SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

Hempy pots in a perlite medium are not microbial growth zones. The medium is rock basically and the regular nutrient flushes put the kibosh on most real growth, but that's really the goal of the technique. We don't want any growth down in that medium other than roots.
Dirt is the place for all those thoughts really. Hempy pots are a hydro technique and mixing the two rarely goes well.

Now.... as for the coco... perhaps less flushing could allow some growth down there. The coco seems to retain moisture more. I could see a culture developing.... tho previously I always considered coco to be just another neutral medium.

2cents

Coco is actually an excellent breeding ground for helpful microbes. It might be a way to bring an organic approach to hempy, but then the flushing serves a necessary function.

I haven’t watched any hempy with coco grows, to be honest. It tempts me though. Lol!

I haven’t watched any hempy with coco grows, to be honest. It tempts me though.

Hi Good 420Mag Folks!

I missed 420 cannabis yesterday, a traveling requirement. Could have used a joint last night!
I made it to L.A.! ... lower alabama

Running the risk of sounding like a know-it-all ... I'm really not. :laugh:

I'm using a phone so if my typing is poor, my apologies.

I've used several mediums in a passive hydro pot, and ran coco-coir hempy pots for about 6 cycles. It does work well, although it is a little less forgiving than perlite. IMHO nothing surpasses coarse perlite for passive hydro.

I tend to be an over-waterer, a hard habit to break, and coco-coir does hold much more moisture, especially as the roots develop. Subsequent reuse during ensuing cycles broke down the fibrous medium to almost powder, so long term re-usability is questionable. A bubbler in coco greatly helps with the inevitable compaction and oxygen circulation. You can get microbial action going in coco, but not like LOS or even standard potting mix.

Give it a try, coco-coir is a very good medium and still very forgiving similar to perlite. H2O2 is your friend Sue, I'll keep singing that song to you!

Peace
Keith

A little peek at Dale's bagseed.
Dang I love growing mystery seeds, you make me want to plant a few right now! I have many in storage, but no grow space or stuff right now, a few weeks at least. SO I'll have to live vicariously through y'alls grows right here. Maybe I'll post more, I heard that collective virtual sigh, OK I won't :laugh: TS has that covered :laugh:

Peace
Keith

I have half an hour to get this posted before midnight. Let's go!

Weekly Update: Veg Shelf and Tiny Closet - Saturday, April 21, 2018

I'm thinkin' I killed the reveg of the CBD CC with too much light. I'll continue to water it as it sits over here on its own and hope that I haven't cried yet another plant. Don't ask me what I was thinking putting it on the shelf. I'll be saving a couple other root balls and I'll be more careful with them.

Yeah...... doesn't look promising. Time will tell.

On to the very sparse veg shelf.

Red Diesel and Devil's Carnival 1.7 are both up to the full-strength starting nutrients of 8 ml Parts A&B per gallon of water with 4 ml of Energy

Her lower growth is bursting forth.

While I had her out for her drench today I took off the sad leaves.

Devil's Carnival 1.7 is looking pretty sweet. I always forget to plant these clones off-center for training purposes.

I may just let her go from here and top her one time. I'll probably train her just a bit more. Still learning with this chemovar.

The tiny closet

Just two more Devil's Carnivals to go. We're coming into flush week for 1.5, and 1.3, in soil, is starting to show amber trichomes on the sugar leaves. 1.3 had a TransWater drench last Saturday and a Transplant drench on Wednesday the 18th. The perfume is intoxicating.

I grabbed a few more pictures during her drench.

Still a bit more to go.

1.3 has filled out the branches about as much as can be expected. The chemovar's not a high yielder, but she makes up for it with punch.

Be right back with the tents. :ciao:

I might make it. Lol!

Weekly Update: The Tents - Saturday, April 21, 2018

Tent #1

Driving through to the end, Jamaican 1.3 and Black D.O.G. Are filling this tent with the most delicious smells ever. :yahoo: The blueberry smell of the Black D.O.G. alone is rediculous! Look at the way she's stacking. :slide:

She just had a TransWater drench today to top off her back-to-back CATs. Jamaican 1.3 isn't slouching in the bloom department either. Her last CAT was on the 17th, making her due for her own TransWater drench tomorrow.

Jamaican 1.4 is frosting up something fierce.

Packing the buds on nicely too.

It's like they're competing. Lol!

I see some colors appearing on the leaves. This could get exciting. :battingeyelashes:

Tent #2 Timber Tent

Inside my sunny spot, my tent of mostly Jamaicans.

Both Jamaican 1.4 and 1.5 are on the same feed schedule, and will begin their flushes on Monday with the next scheduled drench.

Candy Cane 4 is absolutely mesmerizing, bursting out in bloom as she races to her own finish. She enjoyed a Transplant drench this afternoon.

The Jamaicans look like twins.

Candy Cane 4 is still the reigning star, with all her manic energy. Lol!

Tent #3

Carnival 4.6 doesn't look like she want to wind down. She's still aggressively sending out fresh pistils and just today started to develop a perfume, so possibly another couple weeks. I can certainly use the extra harvest she's building.

Red Diesel is beginning to catch on to the game. In the last couple days her color underwent a dramatic improvement. Nothing drenched since her flip, but she'll get a Recharge with her next drench tomorrow in preparation for her CATs, which'll be coming up fairly soon.

Carnival keeps catching the camera. Lol!

In the GROWant lights you can seeRed Diesel is beginning to set her flowers. :yahoo:

I leave with a parting shot of a Carnival branch, encased in dense blossoms, the promise of future cobs.

And that, my friends, brings us to the end of today's joyful stroll through the gardens. I hope they made your heart swell and made you wish you had smell-a-vision. Lol! I so enjoyed pulling the posts together for you. Let's do this again next week. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Hempy pots in a perlite medium are not microbial growth zones. The medium is rock basically and the regular nutrient flushes put the kibosh on most real growth, but that's really the goal of the technique. We don't want any growth down in that medium other than roots.
Dirt is the place for all those thoughts really. Hempy pots are a hydro technique and mixing the two rarely goes well.

I've felt that way all along about hydroponics and "organic" nutrients. But I've seen some people try (usually... to a bad end, lol). I was never one to apply the "baby bird" concept to hydro. Or container growing in general, really; perhaps with a soil pot of >20 gallons, but with smaller than that I'll just feed the roots directly, thanks.

Re: Possibility of microbial growth in perlite - typing "what inhospitable places can bacteria grow in?" into a web-search engine can bring up all kinds of articles about life existing in places a person wouldn't expect them to.
Here's one of the milder ones:
Top Ten Places Where Life Shouldn't Exist... But Does | Science | Smithsonian
Some things can live (sort of :rolleyes: ) in the vacuum, radiation, and temperature extremes of outer space.

She's beautiful, SweetSue. Your Carnival is breathtaking! Great Job!!

Your garden is so awesome, you can tell the plants take on your joy. :goodjob::ganjamon:

My daughter tells me that all the time. She’s hoping that talent passed on to her.

How many plant do you have in your care Sue? Its overwhelming... Gotta ask, whats up with the bananas? Jamaican sprit for the Carnival? Love you commitment to it!

At the moment I have two in veg and 9 in flower CraZysWeeD, down recently from 12 in flower. This was a bit much to keep up with for me when it was running full tilt. Sometimes the urge to grow gets beyond the available resources. Lol!

The bananas emit ethylene gas as they ripen, which ramps up the drive to flower in cannabis. I always keep ripening bananas in my flowering tents.

Good evening everyone :love:

Sunny, bright and warm was the outlook for The Burgh. I hope it played out that way in your flesh-and-blood neighborhood. I spent lots of time outdoors today. It was something of a disconcerting day, I thought the BIL had died and called the landlord to have someone check on him. Turns out he's still alive, but the emotional drain left me ......well....drained. I did a lot of walking and thinking.

I helped him move into the building so he wouldn't be alone when he died. I didn't think this one through. I'm not really happy about possibly being the one to find him dead. That's for me to find a way through to joyful acceptance.

If you haven't already you still have time to get out there and share that deliberate joy we’ve learned to cultivate with anyone lucky enough to enter your realm. This is what life was meant to be - a continuous dance of joy from eyes open to eyes shut. Practice long enough and it becomes your default emotional expression and suddenly you start stopping yourself when you get ruffled by some unexpected distraction.

It took me a while today, but I found my way back to bubbling joy. It's a deliberate thing with me.

You practice being deliberate about your thoughts. In time there are fewer and fewer distractions from your natural setting as a joyful, non-judgemental being. Then the energy streams pick up speed in proportion to your ability to let go of all the resistance you keep putting in your path.

And out here on the edge where creation sometimes happens right before your bewildered eyes.......this is where all the real fun happens. :ciao:

....Wait....we need a visual for the joy, don’t we? :battingeyelashes: Let me see what I can rustle up.

I forgot to post these yesterday.

Partial Jarring it up: Royal Gorilla

I kept this branch out to hang dry so the daughter'd have some to smoke while the rest dried low and slo.

Then I go carried away with the camera. :battingeyelashes:

I have some studies to button up. Catch you later. :ciao:

Good lord woman.... a third.... A THIRD..... not a few random stubs.

Saw naked toes in a photo. Tead's a gentleman and diverted his eyes.

Hahaha! I left the naked toes in there by design. Turned to the daughter at the time and said "We have our share of guys that appreciate the beauty of toes. I'll just leave this one in there." :battingeyelashes:

The reveg was an afterthought. I knew I was playing fast and loose. I'll keep watering it for a while and see what happens. No loss if she kicked the bucket. I have more seeds.

Once you learn to clone you get miffed at yourself for letting one get away, don't you? This cycle I did that with almost every regular. Feeling a little humbled by the experience, to be honest.

Once you learn to clone you get miffed at yourself for letting one get away, don't you? This cycle I did that with almost every regular. Feeling a little humbled by the experience, to be honest.

Almost let my antique OGK line go that way... had to do a reveg to keep the line.
I'm not bad with reveges. I planned for it with a line of UD seeds... reveging the winner.
I'm generally just too stoned to keep track of my garden properly. No log. Labels often miss some piece of data. Such a slacker.

This cycle I did that with almost every regular. Feeling a little humbled by the experience, to be honest.
‘S alright Sue - it’s just the higher ‘management committee’ deciding for you that it’s time to reset the National Forest! And you knew that already!

Next phase is going to be marvellously exciting ... lots of cobbing Sativas! And the daughter growing her own! What an upturn!

When’s (as in how soon) your holiday to the seaside happening?

:Namaste:

‘S alright Sue - it’s just the higher ‘management committee’ deciding for you that it’s time to reset the National Forest! And you knew that already!

Next phase is going to be marvellously exciting ... lots of cobbing Sativas! And the daughter growing her own! What an upturn!

When’s (as in how soon) your holiday to the seaside happening?

:Namaste:

I like that perspective Amy. It mirrors the one shared by my daughter about the $100 bill I somehow misplaced two days after somehow losing my banking card.

I carried that $100 bill in my pocket for months. It was my private stash that no one knew I had, so no one asked to borrow it. No matter where I went I knew I could buy whatever I wanted, within reason. Just knowing that was the purpose of carrying it. Now it's gone, and I have no idea where it could be.

I washed the jeans, and emptied the pockets before doing so. I have no recollection of pulling it out, but it certainly didn't come back when the clothes were dry. The daughter and I looked high and low, but it's nowhere to be found. I suppose it went to someone who was in need of it. I've been on that end before, so I've no desire to get clingy with this bill.

But it was my secret stash, my mad money for California. Now it's gone, and I have to realign my emotions again, after the mess with the BIL. It's been too much emotional rollercoaster today. Some days are just like that, and I get a little impatient with them. I'm trained to avoid these emotional minefields, and I don't take well to feeling upset with myself.

Time for a mental adjustment. I have some Carnival waiting for my attention. :roorrip:

I'm leaving on the 16th of May. On the 20th I head back to Phoenix with the family and I'll be there about a week or so. I should make it back home by June 1st.

Ok..... this is really good cannabis. Should have done this an hour ago when the daughter suggested it. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

I just found my $100 bill. :yahoo:

I think the universe really loves me. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

No sooner did I let that bill go.......I was strongly compelled to look somewhere I'd already checked three times myself and the daughter checked once, and voilá, there it was. Lol!

Was it right were you put it so you would not spend it before heading to cali..... LOL

Lol! I was carrying it deep in a special pocket so I wouldn't spend it before I left for Cali. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom