The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

@Granny420 completed a journal in which she used Colloidal Silver to force autos to produce seed. Granted this tikes time compared to cutting clones but...

BAR:tokin:....
.....:hippy:Sue's shoulder

I need 20" minimal clearance under this beautiful light panel. That means it has to be all the way up on the ceiling, as close as possible.

Challenge accepted and met.

image7496.jpeg

I also had my second brownie dose and I'd have to say Carnival makes good brownies.

All bagged up and ready for the next three days.

image7488.jpeg
I had a couple more deliveries today. The box of Sierra Naturals supplies came in yesterday, actually, but it got set aside in the excitement of the vaporizer. :laughtwo:

There's no picture because now I can't access photos. All day long it's been a battle. I can't post unless it's a reply and not even all the time with that. I can barely PM. I'm exasperated. *sigh*

There it is. :battingeyelashes: :love:

image7501.jpeg

The other delivery was my scrog kit.

image7497.jpeg

It fills the tent!

image7498.jpeg

image7499.jpeg

It fills the tent!!!

image7500.jpeg

It'll have to be a planned grow.

It's a sobering thing to realize how attached I've become to this community. Take away my access and initially I'm not very sweet at all. :laughtwo: I'm not really sure if it's a site issue or an issue with our system, but the problem's been chasing me all day. I never know what will get posted and what won't. For a while there today I couldn't log on. I keep looking for the pattern so I can anticipate, but it seems to be random. What joy. LOL!

We take this easy access so much for granted.

Edit:. I feel like a ghost, slipping in and out, never knowing if I'll be able to respond or speak out.

@Granny420 completed a journal in which she used Colloidal Silver to force autos to produce seed. Granted this tikes time compared to cutting clones but...

Seeds from autoflowers is quite significant. Because cloning autoflowers doesn't work well - the clones go directly into flower.

I'm going to check out your link :)

Finally able to post here! :slide: Wow! What a wicked ride. :laughtwo: That deserves a hit or two, even if it is 2:30 in the morning. ............

Well, now it's 3:00, but part of that time was spent working in the tents.

I put the filter and fan closer to the floor. I can direct air down with small clip fans.

image7507.jpeg

This way, the filter is down at trunk level and the fan becomes part of the canopy instead of the entire unit becoming a block for light trying to reach the canopy. This will work. :cheesygrinsmiley:

image7508.jpeg

The Advanced DS 350 requires a min. 20" to the canopy. To mark that distance I indulged my weakness for light passing through tiny pieces of colored glass and hung a strand of glass beads from the light panel.

image7509.jpeg

Now it's my responsibility to get the plants up to that level and keep it consistent. I can do that. :battingeyelashes:

image7510.jpeg

OK. One more thing figured out. Whew! :laughtwo:

It's 3:11. I'm going to get righteously ripped on this Nebula, listen to some music and Call it a night.

Goodnight neighbors. :love:

@ SweetS -- I like your glass bead marker. Adds much more flair than my temp probes, lol. Did you not see or like my filter idea? I cringe at that much space being used by a filter and fan. To each their own though! :love:

@Happy Hemper and Radogast....

That thread is what prompted me to buy CS. Trying to fem seed an auto or two is next on my list (fast/vast and dark devil). Not sure how I want to go about it though. Cross two fem seeds or try to self one. Right now I'm working on 3 photo strains and aaaaaalmost ready to start spraying one from each strain. I haven't been this excited about a cannabis growing project in some time. New territory for me. Light Addicts grafting project tickles me too. I've had that idea bubbling on the back burner of my mind for years.

:smokin:

For the fan and filter I would have the filter outside the tents and pull air from both tents with a "Y" shaped duct piece between them and small pieces of duct feeding into the one piece. Then I would have the fan attached to the "Y" and push air through the carbon filter which would be hung from the ceiling over the two tents with eye hooks and super strong and long zip ties.

This way there would be no reduction in garden space.

This way, the filter is down at trunk level and the fan becomes part of the canopy instead of the entire unit becoming a block for light trying to reach the canopy. This will work. :cheesygrinsmiley:

image7508.jpeg

Goodnight neighbors. :love:

I see what you are doing here :)
You are maximizing your tent height in exchange for giving up 1/4 of your grow space.
If you do the same with your second tent, that is giving up a lot.

I love your beaded distance guage :circle-of-love:

For the fan and filter I would have the filter outside the tents and pull air from both tents with a "Y" shaped duct piece between them and small pieces of duct feeding into the one piece. Then I would have the fan attached to the "Y" and push air through the carbon filter which would be hung from the ceiling over the two tents with eye hooks and super strong and long zip ties.

This way there would be no reduction in garden space.

That is a decent solution if you want to push through your filter. I'm not sure what that does to the life of your filter as you no longer have the pre-filter as a dust catcher. My thought would be to place a 2x4x2' high 'air scrubber' tent (or box) above the two tents with your fan and filter combo hanging in the center. Air ducts would go between the three tents with your air scrubber tent sucking air from the two standard tents.

Hey Sue. I usually find that having the filter at the top of the tent works best. Heat rises so you pull out the hot air instead of the cooler air near the bottom. Also, it will be hard to hang an LED above the fliter. :circle-of-love::peace:

An air scrubber box above the tents is consistent with the heat rises principle. As a seperate box, one could also wrap it with sound insulation as one doesn't need to go inside the scrubber very often - mostly to change the pre-filter after several months.

Unless one wants this temperature controlled, dark, well ventilated air scrubber area to also be a drying area - then one might go into it more often :)

I see what you are doing here :)
You are maximizing your tent height in exchange for giving up 1/4 of your grow space.
If you do the same with your second tent, that is giving up a lot.

I love your beaded distance guage :circle-of-love:

That is a decent solution if you want to push through your filter. I'm not sure what that does to the life of your filter as you no longer have the pre-filter as a dust catcher. My thought would be to place a 2x4x2' high 'air scrubber' tent (or box) above the two tents with your fan and filter combo hanging in the center. Air ducts would go between the three tents with your air scrubber tent sucking air from the two standard tents.

An air scrubber box above the tents is consistent with the heat rises principle. As a seperate box, one could also wrap it with sound insulation as one doesn't need to go inside the scrubber very often - mostly to change the pre-filter after several months.

Unless one wants this temperature controlled, dark, well ventilated air scrubber area to also be a drying area - then one might go into it more often :)

when I had a push set up I took the pre filter and folded it back on itself then taped it to make a cylinder that would push against the insides of the metal can. I then put a rim of aluminum tape on the inside of the filter to hold the prefilter in place. If I were to do it now I would just put prefilter at the duct openings in the tent to stop the dust before it even entered the system.

But I also like your idea Radogast! Especially if it incorporates a drying solution. Such a great place we have for the exchanging of ideas!

And this was exactly the discussion I had hoped to start. Let me back up and see if I can find your post about the filtration system Heirloom. I missed it somehow.

BRB.......

Yes, I did miss that Heirloom. That's close to what Rad put out there and it's what I've been looking at. We're talking about my first project with materials and tools I've avoided since his death, and I have to admit, it panics me a little bit to consider starting. I know once it get going the panic will subside, but damn! This is still rough, emotional shit.

I'm liking the idea of a couple cardboard boxes taped together to hide the unit and make it look like things in storage. I'll need support for the roof, I have the ductwork....... I need to sit down and think through supplies and get it done. This is definitely the optimal solution though. It frees up all the interior space. With a good enough plan I should be able to hook the tiny closet into it as well and filter all three spaces off the one unit. It's certainly powerful enough to do the job. This fan is a workhorse. I'm thankful to have such quality equipment.

Heirloom, I wish you were geographically closer too. :laughtwo: This job would be a snap for you. Thank you for the biochar. :hug: I'm really excited about adding that in.

image7527.jpeg

First job is base support. I'm thinking a couple 2x4s across the tops. I have some just the right size I believe. Once I have the unit up there on a secure base I can work on the cover box.

Rad, you got me thinking there about the drying space. Not a bad idea to attach a secondary box for drying. Hmmmm........ Interesting.

I love this community gardening approach. Thanks for the input guys. I can see it done in my mind's eye. Let me make it so.

My digital gremlin appears to have moved on to other pastures. God be with his latest victim. :straightface: That had the potential to be maddening beyond tolerable levels. Instead I just stayed buzzed and smiling. What a special hobby we have. :laughtwo:

Have a wonderful day everyone. That joy you feel bubbling below the surface wants to be set free, so do your best to share it all over as you make your way through your little slice of Paradise. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Coolio. This is a chance for you to be somewhat creative with the project and work things out :love:

My advice is watch the weight. Don't go overboard. Sounds like you're on the right track. If you get stuck, we're here to help you through!

Using existing materials is awesome. A tip to everybody when having to buy lumber.... 2x3's are a little cheaper and a little lighter, and still very strong. You just have to pick through them. Unless I'm really, really worried about strength or it's code, I frame most everything with 2x3 anymore. 2x2's would be adequate for the box.

:blushsmile:

You're welcome! Not many times you get to gift coal to someone, and they are thankful, lol.

Supergroomer, no I haven't gotten the recipe, unless it was when he told me to clean the distiller out with solvent and then put that into the pan before adding the brownie mix. He said I'd be the Queen of Brownies. :laughtwo: But I'm not sure if that was what he was referring to. We'll have to hound him. His access is so limited I hate to press him for anything yet.

Heirloom, I'm going to use cardboard, seal it all up nice and tight inside with silver tape at the seams and make it look like a set of stacked boxes. The runs can be hidden under additional boxes and it can all be connected together. In the end it'll look something like this.

image7528.jpeg

I can hinge an access panel for easy removal. I'll add smaller pieces as necessary.

What do you think guys?

Back
Top Bottom