seller is lucky ;) ). People might think the property has been listed below market value in order to start a bidding war. Or comps for similar properties in the neighborhood may be high. Or the buyer's lease is up (or they're actually living out of a motel :rolleyes3 ) .

Called Mom on the way to work this morning and learned that her sister passed yesterday. Ya have to take the bad along with the good, I suppose. Down to three of them (out of 12 or 14). Oh, and I believe Mom's great aunt is still kicking - that one got smart and moved to Australia around 60 years ago, lol, so she might outlive us all. Or... IDK. Haven't heard from/about her for maybe two years, now that I think about it. Hmm....
Sincere condolences .. Here's the only virtual hug I could give you :hug: ... An hour ago my mom in law called that my husbands grandma passed away, still a bit in shock, she was 89 though.. was getting ready to leave for her in the morning, guess she didn't wanna see us one last time :laughtwo:
I took a painkiller (bad) and ripped a top off my pretty Tangie auto (bad) that still has a month to go.. well my headache told me to, so I talked it out with Tangie and she understood :love:

Here the prices on houses have started to get up to ridiculous highs again.. can't be a good sign since last time we barely made it through the economic crisis, hope that we learned something from last time, but feels like nope.

Sue that lady you cut smells delicious, lemme tell you I can lick my screen and I tasted it :rofl:

:circle-of-love: We need some love today!! And no haven't had that bud yet, even if I may type like I have :laughtwo:

I heard that one could be pretty decent. IDK if it was the auto-flowering version or not.

She's looking perfect, small build but really big buds for a month to go. Expected a more sativa dominant but it surprised me so far. Buds tasted great for throwing them in the microwave. Very easy strain so far, almost no nutes needed, didn't even get to feed her at full strength yet. Really potent, can't wait to see how she will be like cured.
:circle-of-love:

Why thank you Juan. :hug: Improved lighting, hempy, and RX Green Solutions nutrient have changed my entire approach. All of those changes have combined to help me evolve into the cultivator I am. I'm very happy with how things are going, and I'm looking forward to being straight hempy for at least a year.

When are you going to try at least one hempy Juan? :battingeyelashes:

Let's just say I have experimented with the hempy setup by a friend and it was a disaster. I didn't pH the water, think that was my downfall.

Let's just say I have experimented with the hempy setup by a friend and it was a disaster. I didn't pH the water, think that was my downfall.

I tried the hempy, too, but I could not wrap my old soil-grower mind around the feeding schedule, and my plants were 1/3 smaller than soil grow. You don't have to PH in soil.

Back
Top Bottom