Did you post an image of the container this rootball came out of? If not, will you post a shot of it for me to look at?
It's a solo cup with only 4 holes cut at the bottom of the sidewalls.

20240317_171442.jpg

Hey Gee, great journal. I'm late to the party but I'ma take a seat in the back and scrounge for scraps-n-roaches
Hey Welcome Haz😊✌️👊.

Scrounge away. It's not really a grow journal, it's more of my day to day perpetual log, but there are tons of scraps and tidbits kicking around in here if organics is your thing.

I actually just stumbled onto your journal this morning. I love the looks of your blueberry sprout. Tall yes, but straight as an arrow and thick for it's height. It's a sturdy one. It's gonna be a Go'er!👍.

A great manifold or scrog candidate.

Or even better, it would be an excellent choice to grow outdoors in the Earth. It looks like it could get huge 😍.

That looks like faciation to me. The bushiest stalks will give crazy looking buds but not great smoke. The others will be good though. I've grown some massive plants with faciation going on on one or two branches.
You will get them all to flower. You brought them back so, flowing them should be second nature. Have faith .
It's recommended to cut the celery stalk early on. Fasciation is interesting to look at but not great smoke.

Cheers!

It's recommended to cut the celery stalk early on. Fasciation is interesting to look at but not great smoke.

Cheers!
Yeah I have to agree, well sort of, every time it occurs the plant withers before harvest, so I don't know how it smokes, but it's cool to watch so watch we shall😊.

If it tanks, or if the smoke sucks, the worms will enjoy it😎.

Yeah. I was going to say everything below the flattened spot is good. Just below where the funky bud starts to develop.

Cheers!

Yeah. I was going to say everything below the flattened spot is good. Just below where the funky bud starts to develop.
I'm a watcher, lets watch. I want a cool bud photo. Not a regular old 16" bud-that-you-can-hide-a-light-bulb-behind photo, but instead one that is a little cooler.

Plus it's a personal challenge. Every Mutant I have had has either unmutated, or withered before finish. I want to get a gimp to the finish line.

I'll follow the brix. If it can't get healthy enough to survive, I'll cull it.

It's a solo cup with only 4 holes cut at the bottom of the sidewalls.

20240317_171442.jpg

Is this a seed or a clone? Regular soil mix? How long in the cup?

Is this a seed or a clone? Regular soil mix? How long in the cup?
It's a seed in a solo cup of used flower soil from my previous DP grow, with a bit of EWC and myco added. The pic in the above photo was day 31 right before uppotting. Same for the rootballs, day 31.

Hey Welcome Haz😊✌️👊.

Scrounge away. It's not really a grow journal, it's more of my day to day perpetual log, but there are tons of scraps and tidbits kicking around in here if organics is your thing.

I actually just stumbled onto your journal this morning. I love the looks of your blueberry sprout. Tall yes, but straight as an arrow and thick for it's height. It's a sturdy one. It's gonna be a Go'er!👍.

A great manifold or scrog candidate.

Or even better, it would be an excellent choice to grow outdoors in the Earth. It looks like it could get huge 😍.
Thanks for the welcome 😁.

Hey a daily log is still a journal lol 😅 but nonetheless it's informative and right to the point .. Which is great. Don't get me wrong I like all the extra facts and science here and there but some get way to in-depth... And my high add ass can't focus long enough to understand wtf is happenin. Lol.

Thanks for stopping over on my end. It's a slow process ATM but they get moving here shortly. And yea both are a bit tall... But that no concern as I'll just plant them deeper when up potting. And I've seen scrog but I am unfamiliar with manifolding🤔... I'll do a bit of research.

I'll possibly be doing an outdoor grow started inside in May with some photos... But my autos are kept inside where I can monitor everything and give them absolute best possible.
Your seed pic's are awesome, btw. If you guys want to see some cool close-ups of some seeds, you should check out @HappyHazmat88 's current journal. Seeds are very unique up close, like fingerprints.

And WOW, thank you for the shout out! It is much appreciated 🙏🏼.

It's a seed in a solo cup of used flower soil from my previous DP grow, with a bit of EWC and myco added. The pic in the above photo was day 31 right before uppotting. Same for the rootballs, day 31.

Interesting.. By that point they should’ve circled. Did I read right that you were topping in the cup? That could have had an impact

Interesting.. By that point they should’ve circled. Did I read right that you were topping in the cup? That could have had an impact
It's a combination of things I have evolved to over the years in my quest to keep sativas from getting too tall when grown from seed, but still 56 days old minimum, and without harming the plants will to live.

If you grow a ton of growth out of the solo, the rootball will grow huge and be circling in no time. You need to uppot at 12-14 days usually.

By manifolding I greatly slow the vegetative mass, but the roots continue to grow. The rootball gets ahead of the plant, and now doesn't have to grow for awhile, as it can easily support the freshly topped mass, and veg accelerates, but in the form of growing 2 new tops, which are immediately pruned again, to grow 4 small tops that immediately get pruned again, and by then the plant has been uppotted, but at 30 days it hasn't needed all the nutes in the solo, as it hasn't actually vegged that much, so the roots aren't seeking.

Toss good used soil into the mix and a seedling in a solo is well fed for awhile, so again no seeking.

But by leaving all the leaves on when I top, the plant doesn't undergo stress on a level that it gets damaged, it simply gets topped a few times on it's very tips, but still has all it's solar panels, so when you uppot it those roots will grow in really fast if you, or when you, stop topping.

The rootball will be ahead of the plant so it can grow ahead of demands, not play catch-up.

All part of my master plan to keep sativas under 4 feet tall when grown from seed, but still get big, top-notch yields.

And good myco helps😉, did I mention I like fish ferts before?

Thanks for the welcome 😁.

Hey a daily log is still a journal lol 😅 but nonetheless it's informative and right to the point .. Which is great. Don't get me wrong I like all the extra facts and science here and there but some get way to in-depth... And my high add ass can't focus long enough to understand wtf is happenin. Lol.

Thanks for stopping over on my end. It's a slow process ATM but they get moving here shortly. And yea both are a bit tall... But that no concern as I'll just plant them deeper when up potting. And I've seen scrog but I am unfamiliar with manifolding🤔... I'll do a bit of research.

I'll possibly be doing an outdoor grow started inside in May with some photos... But my autos are kept inside where I can monitor everything and give them absolute best possible.

And WOW, thank you for the shout out! It is much appreciated 🙏🏼.
I love tall chicks, I wouldn't bury that blueberry. It looks like a seedling that will become tree-like at the stump. But thats just me lol. Whatever you do with it, it looks like a really strong sprout.

It's a combination of things I have evolved to over the years in my quest to keep sativas from getting too tall when grown from seed, but still 56 days old minimum, and without harming the plants will to live.

If you grow a ton of growth out of the solo, the rootball will grow huge and be circling in no time. You need to uppot at 12-14 days usually.

By manifolding I greatly slow the vegetative mass, but the roots continue to grow. The rootball gets ahead of the plant, and now doesn't have to grow for awhile, as it can easily support the freshly topped mass, and veg accelerates, but in the form of growing 2 new tops, which are immediately pruned again, to grow 4 small tops that immediately get pruned again, and by then the plant has been uppotted, but at 30 days it hasn't needed all the nutes in the solo, as it hasn't actually vegged that much, so the roots aren't seeking.

Toss good used soil into the mix and a seedling in a solo is well fed for awhile, so again no seeking.

But by leaving all the leaves on when I top, the plant doesn't undergo stress on a level that it gets damaged, it simply gets topped a few times on it's very tips, but still has all it's solar panels, so when you uppot it those roots will grow in really fast if you, or when you, stop topping.

The rootball will be ahead of the plant so it can grow ahead of demands, not play catch-up.

All part of my master plan to keep sativas under 4 feet tall when grown from seed, but still get big, top-notch yields.

And good myco helps😉, did I mention I like fish ferts before?

Interesting. Have you used this method successfully outside of your Durbans? Definitely a sativa man’s game

Interesting. Have you used this method successfully outside of your Durbans? Definitely a sativa man’s game
Normally I like to pop seeds directly into 10gal final containers, it makes containing a tall plant easier and builds a better rootball.

When I start in solos and uppot directly to a 10gal, I know I'm taking that plant to flower, and I do that at about day 13-14. As soon as I can safely pop the rootball out.

These are normal seeds that I don't know the sex of, and are destined to be guinea pigs, so I went this route to keep them in solos as long as possible. They likely won't make it to harvest, but are great for demo'ing the whole manifold thing.

They were going to test some soil for me but I don't need them for that anymore.

So now they are toys to play with, and future worm food.

Speak of the Devils.

20240320_184106.jpg

Hanging out in 'MaterVille.

20240320_183858.jpg

See the blue circle?

20240320_183913.jpg

Thats where I topped it yesterday. Those 2 baby tops popping out will be ready to top in 3 or 4 days.

The plant is still young enough that the nodes aren't staggered yet, so the tops come out level. The plant has 4 of these tops, so in 3 or 4 days it will be topped to 8.

If at that point, when those 8 each grow 1 node, if that node is still not staggering, you can top again to 16, and because the nodes aren't staggered, each branch gets equal apical dominance.

20240320_183926.jpg

Here's the other 2.

20240320_183937.jpg

Once the nodes start to stagger the plant reveals it's sex. I will get it to 8 tops for sure, but 16 isn't always guaranteed. Today is already Day 33.

20240320_183630.jpg

Here is a shot of the TMSC Girls.

20240320_183326.jpg

And from the other side.

18 colas from 3 plants is very awkward. I may have a plan.

20240320_183339.jpg

Here is one of RV2's mutant arms. Those curves aren't wilting, it's super stiff and growing wavy like that..

20240320_183347.jpg

This branch too.

20240320_183352.jpg

Here are the 2 tops.

20240320_183357.jpg

Very thick tops.

20240320_183417.jpg

Here is Ikky's whorled mutation. It's only on one side now.

20240320_183422.jpg

The whorly top.

Speak of the Devils.

20240320_184106.jpg

Hanging out in 'MaterVille.

20240320_183858.jpg

See the blue circle?

20240320_183913.jpg

Thats where I topped it yesterday. Those 2 baby tops popping out will be ready to top in 3 or 4 days.

The plant is still young enough that the nodes aren't staggered yet, so the tops come out level. The plant has 4 of these tops, so in 3 or 4 days it will be topped to 8.

If at that point, when those 8 each grow 1 node, if that node is still not staggering, you can top again to 16, and because the nodes aren't staggered, each branch gets equal apical dominance.

20240320_183926.jpg

Here's the other 2.

20240320_183937.jpg

Once the nodes start to stagger the plant reveals it's sex. I will get it to 8 tops for sure, but 16 isn't always guaranteed. Today is already Day 33.
I tried manifolding outdoors a few years ago. I had to cull some males and I can't remember if I actually harvested a manifolded plant. It's so neat. If I grow photoperiod plants again I will try it again for sure.

Back
Top Bottom