Top Secret Government Lab: High Brix Quadline: G13 Haze!

Nice Magoo! It’s funny isn’t it. Places that have legalised have folks needing to be careful to stay within the law - in terms of plant numbers and whether you can grow outside or not etc. Wheras for others, well, we are totally outside the law from the outset... so might as well grow a forest!

Excited for you first HB run :slide: nothing for you to do now for the next few weeks... :D

In a nutshell it’s a form of mainlining where the plant is topped at the 4th node. 1st and 2nd node are removed leaving only 3rd and 4th nodes. Those branches are trained outward while maintaining an even canopy. Defoliation is a major part of this method as well. I’ll post a series of photos from my last grow below.

I also liek to let it go to the 6 th node then cut down to 4 th . Let’s the root get more established i think and less stress at early age maybe less hermie? Stunting ?

Nice Magoo! It’s funny isn’t it. Places that have legalised have folks needing to be careful to stay within the law - in terms of plant numbers and whether you can grow outside or not etc. Wheras for others, well, we are totally outside the law from the outset... so might as well grow a forest!

Excited for you first HB run :slide: nothing for you to do now for the next few weeks... :D
Thanks Amy! I’m excited too!

I also liek to let it go to the 6 th node then cut down to 4 th . Let’s the root get more established i think and less stress at early age maybe less hermie? Stunting ?
That’s a good thought Joe! I can’t remember if I let the 5th set of leaves come all the way out before topping or not. With the kit there is a veg calendar and a flower calendar. I think the Veg stage of drenches for the High Brix starts at 5th set of leaves. So maybe I can at least get the first transplant drench in and destress foliar and then top.

Thanks KB for asking what the quad line thing is and thanks Magoo for the pictorial! Awesome job! I'd love to try that sometime!

:passitleft:
I’m an advocate! Lol. :passitleft:

G13 Haze
Seedling Day 2

Not a whole lot to report on yet. She’s come out strong though. Humidity in the tent is only 31 but I have her under a little homemade dome so she’s getting plenty of moisture for now. Here’s a couple pics!
B99A08E2-92FA-4DCB-8E95-4CC599883430.jpeg
99DF7321-20C3-43B5-8940-CC0139075B76.jpeg

G13 Haze
Seedling Day 2

Not a whole lot to report on yet. She’s come out strong though. Humidity in the tent is only 31 but I have her under a little homemade dome so she’s getting plenty of moisture for now. Here’s a couple pics!

Lol love the cup. This is the first time i seen sum1 do the same thing im doing. I was putting them into clear plastic bags but it was getting to be to much to deal with with all the bags everywhere plus it was taking up alot of xtra room an was noisy as shit wen the fans would turn on lol

G13 Haze
Seedling Day 2

Be careful. Everytime I tried to use domes, plant took burns and ended up looking weird for a while. Also growth slowed down as well. A big shock for them when the time to remove the dome comes...
Now my curent grow humidity is between 35 and 40. And the 3 weeks old plant is just fine.
Just my 2 cents :)

Be careful. Everytime I tried to use domes, plant took burns and ended up looking weird for a while. Also growth slowed down as well. A big shock for them when the time to remove the dome comes...
Now my curent grow humidity is between 35 and 40. And the 3 weeks old plant is just fine.
Thanks! The dome won’t be on much longer. I have a humidifier that will be in play after that, so hopefully it won’t be such a drastic change. Fingers crossed!

I only use the cup wen i plant the seed. An as it pops up first week N sometimes into week 2 but not much after tht. There was like 2 times or sumthn where i had to prop one of the little ones like tht up with a popcicle stick. But 4 the most part they do jus fine on ther own at tht time so cup comes off lol.

Is it normal for a seedling to be showing burn on these leaves at this point with the kit?
7ABEB050-3C3A-49A7-8FFC-BD24350621F0.jpeg
picture quality isn’t the best. There is more brown than appears in the pic.

Humidity is running 58-75 and lights are set to veg and sitting ~18 inches from plant. Just Incase anyone thinks that may play a part. Thanks Joe. Also looks like the tiny new growth is dark and one side has a small twist. Hopefully it will be more visible this afternoon.

Humidity is running 58-75 and lights are set to veg and sitting ~18 inches from plant. Just Incase anyone thinks that may play a part. Thanks Joe. Also looks like the tiny new growth is dark and one side has a small twist. Hopefully it will be more visible this afternoon.
I'd consider going up on the light with them that young unless it's fluorescent.

I'd consider going up on the light with them that young unless it's fluorescent.
Thanks Stone! After my last post I went ahead and raised them up to about 30”. I lowered the light when I took the humidity dome off and that’s when it started I suppose. Must have been pushing it there. Speaking of humidity and lights...is it ok to put the humidifier in the tent? I opted against it last grow because I wasn’t sure if higher humidity would effect the light. But I’m not able to get it as high as I’d like this time so far.

Thanks Stone! After my last post I went ahead and raised them up to about 30”. I lowered the light when I took the humidity dome off and that’s when it started I suppose. Must have been pushing it there. Speaking of humidity and lights...is it ok to put the humidifier in the tent? I opted against it last grow because I wasn’t sure if higher humidity would effect the light. But I’m not able to get it as high as I’d like this time so far.
Lights can be tricky. 30 inches should do it. What wattage is it in the veg setting? Mine are 288w at the wall cob's and I go 4 feet until I see the first set of real leaves, then never under 24 unless space dictates.

Is it normal for a seedling to be showing burn on these leaves at this point with the kit?
7ABEB050-3C3A-49A7-8FFC-BD24350621F0.jpeg
picture quality isn’t the best. There is more brown than appears in the pic.
That is the dome consequences for ya... check my LED journals if you're not too lazy :) one of the plants shape should surprise you :)

Edit:

Not only dome but lights/heat as well. However, everything else being the same, without the dome that wouldn't have happened, I am pretty sure about that.

Back
Top Bottom