SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

WP_20180105_19_03_27_Pro_LI_1_.jpg

View image in gallery

DId it work??
Hope u don't mind me posting some buddage :)

IMG_75713.JPG

Time to get the show started. :battingeyelashes:

Weekly Update: Clone Cuttings and Veg Shelf - Friday, January 5, 2018

IMG_753212.JPG

IMG_75339.JPG

While I was trimming up the Jamaican the other night I tossed the cuttings into another cup. Why not? The cup on the left is all Jamaican, the one on the right is a mix of DC, Jamaican, and Chem Dawg. I'll pick and choose as I'm inspired. If I'm going to keep this practice up it'd be a good idea to tag them some way. I'll tend to that later today.

IMG_75349.JPG

Candy Cane 4 (Day 9) Still not light enough to consider watering. She's happily growing roots.

IMG_75358.JPG

Red Diesel (Day 56) Today was her first Transplant drench, mixed double-strength at 2 ml per gallon of soil with an accompanying 0.2 ml of Tea. She looks ragged today because I let them dry out completely before I offered a drink.
IMG_753710.JPG

Live been clipping her back and bending her upper branches in an attempt to get the rest of the tops to catch up. I may clip once more, but that'll be it. I figure another month and she'll be ready to flip.

IMG_75389.JPG

IMG_75398.JPG

Devil's Carnival 1.4 (Day 5). This is J's specimen. She's up under the light at a distance that's comfortable with me.

IMG_754013.JPG

CBD Critical Cure 3 (Day 33) Another couple weeks and she'll be ready to upcan. This is a fairly drough-resistant plant, and they tend to go a long way between drenches. In a day or two she'll be ready for the next one, which according to my records, will be an Energy.

IMG_754111.JPG

IMG_754216.JPG

My foliar applications have been less than on schedule. We'll leave it at that. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_754310.JPG

Devil's Carnival 1.3 (Day 36) She's 12 days from her last drench and not looking like she's even beginning to be thirsty. I seem to grow a lot of drought p-resistant plants in soil, don't I? :laughtwo:

IMG_754513.JPG

I adore her profile. She's quite the beauty in person. Small yet, but mighty.

IMG_754612.JPG

IMG_754810.JPG

Carnival 4.6 (Day 54) She was the reciepient of the Transplant drench mixed for the Red Diesel. It's not often I have two soil plants on the same schedule. Makes it much easier. She dried up more than the Red Diesel, which is why she looks so tired. This was directly after her drench, so expect her to respond dramatically.

IMG_754911.JPG

The new growth is really starting to take off. There are four branches coming out.

IMG_755111.JPG

The older tips are holding well. I've kept them tied down as low as possible without splitting the main stalk.

IMG_755211.JPG

I was waiting for her to wilt, but it never happened. Yep, another drought-resistant one. Lol!

IMG_75546.JPG

Every day they get shifted. The last one on the left gets moved to the far right and everyone moves down a slot. This'll work until I upcan someone and have to change the shelving.

IMG_75579.JPG

On to the blooming girls. :ciao:

Weekly Update: Girls in Bloom - Friday, January 5, 2018

The hempy girls are all fed with RX Green Solutions nutrients. Each gallon of water has 2 teaspoons of CaliMagic added to it.

Let's start on the far left and work our way across the room, shall we?

CBD Critical Cure 2.7 (Day 87, flip + 27) In her fourth week of bloom, she drinks 16 ml of Parts A & B and 8 ml of Bulk per gallon of water. I wasn't expecting her to get this big in such a small pot.

IMG_75056.JPG

IMG_75069.JPG

She displays the glossiest leaves! I'm really surprised by how she started thriving when I shifted her to this light.
IMG_75078.JPG

IMG_75083.JPG

Looking at her from the side she looks comparable to her mother, who was in three gallons or more perlite. Amazing! She takes just over a quart of water each feeding. To get this size out of that small amount of nutrients is impressive. You can see she's not being shy about the blossoms. :cheesygrinsmiley:.

IMG_750910.JPG

Next door we have Devil's Carnival 1.2 (Day 107, flip + 42) I started flushing her on New Year's Eve, repeating it every two days. Today I upped it to every day. She's close to the end now, and sending out nanners in a panic of self-preservation.

Oh, what a beauty she's grown into, eh?

IMG_74977.JPG

Most of the hairs are turned and pulled back.

IMG_74988.JPG

Lower buds are still actively blooming. Another couple days and they'll be done too.

IMG_755810.JPG

IMG_74995.JPG

IMG_750010.JPG

IMG_75015.JPG

Did you spot that one?

IMG_75026.JPG

IMG_7504.PNG

Quite the striking specimen. I don't know if I'll have time to let any seeds develop. I've a hankering to plant me some Dark Devil Auto that won't be denied for much longer. When this girl and her neighbor come down the closet opens up and I get to have my wish. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_75167.JPG

Her neighbor may be closer to harvest.

Carnival 4.4 (Day 142, flip + 64) Her flush started yesterday. She has some amber beginning to pop up. No need for much of that. Lol!

IMG_75107.JPG

This was right before I turned the humidifier on. The tent's been staying around 35-40% RH. Pushing it a little this close to harvest, hoping to influence terpene expression. Just a theory.

IMG_75176.JPG

Next girl in hempy I stop at a lower nutrient level. I'd like to grow one without the burnt tips and leaf edges. It'll take a few more rounds to get it figured out. With produce like this when I push it I wonder why I worry about it. That center cola is a beast!

IMG_75114.JPG

IMG_75127.JPG

I think the light has something to do with the glossy leaves.

IMG_75136.JPG

Yeah......... Can't wait to get this one dried and cured. Yum!!!

IMG_751410.JPG

I couldn't wait any longer. Our latest addition to flowering, Jamaican 1.1 (Day 76).

IMG_75187.JPG

IMG_75199.JPG

She had a TransWater drench today, a good, deep one. The next drench won't come until she starts to wilt, then we shift into flowering watering, never letting her dry completely out, and limiting the drench amounts to 3/4 gallon. She was really thirsty when I took these pictures, right before the drench.

IMG_75207.JPG

IMG_75219.JPG

Time to make the shift. She was practically begging to go into flower.

IMG_752212.JPG

Here she is about two hours after the drench. A happy girl. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_75596.JPG

IMG_75627.JPG

IMG_75616.JPG

On to the tiny closet.

IMG_752312.JPG

Devil's Carnival 1.5 (Day 4) She started out on nutes at 1/8 strength. Next watering that'll be bumped up to 1/4. I bump them up pretty quick with this nutrient line with no adverse effects so far. Just growing roots. She's lifted up much higher. I may shift her back under the quantum boards and just sit her in the closet at night, until I have another home for her.

IMG_75247.JPG

Chem Dawg (Day 67, flip + 20) In her third week of flowering she getting 14 ml of Parts A & B with 8 ml of Bulk per gallon of water.

IMG_75256.JPG

:oops: I didn't notice how much she's stretched. Lol!

IMG_75266.JPG

That's better. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_75276.JPG

Malawi 1.2 (Day 67, flip + 11) She's still on entry-level nutes, 14 ml of Parts A & B with 1 ml of Energy per gallon of water. I love what this girl is doing. I have no idea yet what I can do to contain her. I'll wait until I have a tent to shift her into. She'll be the first one to be moved.

IMG_75287.JPG

Looking wild and rascally. Lol!

IMG_75295.JPG

I'll have to get seeds and try with this chemovar again. I like this style of plant.

IMG_75309.JPG

IMG_75314.JPG

And that, ladies and gentlemen, concludes today's nickle tour. I hope they brought a measure of joy to your already joyful day. I'm pleased to be able to show them off to knowledgable cultivator's of our favorite plant. Now I'm gonna go find something to eat, at long last. :battingeyelashes:

I'll be seeing you around the yards. :Namaste:

SweetSue's BioBomb Brownies: Updated Version

I've drastically changed the way I make my brownie oils since purchasing the Instant Pot, so I thought it was time to update the oil recipe.

I start with 8 grams of good bud. No decarb necessary. The pressure cooker will both decarb and infuse.

This is particular mix is two different versions of Devil's Carnival with 2 grams of Thin Mint GSC.

IMG_746615.JPG

After grinding I pick out all the larger stem pieces and make certain everything is busted up nice and small. I won't be straining it out so I want the plant material small enough to not be distinguishable by texture from the rest of the brownie.

IMG_74837.JPG

IMG_74856.JPG

I do a pot-in-pot arrangement in the Instant Pot. The ground bud is mixed with 1/2 cup of coconut oil. I prefer the unrefined. I think it enhances the brownie flavors.

IMG_74867.JPG

IMG_74885.JPG

A domed aluminum foil top is lightly placed on the bowl to keep condensation from dripping into the oil.

IMG_74896.JPG

I cook on high pressure for 110 minutes (1 hr and 50 minutes). I've checked with a hot oil bath and this gets the bud decarbed enough to be nearly fully converted by the time the brownies are cooked.

IMG_74906.JPG

I let the pressure cooker release the pressure over time, on its own. Typically I start at night when I'm on my way to bed and let it do its thing while I sleep. In the morning I pop it open and pull out the bowl.

IMG_74914.JPG

This is why there's a dome on the bowl.

IMG_74931.JPG

At this point I add a tablespoon of lecithin, although I never really measure anymore.

IMG_74947.JPG

If I'm using olive oil, the bowl of oil goes into the fridge for between 6 and 24 hours to allow the lecithin time to emulsify the oil and cannabinoids. If this were a medicinal brownie I might consider EVO to avoid the first-pass of the liver. Olive oil is absorbed first into the lymphatic system, and as such is more valuable for many medicinal applications. For recreational I use coconut oil. It goes straight to the liver and is converted to 11-hydroxy THC, always more psychoactive than delta-9 THC and longer lasting.

IMG_74955.JPG

Coconut oil doesn't really need to be refrigerated. It'll go solid at room temps below 76 degrees F, so I just set it out on the counter until it goes solid.

IMG_749611.JPG

IMG_75638.JPG

Then I set it into a hot water bath until it goes liquid again. I might repeat this a few times, if I'm busy. The more often I do this the more dispersed the cannabinoids are. With rec brownies I'm not all that concerned.

IMG_75649.JPG

IMG_75688.JPG

Generally I put it through one cycle of liquid to solid and back to liquid, then I set it to the side and get my brownie ingredients out.

IMG_75696.JPG

I'm partial to the Duncan Heinz Milk Chocolate or Fudge brownie mixes, but use whatever mix makes you happy.

I cut them into 16 pieces and have two a day, most days, one for breakfast and one later in the afternoon. This batch will be ready to cut in a few minutes and I'll be making an exception for a late evening dose. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_757212.JPG

8 grams of bud
1/2 cup coconut oil

Instant Pot or pressure cooker available. You want temps at around 230-240, so check your manuals.

* grind bud and remove larger stem material
* mix oil and bud in small bowl, cover, and place in Instant Pot
* cook for 110 minutes on high pressure
* let cool down naturally
* add 1 tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin
* let go solid, bring back to liquid form
* Make brownies following the recipe on the box, using the brownie oil as the oil portion. Use all of this oil, regardless of what the recipe calls for. Some call for 1/3 cup. Use the 1/2 cup and don't worry about it. It'll work.

Thanks for the recipe, I’m breaking out the MB2 tomorrow.

My pleasure. The liquid sunflower lecithin is the secret ingredient that makes them hit faster.

IMG_757310.JPG

Sue, I made my first batch of brownies the other day following as much of your advice as I could remember. I have the Magical Butter Machine, and used the 8 hour setting. They came out pretty nice and I think strong! My GF made some nice tins with bows and stuff to give to the guys at work. Turns out the two regular smokers are vegan so they had to give theirs to the third novice smoker. I hope it works out well for him. .

Thanks Sue for the inspiration! I think I've had a years worth of sugar in just the first week of the year. Everything happens for a reason, it hasn't really been a good couple days but the brownies really helped me make it through.

Sue, I made my first batch of brownies the other day following as much of your advice as I could remember. I have the Magical Butter Machine, and used the 8 hour setting. They came out pretty nice and I think strong! My GF made some nice tins with bows and stuff to give to the guys at work. Turns out the two regular smokers are vegan so they had to give theirs to the third novice smoker. I hope it works out well for him. .

Thanks Sue for the inspiration! I think I’ve had a years worth of sugar in just the first week of the year. Everything happens for a reason, it hasn’t really been a good couple days but the brownies really helped me make it through.

If I could find a way to make them without sugar I'd be all over it. I'm glad they've helped. I'm sorry to hear the New Year started off less than stellar, but things always work out, and the more chill you can stay the easier it is to see the opportunity open up in front of you. Brownies can be very helpful in awaiting inspiration. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It gets better. I promise you. :hug::hug::hug:

Back
Top Bottom