V4L's SeedsMan Comparative Grow: Banana Jealousy 2024

Banana Grande!
IMG_4761.jpeg
Palm tree leaf? Lol!

Palm tree leaf? Lol!
We call them Palm fronds here in So Cal. Now If I can get the Budz to grow that BIG...

:lot-o-toke:

:yummy:

Now THATS a solar panel! She's gonna miss that baby! Whats the brix on it?
It was down low below the canopy shaded from the light and blocking air flow. I did not check the Brix on it…
Should have, would have, next time…

Thank you @SeedsMan for sponsoring this grow!

Welcome all! Let's go Bananas! With @SeedsMan Banana Jealousy! ! Here is my set up info...

Strain: Banana Jealousy Photo Fems, from site sponsor @SeedsMan
Genetic Makeup: Hybrid, Banana Cream X Jealousy X Gelato 41
Pot/Bucket Size: 20 gallon fabric
Tent Size: 34” x 42”
Grow Space: 6' x 10' lung room
How Many Plants: 4
Environment: Indoor
Stage: seed to harvest
Grow medium: Living Organic Soil
Lights: 520 Watts LED, HLG Quantum boards, dimmable
Nutrients: Organic amendments, BAS Craft Blend
Room/Tent Temperature: 78°
Relative Humidity: 65%
Media/Res PH: 7
IPM: Site sponsor @Sierra Natural Science SNS-209
IPM: Mosquito Bits
Mycorrhizae Fungi: Site sponsor @DYNOMYCO
Water: Reverse Osmosis
Watering: Once Daily seedling stage, 1-2 times per week Veg, 1-2 times per week or more flower stage. I will also be using Actively Aerated Compost Tea (AACT) & Seed sprout tea (SST)
Tent exhaust: 6” variable speed
Lung room exhaust: 8” AC Infinity with controller, 8” x 24” Can-Lite carbon filter
Air intake: 20” x 30” Passive filtered air intake in Lung room.
Fans in Tent: 2 - AC Infinity 6” oscillating fans, above canopy. 2 - 10” AC Infinity Axial 2589 muffin fans with speed controller, below canopy.

Description​

Banana Jealousy is a three-way hybrid cross of Banana Cream, Jealousy and Gelato 41 strains. This is a high-yielding strain that is relatively easy to grow such that even complete novices can have great success with it in all environments.
Banana Jealousy plants grow tall and can exceed 200cm. in height, especially when grown outdoors. Indoors, flowering takes between 8 - 10 weeks with high production between 450 - 600 gr/m2. Outdoors, or in a greenhouse, each plant can produce up to 750 gr. in ideal conditions. Suitable climates for outdoor cultivation include temperate, warm and hot regions. Northern hemisphere harvests will be ready in late September / early October while those in the southern hemisphere should be ready to harvest in March. While resistance to mould is fairly high these plants are very loud and indoor growers are advised to use good carbon air filters.
Plants produce plenty of resin and are therefore excellent for extract production. Growers can expect fruity scents and flavours (sweet, banana, Skunk) with THC levels of up to 28% while CBD is low at less than 1%, making this a very potent strain.
Good luck with your grow. I am also part of the comparative grow.

Will be an outside grow. Looking forward to following yours.

What's Brix?
And BTW Vegan. Very nice description.

Peace :peace:
Hello @scottreid1966 ! Brix is a measure of sugars, vitamins, minerals, proteins and other solid content in plant juice. You use a "Refractometer" to measure Brix levels, by squeezing a leaf and extracting some juice from the leaf. I like to get at least three drops to get a measurement. For cannabis you try for a Brix level of 12 or higher. The understanding is that with cannabis if you have a brix level of 12 or more pests will pass by your plants and leave them alone. These small pests/ insects can not consume plant juices with that much sugar so they move on to something else. Also fruits and vegetables with higher Brix levels have sweeter more nutritious fruits. My last grow I had Brix levels of 15 -20 for 4 plants. I had two other plants growing in the same space with levels around 8. I had a thrip infestation on the two plants with lower Brix levels and the thrips stayed away from the plants with the higher Brix levels. They also use Brix in wine making.

Hope that explains it as I am just learning... @Gee64 needs to help me raise my brix on current grow 🤪

Hello @scottreid1966 ! Brix is a measure of sugars, vitamins, minerals, proteins and other solid content in plant juice. You use a "Refractometer" to measure Brix levels, by squeezing a leaf and extracting some juice from the leaf. I like to get at least three drops to get a measurement. For cannabis you try for a Brix level of 12 or higher. The understanding is that with cannabis if you have a brix level of 12 or more pests will pass by your plants and leave them alone. These small pests/ insects can not consume plant juices with that much sugar so they move on to something else. Also fruits and vegetables with higher Brix levels have sweeter more nutritious fruits. My last grow I had Brix levels of 15 -20 for 4 plants. I had two other plants growing in the same space with levels around 8. I had a thrip infestation on the two plants with lower Brix levels and the thrips stayed away from the plants with the higher Brix levels. They also use Brix in wine making.

Hope that explains it as I am just learning... @Gee64 needs to help me raise my brix on current grow 🤪

Awesome. See we learn something new every day. I didn't know what brix was either. 🙏🏻😉

Good morning fellow Growers! On Tuesday I made another SST using some freshly sprouted Barley. I added it to 3 gallons of RO water and also added 2 teaspoons of coconut water powder, 1/2 teaspoon of humid acid, 2 teaspoons of BAS Build a bloom, 2 tablespoons of @Sierra Natural Science SNS-209. I gave each pot 1/2 a gallon and I gave the rest to my pepper plants.

The stretch is on! Hopefully it will stop soon, today is day 10 of 12/12 lighting, I’m not seeing pistils yet, soon enough I’m sure. Here are a few pictures.

:bongrip:

Barely sprouts
IMG_4795.jpeg

Below the Canopy
IMG_4800.jpeg

The ladies
IMG_4798.jpeg

The peppers
IMG_4796.jpeg

Awesome response, Vegan.
Thanks for the bookmark.
:thumb: :thanks:

Good morning fellow Growmies!
The ladies are starting to show sex now. The ladies are now between 35” - 40” tall.
Here are a few pics from last night, day 11 of 12/12 lighting.

:hookah: 🍌 🍌 🍌 🍌

IMG_4822.jpeg
IMG_4816.jpeg
IMG_4819.jpeg

Look at the size of those fans. Beautiful :thumb: 🍋
Hopefully the stretch is about over… I doubt it but one can wish… I may need to start bending over some of the tops in the back. I raised my lights as high as I could last night.

:passitleft:

Hopefully the stretch is about over… I doubt it but one can wish… I may need to start bending over some of the tops in the back. I raised my lights as high as I could last night.

:passitleft:
Yeah . Stretch from seeds can be challenging with limited height indoors. I will have to move this one into my rarely used work shop for the last month or so.

IMG_20240504_185357_resized_20240504_065537250.jpg

2 more feet and I'm outta space. That's why my banana jealousy will be done outdoors.

Good luck and have fun on the grow, Vegan.

:peace:

A couple of pics from last night

IMG_4835.jpeg
IMG_4832.jpeg

Very nice plants you can see they are growing from the lighter green where the buds will be. :thumb: 🍋
Yes and if you look at the bottom pic you can see some pistils, in the center

Back
Top Bottom