TTKlaus' 3rd Grow Journal - Dragons Rose

Day 23 - stretching sideways!
I am stoked that the 3 plants from the left are so bushy! But, what about the weakling on the right? Also, i have a few leaves that are getting lighter spots. I don't have a pic of the clones, but they're all very happy.

Should I consider cutting some of those huge fan leaves near the top to make room for lower crowns to develop?

Thanks all,
TTKlaus

Day26 from seed, Day 22 after sprouting.

I hope everybody had a great Memorial Day Weekend here in the USA.

3 weeks in. The plants are now about 8" wide! and about 6" tall. Very dense vegetation! Should I thin them out some? There are several new shoots coming from the side branches, should I top those? There are a few very large fan leaves, should I trim those? So many questions!

Clones are looking good:

Cheers! TTKlaus

Hey @TTKlaus, lovely plants.
Regarding trimming fan leaves, I personally clip the top big ones to open up all the branching.
Regarding brown spots, I am a firm believer that plants of such age can not have any defficiency if grown in soil. That is one. Two, in your case, I believe it is a light burn. Looks like you are finding some dew on the leaves after the dark period, aren't you? So they act as a tiny magnifying glasses, hence the brown spots.
I am no pro for sure, that is only my 2 cents worth :)

Hey @TTKlaus, lovely plants.
Regarding trimming fan leaves, I personally clip the top big ones to open up all the branching.
Regarding brown spots, I am a firm believer that plants of such age can not have any defficiency if grown in soil. That is one. Two, in your case, I believe it is a light burn. Looks like you are finding some dew on the leaves after the dark period, aren't you? So they act as a tiny magnifying glasses, hence the brown spots.
I am no pro for sure, that is only my 2 cents worth :)

Hi Katins,

This is great! Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I have noticed some dew on the leaves in the mornings after dark. So, perhaps I should keep the vent fan on during the dark period to keep humidity to a low. The lights are not super powerful. I'm getting only about 400Umol at the distance from the plants. I knew there might be a simple answer to the problem!

And welcome to my journal!

Klaus

I definitely have dew forming on some of my leaves. Mostly on the one plant that has some brown leaves.

TTKlaus
Well, pretty much the answer, me thinks :) and the lights may not be powerful, but it is an array of circumstances, light/temp/dew that leads to this outcome. I have also learned it the hard way ;)

Back
Top Bottom