SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

No, save your money, FFS. You're on a fixed income, and in a good year I'm actually earning (a little) in the warmer months.

Calamites... Extinct horsetails that were around 100' tall (trees), lol? Yeah, I'm happy to be able to add a piece of one of those to my collection. As always, you are too kind. Next time I manage to visit, I'll have to remember to bring my painting kit and ask if you'd like your apartment redone or something.

Wouldn't it be nice to discover a fossilized cannabis ancestor?

Creative eating, lol, I like that term. Around here, we just call it not throwing away leftovers. And a mouse would probably starve on the amount of food that I throw away.

I went looking for 32-oz cups for growing and this was really the best thing I found on line.

We have a wholesale district in town that I think I'll check first, but this may be my only option. I'm apparently driven to follow this experiment through. It's not going to be as cost-effective as I'd hoped. Lol! It's raining today, which will keep me home, but I believe the next good day I'll catch some busses and do some running around. With all the universities in this city I'd almost bet my life there's somewhere locally I can find them. In fact, I'm gonna be real surprised if I'm wrong about that. Lol!
Sue! Those foam cups are some toxic sh*t! Whole cities are banning them... I don’t think growing in them is a good idea. And there’s no telling how their chemical content will react with the nutes either. But even with only water in them they leech out some nasty chemicals. You deserve better!! :love:

I used to eat Styrofoam cups when I was little. The only thing I've used them for in the past ten years or so is mixing miscelleneous chunks of Styrofoam with gasoline in a coffee can while heating it (don't try this at home, kids) when I wanted to be able to patch something and expect it to stay patched forever (sets up into a pretty hard product).

I just found another bug, lol. Went back to capitalize the first incidence of "Styrofoam," forgot to type over the lower case s, went back again to delete the extra character - and now everything from "Styrofoam cups" to the end of the paragraph is underlined in that "You spelled it wrong" zigzag line. But it could be a Firefox bug.

I used to eat those wax containers that the colored sugar water was contained in in those cheap(?) bags of generic candy, too. Bit one open, drank the tiny amount of liquid, and chewed the wax like gum for a while, then swallowed it. I remember Mom said something to Dad about it one day, and he replied, "The syrup inside is probably more harmful than the wax." I'd forgotten all about those things.

Sue! Those foam cups are some toxic sh*t! Whole cities are banning them... I don’t think growing in them is a good idea. And there’s no telling how their chemical content will react with the nutes either. But even with only water in them they leech out some nasty chemicals. You deserve better!! :love:

Lol! The syrup inside probably was more dangerous TS.

I've already rethought that Amy. I'll continue my search for 32 oz solo cups. They apparently sell as collector's item for an ungodly price of $10 that price I better be damned serious about what's ahead and have policies to protect them. I'm more inclined to go with 2-liter bottles, which, come to think of it, may not be a bad idea for what I'm trying to do. I bet I could find a bottle around the 32-oz size. Hmmmm.....

Time to get busy. I'll see you all in bit. :hug:

I'm having pizza.

Well, pretend pizza, lol. I took the two heels and the one regular slice of bread, put some leftover spaghetti sauce on them, tore up a piece of baloney between the three, lots of chopped onions, and split two slices of "US sandwich cheese," whatever that pale yellow stuff is actually made of, then stuck them into the oven. It'd probably kind of look sort of almost like pizza if I still consumed alcohol.

I don't think I ever managed to drink enough at one time to make it taste like pizza (I'd surely be dead). But it's food and, like all food, fills a hole. Bonus, I had an excuse to run my oven so I got some extra heat to start the day.
If it's got bread, sauce, and cheese...it's a pizza in my book! A gourmet one by the sounds of it! Have you seen the pizza's people make these days? They're all over the map! :laugh:

I'll continue my search for 32 oz solo cups. They apparently sell as collector's item for an ungodly price of $10

Used to be something like $4 for a big bag of them.

I'm more inclined to go with 2-liter bottles, which, come to think of it, may not be a bad idea for what I'm trying to do. I bet I could find a bottle around the 32-oz size.

I don't know if they still make them, but there used to be a one-liter size Mountain Dew bottle. The green blocks enough light that you shouldn't have any algal growth issues. I know for sure they make a 1.25 liter one, because I'm looking at one of them right now. As a matter of fact... Yes, its widest diameter is actually less than the diameter of the top of an 18-ounce Solo cup. They're ~42¼ ounce capacity.

Actually, a 2-liter bottle might be more stable. They're wider than the smaller bottle (and a fraction of an inch shorter). And even a small plant ought to cover more area than that of a two-liter, so going with those shouldn't cost you any floor space. And they come with a bonus - caffeine ;) .

Used to be something like $4 for a big bag of them.

I don't know if they still make them, but there used to be a one-liter size Mountain Dew bottle. The green blocks enough light that you shouldn't have any algal growth issues. I know for sure they make a 1.25 liter one, because I'm looking at one of them right now. As a matter of fact... Yes, its widest diameter is actually less than the diameter of the top of an 18-ounce Solo cup. They're ~42¼ ounce capacity.

Actually, a 2-liter bottle might be more stable. They're wider than the smaller bottle (and a fraction of an inch shorter). And even a small plant ought to cover more area than that of a two-liter, so going with those shouldn't cost you any floor space. And they come with a bonus - caffeine ;) .

Oh yeah? Over 42 oz? Hmmmm...... I'll have to check around when I go out after I get this harvest squared away. This girl wil be straight smoking and vaping material, and that requires a closer trim than when one makes an infused oil.

I still like the looks of those black cups Doob got. I'd be in heaven with those. It's the perfect size for what I'm thinking of starting. First I need to grow a few out in that size to see if I can pull off my goal.

I use to use those styrofoam cups from like 7/11. They are soft on roots and free.

Keepem Green

Dollar Tree usually has the plastic black cups! I have a bunch so the dogs can’t knock over my glass and hurt themselves.

I got them at Target Express but I’m sure they’d have them at Target.

Wow! Does your avatar look sharp! :thumb:

I'm gonna head down to Target in the morning and see if I can find any. I found a supplier on eBay, but I'll have to buy 300 of them. Lol! That'll surely get me through for a few years, ya think? I'll have enough to share. :battingeyelashes:

Not happy at all with this IT transition.....pretty crappy transition....I had to modify my user name as it didn't recognize me and I lost all of my past posts/emails.....who heads up this IT transformation.....? Pretty juvenile....
This is a great way to get support, we've been waiting for you to reply to the support request you submitted.

Dollar Tree usually has the plastic black cups! I have a bunch so the dogs can’t knock over my glass and hurt themselves.

Ooooo..... There's one right down the street. First thing in the morning I'll check there first.

Thank you Smokie. :hug::hug::hug:

Hi SweetSue, :love: got two journal entries done today, due to a much faster site, I'm loving this. I realized, I know this interface well because it's a blog template and I have a few blogs. So once you learn the navigation here, you will be a blog pro. OH and :hug:!

I love the return of these emoji's sooo much, :yahoo:

Hi SweetSue, :love: got two journal entries done today, due to a much faster site, I'm loving this. I realized, I know this interface well because it's a blog template and I have a few blogs. So once you learn the navigation here, you will be a blog pro. OH and :hug:!

I love the return of these emoji's sooo much, :yahoo:

I'm glad you're having so much fun :slide: I'm loving the speed myself. And photos......whoa!

Which reminds me,

Harvest: Dinachem (Day 115, flip + 66)

She kept me busy for a few hours today. Lol!

I trimmed her up a little finer. Practicing my skills. :slide:

All these larger leaves got trimmed off before the buds went into the bag.

I kept one branch out to air dry. This'll give us some for the daughter's sleep meds before the low and slo is finished.

I'm figuring around 2.5 oz dry. :yahoo:

I'm beat. Headed for that soft spot between clean sheets. I'll catch up with you all tomorrow. :hug:

Well, SHUCKS. I wanted to keep one of the images you added to the post, in order to respond to it. But I only see a big list of "GALLERY" tags instead of the actual images. Much faster to display, obviously. But suddenly inconvenient. I'll go back and count down from the top of the post, lol.

Oh, wait, it was the very first image <DOH!>.

They just look so sad, life ended, hung upside down like that. Nonetheless, I always find myself unable to stop smiling whenever I see such a thing (locally, I mean, after harvest). It was the same thing when I could still see well enough to go hunt down healthy meat instead of being forced to purchase the stuff they sell at grocery stores.

All these larger leaves got trimmed off before the buds went into the bag.

Can you believe I used to throw all my trimmings away? (Okay, I gave it to my buddy R. by the sackful.) And then one day I thought I'd try making "hash oil," lol.

I've been meaning to ask this. Probably not the best thread to do it in, but... I've read that some people don't like using heat for quick decarboxylation of cannabis when making edibles because they are concerned about the possibility of some terpenes vaporizing at or below that temperature. So I found myself wondering if a person could use their pressure canner to do this. Fill the jars (up to the recommended maximum level) and place them into the canner. Seems like the higher pressure (than ambient) environment would raise the vaporization/boiling points. However, I have never tried this. The moisture content of the buds would be relatively low. Would the sealing process work (for those who'd like to use this method to seal their jars for long-term storage)? And a pressure canner is not a static environment - they have a vent - so there would be some escaping. And it's been so long since I used one... Would the moisture/steam from the "water bath" manage to find its way into the jars, somehow? With low moisture levels inside the jars, I would think that they'd have to be at a lower pressure than the rest of the space inside the pressure canner. But that's really just a guess. I actually own a pressure canner (although it is so old I'm a little concerned that its seals might be in need of replacing), but don't have jars full of bud. And I suppose it's possible that a person could somehow end up ruining their harvest trying such an experiment - so I don't expect anyone to run into their kitchen and perform this kind of experiment.

Good morning everyone :love:

A new glitch: that lovely function that keeps the composition in development while you flip around other tabs won't clear the box until you post.

Why is that a problem? I can't leave it to pick up a link to anything else, because the link will be lost when I come back and now have to erase an entire page of script that I erroneously added from quotes

Isn't this fun? Lol! We'll get it all squared around in due time.

J, I wouldn't assume anything other than your harvest will be just as frosty. You have a touch with your own charges. I know this to be true. I've smoked enough of your produce to be excited when I hear you're bringing me a new taste.

TS, I have a huge bag of fan leaves that by this time would make some fierce sleep meds. I'd bet the oil on those leaves is almost fully matured and naturally decarbed. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with them.

Let me post this so I can share the link.

Back
Top Bottom