Tony Sussan's Sealed Sea Of Green!

Hey all you trippers anyone got any suggestions for a light for veg? I am currently using led panel but i am thinking about switching it out to give me another light for flowering. Not sure what to do for the best so fling some ideas at me. Veg area is aprrox 4ftx4ft and about 4ft high. I would like another led panel for veg specific lighting but funds are low after pumping some serious cash into this space! But i am open to all ideas!:thumb:

Word Tony, have your lights been that high all the time looks good now, close too canopy. But if they where put in as clones at same hight, that could explain the stretch. Gotta keep em as close as possible the first three weeks, and raise them a little every other day as they grow too reduce stretch, but you probarly already know this.. :Namaste:

Hey Tony; you could lst them to bring them down sideways and out so the main top and branches spread out radially from the pot and give a more even canopy. You may have to spread the plants out a bit as they'll take up more space sideways, but the height will be reduced and the lower bud sites would get more light.
As they're already in flower I'm not sure about super cropping but lst shouldn't do any harm.

I agree with Green Knight ... or since you have SPACE set up a scrog!!

Plants and pics looking awesome :cheesygrinsmiley:

supercrop em bro! 1 week into flower is still early enough for them to completely recover and benefit from the extra hormones that get sent to the damaged branches.as for the veg lighting maybe just some t5's for now,but the company I deal with for my lights told me they will build a veg spectrum light in the same case as the a/f 600 for me, the core footprint would be 4x4.Lifetime warranty with a 90 day money back guarantee so you can use them for a full grow and if you dont like em send em back for a full refund:)pm me if you want some info im on a first name basis with the sales manager.Im definetely getting that veg light for my 4x4 table in the near future,maybe I can talk him into a discount if we both got them.I would like my whole set-up to be led.I got a substantial discount for doing the youtube vids for them as well,maybe something like that can be arranged with you:hmmmm:

ps: they have offices in Europe and spain as well as Canada and shipping is free:)

For a 4x4 area I would just use florescent shop lights, I use them in my 4x4 tent and they work fine, for the money it's my best option. People may say not to use them, but I've had great results for years like this. I'll sometimes throw in a 90w UFO led too. I thin I would put 3 or4 4 ft shop lights over your 4x4 area. Good luck

Hey Guys thanks for the advice! Only problem with doing lst or superdrop with those lanky clones is they really supposed to be the start of a sea of green. I have had to get the lights so high now that i dont really wanna stick any of my other batch of clones under the same light as i dont want them to suffer the same fate. I thought i had the light close enough as manufacturer states they really should be 24inches from the canopy. Oh well tis a learning curve! :thanks:

I am just reluctant to keep feeding the damn things if they gonna cause me trouble. For the sake of 6 clones that were just a bonus and thrown in i not really sure i wanna change my plans too much to accomodate them. Oh well i give em another day or 2 then make the decision!

Could u put the stretched clones over with the "rejected moms" that are flowering? Maybe put them on a milk crate or something to keep them even with the bigger plants? But I do agree that it's not worth messing with your overall plan to accommodate a few clones. Good luck

Could u put the stretched clones over with the "rejected moms" that are flowering? Maybe put them on a milk crate or something to keep them even with the bigger plants? But I do agree that it's not worth messing with your overall plan to accommodate a few clones. Good luck

Tony im betting those clones would not have stretched so bad if they were in bigger pots!

No matter everyone I have chucked the six stretched clones. The pots are fine for a sea of green grow its a proven method and well documented on this site. It is simply a case of vegging them too long befrore i put em in flower. They had hit 10" when put in. They were also the first clones from one of my remaining potential mothers i am vegging at the moment. I have just put some younger clones in and if they stretch as much or and as quick it was defiantly an expression of genetics as that mother displays a sativa influence the other is much more indica to look at.

Well Tony, Where to begin!!
Firstly Ill say good one for the flowering girls you have going.. And about the clones, well its your call mate, if theyre not looking the part - scrap the ones you want to and keep your best.
You seem to have a good space, maybe a little low on height, but still, you should be able to LST or SOG some decently..
About lighting, I bought some ceramic based bedside lamps, for bout $8 ea, then I CAREFULLY broke the base to extract the cord and socket fixture for the globe. BUT CAREFUL NOT TO DAMAGE THE CORD DURING REMOVAL - If you get say 4 of them, and buy 2- twin socket extensions, so thatll run 8 CFL's. I use a Hi-output CFL to raise my girls and they LOVE IT!! If you had a combo of 6500k's and maybe 1 or 2 2500k's for another spectrum mix, you can get a cheap and effective lighting system, you just have to sort out how you are going to set the lights up some you can just free - hang above the plant and maybe 1 either side for side lighting?? JUST AN IDEA THAT I USE!!
Whatever you decide, Goodluck and I hope to see some full buds soon.. Take it easy mate. Smokemup!

Back
Top Bottom