The Legion Of Doob: Perpetual Chaos

Nice, Thank you!
So just to show off a bit ;) this is my rig. The boards are 3500k and the strips are 3000k. I ahve them on seperate drivers and can drive them up to about 160watts each (from the wall) but dont run them quite that hard. Currently they’re doing great in bloom at about 145 watts each.

full

Another member here, @Blacksmith made this beautiful rig... (strips from Cutter I think)

018C1EA3-3BAD-4289-943D-9C99AA2C1D5B.png

And farside also built a really nice rig with Samsung strips...

full

There re a few others around but those ones canto mind, and I knew where the pics were ;)

@Graytail was my go to for advice about config etc. so if you’re keen and want some expert advice, he is very across pretty much all of it, and quite likes puff-puff-passing that along, AFAIK
:passitleft:

So just to show off a bit ;) this is my rig. The boards are 3500k and the strips are 3000k. I ahve them on seperate drivers and can drive them up to about 160watts each (from the wall) but dont run them quite that hard. Currently they’re doing great in bloom at about 145 watts each.

full

Another member here, @Blacksmith made this beautiful rig... (strips from Cutter I think)

018C1EA3-3BAD-4289-943D-9C99AA2C1D5B.png

And farside also built a really nice rig with Samsung strips...

full

There re a few others around but those ones canto mind, and I knew where the pics were ;)

@Graytail was my go to for advice about config etc. so if you’re keen and want some expert advice, he is very across pretty much all of it, and quite likes puff-puff-passing that along, AFAIK
That's good stuff! I'm a machinist by trade so I could build whatever substrate I needed. I like the fact its scalable. You can add and remove whatever to tweek it. Thanks for the info!

That's good stuff! I'm a machinist by trade so I could build whatever substrate I needed. I like the fact its scalable. You can add and remove whatever to tweek it. Thanks for the info!

I'm going to recommend splitting the light, at least into two separate ones if your space allows it. This will let you set different heights which is handy if you are growing two or more strains. I built a COB array for a 2' X 4' tent, arranged like this with respect to the drivers:
1212 This is good in the case
2121 of a component failure.
Both drivers share a single intensity control.

I've come to the conclusion that this arrangement may not have been my best idea. This may have been a better arrangement:
1122 This allows you to turn off one side of the light
1122 when it is not needed to save power costs.

Physically splitting the light and adding a separate control for each would also allow independent control of height and intensity.

Here is what I built:

full

DIY Eight Citizen CLU048-1216 COB Array

full

Splitting the Array Would have Been Handy

You're running all Q Boards now right? Do you know anything about the "Rspec" boards? When I have a chance, I'd like to get into Quantum Boards. A friend just bought 6 of the little boards, the 99s? Not sure what they're called. I'd like to pick the QB part of your brain a bit someday

Was it white flies?

I loveeeeeee my QB lights

Now the new Rspec look sweet
The red in flower would be a great addition so I've been told and read

If hlg gets the bds available soon it may keep me from tossing in my growing hat....lol....maybe

I’ve never used anything else except the sun :laughtwo: (only because I’ve never grown inside before the last year or so) but i think these QB set-ups are the bees knees! I built my own QB rig and have now added some Samsung strips. If you’re thinking of maybe building your own, I’d really recommend the strips. Exactly the same as the QBs but in long strips so they’re super versatile in terms of design options and you can mix spectrums quite nicely too :thumb:

Wow it's liike you guys told me to jump back on today! I'm gonna be getting a new QB for the flower tent. I've been considering Flower only. My current tent has 300 watt COB from Timber but I'm getting a set of QB's to go right along side it. It's gonna fit perfect in my 4x2x5 tent. I'm considering 3000K or 3500K. My Timber is a 3500K but I've been franken-lighting with an off name brand and a 300 watt ViparSpectra. I gotta say I'm real impressed with the ViparSpectra Lights. It's the first light I bought and it's still great after 2.5 years.

What do y'all think about my next QB 3000K or 3500K that will pair with the 3500K Timber COB?

I'm going to recommend splitting the light, at least into two separate ones if your space allows it. This will let you set different heights which is handy if you are growing two or more strains. I built a COB array for a 2' X 4' tent, arranged like this with respect to the drivers:
1212 This is good in the case
2121 of a component failure.
Both drivers share a single intensity control.

I've come to the conclusion that this arrangement may not have been my best idea. This may have been a better arrangement:
1122 This allows you to turn off one side of the light
1122 when it is not needed to save power costs.

Physically splitting the light and adding a separate control for each would also allow independent control of height and intensity.

Here is what I built:

full

DIY Eight Citizen CLU048-1216 COB Array

full

Splitting the Array Would have Been Handy
A friend of mine bought a 5x5 array from Rigid. I didnt like that fixture at all. It was huge, so it could only come down as the tallest plant. It also wasnt as bright as I imagined. He had 2 Ursa fixtures (also cob) that were much brighter. I thought about getting a mess of those single lights with the driver all in one, but I think I want a crack at QBs. I was also looking at the Gromau5 pucks... same thing as above, but more of a conventional LED. To be honest, I will probably build something, then want to change it around immediately... i dont think I've had any lights longer than 3 seasons. Those would be the Black Dogs. So many options.

I truly want to thank you for the info. My bank account is on fumes right this second, so that slows things a bit, but maybe I'll rob a bank or something and start my QB journey. Thanks again

Wow it's liike you guys told me to jump back on today! I'm gonna be getting a new QB for the flower tent. I've been considering Flower only. My current tent has 300 watt COB from Timber but I'm getting a set of QB's to go right along side it. It's gonna fit perfect in my 4x2x5 tent. I'm considering 3000K or 3500K. My Timber is a 3500K but I've been franken-lighting with an off name brand and a 300 watt ViparSpectra. I gotta say I'm real impressed with the ViparSpectra Lights. It's the first light I bought and it's still great after 2.5 years.

What do y'all think about my next QB 3000K or 3500K that will pair with the 3500K Timber COB?
I got 3500 and 2700 in one tent, and all 3500 in the second, they both seem to work fine for me. I’m even vegging in the 2700/3500 tent without weird stretching or anything.

A friend of mine bought a 5x5 array from Rigid. I didnt like that fixture at all. It was huge, so it could only come down as the tallest plant. It also wasnt as bright as I imagined. He had 2 Ursa fixtures (also cob) that were much brighter. I thought about getting a mess of those single lights with the driver all in one, but I think I want a crack at QBs. I was also looking at the Gromau5 pucks... same thing as above, but more of a conventional LED. To be honest, I will probably build something, then want to change it around immediately... i dont think I've had any lights longer than 3 seasons. Those would be the Black Dogs. So many options.

I truly want to thank you for the info. My bank account is on fumes right this second, so that slows things a bit, but maybe I'll rob a bank or something and start my QB journey. Thanks again
You won’t be disappointed.

I loveeeeeee my QB lights

Now the new Rspec look sweet
The red in flower would be a great addition so I've been told and read

If hlg gets the bds available soon it may keep me from tossing in my growing hat....lol....maybe
I think I'd go with the rspec boards. They're heading the short list

Here's my economy QB basic setup, Kitty boards :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
View media item 1603665
View media item 1603666
View media item 1603663:tommy::theband:
Kitty was the sales lady for many of us back when.
:meditate:
I just saw your quote from the Moody Blues album On the Threshold of a Dream, "face piles of trials with smiles" It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave... and keep on thinking free. Fan fucking tastic! You made my day man! That's kind of a fringe quote. Usually people only know Knights in White Satin or a couple of the songs from the 80s.

Anyway, I dig your light. I think something like that with strips in a colder color temp would be cool. I'll figure it out with a little help from my friends.

Things are looking a lot better. I’m down to spraying occasionally for bugs and haven’t seen any in a bit. I’m going to keep spraying until they’re about three weeks or so into flowering. It’s really hot. Was 97° in one tent and 94° in the other. I think I might flower them a bit early just to get the lights down to 12/12 so the heat will lessen.

Seems like I was right about them just needing a transplant. They’re a lot greener now. The four in front 2x Blueberry, an Unknown OG #2, and a It’s It Punch. I’m hoping to pass them off to @Agemon. There is also one little Candida, and three NL clones Agemon gave me. Hoping to pass two of the NL off to @BTzGrow, they’re different sizes though so might not work well for him. In the back in Doc Bud’s soil are It’s It Punch, Violet Unknown, Unknown OG #2, and BerryBomb.
221848F4-5078-4E8F-818E-65EF29087514.jpeg

These are suffering a bit more from the heat but I’m pretty sure the roots are about to hit the reservoir and then they’ll be fine. Here we have Peyote Critical, Candida, Black Cherry Punch, and Sour G.
5D8B8D71-738E-4EB3-8600-E52AE062C6FF.jpeg

@DrDoob I regret I haven't gotten back to you about your clones you are looking for home for. Been a little under the weather and yet rather busy also.

I'm going to pass on the gift in the moment. My space is limited and I'm about to cull out some of my plants as I feel I have way too much going. The real motivator is the environmental control issues with too many plants. I was lucky last summer with the humidity but this summer is providing some opportunity for bud rot. Yuk.

I'm going to stop being so greedy and grow smaller numbers with more space to breath. Especially if they are going to flower during the hot and humid months.

Thanks regardless. B

Sup Doob?! Settling down over here, I’m still plannimg on arriving tween 10 & 11 on Monday. I’ll take those clones off your hands no worries. Dont sweat the extra NL’s if u gotta cull’em then do it!

Hey Shed great light!, nice build too! Tryin to figure how i could build that and still use my Timber too. Now im thinking bout building that and moving the 5500K into the Flower Tent.

I wonder how flowering photos under the 5500K would be...

Back
Top Bottom