The Mars Hydro FC-E4800 Sponsored Grow Journal: 3 Classic Strains In Soil

Mars Hydro FC-E4800 sponsored journal

Strains - Alcapulco Gold, Jack Herer, Northern light
Light setting and height- Set at 100% @ 36 inches
Lux- ?
Medium - Off the shelf compost. Young seedling mix, young plant mix and mature plant compost
Nutrients- Off the shelf, liquid organic fruit and vegetable feed
Grow space - 1 metre x 1metre x 2metre
Extraction - AC infinity T6 with smart controller + Carbon filter
Final pot size - 20 litre, plastic
Temp - 27
Rh - between 42 an 58
Water - Bottled mineral

Hi Everyone, hope all is well with you lot.

Just a little update.
I've got on top of the thrip issue, by dabbing them off, no chemicals required. If any of you are wondering what thrip damage looks like, here it is.
DSC_0016.JPG

The ladies have now started wearing their party hats. Here is the AG
DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

And here is the NL
DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG
I've cranked the @Mars Hydro FC-E4800 up to 100% and the temperatures are perfect, its keeping the tent at a steady 27°C
DSC_0018.JPG

The driver isn't even getting hot, it's warm to the touch. Unlike that last thing I had, where I had to butcher the light to remove the drivers as they were scorchio.
Even if you did want to take the driver off this light, it is super simple. No tools required, it's a brilliant design.

Anyway, I'm miles behind on all your growings on as I'm busy ripping the kitchen out. I will definitely catch up though this week.

Here's a few random shots to finish
DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

As always, I thank you all for stopping by, I always appreciate it.

Take care

Paul
Good morning Paul. Hope you and the missus are well my friend. :love:

Stay safe
Bill

Hi Everyone
Super sorry for the late replies, I've barely had 5 mins to myself.
Looks wonderful in there my Mars friend
Thanks Mars Mate. They aren't dead yet, so alls great. Be over to yourside later to see whats been happening in your tents.
I think you can get that light down to 16" or so if you're willing to try.
I will drop it gradually, might aswell use the light to its full potential
Looking forward to seeing some flowers.
Me too, I'm really excited. Normally I've had a milion issues by now. Oh, I have had a million issues. But I'm still excited :cheesygrinsmiley:
They are beauties, sure loving that light
Good work mate
Thanks mate. It's the photography that makes them look better than they are. I've had a crash course in using a Nikon don't you know;)
Looking great Paul! Newest leaves very healthy looking
Cheers buddy. I'm happy that the little mag issue has gone. I rarely use any, because my water is loaded with the stuff, but it was only the NL that was showing the def. So she must like to eat more Magnesium than the other one. Thanks for looking out for me though. Appreciate it.
Hope you and the missus are well my friend. :love:
Hi Bill,
We are great thanks. Just still refitting the kitchen :confused: and getting nagged off the wifey.
Once the bong is lit, all the nagging just disappears into a distant mumble..
Hope yous are well too. I will come and checkout what you have been up to lately.
Take care, speak soon

Hey Squiggs! Hope the reno is going good!
Sorry I missed a bit of your journal- I recently unsubscribed from all my watched threads and right now I'm trying to re-add the current ones.
But I found yours and am back :ciao:

Good vibes always to you
Sending them back at ya mate :green_heart:
Hey Squiggs! Hope the reno is going good!
Sorry I missed a bit of your journal- I recently unsubscribed from all my watched threads and right now I'm trying to re-add the current ones.
But I found yours and am back :ciao:
Hey Rexer

No need to apologise, I totally understand how hectic this site gets and we tend to over stretch ourselves when it comes to keeping up with everyone's growing ons.
You haven't missed much, I've only killed 3 plants. Two where riddled with thrips and the blueberry reveg got a bit moldy.
Nice to hear from you anyway mate.

Oh! The renovation :rolleyes:
The wife's changed her mind a thousand times, but its always my fault as I didn't explain things properly:hmmmm:
So we have a half finished kitchen and we are living on takeaways at the moment. No cooking and no washing up to do, so I'm happy :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wooo-hooo success. Good job on the thrip fight. Sorry about the plant....but you got fire out of it and a cool photo lol. But the girls look great glad to see you and then are doing better.

Wooo-hooo success. Good job on the thrip fight. Sorry about the plant....but you got fire out of it and a cool photo lol. But the girls look great glad to see you and then are doing better.
Cheers mate. The thrip fight is tedious. Checking each leaf and dabbing them off. Each day they would come back , but i got there eventually. I've found loads stuck in the honey, so they either love honey or they are just stuck :laugh:

Light setting and height- Set at 100% @ 26 inches
Lux- ?
Medium - Off the shelf compost. Young seedling mix, young plant mix and mature plant compost
Temp - 27
Rh - between 42 an 58
Water - Bottled mineral

Hi everybody, I hope you are all nicely medicated.

Just a quick photo dump, not much to report.
The plants are happy, not a sickly leaf in sight so I'm happy, especially saying the nutrients are meant for potatoes.

They were flipped 15 days ago and this is the Alcapulco gold today
DSC_0026.JPG
DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG
The Northern light is a nice colour too. Here she is
DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

I've had the @Mars Hydro FC-E4800
DSC_0036.JPG
plugged into the watt-o-meter and it's drawing 481 Watts at the wall at 100%. Pretty impressive how precisely tuned this light is.

I've managed to totally eradicate the thrips (I hope) just by perseverance. But there's always a chance there's the odd one hiding somewhere. I've never seen an adult yet, but there could be one lurking somewhere.

I will finish off with a few random pictures.

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

Thanks for looking in everyone, I always appreciate it.

Take care
See you all on yourside

Paul

Lux- ?
Temp - 27
Rh - between 42 an 58
Water - Bottled mineral

Hi everybody, I hope you are all nicely medicated.

Just a quick photo dump, not much to report.
The plants are happy, not a sickly leaf in sight so I'm happy, especially saying the nutrients are meant for potatoes.

They were flipped 15 days ago and this is the Alcapulco gold today
DSC_0026.JPG
DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG
The Northern light is a nice colour too. Here she is
DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

I've had the @Mars Hydro FC-E4800
DSC_0036.JPG
plugged into the watt-o-meter and it's drawing 481 Watts at the wall at 100%. Pretty impressive how precisely tuned this light is.

I've managed to totally eradicate the thrips (I hope) just by perseverance. But there's always a chance there's the odd one hiding somewhere. I've never seen an adult yet, but there could be one lurking somewhere.

I will finish off with a few random pictures.

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

Thanks for looking in everyone, I always appreciate it.

Take care
See you all on yourside

Paul
Looking great in here

Looking great in here
Thanks mate.
They've been ridiculously slow growing, as I haven't had much time with them and they've been neglected. Mainly a massive underwatering problem; they've been drying out for too long at a time.
But, they are getting there.
But will they reach the finish line? My track record is far from perfect:laughtwo:

Thanks mate.
They've been ridiculously slow growing, as I haven't had much time with them and they've been neglected. Mainly a massive underwatering problem; they've been drying out for too long at a time.
But, they are getting there.
But will they reach the finish line? My track record is far from perfect:laughtwo:
We all go tru it I’m sure they will do amazing ! I’ve Ben dealing with a huge auto an there definitely has Ben days that bucket went dry on me she still goin strong

We all go tru it I’m sure they will do amazing ! I’ve Ben dealing with a huge auto an there definitely has Ben days that bucket went dry on me she still goin strong
They are tough little plants.
I like the sound of this huge Auto, how huge is huge?

They are tough little plants.
I like the sound of this huge Auto, how huge is huge?
Huge she is so big I’ll probably get close to a lb in yeild if not close

Looks amazing mate love it super healthy
Thanks mate. They've are extremely healthy for a change. Not one sickly leaf. I must be doing something right for once.. Nice to here from you anyway mate.

Hows the ladies? NL looks very compact and bushy plant.
Hey the NL is ridiculously compact, she's only in a 10 litre pot, so I wasn't expecting much..
The ladies are doing fine, thanks for asking. I will be posting an update within the hour. I have had a very nice surprise today and I can't wait to share it.
Speak soon brother

Beautiful work my friend. No matter what, you find a way to grow some alluring ladies.

Best to you and the Miss my Mars friend

Strains
- Alcapulco Gold, Jack Herer, Northern light
Lux- ?
Temp - 19 and 27°C
Rh - between 42 an 58
Water - Bottled mineral

Hi Everyone, how are you all doing?

It's all good news today. The thrip problem is virtually gone, I will find one or two larvae every other day. So it's drastically cut the numbers down.
Hopefully there's none hiding in the soil, waiting to sprout wings. It's a possibility I suppose.

Anyway.. the plants are super healthy, here is the Alcapulco gold
DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG
DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG
Here is the Northern light.
Shes a dumpy little thing, but she has tiny feet, so it's much to be expected
DSC_0059.JPG

Here's one under the awesome @Mars Hydro FC-E4800. Super sexy light :cheesygrinsmiley:
That's making the plants super frosty :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_0071.JPG

Anyhoo, I got a nice surprise today.
Rember a few weeks ago when I chucked out the Blueberry reveg, the Bluebery and the Moby dick, due to them being infested with Thrips. I burnt the reveg and the moby and I was going to do the same with the little blueberry but the weather was bad, so I left it with a plastic bag covering it, so the neighbours didn't see it.

I haven't been out in the back garden since then, as its just a winter dumping ground, but I went out early this morning to check on things and this is what I found

DSC_0076.JPG

The bag had blown off and the thing is still alive. The weather has been sort of OK for the end of winter here, lows of 2°C and highs of 14°C but she's made it through.
I don't know when the bag came off, so possibly that's protected her.

I've brought her inside and gave her a drink, but I'm unsure what to do with her incase she's infested with beasties.
DSC_0080.JPG

Shes a bit lime green, but I will give her some food and she should be back to full health in no time.
Should I risk putting her in the tent? Do you think the cold weather would have killed all the horrible creepy crawlies?

I can't bring myself to throwing her out after she's fought so hard to survive, so I'm in a bit of a quandary.

I have another tent, but its in the same room as the big tent and if she is crawling with creepiest, it's going to bugger up the other plants.

Anyway, that's it for today folks.

As always, I thank you all for popping in, I appreciate it

See you on your side

Paul

Back
Top Bottom