The Legion Of Doob: Perpetual Chaos

Neither have I, but may try it with the kief squish since it's really fluid at press time

I love the dabs in my dab pen, never smoked it any other way yet, works great in the pen

I take small hits and never cough at all

[update]
Enough of that how’s the plants you say? Things are looking pretty good. I haven’t seen any bugs except lady bugs and spiders in a bit. I guess they’re immune to the four kinds of stuff I’ve been spraying. The little ones on the right are really desperate to be transplanted. They’ve been in those 32oz cups for like four months now. Now that they’re bug free maybe @Agemon wont be scared to take them.

73D34244-562D-465A-88D8-909C9C2159EA.jpeg

Speaking of Agemon, he gave me four Northern Light clones. I transplanted two into 32oz and one in a 1 gal hempy cups. They had a lot of gnats, hopefully they’ll go away now they’re in perlite. I also transplanted one into Doc Bud’s soil with a good layer of perlite on top to hopefully prevent the gnats. The one in the bottom left is Candida. There was originally 5 clones but one didn’t make it.

I thought I took a picture but I guess security cam shot will do.
939FCC66-69AC-466D-8925-31F668A8A7FB.jpeg

:passitleft:

What's up Doob? Hey I'm ready for the clones man! I just trimmed my NL outside. Yeah, trimmed... like took off 6-10" of the tops. It didn't take long they're at the top of the wall again :laugh:. Oh well, I decided after seeing Shed's monster-cropping I'd keep a few to see what happens. Got 3 more clones going, in vermiculite this time using the @beez0404 method. I'm sure it'll work, the vermiculite seemed to stay pretty wet, but it's a pretty fine material. I gotta remember to keep thinking hempy grow!!!!

I think I'm gonna be running clones this upcoming winter. I'm headed to Burbank to see an old friend this week. When's a good time for me to head your way again Doob? Maybe early September?

What's up Doob? Hey I'm ready for the clones man! I just trimmed my NL outside. Yeah, trimmed... like took off 6-10" of the tops. It didn't take long they're at the top of the wall again :laugh:. Oh well, I decided after seeing Shed's monster-cropping I'd keep a few to see what happens. Got 3 more clones going, in vermiculite this time using the @beez0404 method. I'm sure it'll work, the vermiculite seemed to stay pretty wet, but it's a pretty fine material. I gotta remember to keep thinking hempy grow!!!!

I think I'm gonna be running clones this upcoming winter. I'm headed to Burbank to see an old friend this week. When's a good time for me to head your way again Doob? Maybe early September?
Nice, I cut them back a bit, I might have to transplant them very soon. I also have some very non-frail Candida clones from Shed. That thing is a beast.

I’m available anytime in early September. You’re killing me man, I’m trying to grow 8 plants now with the NL clones I’ve got like 30. :rofl:

So I got that THC tester thing. It seems like it might work. I tried it on every strain I have, all were between 13-19%. No idea how accurate that is, really seems too good/cheap/easy to be true.

Results seemed fairly consistent. It’s not based on the amount trichs or anything obvious. It’s It Punch is super frosty and was consistently 13-15% where Blueberry is much less frosty and was consistently 17-19%. According to the breeders IIP should be in the mid 20s and Blueberry about 14%. I tried it on some photos and it wouldn’t register so it has to be actual flowers. Seems more promising than I thought it would. I’ll try to go to the dispensary soon and try it on their tested stuff.

Things are getting back on track. No more bugs, but I’m still spraying every three days until I flower them. I finally transplanted the ones that were in the 32oz hempy pots, they look rough, but I’m sure will recover. I still need to transplant or cull these other 4 that are in soil, they’re looking fairly rough now too.

The Doc Bud’s Kit plants (the four in the back) are fully recovered and converted to soil. They’re looking great.
574589A8-10D4-45E8-8BB3-85900B53E972.jpeg

I also transplanted the 1gal hempies into 3.5 gal pots. I think I need to up their nites a bit but they’re doing good too. I need to do some more training on them and I’ll flower them in about two weeks.
D7DB5F1E-527E-4969-8FCF-1FB3E098C65C.jpeg

And the Northern Light clones from Agemon. After dealing with the whiteflies I couldn’t just leave these gnats alone and transplanted 3 of them to hempy and one to Doc Bud’s soil, one hempy died right after transplanting. I think I must’ve shocked it’s roots too much. Then like an idiot I didn’t make sure the hempy hole was clear on one and it suffered. It’ll recover now though.
9C755885-7036-4202-995E-72363AA2D1B3.jpeg

Too many plants sounds a bit familiar...

Glad you have most of the bugs under control and the gnats should be on the way out soon with the hempy. The 3.5 gallon hempies look great along with the the HB ones, but the others look kinda sad and yellow. Why is that?
pretty much all of it sounds better than cleaning the friggin MB2. Heavy and awkward
This ^ ! Such a pain in the ass to clean that damn thing, especially given how you have to keep the water out of the electrics.

Too many plants sounds a bit familiar...

Glad you have most of the bugs under control and the gnats should be on the way out soon with the hempy. The 3.5 gallon hempies look great along with the the HB ones, but the others look kinda sad and yellow. Why is that?

They were kept in those 32oz pots for about four months. When I transplanted them I could almost hear the roots sigh in relief. I also think I probably could’ve flushed them a bit more. 4 months of MegaCrop probably made that perlite toxic. Hard to tell they were all roots when I pulled them out, couldn’t really see the perlite.

The other four are in soil, but I totally spaced out and forgot that soil pots have holes in the bottom. They’ve soaked up all sorts of shit. I’m surprised they’re alive still.

When I used the MB2 I just cleaned it with a couple paper towels, then used Dawn 3x and the clean setting with 2 cups super hot water, then a couple more paper towels. That Dawn 3x does magical things to oil.

Ahh...the old root-bound plant look. I know it too well. I'm sure they'll perk up soon!

Oil is easy to clean, getting the smell of old butter out of every nook and cranny is hard, even with Dawn.
Well I have only used mine a couple of times. 2 cups of oil is way too much for me to use at once. I was using the Instant pot with pint jars, but now I just do everything in the Ardent Nova’s silicone sleeve. It’s about as easy as can be for small batches.

I was doing fine until you got to "silicone sleeve" and then I got distracted. For small batches I still go with jars in the oven, but 2 cups of butter is just two batches of cookies, so I'd rarely make less than that. And butter freezes really well.
You’d think it’d have a better marketing name or something but it’s actually “Silicone Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve”. Hmmm I haven’t used actual butter in years, maybe I’ll find a good cookie recipe and give it a shot this weekend.

now I just do everything in the Ardent Nova’s silicone sleeve. It’s about as easy as can be for small batches.
Same here. No mess to clean, no smell, and in two hours you're done. I rarely need more than 2 or 3 oz of oil at a time anyway. I didn't bother with the silicone sleeve - not really necessary unless you want to do slightly larger batches.

Same here. No mess to clean, no smell, and in two hours you're done. I rarely need more than 2 or 3 oz of oil at a time anyway. I didn't bother with the silicone sleeve - not really necessary unless you want to do slightly larger batches.
I’ve been decarbing a lot of rosin and it wasn’t as easy to get out of the metal dish, the sleeve is easy peasy.

I can see how rosin could be a pain if done directly on the metal chamber. By the way, do you really need to decarb rosin? Doesn't the heat from extraction pretty much decarb it already?

Here's what I use for my oil infusions - the measuring glass fits nicely inside:

By the way, do you really need to decarb rosin? Doesn't the heat from extraction pretty much decarb it already?

Yes, you need to de-carb rosin. The temperature and time used for pressing is not enough to de-carb it. For flower the temp is about 180°F - 210°F (82°C - 99°C) for around five minutes for the press. I de-carb the rosin at 230°F (110°C) for about 15 minutes, or until it stops bubbling. De-carbing flower in the oven takes 110 minutes at 110°C (230°F).

Back
Top Bottom