Troy's 2nd - Autos - DP Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle, RQS Diesel

They may be on cruise control for now but I'm sure keeping an eye on them. I saw a little burn on one of Dee's shoots last evening. The only thing that was new was I had added Silica Blast ... I did a deep flush and they are looking good. I'm wondering if I gave it to them too early. That was the only plant that seemed to mind.

I'm running my nutes at about 800 ppm and using PH Perfect CoCo so do keep an eye on the PH. I've also been adding Cal-Mag with each water.
Silica blast can cause some ph swing. So try to use small amounts and sparingly. Just not sure how it does with the Ph perfect since it's very alkaline and will raise Ph. Personally I like about 600 ppm at this point but your plants don't seem to be complaining so just keep at it!

Yep they'll be off to the races in no time! Looking good Troy

Silica blast can cause some ph swing. So try to use small amounts and sparingly. Just not sure how it does with the Ph perfect since it's very alkaline and will raise Ph. Personally I like about 600 ppm at this point but your plants don't seem to be complaining so just keep at it!

Thanks for the input. I'll check the PH after adding Silica Blast to my tap water. My tap water is about 165 ppm. After adding Perfect PH my PH usually runs about 6.8 which is a little higher than what most recommend for hydro but those that I have read say PH should not be adjusted with that product. What's your opinion?

No that's perfect . I haven't used ph pen in two years s buddy . ...

Cal mag daily is like cheap insurance ..

Never had ph down your just over the range 150 ppm of tap lol or me I'm 170 ish now still no ph issues i can see. I have some sad claw leafs floor. To high heat temp or over nitro .

So your doing right if you do not balance ph perfect with down .pennywise will agree as well if he is wrong then I'd be dang .

Careful with adding too much silica.. can imbalance other nutes and cause issues. As adding too much of anything can. They dont need a lot of it.. just a drop or two per liter of water, always remember to add first and let sit for 15 minutes cause it creates some sort of protective shield around the molecules and then helps attach others to it. Add too much, it creates too much of a shield and nothing can get through it.. imo.

Lol. What they said .. I think penny(?) ran into some issues with silica blast. Or maybe it was toast? Idk point being stick with the 1 to 2 drops and follow toasteds advice. I don't/ haven't used it. Simply passing on what info my medicated mind will remembers.

As far as Ph perfect. Avoid the Ph up and down. If you base water is between 5 and 7(not exact numbers from AN just an approximation) your good to go.

Yep they'll be off to the races in no time! Looking good Troy

Lol. What they said .. I think penny(?) ran into some issues with silica blast. Or maybe it was toast? Idk point being stick with the 1 to 2 drops and follow toasteds advice. I don't/ haven't used it. Simply passing on what info my medicated mind will remembers.

As far as Ph perfect. Avoid the Ph up and down. If you base water is between 5 and 7(not exact numbers from AN just an approximation) your good to go.

I will keep an eye on the Silica Blast and making sure I only use a couple drops. The flushing seemed to do the trick. Their was only on shoot that had some tip burn - interestingly it was the shoot I accidently broke off and grafted it back on. It's is looking good today and the new growth don't exhibit any further damage. Yea!

Yea dont ph your ph perfect nutes... i know its hard.. very tempting when your plants are having issues but usually too many nutes is the problem.

I will stop PHing while using PH Perfect. You are right, it is difficult to fix something that isn't broken. As long as the plants are doing well I'll just be happy.

I decided to let them dry out today a little today after their flushing yesterday. All are looking good and they seem to love the new COB's.

No that's perfect . I haven't used ph pen in two years s buddy . ...

Cal mag daily is like cheap insurance ..

Thanks - OK--- PH out and I'll make sure I keep using Cal Mag.

I will stop PHing while using PH Perfect. You are right, it is difficult to fix something that isn't broken. As long as the plants are doing well I'll just be happy.

I decided to let them dry out today a little today after their flushing yesterday. All are looking good and they seem to love the new COB's.
Grats on the new lights .... Your doing great tho. No need to change much. Just want you to avoid mistakes myself and others have made :high-five:

Grats on the new lights .... Your doing great tho. No need to change much. Just want you to avoid mistakes myself and others have made :high-five:

Thanks MadDabber - Definitely want to avoid any mistakes and appreciate the pointers.

I will keep an eye on the Silica Blast and making sure I only use a couple drops. The flushing seemed to do the trick. Their was only on shoot that had some tip burn - interestingly it was the shoot I accidently broke off and grafted it back on. It's is looking good today and the new growth don't exhibit any further damage. Yea!

I've noticed in pro mix hp and soil outdoors in ground soil nothing added . That silica blast spiked and burned my plants . but I've been adding it once a week at 1 ml per gal no issues to report thus far .

I've noticed in pro mix hp and soil outdoors in ground soil nothing added . That silica blast spiked and burned my plants . but I've been adding it once a week at 1 ml per gal no issues to report thus far .

That's good to hear. I'm growing in CoCo.

I use to use the product when I was breeding Orchids. It helped harden the plants and protected them from frost if night time temperature dropped. With the orchids I use to apply it as a foliar spray.

Yea i had problems using silica.. mainly cause i started adding it in the middle of the plants life cycle. I think it was after i flipped them and they went all yellow from it while adding a new light. 1ml per gal is a good ratio.. thats like four or five drops per liter then. ..

I was mixing at .5 ml per gallon. I mixed it in the water first but didn't wait any time before adding the other nutes. I'll be using it sparingly next time and see how they respond to it.

Yeah make sure you make sure it doesn't contain nitro mind says it doesn't t so I dunno .

Yeah make sure you make sure it doesn't contain nitro mind says it doesn't t so I dunno .

Good point just checked and no Nitrogen. It is 0-0-.5 so looks like it has a bit of potassium in it. I'm using Botanicare Silica Blast. Stupidface has been using the same an his plants are looking great.

Re: Troy's 2nd - Autos - DP Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle, RQS Diesel

How much growth did you get after initiation of flower. So far I haven't spotted any pre-flower. I'm expecting Dee to start flowering any day now. Per breeder She is suppose to be a 10-11 weeks from sprouting.

Made a composite of the Ultimates to show you what you are in for - sprouted 2nd Jan - last photo was taken Day 42. We just gotta hope that they smoke as well as they grow. Although these photos are not of the same Ultimate they all look pretty similar - you can see the growth by comparing the dates on photos.

Picture213.jpg

Re: Troy's 2nd - Autos - DP Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle, RQS Diesel

Beautiful plants Beachbum. Everything I have read the Ultimate has a nice smoke.

I don't recall - Did you top your Ultimate's?

Back
Top Bottom