Trala’s Tent

What an honour it was to grow this girl! Big thank you to @stinker la Rue for sharing his Barney’s Farm with me. Those genetics are 🔥🔥🔥

She was a motherfucker to trim tho lollll

Jojo Bee aka TropicanNa Banana
Regular Clone
Flip Age: 80 Days
Days in Flower: 56

IMG_20230920_110343_resized_20230920_111044277.jpeg
IMG_9546.jpeg

🌸🌸🌸

I thought I’d throw together a little show and tell on how I dry. I live in Queensland, Australia where it gets proper hot. Not this bullshit 30 degrees uk hot either lol. Like proper. Your bud can legit dry out in a day. Through this forum I learned about the Fridge Dry. I’ll find the link later. This is my twist on it. Not suggesting it’s the way, it’s just my way.

I live to be organised. I look after my things, whether that be a paper bag or a diamond ring, so I look after and reuse my bags. I first cut my bud down to baggable sizes, the size I want to jar it. That means dismantling those beautiful Coca colas.

First I get ready:-

IMG_20230920_111503_resized_20230920_115041956.jpeg

Then I weigh 100g/3.5oz per bag. I try and keep similar size buds together

IMG_20230920_112923_resized_20230920_115042673.jpeg

Then I clip with matching clips coz I’m xTra as fuck lolling!

IMG_20230920_112947_resized_20230920_115042371.jpeg

Today I was lucky enough to bag and tag 600g/1.3lb of really nice fresh bud

IMG_20230920_113317_resized_20230920_115041568.jpeg

Then it’s fridge. I used to fuck about shaking, turning twice daily blah blah, now I shut the door and come back to it for a squiz in 7/8 days. By 10 days it’s usually done.

IMG_20230920_113627_resized_20230920_115042978.jpeg

The idea with a low and slow is to go from the fridge to the jar, no burping, then cure. Time and harvests have taught me exactly how the bud should feel. Tbh it feels ruined, but you put it in that jar and it goes from fail, coz it’s sitting in the jar at 35% humidity and crispy as, to fuck me dead! Yeah boiiiiii, coz it slowly climbs to 62% humidity in dem jars! And that’s where it stays.

Like anything it takes time and practice to master, but once you’ve got it, you’ve got it.

Just thought I’d share in case someone was interested.
Thanks for that! OK... now to adapt this to my reality.

In my case, it would be a mini fridge (3.3 cu. ft.) – the kind with the little open freezer shelf at the top. The freezer would collect the moisture as ice – so, very dry indeed. I could run it same as your temp, around 38°F (3.3°C).

My bags would be smaller I guess, and I may need to get creative with the shelves. Bud capacity would be less than yours. But I guess same process... just leave them in there for a week or so, then check and "stir" them a bit.

When your bags are laying flat in the fridge, are the buds forming a single layer on the bottom? Loose or tight?

In my case I'm vaping not smoking, so I like buds crispy dry so they're easy to grind up in the grinder. I'm guessing that after the 10 days in the fridge, I would just put in jars w/ moisture packets added as I usually do.

Any comments or suggestions much appreciated! thanks :ciao:

PS> love your sweet and beautiful presentation, Trala! 💗

Bought ‘em ✔️

Are you forgetting which thread you are in?! We’re all about the chocolate starfish/arsehole in here!

I’ll get the ball rolling!

What is the first thing I do with my arsehole every morning?
I pack his lunch and send him to work!

Lollinggggggg!
Well the Broncos are in the GF mate!!
They look like they have a decent chance but I think the Panthers will be too Good!!
Ya reckon the Bronks can get up?

Greetings Tala! 👋
I love your little grow space, so clean and organized. And you obviously take a lot of pride in your garden.
I'm a little late to the show, reading back and trying to catch up, forgive me if I missed something.
Watched your video and it looks like you're having issues with your Do si Dos auto?
Looks to me like its reacting to over fertilization. Your other 2 plants look to be enjoying the buffet.
Perhaps give her a good flush and maybe dilute her feed to 1/2 strength when feeding them all the same nutrients.
I think Sativa was the word you were looking for? :passitleft:

Hey Sis. Still here giggling my guts out. Things lookin awesome as always. Gnats fuck me a bit but all good now. Baby’s didn’t like to be drowned but here they are.
Sort of goin Broncos but Penrith fuckin good.
Someone win I’ll get messy either way. GO PARRAMATTA. Oh how’s ya colon?? Got a letter to front other day. Sucks getting old. But probably more fun than being young today. World a bit fucked. Least we all good. Have fun. Hi to everyone reading this and happy growing 👌🇦🇺

image.jpg

Hey Sis. Still here giggling my guts out. Things lookin awesome as always. Gnats fuck me a bit but all good now. Baby’s didn’t like to be drowned but here they are.
Someone win I’ll get messy either way. GO PARRAMATTA. Oh how’s ya colon?? Got a letter to front other day. Sucks getting old. But probably more fun than being young today. World a bit fucked. Least we all good. Have fun. Hi to everyone reading this and happy growing 👌🇦🇺

image.jpg
Very nice outlook ya got there mate! 👍

Happy Sunday! Or as I call it Nurse Friday! Omg had the funniest thing happen today, a few of us nurses were with the consultant discussing a particularly difficult patient (not mine thank fuck)

Doctor: look it’s classic case of Fith Syndrome and unfortunately most times there is no cure.
*nurses around me nod in serious agreement*
Me: I’ve never heard of it. What is Fith Syndrome?
Doctor: Fucked In The Head Syndrome

So fucking funny. Doctors aren’t known for humour.

Anyhoo on with the show!

Sunday Summary

Omg everything is going really, I don’t want to jinx it and say soooooo good so I’ll just say well lolllll! Greens are on fleek. Every single one!

And I have 3 and 3! The goal! The perpetual perpetuation! I have two 12:12 kinds and one auto in each grow space and I’m stoked!

🤍❤️🤍

🌹The Bloom Room

This freaky freak is still freaking. Fattest Coca-Cola I’ve grown yet! They’re so thick! She still looks weird. I’m thinking a genetic misfire. If she were human you’d be recounting chromosomes.

Winter Bee aka Do Si Dos Auto
Barney’s seed from Sponsors Barney’s Farm
Days in Flower: 36

IMG_9609.jpeg

Absolute queen. I need to clone her before it’s too late. I might do it tomoz.

Liberty Bee aka White Widow
Seed from The PNW Seed Fairy
Flip Age: 65 Days
Days in Flower: 12

IMG_9614.jpeg

This girl smells so unbelievably good. Her mother was a stunner and Fran is proving the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Francesca Bee aka Biscotti Mintz
Monstercropped Clone
Flip Age: 49 Days
Days in Flower: 20

IMG_9605.jpeg

🤍💚🤍

🌱 The Veg Tent

Tiger is shaping up. She will be the end of my Tropicana Banana line so I hope I can make her sing. I still have another 30 days of Veg to CarCanopy her.

Tiger Bee aka Tropicanna Banana
Regular Clone

IMG_9623.jpeg

Flowers are slowly building. She’s nothing extraordinary yet tho.

Lilly Bee aka Limited Edition Northern Lights X Big Bud Auto
SeedMan Seed from Sponsors SeedMan’s Seeds
Days in Flower: 9

IMG_9620.jpeg

Luna proving I can’t train a seed for shit. To quadline or not to quadline. That is the question…

Luna Bee aka Mimosa X Orange Punch
Barney’s seed from Sponsors Barney’s Farm

IMG_9624.jpeg

Thanks for having a look and growing with me. You guys really do rock! I just love ya guts! Xo

In my case, it would be a mini fridge (3.3 cu. ft.) – the kind with the little open freezer shelf at the top. The freezer would collect the moisture as ice – so, very dry indeed. I could run it same as your temp, around 38°F (3.3°C).

My bags would be smaller I guess, and I may need to get creative with the shelves. Bud capacity would be less than yours. But I guess same process... just leave them in there for a week or so, then check and "stir" them a bit.

When your bags are laying flat in the fridge, are the buds forming a single layer on the bottom? Loose or tight?

In my case I'm vaping not smoking, so I like buds crispy dry so they're easy to grind up in the grinder. I'm guessing that after the 10 days in the fridge, I would just put in jars w/ moisture packets added as I usually do.

Any comments or suggestions much appreciated! thanks :ciao:

PS> love your sweet and beautiful presentation, Trala! 💗
I’m a bit time poor. I’ll answer you tomorrow :)

Well the Broncos are in the GF mate!!
They look like they have a decent chance but I think the Panthers will be too Good!!
Ya reckon the Bronks can get up?
Yeah boiiii!

Brisbane is my city. I was actually born in the Mater lol!

NRL AFL quinella bruv!

Let’s go Bronco! And up the fucking lions!

Greetings Tala! 👋
I love your little grow space, so clean and organized. And you obviously take a lot of pride in your garden.
I'm a little late to the show, reading back and trying to catch up, forgive me if I missed something.
Watched your video and it looks like you're having issues with your Do si Dos auto?
Looks to me like its reacting to over fertilization. Your other 2 plants look to be enjoying the buffet.
Perhaps give her a good flush and maybe dilute her feed to 1/2 strength when feeding them all the same nutrients.
I think Sativa was the word you were looking for? :passitleft:
Hi there :)

Thanks for taking the time to have a look. And thanks for the feedback. I’ll consider it :)

image.jpg
Hey Clint!

Get a journal going bruv! We all want to see you make those cuties sing!

_________________💚💚💚_________________​

Right it’s a quickie from me! I’m off to get a bit lit! I’ll see you menagerie of misfits tomorrow! Have the best night ever!

Xo

Happy Sunday, Tra... Great summary and pics. Like a mag spread. :thumb:

The Mimosa x Orange P. was my favorite of mine for the longest time. The terps and all the rest are good!

I’m a bit time poor. I’ll answer you tomorrow :)

Yeah boiiii!

Brisbane is my city. I was actually born in the Mater lol!

NRL AFL quinella bruv!

Let’s go Bronco! And up the fucking lions!

Hi there :)

Thanks for taking the time to have a look. And thanks for the feedback. I’ll consider it :)

Hey Clint!

Get a journal going bruv! We all want to see you make those cuties sing!

_________________💚💚💚_________________​

Right it’s a quickie from me! I’m off to get a bit lit! I’ll see you menagerie of misfits tomorrow! Have the best night ever!

Xo
You more of an AFL or nrl girl mate??

That’s the way. I tweaked the steps to suit my grow style
Yeah I think the secret is no drips.
If you spend some time in Sue’s thread you’ll see there are lots of options. I’ve even seen people hang branches in the shelves. No bags at all.
Single layer and looseish. I put 100g wet in each bag.
I never need moisture packets. Mine sit between 60% and 62%. I keep my jars in a darkened small cupboard under my stairs that stays quite cool.

Most fun journal still Tra! Congrats on no nasty bits in there!:headbanger: Good living! 🥝🍎🍓🍇:meditate: It reflects in your beautiful garden! :thumb:
Thank you Mr Oh! Oh! Oh!
Happy Sunday, Tra... Great summary and pics. Like a mag spread. :thumb:

The Mimosa x Orange P. was my favorite of mine for the longest time. The terps and all the rest are good!
Thank you la Rue :)

Her shape is all wrong. I’m thinking of quadlining, like I did the white widow.

You more of an AFL or nrl girl mate??
NRL.

Omg this day! I’m loving it!

I went for a walk with a gf and took a pic to share with you. This was the starting point. We walked from the river to the ocean. 20km there and back. Mint weather too. I love spring so much! 🏖️ 🌼 🧡

IMG_9642.jpeg

Get home and there’s a package, it’s my ✨ Sparkle Pants ✨

They fit like a sparkley glove!

Went to check on the girls and I see a possible little monster waving at me. So I did a cheeky monstercrop of my White Widow. Monstercropped usually take me around 6-8 weeks to strike, so if I’m lucky enough to wake her, she will fit right in perpetually.

IMG_20230926_124827_resized_20230926_125506644.jpeg
IMG_20230926_125237_resized_20230926_125506261.jpeg

Now it’s time to lay on the couch, eat Cheetos and watch Netflix! Hope your day is brimming with things that make you smile too.

Oiii and here a good solid Aussie song, legit just started playing on my Spotify. It will get you into the summer feels. I’ve been to Ocean Grove. It’s a great weekender. Hope you enjoy it :)

Omg this day! I’m loving it!

I went for a walk with a gf and took a pic to share with you. This was the starting point. We walked from the river to the ocean. 20km there and back. Mint weather too. I love spring so much! 🏖️ 🌼 🧡

IMG_9642.jpeg

Get home and there’s a package, it’s my ✨ Sparkle Pants ✨

They fit like a sparkley glove!

Went to check on the girls and I see a possible little monster waving at me. So I did a cheeky monstercrop of my White Widow. Monstercropped usually take me around 6-8 weeks to strike, so if I’m lucky enough to wake her, she will fit right in perpetually.

IMG_20230926_124827_resized_20230926_125506644.jpeg
IMG_20230926_125237_resized_20230926_125506261.jpeg

Now it’s time to lay on the couch, eat Cheetos and watch Netflix! Hope your day is brimming with things that make you smile too.

Oiii and here a good solid Aussie song, legit just started playing on my Spotify. It will get you into the summer feels. I’ve been to Ocean Grove. It’s a great weekender. Hope you enjoy it :)

Very nice pictures Trala.

been wondering if the bags are necessary or how they contribute to the process.
Is it just to avoid contamination or to wick moisture?
(Edited: Gotta add in. everything in italics....)

At first I would put the harvest in the brown paper bags and then put those on a shelf or out of the way spot where the temperatures stayed room temp, the humidity was not very high and no direct light on the bag. The bags helped keep light off but the big thing was that they were part of the way to control the humidity inside the bag. I will also leave many buds on stems as another way to control humidity.

Now my drying method is to put the bags in the kitchen fridge. Once I got used to the fridge it became an easy no-brain method. Put the bag in and walk away for days at a time.

I've stopped checking the bags everyday. It seems to take a solid week before the loss of moisture is enough to notice. Then another week and check again. That second time I will probably take the bag out and put it on the kitchen table for a couple of hours to warm the buds up. Then the way the buds feel will give me an idea if they are ready or more time in the fridge is needed. Longest I have ever gone is 3 and a 1/2 weeks in the fridge and another 1/2 week sitting on the table.

The Bloom Room plants are looking great Tra (as usual!), and writing 420 to cross that line in the sand at the half way point of the walk shows excellent creative energy, nice view!
Good morning Stung!

I really missed your input during your hibernation. It’s so nice to see you out and about and getting ready to get your grow ornnnnn!

Your plants have never been happier Tra Sparklepants!
Those pants bruv.

And it was a risk. Buying online I mean. We have all felt that devastation when what you see isn’t what you get!

IMG_9650.jpeg

Very nice pictures Trala.
It was a mint day. And it’s looking like today will be another corker!

Fekkin beautiful my friend
Yeah boiiiiiiii!

I've been spelling wrong this whole time :rofl: :thanks: Fek hehe.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Hi Bill :)

Hope you’re living your best life :)

(Edited: Gotta add in. everything in italics....)

At first I would put the harvest in the brown paper bags and then put those on a shelf or out of the way spot where the temperatures stayed room temp, the humidity was not very high and no direct light on the bag. The bags helped keep light off but the big thing was that they were part of the way to control the humidity inside the bag. I will also leave many buds on stems as another way to control humidity.

Now my drying method is to put the bags in the kitchen fridge. Once I got used to the fridge it became an easy no-brain method. Put the bag in and walk away for days at a time.

I've stopped checking the bags everyday. It seems to take a solid week before the loss of moisture is enough to notice. Then another week and check again. That second time I will probably take the bag out and put it on the kitchen table for a couple of hours to warm the buds up. Then the way the buds feel will give me an idea if they are ready or more time in the fridge is needed. Longest I have ever gone is 3 and a 1/2 weeks in the fridge and another 1/2 week sitting on the table.
Good morning Smoking Wings :)

Thanks for helping put. You really are a great member. I’ve learned lots from you :)

Back
Top Bottom