My grandfather was a sharecropper and later in life he managed orange groves. He had a tree in his own orange grove that he grafted, it grew lemons, grapefruit and oranges.
This is cool! I would love a citrus tree with 3 varieties.

Last night I went to check on the plants. RV1 is doing great, RV2 has improved from her big drink and is almost there. Iklwa made a big jump forwards and has really improved.

All 3 have numerous root tips poking thru the bottom of the cloth pots. Uppotting in the next few days will be in their futures.

LC-18 looks a little better but still not great. It looks like only 3 will be headed to flower. LC will head to the veg tent.

Ive had a little experience grafting. That pair of clippers looks like it would enhance the chances you have, especially with fruit trees. I would love to have a set of these. Do you get them on amazon? I have an orchard that had some trees die. I have been air layering to fill in the bare spots caused by the existing trees dying. They are all over 50 Years of age and were in horrible shape when I took over the farm.

Reason I ask is @SmokingWings has a timer similar not 100% sure where he's from but something making me think America edit :- (Michigan ). He might be able to recommend the one he has in this link.
That timer was bought from a HTG Supply about 5 years ago. It is something that they have in the store. Some of the larger timers which have more outlets would have to be ordered. The one I have is still working but every now and then, about every 5 or 6 weeks, it will stick so it is always on and it does need to be reset. I can unplug it and do the reset and plug it back in about 20 seconds now;). Current cost is $35 for the single outlet.

20240307_123850.jpg

Here's the Gang today. Iklwa in the back, RV2 on the right, RV1 up front, and sickly LC on the left.

20240307_124029.jpg

Iklwa.

20240307_124000.jpg

RV2.

20240307_123949.jpg

RV1.

20240307_124037.jpg

LC-18. She's still stressing.

The 3 that are headed for uppotting tomorrow all got a full root drench this morning. They were suprisingly light. They are moving water really well.

Hopefully 2 weeks to flip. 🤞

Funny you should mention grafting. I have one of these that I've been wanting to try, but the key from what I read, is to graft branches with exact diameters of the stump you are grafting onto. I have been tempted to lop off a branch and graft it right back on to it's own stump just to see if it lives. My end goal is to have a multi-strained mother plant to cut clones from. Maybe this round, or with the seedlings I have started in the veg tent.

20240306_070214.jpg

20240306_070335.jpg

It has 3 different shaped blades. The one in it and these two.
20240306_070230.jpg

20240306_070240.jpg

It chops the branches like this.
Screenshot_20240306_072856_Chrome.jpg

Then you tape the wound and wait.
@Light Addict grafted several strains on one plant! It was pretty cool!! 😎✌️

Damn. He still did it tho!! 👍❤️
Let me learn how to graph and then I'll try my hand at it. Can't sew before the needles threaded. 😇
You keep saying graph and all I can think of is an Excel spreadsheet. :laughtwo:

We're actually talking grafting with the plants.

20240308_123710.jpg

Got 'em all uppotted. It went well. They are in 7 gallon cubes. I put 1 tablespoon of Rev's High Nitro bottom blend on the pot bottom. Then some myco and 4 3/4 gals of the Gaia Green mix and a half gallon of used Durban Soil for innoculation.

20240308_175434.jpg

RV1.

20240308_123748.jpg

Iklwa.

20240308_123744.jpg

RV2.

20240308_123806.jpg

And Poor LC, she can hang out in this tent for another couple weeks but she won't be going to the Flower Show this round. I turned the light down a bit for a day or 2.

Screenshot_20240308_180524_VPD Calculator.jpg

It gave me a 3 degree spread but VPD is still good.

I cut off the 1st node branches on uppotting and brixed the best leaf on each branch. Then I plucked a healthy leaf off each at mid plant level. Here are the readings.

RVDV1 - lower leaves - 10 and full fuzzy
- mid level 13.5 and full fuzzy

Iklwa - lower leaves - 10.5 mid-fuzzy
- mid level - 11.5 mid-fuzzy

RVDV2
- lower leaves - 10.5 and full fuzzy
- mid level - 13.5 and full fuzzy

Ikky wasn't as recovered as the 2 RV's and it shows in her brix readings. Gotta get Ikky up a couple points to get away from the bug zone. If I can get brix to 17 or over by flip I should be good thru flower.

These genetics are amazing! After all I put them thru not only did they somehow survive, AND 2 of the 3 are already high brix.

I can't wait to see them flower😎

Tomorrow I will finally start some training. I have decided against cutting any of the main tops off for clones. I will flower them out manifolded to 4 plus the 2 clone branches. I want to flower out the mutant tops and see what the buds look like.

So I will strap down all 6 arms on each and level them all out. Right before flip I will cut some clones from side branching as I thin them out.

I'm so glad they came around. Like I said, it's really hard to kill them.
There is also something to be said about older sativas producing better bud. How long have they been going? Longer than you would usually veg them?
Have a great day cool people.

I'm so glad they came around. Like I said, it's really hard to kill them.
There is also something to be said about older sativas producing better bud. How long have they been going? Longer than you would usually veg then?
I agree, older plants flower better in my observations. Normally I veg 55-60 days before flowering.

RV1 is 110 days old, RV 2 and Iklwa are 80 days old, and it will be a couple more weeks until flip.

Back
Top Bottom