Rosin Press: Information Thread

Check in this thread Bear the last two pages are about vape cartridges
Interesting. His process is much more elaborate with the vacuum filtering and the carbon, but it’s all about the Liquidizer for this stuff, otherwise it separates too much to be useful.

I sense a shopping expedition soon in my future.

Snapped a couple more pics of the PEa harvest:

Not getting any overpowering smells. Hints of fruit, slight cat piss, and it is a bit peppery. You really gotta get your nose right on it to smell though. Definitely not as "loud" as I was hoping, but she will probably start putting on more stink as she dries & cures.
:passitleft:

Those look really sticky, but I'm concerned that they are in a really warm and bright space! Whatcha gonna do about that? My concerns matter :).
It's lights out until 6am. Temps in there hover between 60-68° overnight. The shed is the only place I have manageable RH. It's hanging around 50%. I had been drying in the garage all day, but we have some weather moving in that is spiking my humidity.
They are gonna stay out in the shed overnight and I will be reassessing in the morning.

Worst case, I'll leave them drying out there and just hang a blackout curtain.

Temps aren't an issue anymore out there. I don't think I've been above 78° in weeks. I'm enjoying the "winter" down here right now. LoL

It's warmest in the rafters, no?

How about in a cardboard box for darkness?
Yeah buddy! I got a perfect box for it too! That'll do! I've been using the attic a bunch for drying, but the RH spiked up to 78% in the garage and 81% in the attic. This front should pass through tonight and be back to normal tomorrow, fingers crossed. I'll shift it back up.

I've got a few ways to get through the drying. I'm just kinda chasing ideal conditions around my house. LoL

Too bad you can't dry back in the Jolene's closet. Would probably stink up your boots house!
Meh... the thought has crossed my mind.

If humidity is still jacked at 7am when I leave for work, that's where everything will go until I get home and check the hygrometers that are now stashed everywhere around the house. LoL

Those damn suckers never stay put. I'm sure I bought 6 but can only find 4 :grrr:
Haha! I find em laying around like spare change. LoL

I've bought 2 of the 5-packs over the last year and can only find a couple when I actually need them. But otherwise, it seems like they are all over the damn place.

Meh... the thought has crossed my mind.

If humidity is still jacked at 7am when I leave for work, that's where everything will go until I get home and check the hygrometers that are now stashed everywhere around the house. LoL

I do a quick dry in the dehydrator and then jar cure with boveda to even it out and let it mellow. Haven’t had any grassy taste or hay smell. But I get the harvest washed, dried, and jarred in one day.

I do a quick dry in the dehydrator and then jar cure with boveda to even it out and let it mellow. Haven’t had any grassy taste or hay smell. But I get the harvest washed, dried, and jarred in one day.
Does that leave it with a harsh smoke? Chlorophyll ?

Also, I have my doubts that it is chlorophyll in the plant material that causes harshness.

Degradation of chlorophyll is an active enzymatic process that plants go through while they are at either the end stages of life, as our cannabis plants do, or at the end of growing seasons like deciduous plants and trees heading into winter.

Degradation of chlorophyll in harvested plant material, particularly material that has dehydrated to the point where it is no longer “living” tissue, is most likely going to be broken down by either an oxidation process as the material degrades, or by bacterial agents degrading the material.

Considering that the mechanism of chlorophyll breakdown was discovered less than 20 years ago, there is still a lot we don’t know about the process.

Back
Top Bottom