The Emerald City

Are the winters cold down south?
Depends how far south, and how far inland. I’m close to 35ºS and on the coast so no, it doesn’t get too cold. Down to daytime temps of mid teens (ºC) and overnight can get to freezing but very rarely - usually around 7 - 9ºC overnight during the middle of winter. Cold enough for me tho! We get icy south westerly winds from the snowy mountains and they’re really frosty!
not sure what I'm building yet... But I've got supplies, Oh, Have I got supplies!
:thumb:
:popcorn:

Plants look terrific but I prefer standard spaghetti to angel hair. Nice roots though!

I thought you said your GSDs would kill any bunnies nibbling on your plants. But they're afraid of rats???

Something with smaller openings than chicken wire I hope. Mice and rats collapse their ribcages and get through amazingly tight spaces.

My dogs live in the house, they dont stay out overnight. Im pretty sure its not rzbbits. Maybd i’ll double up the wire.

Depends how far south, and how far inland. I’m close to 35ºS and on the coast so no, it doesn’t get too cold. Down to daytime temps of mid teens (ºC) and overnight can get to freezing but very rarely - usually around 7 - 9ºC overnight during the middle of winter. Cold enough for me tho! We get icy south westerly winds from the snowy mountains and they’re really frosty!

:thumb:
:popcorn:

Frosty mountains you say? Those sound like a good time. I havent ski’d in a while.

—————-_________________________________

I started an idea with a bucket, but the plants arent ready for tansplant yet. I ended up doing yard work and got some more ideas about the outdoor grow. Hopefully i’ll be able to get something done by Friday.

Plants are back on the table under the homeless shelter. The rats dont seem to like the Peyote Critical's. I wonder if its cause i sprayed them with nuke’em. Thanks for those two PC’s @InTheShed ! I topped them, pics soon.

My dogs live in the house, they dont stay out overnight. Im pretty sure its not rzbbits. Maybd i’ll double up the wire.
ive had rats eating my outdoor plants several times not my cannibus but my tomatoes and other new veggy starts I had going I put out rat bait and the next day it was gone but I don't have pets I think you need some wire with very small holes like 1/4 in. good luck bud!

I got ideas rollin, takin a day to let my knee rest and then I've got some solid ideas that involve "OOOH!!!!" regarding the rats. I'm thinkin I'll transplant into the ground and put Chicken Wire around them. Hopefully, i can do that without wrecking the plants. That stuff is bendy, maybe I should lay some out flat.

How do flatten chicken wire, I'll google that.

Got some fun shots in today... I've been baking brownies and baked for quite a while now.

2 Peyote Critical from @InTheShed. Looks like they're loving the sun!. Got my buy guy comin by tomorrow to drop bait traps, I guess they eat and die somewhere else. I guess I'll be doing daily checks for dead rats. Better than doing clean-up!

I got ideas rollin, takin a day to let my knee rest and then I've got some solid ideas that involve "OOOH!!!!" regarding the rats. I'm thinkin I'll transplant into the ground and put Chicken Wire around them. Hopefully, i can do that without wrecking the plants. That stuff is bendy, maybe I should lay some out flat.

Got some fun shots in today... I've been baking brownies and baked for quite a while now.

ill take that bowl rite there yummm!!! btw chicken wire wont keep the mice or rats out!

Brownie and a bowl sound splendid mate :drool::drool:

ill take that bowl rite there yummm!!! btw chicken wire wont keep the mice or rats out!
Phuck yeah buddy! Help yourself! :yummy:

I know a thing or two about trapping rats, plus my bug guy likes my weeds... I'm sure he'll be able to swing by with some pet safe rat killers. I've got some freshy fresh, newest of the new he'll appreciate. When I did my own yard and such I had rye grass and the bastards would go crazy for it. Eat holes in my bags and shit all over the garage. Back when I was a bachelor in my first house.

I ended up with rat traps and using peanut butter and rye seed for bait. I bet I didn't even need the seed. I saw first hand what those neck snappers can do! One the rats was fast enough to avoid the quick death. It made to the top of the water heater and died right on top. The trap caved his skull in.

Brownie and a bowl sound splendid mate :drool::drool:

Hmmm, brownie and a coffee for breakfast. Chase it with a bowl, you'll be on cloud 9 for an easy 4 hours.

I have 3 cats. Zero rats and mice.

If it’s mice or rats just set some Decon out there for them to eat or start trapping them.✌
My guy was just here, he dropped a couple bait stations with two flavors of poison. Options baby!!

congratulations on your win and seed stash looks good your plumeria looks beautiful my wife loves them nice work those aren't easy to grow they wont grow outdoors here it gets to cold!

ooooooh, more Autos, I like!!!!!

PHOTO BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very nice selection of plants and photogenic too! :thumb:

Looking good Agemon :thumb:
agreed looking mighty fine!:)

Thanks guys, quite a compliment coming from you two. Ghost with his giants and Sticky with plants made from green screen...

A very nice selection of plants and photogenic too! :thumb:

Thanks Beez, I was thinking today I should look at some of the strain characteristics of what I've got growing and make concentrates accordingly. Indies for night time stuff, sativa's for daytime stuff. Keep it simple.

Back
Top Bottom