The Mars Hydro FC-E4800 Sponsored Grow Journal: 3 Classic Strains In Soil

Mars Hydro FC-E4800 sponsored journal

Strains
- Alcapulco Gold, Jack Herer, Northern light
Light setting and height- Set at 100% @ 26 inches
Lux- ?
Medium - Off the shelf compost. Young seedling mix, young plant mix and mature plant compost
Nutrients- Off the shelf, liquid organic fruit and vegetable feed
Grow space - 1 metre x 1metre x 2metre
Extraction - AC infinity T6 with smart controller + Carbon filter
Final pot size - 20 litre, plastic
Temp - 19 and 27°C
Rh - between 42 an 58
Water - Bottled mineral

Hi Everyone, how are you all doing?

It's all good news today. The thrip problem is virtually gone, I will find one or two larvae every other day. So it's drastically cut the numbers down.
Hopefully there's none hiding in the soil, waiting to sprout wings. It's a possibility I suppose.

Anyway.. the plants are super healthy, here is the Alcapulco gold
DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG
DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG
Here is the Northern light.
Shes a dumpy little thing, but she has tiny feet, so it's much to be expected
DSC_0059.JPG

Here's one under the awesome @Mars Hydro FC-E4800. Super sexy light :cheesygrinsmiley:
That's making the plants super frosty :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_0071.JPG

Anyhoo, I got a nice surprise today.
Rember a few weeks ago when I chucked out the Blueberry reveg, the Bluebery and the Moby dick, due to them being infested with Thrips. I burnt the reveg and the moby and I was going to do the same with the little blueberry but the weather was bad, so I left it with a plastic bag covering it, so the neighbours didn't see it.

I haven't been out in the back garden since then, as its just a winter dumping ground, but I went out early this morning to check on things and this is what I found

DSC_0076.JPG

The bag had blown off and the thing is still alive. The weather has been sort of OK for the end of winter here, lows of 2°C and highs of 14°C but she's made it through.
I don't know when the bag came off, so possibly that's protected her.

I've brought her inside and gave her a drink, but I'm unsure what to do with her incase she's infested with beasties.
DSC_0080.JPG

Shes a bit lime green, but I will give her some food and she should be back to full health in no time.
Should I risk putting her in the tent? Do you think the cold weather would have killed all the horrible creepy crawlies?

I can't bring myself to throwing her out after she's fought so hard to survive, so I'm in a bit of a quandary.

I have another tent, but its in the same room as the big tent and if she is crawling with creepiest, it's going to bugger up the other plants.

Anyway, that's it for today folks.

As always, I thank you all for popping in, I appreciate it

See you on your side

Paul
If the rest of your tent is healthy I personally would not risk it.

Hey Paul hope everything is good my friend.
Nice update. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Is there any way you can move the second tent to another room and quarantine her? Or at least give her to someone who has no plants and knows that she might have thrips?

Beautiful work my friend. No matter what, you find a way to grow some alluring ladies.

Best to you and the Miss my Mars friend
Flattery will get you everywhere:laugh:, thank you. Sending the best wishes back at ya..
the rest of your tent is healthy I personally would not risk it.

Hey Paul hope everything is good my friend.
Hi Bill, everything is great on this side for a change , weve had a few good weeks with no dramas:laugh:.
I'm thinking the same, it's a huge risk. Especially saying its been under this huge fatsia japonica
DSC_0078.JPG
which is always covered in beasties in the summer. I will have a smoke and contemplate her future. Thanks for popping in mate
Is there any way you can move the second tent to another room and quarantine her?
Hi Melville.
Unfortunately the wife said "NO" to moving the tent, but I may just quarantine her for a few weeks in the bathroom. Good call, there's a bit ambient light to keep her going, so we will go from there.

The bag had blown off and the thing is still alive. The weather has been sort of OK for the end of winter here, lows of 2°C and highs of 14°C but she's made it through.
I don't know when the bag came off, so possibly that's protected her.
LOL! I thought my Purple Puncher was a survivor :laugh::laugh:
Moby’s the real winter survivor!

The Acapulco Gold looks amazing... so do the rest. I lost notifications on your thread. Glad you have the thripes under control.
I can't bring myself to throwing her out after she's fought so hard to survive, so I'm in a bit of a quandary.
I'm always amazed at how resilient these plants are.

Hey squiggle ladies are looking nice. And ooooof the thought of the infected one going back into your tent is nerve wrecking and it's not even mine lol

Sorry for the late reply everyone. Still doing the kitchen and the wife has changed her mind on the tiles again; only after I had finished them.

Moby’s the real winter survivor!
It's a tough old cookie.. it's actually thriving just under the bathroom lights. There's 4x 50 watt led spot lights on it, so I'm just going to keep her going under them until the tent is empty.
Thanks for popping in mate. Appreciate it
Glad you have the thripes under control.
I spoke too soon on that one. I've noticed the odd adult flying around. I've put some sticky traps out, so hopefully that catches the little buggers..
I'm always amazed at how resilient these plants are.
I'm amazed too. You live in some seriously cold place, have you ever left one of your plants out in those conditions?
Hey squiggle ladies are looking nice. And ooooof the thought of the infected one going back into your tent is nerve wrecking and it's not even mine lol
Lol.
I know mate.. I would love to put her in the tent, but it may just bugger everything else up.
I'm glad I didn't actually, as I've noticed one leaf on her that has thrip eggs laid in it.
I will post a picture later tonight with the update. Its quite handy to know what early thrip damage looks like.

Just been over to your tent. Proper impressed:thumb:

I'm amazed too. You live in some seriously cold place, have you ever left one of your plants out in those conditions?
No, but I have started bring the temp down where the tent is at lights off. I open the window and let it get down to 65 for a half hr or so if I can. Hoping it helps with colors.

I'm curious to see the early damage photos.
I will give you a nudge when I post it. As if I knew what the first signs were, I would have been able to strip all the leaves that were effected and avoid all this hassle.. speak soon mate.
. I open the window and let it get down to 65 for a half hr or so if I can. Hoping it helps with colors.
Looking forward to seeing this myself. I've never dropped a plant that low before. I will be watching your thread with eager eyes. :)

doing the kitchen and the wife has changed her mind on the tiles again; only after I had finished them
:laugh::rofl: I feel you brother.
The the more choice you give her - the more often you change the tiles before they fit and look fancy enough

Mars Hydro FC-E4800 sponsored journal

Strains - Alcapulco Gold, Jack Herer, Northern light
Light setting and height- Set at 100% @ 24 inches
Lux- ?
Medium - Off the shelf compost. Young seedling mix, young plant mix and mature plant compost
Nutrients- Off the shelf, liquid organic fruit and vegetable feed
Grow space - 1 metre x 1metre x 2metre
Extraction - AC infinity T6 with smart controller + Carbon filter
Final pot size - 20 litre, plastic
Temp - 27
Rh - between 42 an 58
Water - Bottled mineral

Hi Everyone, how's it growing with you lot?

Just a little update on how things are coming along in the tent, under the fantabulous @Mars Hydro FC-E4800. Loving the light still. Its still keeping the temperatures perfect, even at full blast.

Anyway, Im pretty gutted though, as I should have had a tent full of plants, but those little buggers called thrips destroyed two of them..

They were definitely in the cheapo compost I bought, as I gave my mother the remainder of the bags and she's got adult flies buzzing about in her conservatory..
Lesson learned though..

Anyway.. if I had realised what to look out for in the early stages of infestation, I could have avoided all this..

The first thing I should have realised by was the tiny black flies.
There was only one or two, but we thought nothing of it, as you get the odd fly in the house.

But the other give away was little raised pimples on the leaves..
This is a bit of a poor picture, i will try again for a better photograph when i get 5 mins. This is one of the leaves off the Blueberry that was living in the garden .. it's hard to see, but it's a raised lump. This is where the eggs are.
Screenshot_20220214-181513_Gallery.jpg

It's exactly like a tiny white pimple..
Lesson learned again though. Never buy cheapo compost and always look out for these signs.

Right, let's get some pictures up.
Here's the Alcapulco Gold.
Screenshot_20220214-210416_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220214-210353_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220214-205914_Gallery.jpg

Shes getting fat and frosty and smells like coffee :hmmmm:

There's a few bottom fan leaves turning yellow, so I'm going to up her feed next time round.

The Northern lights gets exactly the same meals as her and she's a nice healthy colour, so it can only be that the AG is a hungry mofo.

Here's the NL.
Screenshot_20220214-210433_Gallery.jpg

She looks a wierd colour, but that's my dodgy photography..

Here's a shot of them under the Awesome @Mars Hydro FC-E4800
Screenshot_20220214-210321_Gallery.jpg

Oh! I received my 420 Magazine goodies in the post. Only took just over a week to come from over the pond.. The quality of the gear is amazing. The Tshirts are super comfy and nicely tailored.

There was a fight over the 420 Mug..
There was blood and tears, but they were all mine, as the wifey won :confused:

Anyway, all top notch stuff.
Here's a picture of them
Screenshot_20220214-210530_Gallery.jpg

Yes, we have a 420 Magazine sticker in the bathroom and we are proud of it :cheesygrinsmiley:
They are stuck all over the house too.

Anyway, that's it for today folks.
As always, I thank you all for stopping by..

Catch you on your side

Take care

Paul

Paul!!! Did you slam the 420 mag sticker on those new tiles!!? :rofl:

Paul: Hey Mrs. Squigg! Look at the tiles now - 420mag sticker on it. Fancy innit???

Mrs: :eye-roll:

E: it was in the bathroom, realized now :laughtwo:

NL nugs getting dense!

You've got a couple of frosty survivors, Paul, and that's a good thing! :Rasta:

BTW, that T-shirt looks very well made. I've been craving one and now I've added the coffee mug to the crave list! :laughtwo:

And, that mask is not disguising you. I know exactly who you are!

Paul!!! Did you slam the 420 mag sticker on those new tiles!!? :rofl:

Paul: Hey Mrs. Squigg! Look at the tiles now - 420mag sticker on it. Fancy innit???

Mrs: :eye-roll:

E: it was in the bathroom, realized now :laughtwo:

NL nugs getting dense!
:rofl:
That was the exact look I got :rolleyes: :laugh:

Where did you get that mrs squigg emoji from by the way? :hmmmm:

Just wait till the kitchens finished.. 420 stickers are going to be the finishing touch :laugh:

Nugs are really dense mate. Heaviest things I've grown and the only thing that's changed is the @Mars Hydro light. So I can only thank that for these nice buds.
Because I'm still a useless fecker:laugh:

You've got a couple of frosty survivors, Paul, and that's a good thing! :Rasta:

BTW, that T-shirt looks very well made. I've been craving one and now I've added the coffee mug to the crave list! :laughtwo:

And, that mask is not disguising you. I know exactly who you are!

Hi mate.

Really frosty, I'm super happy in that way. I believe we share a brotherly bond on pests.
You are well prepared now, I'm still learning.
Saying that, I would burn the house down if I had the borg. So I commend you on your resilience on defeating them. Resistance is futile.. :laugh:

Oh! The T-shirt is awesome, I dont want to take it off, but the wife said 4 days of wearing it in a row is enough and I smell funny :rofl:

The Mug is a must have. If you order one, ask if they sell 420 baseball bats too, as you will need it to fight missus GDB off it:laugh:

I'm kind of freaked out by the mask collections you guys have. You like rob banks with those or you go to like these crazy parties or into some costume you know what or what :rofl:

Squig, your plants look beautiful despite the amount left. I have to agree with the 4800. Densest nugs to date under it. 100%

Back
Top Bottom