SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

IMG_040964.JPG

Tracking 22 plants takes a lot of paperwork. :laughtwo:

But oh, so worth it.

IMG_040363.JPG

IMG_040453.JPG

I know this post was ages ago in your garden, but I'm loving your note system. I've been thinking my system isn't letting me record enough details and the page per plant is good. I think I'm going to start going that route. Awesome practices!

I know this post was ages ago in your garden, but I'm loving your note system. I've been thinking my system isn't letting me record enough details and the page per plant is good. I think I'm going to start going that route. Awesome practices!

I'm still working out other kinks, like soil management and water needs. I started trying to track water needs this week. It's a raw work in progress.

IMG_074950.JPG

Every time I water a plant I cross out that date and replace it with the next projected date, and sometimes what drench is coming up.

Grow a tent full of the same plant started together and it's easy to determine how much water you'll need to have on hand. grow a bunch in a perpetual in different mediums and it becomes a balancing act. One my distiller is having a hard time keeping up with. It's become necessary to occasionally truck some in by foot from the local store. It helps to have a general idea ahead of time if I need to make a water run.

Soil management is a bit more challenging. All this designation of "first run, second run, third run......" It wearies my mind and I keep getting confused. In a perpetual garden it gets hairy remembering who got what soil and how old that soil is. Eek!

I'm still working out other kinks, like soil management and water needs. I started trying to track water needs this week. It's a raw work in progress.

IMG_074950.JPG

Every time I water a plant I cross out that date and replace it with the next projected date, and sometimes what drench is coming up.

Grow a tent full of the same plant started together and it's easy to determine how much water you'll need to have on hand. grow a bunch in a perpetual in different mediums and it becomes a balancing act. One my distiller is having a hard time keeping up with. It's become necessary to occasionally truck some in by foot from the local store. It helps to have a general idea ahead of time if I need to make a water run.

Soil management is a bit more challenging. All this designation of "first run, second run, third run......" It wearies my mind and I keep getting confused. In a perpetual garden it gets hairy remembering who got what soil and how old that soil is. Eek!
Yea, I'm doing better with the soil management, but it's still sketchy. I'm lucky right now as I have an over abundance of water from my dehumidifier. It'll gather 2 gallons a day easy. Some days I can get that much in two hours. Winter time hopefully I'll have an ro system in so I don't have to worry about inundating my kit soil with very iron heavy well water like I did last winter.

Harvest: CBD Critical Cure 2.1.1 (Day 143, flip + 63)

I grow more fond of the strain with every harvest. :cheesygrinsmiley: She was an easy grow, and held her own in a crowded field. This specimen was a beauty. :blunt:

IMG_049838.JPG

IMG_050239.JPG

Weighing in at 466 grams freshly cut, she was destined to become a series of experiments in drying and curing.

IMG_068251.JPG

She cleaned up nice. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_067554.JPG

IMG_068446.JPG

After a short drip-dry one branch was hung in the hallway with Ultra Dawg, a plant destined for a two-month stay in total darkness. Today's harvested branch will join her in about a week.

IMG_070154.JPG

49 grams went into the fridge to dry low and slo.

IMG_070560.JPG

Most of the harvest, all of 212 grams wet, went to the dehydrator for an experimental run of flash drying.

IMG_070951.JPG

It'll run until Tuesday afternoon before I check it.

IMG_071348.JPG

100 grams went into the stock pot to make a batch of FHO.

IMG_071756.JPG

I wasn't interested in getting every drop out of the mash, since I'll be eating the mash a little bit every day, so I'm happy with the 50 ml I got back from the 125 ml I started with. I slurped up a significant amount of droppings. Lol! I'll eat the rest of what was left behind in the mash. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_074858.JPG

A joy to grow and to share with all of you. That sharing gives all of what we do a special edge. You inspire me to do better. :hug:

It was a long day and I'm beat. Think I'll call it a day and slip into bed early tonight. Well....I still have a couple more posts to get done.......I bet they can wait until tomorrow. Maybe a couple hits of Ultra Dawg to do me in for the night. :slide:

It won't be long then. Lol! Goodnight all. :love:

IMG_070057.JPG

Interesting stuff with the dehydrator Sue. Interested to see how that one turns out for you. I tried your low and slow (I think I got it right) but my fridges humidity seems to fluctuate quite a bit, so I don't think I will continue down that path. You have the lids on the mason jars or just the rings?

Sue

what made you abandon the lemon baking soda wash and switch to peroxide?

I was watching Pigeons 420 one day and he got to talking about a comment left on his budwashing video that suggested we were fooling ourselves if we thought the lemon juice and baking soda were doing any real good other than knocking off big chunks of dirt and leaving a lemony smell. The lemon juice had always concerned me, so this caught my ear.

His contention was that peroxide was what you wanted if, in fact, you were trying to clean the buds of microscopic particulars. I don't know about you, but this was my intention all along. :laughtwo:

I tracked the post and read it myself, finding it relevant enough to have discussion on. So I brought it back. An intelligent rebuttal to budwashing. I decided the argument made sense and changed my methods.

Interesting stuff with the dehydrator Sue. Interested to see how that one turns out for you. I tried your low and slow (I think I got it right) but my fridges humidity seems to fluctuate quite a bit, so I don't think I will continue down that path. You have the lids on the mason jars or just the rings?

Just the rings, and it's mostly for aesthetics. Lol! I load them light so there's more surface area.

Have you you tried the fridge with paper bags? That might overcome your humidity issues. Try bags with small bundles of rice in them or bowls of rice in the fridge. It's worth the effort Brix. You'll find out why when you taste the first successfully dried buds. It's a world of difference.

We'll be following the dehydrator more closely on the low and slo thread. Everything shows up here though. This is SweetSue Central. :laughtwo:

IMG_075046.JPG

Bedtime meds. I jarred up the tiny bit of Ultra Dawg I'd dried in the fridge. It was only three grams, but I've been hitting the jar for a couple days. Lol!

I kept one out for tonight. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_075248.JPG

Smells delicious. :slide:

One week after she was hung Ultra Dawg is snap-dry. Time to get her stored.

IMG_075346.JPG

All the branches got removed from the stem.

IMG_075453.JPG

I tossed a Boveda into the bag to stabilize humidity.

IMG_075553.JPG

Gently but securely wrapped, not so tight as to break any trichomes.

IMG_075646.JPG

Dropped into the bottom of the bucket....

IMG_075751.JPG

.....which was dropped into a heavy-duty trash bag to cut the light coming in through the white walls of the bucket.

IMG_075955.JPG

Set off to the side where it won't be bothered. I'll check in a couple days for any signs of mold, and next week the branch from yesterday's harvest will join her.

IMG_076547.JPG

I saved out a small branch for my wake 'n bake. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_076253.JPG

IMG_0764.PNG

IMG_076159.JPG

Yeah......if that doesn't make you smile you're browsing the wrong forum. :laughtwo: I'm off to a joyful start with my day. How about you? It's worth the effort to make joy a deliberate choice. It makes your life somewhat magical, or it has that effect in my life, so I have to assume it'll do the same in yours.

So get out there and spread some of that joy I know you're feeling with the rest of your world. No reason to keep it all to yourself, is there? :battingeyelashes: :love:

I'm looking forward to it myself Shiggity. :cheesygrinsmiley: The Ultra Dawg is a wonderful buzz that I'm exploring again today. It fascinates me how she's a motivator during the day and knocks me flat by 1 AM. By 10:30 I'm feeling my eyes get heavy, and I push it to 1. :laughtwo: It's almost like it reacts to the time of day. Weird, huh?

Flipped Thin Mint GSC today. She's 46 days old but only 28 of that as a potted clone with roots. She's just too big to contain any more. I'm going to let her stretch and bloom. No clone from her. I have more seeds, and little room for another regular.

IMG_076641.JPG

She's the girl in the back, left corner today.

IMG_076747.JPG

Candy Cane 2 may be ready to take this week, so someone else can be moved into her spot.

IMG_076845.JPG

The veg shelf got rearranged, mostly to give Malawi more room. It's time to get ready to upcan her.

IMG_076952.JPG

IMG_077045.JPG

She's not root bound yet, so maybe I can hold her off a couple more weeks. She's going to be flipped on the day I upcan her. She's not screaming for more real estate yet. I'm thinking of putting her directly into the finish tent.

IMG_077461.JPG

She's starting to get busy.

IMG_077244.JPG

I'm out the door for a walk in this beautiful late summer weather. I have some gardening challenges to think about. Like how to contain Malawi. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Long day girl but very productive!!! You know Im not all that far away from you. I really should talk my wifey into drivin to your neighborhood sometime in the near future just so I can hug you!!! :thumb: You are one hella good grower!!! :volcano-smiley:

Anytime Scottay. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Cloudy with a forecast of Harvest :yahoo:

Candy Cane's turning, at long last. I decided to flush her and drop her into total darkness for the next few days, and harvest her bright and early Thursday morning. :slide:

IMG_079650.JPG

IMG_077756.JPG

IMG_077853.JPG

IMG_078358.JPG

IMG_079349.JPG

A frosty little darling. The daughter couldn't be happier. By Friday we'll have Candy Cane brownies again. :yahoo:

IMG_079847.JPG

IMG_079952.JPG

IMG_080148.JPG

IMG_080242.JPG

Into the closet and closed up tight until Thursday.

IMG_080351.JPG

I like this schedule of about three harvests a month. A girl could get used to this.

I'll have the opportunity to get stores built up. The BIL is back in the hospital. He had a stroke, or better noted, a series of strokes a few weeks back that he chose to ignore until it had damaged enough of his brain cells that he's confused and he can't care for himself, and we found him emaciated and dangerously dehydrated. He's been admitted to the hospital with the goal of placing him in rehabilitation until he can return home safely.

That means if I'm supplying him anything it'll be the CBD Critical Cure capsules, meaning I'll have the chance to get a decent stock of Carnival in the jars before he's back home.

The entire experience with the stroke is unnerving to me. I get serious PTSD response to the thought that I'd be responsible for his care, and I know I can't do that. He has no one who cares enough for him to do more than see that he gets care. As much as I care, our history is a series of abusive situations that I brushed aside to see that he was at least close enough to help in a time like this, and I proceed with caution. It's a sad situation I know has little chance of ever playing out in my own life, but it sure gives you pause and makes you look at the way you treat the people that love you.

He's in an excellent facility for the night and they'll get him better care. That's the best I can hope for, and I'm thankful for that.

Hug your loved ones, and be thankful someone loves you enough to be there to hug. :circle-of-love:

Sue, sweet, peace to you.:circle-of-love:

It's hard to get those shots with an iPhone keltic. :laughtwo: It usually takes me 10-15 shots to get one good one, and the whole time I'm bargaining with cosmic forces. :laughtwo:

If he was severely dehydrated, fixing that might help with the confusion.

So wound up over the BIL that even UD couldn't knock me out. I just finished watering everyone that got overlooked today. Maybe I can fall asleep now.

A treat before bed. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_080554.JPG

IMG_0806.PNG

IMG_0808.PNG

IMG_0809.PNG

Goodnight :love:

Virtual hugs Sue. :)

Why thank you wildflowerbudd. :hug::hug::hug:

I'm a big fan of virtual hugs. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good morning everyone :love:

Didn't get to bed until 4:30 AM, but at least I got four hours straight before the baby blues popped open to get another day off to a running start.

TS, the rehydration did eleviate a little of the confusion, but his memory cells are getting all confused between now and previous years. He's lived here for eight years and he no longer associates his apartment as home, and he doesn't know where "home" is anymore.

People tend to think a stroke will kill them. Unfortunately, that's not the most common response to the event. He had four that they know of during that week he insisted nothing was wrong and refused to seek medical help. I kept him pumped full of cannabinoids, high in CBD, during that week, doing all I could to mitigate the damage. Apparently it wasn't enough to keep him all there.

Hopefully he'll make close to a full recovery, like my brother did.

The daughter took him to get medical care yesterday, the finish to a crazy-ass day that started with a clogged and overflowing toilet, followed quickly by a run-in with the landlord. When I realized we had a concern with her uncle I was tempted to call and say "I found the third catastrophe in your day!" but I tamped that dark humor down. :laughtwo:

Her response to her "Horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day" was to keep the vape pen on hand. Lol! She's still amazed at the control she can attain between the regular capsule regimen and her augmentation with the concentrates. Cannabis has truly been a lifesaver for her. It may have been what saved my BIL from worse damage.

It was sobering to me to learn I get a nearly uncontrollable panic response from the thought that I'd need to take care of him. Evidentially the twenty years spent running ahead of death with his brother left a deep scar on my psyche that I have a bit of healing to do. I won't be the one caring for him, but it shook me to have such a visceral reaction to even the thought.

I better get past that. The next man I outlive will likely send me down that same path at the end, and I'd like to express a tad more equanimity than I had with Dale's passing. I hear the siren of an ambulance and i wince. Still too fresh to face. I guess two years wasn't quite long enough. :straightface:

Good thing I know I have about thirty more years to play then, isn't it? There'll come a day when all this drama is fondly remembered ancient history. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have some plants to tend to. Most of the watering was done at 2:30-3 in the morning. Lol! On with the joyful journey. :slide: I'll leave you with a shot of the closet jungle. DC is a full 6' from the floor.

IMG_081248.JPG

I'll catch up later guys. In the meantime you know the drill. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Joy. Feel it. Share it. Expand it. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Back
Top Bottom