The VipersNest Continuous

We are using a faucet filtration system, and soon switching to the under-counter 3 stage. I mention this as we have city water, which is basically deep well water with chlorine and florine added. A friend mentioned that the new chlorine being used bonds much tighter to the water molecule than the old chlorine did, thereby making it much more difficult to extract. The city's reasoning for this is that it last longer than the old chlorine and saves them money in the long run as they don't use as much. We are soil grows but still affected by the same issues. If you were to go to RO, you might consider using a 3 stage unit (cheaper) as a pre-filter so the RO would work much more efficiently. A decent 3 stage under-counter would run you around $150 bucks, through in a few replacement filters, say around $200 total. We are also blessed with having more natural PH fresh water than most, being surrounded by 3 of the Great Lakes. Probably why Nestle's has located their water bottling plant in mid Michigan. Just a thought to consider. Good luck brother.

I was having fast growth and good color until I added the Roots Excelurator into a newly filled res.

Yep. I had a guy explain this to me just yesterday, and while he went on for about 5 minutes explaining the different ways plants take in nutrition from the roots in soil vs. hydro.....the bottom line is that bacterial products are often problematic and even harmful in hydro. Good hydro nutes don't need them. They form sludge and clog lines and decrease the ability of the plant to take in nutrition.

Pit, I'm fairly certain that if you merely ditched the exelurator you'd be just fine.

The whole point of hydro is that you don't need all the bacteria and funghi. The whole point of dirt is that nothing will grow without them....the plants are taking in nutrition is totally different ways.

I honestly think it is the water sitch, I run the whole H&G line w/ R/O + all the lil extras. No issues, all great and clean. Like you said you've grown great(to say the least) grows w/ no problems before the switch. SO only oyu know what to really do in your guys position. Cant wait to see you choice and the outcome. I'm positive that your choice will push another AMAZING GROW.

all excellent info guys.....I dont want to have to go with an high capacity RO system just to run a specific brand of nutes. I am considering it but its not likely. I have grown some nice plants with my water now and I see no real reason to change my program again. I think that I will decide after this cycle is finishing before I make that change...I may just tweak the original nute mix somewhat that has served us so well.
A big thank you to all you guys that have researched and given me your input....

You go pit... LOL. I 've never had a problem with my plants and I use well water... If I had city I may get a merlin r/o system or have a seperate reservoir or two that I kept full on a regular basis to get rid of the shit the city puts into it... Anyway... good luck... hope to see some pics soon.

H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon:

why not just get two tc 501 whatever they ares? $$$ doesn't seem to be a prob, you got everything else? I mean, if it's the best thing you can have. I dunno. It's becoming more obvious to me why my bud isn't very stoney, I only just got a ph meter. sigh. I sure hope this round it gets better.

All you need is one of these:
rainmaker.png

100 Gallon per MINUTE! :rofl: And it'll run on 575v power. I know you need that as well.

Hey I think I remember you saying you use Liquid Light? Did you doa grow without it to compare? Either way do you like it a little or alot?

I can't complain Pit I live in portland area. And the tap is less than most bottle waters here. I got a sweet Premier Unit if you ever really need one. they are real reasonable.
I don't know if anyone can read this but heres our water. Hope someone can contact me and say if this is as good as I think. Thx Pit You da Man

Hey Pit as usual I am impressed, I have to hand it to you brother u fall on difficulty and many brothers and sisters reaching out to lend a hand. That to me is what 420Mag and MMJ is all about. I remember back in the 70's when I started smoking how most people would come together over most any problem to help out their fellow man, especially if they both had long hair, were anti establishment, or smoked grass. This camaraderie was lost in the Coca Cola explosion of the very early 80's and further complicated by other compounds and extracts of this, and over the counter remedies, in the mid 80's. Not all hope is lost however when I see so many who would take the time to scribble out a possible cure to what ails a brother I am very happy for you, this journal, and the other members who took the time to care. +REP to all.

On a lighter note refilled res without Roots Excelurator and no probs yet (this is a test I have used this product a few times with NO PROBLEMS) however when I add it again I will also post results and am watching closely. I was also thinking how are the roots mine are brown and sh*tty almost dead in appearance. Something happened in the res to cause these problems. The plants I removed from the table and watered with different Nutes sprung back and now have new roots that are healthy and white. Both plants on and off the tables are looking better I am only 24+hrs in tho.

Well it has taken me about three days to read this entire journal and all I can say is WOW. I am much impressed. My only complaint, and not that its even a real complaint is how many times people ask you the same questions. There is alot of valuable information in these pages and I understand people not wanting to sift through 174 pages of posts to find things.....it just got to me when someone asked you a question and 15 pages later the same question gets asked from someone else.

I applaud how helpful you are. If we all share our idea's and good and bad experiences it will do nothing but HELP the state of things. I am involved in a grow that I don't have much control over right now and hopefully after our next harvest I will be starting my own solo grow and look forward to the input of this community.

I gave you a five star rating and +rep for this because you ROCK Pit!

Well it has taken me about three days to read this entire journal and all I can say is WOW. I am much impressed. My only complaint, and not that its even a real complaint is how many times people ask you the same questions. There is alot of valuable information in these pages and I understand people not wanting to sift through 174 pages of posts to find things.....it just got to me when someone asked you a question and 15 pages later the same question gets asked from someone else.

I applaud how helpful you are. If we all share our idea's and good and bad experiences it will do nothing but HELP the state of things. I am involved in a grow that I don't have much control over right now and hopefully after our next harvest I will be starting my own solo grow and look forward to the input of this community.

I gave you a five star rating and +rep for this because you ROCK Pit!

thanx man.
yes the questions are repeated but thats one of the downsides of a lengthy journal....I have no problem if someone doesnt read thru it....I just smile and answer again
:thanks:

Damn Id get them into some 5 gallon or larger containers. They gonna get large.

I was thinking the exact same thing..Im not worried about height but I am worried about being rootbound:thanks:

another point though...the 1 free fem LA Woman seed that gave me 3 seperate fully formed seedlings are kicking ass....they look like lil skunk cabbages. dont know if anyone remembers that happening. Ill dig up a pic on that. Its one of the coollest things Ive ever seen myself...that seed is worth ALOT of money
1_17_2.jpg

005263.JPG

004269.JPG

003276.JPG

Glad to see you are back up and running!!! Do you run 24/0 in veg to limit root growth and push vegetation?

Do you have problems with too many roots in Ebb and Flow, is that why you are blooming earlier than normal?

Just curious.

:peace: brother.

Back
Top Bottom