Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

I really would like to avoid that but I'm kinda stuck.
What light are you using? Are the drivers mounted on the light? If not, are they inside the tent? If not, can you mount the driver in the tent? It would help a bit.
EDIT: Read my next post.

That's as high as I can get it in that tent right now. My furnace is running constantly.
It's in the high 60s when the lights are out. I have them on 20/4 right now. I could always increase that just to keep them warm.
I really would like to avoid that but I'm kinda stuck.

That GG4 is over right months old. I'll be happy if I get something half decent from her.

Good morning, VG.

I've read a few tricks to warm up a tent while reading journals this morning like this one posted by @HashFart here. And, @Carcass has a rolled up seedling mat that turns on when the lights go out. Could either of these work for you?

Do you feel being in the high 60s at lights out is too cold? I'm not quite understanding your temperature issue. Is that as cold as it ever gets, high 60s?

What light are you using? Are the drivers mounted on the light? If not, are they inside the tent? If not, can you mount the driver in the tent? It would help a bit.
EDIT: Read my next post.
Ok
Oh, never mind, misread your issue. It's the off part. How bout a toaster oven? :cheesygrinsmiley:
I don't have one of those.
I have a waffle stick maker. Would that work?
Good morning, VG.

I've read a few tricks to warm up a tent while reading journals this morning like this one posted by @HashFart here. And, @Carcass has a rolled up seedling mat that turns on when the lights go out. Could either of these work for you?
Thanks HG.
I know what my issue is. It's a poorly insulated house. We usually have a few feet of snow piled against the house to help keep the heat in. We haven't had much snow that's actually stayed around.

I just spent all the extra cash that I had on a heating mat,controllers and new hygrometers.
Just hope that it works like I want it to.
HF’s tip is a good one. A filter to keep bugs from migrating between tents would be a good idea.
I only have spiders of various sizes. Probably why I don't really see any bugs in here.

Do you feel being in the high 60s at lights out is too cold? I'm not quite understanding your temperature issue. Is that as cold as it ever gets, high 60s?
If there is no snow and the wind is blowing it is substantially colder in here. The closet got down to 63° and the 2x2 got down to 65°. The soil is even colder than that.
My 2x4 is staying a lot warmer. That one is always in the 70s.
I have to keep my room uncomfortably warm in order to keep my tent and closet at a reasonable temp. The plants have shown me their disapproval by failing to thrive like they should,seedlings damping off,moldy buds etc.

Hopefully the mats I got are big enough to help. I'd like to keep it warmer in there and slightly cooler out in my bedroom so I can sleep better.
I like being warm but this is ridiculous.
My cheeks are constantly flushed from the heat. Looks like I got slapped.
I think I'm also being slowly turned into jerky as my bed is directly over the heat register.

I should go hydrate...

Ok

I don't have one of those.
I have a waffle stick maker. Would that work?

Thanks HG.
I know what my issue is. It's a poorly insulated house. We usually have a few feet of snow piled against the house to help keep the heat in. We haven't had much snow that's actually stayed around.

I just spent all the extra cash that I had on a heating mat,controllers and new hygrometers.
Just hope that it works like I want it to.

I only have spiders of various sizes. Probably why I don't really see any bugs in here.

If there is no snow and the wind is blowing it is substantially colder in here. The closet got down to 63° and the 2x2 got down to 65°. The soil is even colder than that.
My 2x4 is staying a lot warmer. That one is always in the 70s.
I have to keep my room uncomfortably warm in order to keep my tent and closet at a reasonable temp. The plants have shown me their disapproval by failing to thrive like they should,seedlings damping off,moldy buds etc.

Hopefully the mats I got are big enough to help. I'd like to keep it warmer in there and slightly cooler out in my bedroom so I can sleep better.
I like being warm but this is ridiculous.
My cheeks are constantly flushed from the heat. Looks like I got slapped.
I think I'm also being slowly turned into jerky as my bed is directly over the heat register.

I should go hydrate...
Is it possible you're worrying more than you have to? Those temps aren't bad at al imho. Sure you'd like it warmer, but heck, my plants were down as low as 51 a few times on the outdoor grow, and I always get down to 58-60 at night during late budding. I would think you'd be okay......it's makes for more colorful and denser buds in my experience.

Is it possible you're worrying more than you have to? Those temps aren't bad at al imho. Sure you'd like it warmer, but heck, my plants were down as low as 51 a few times on the outdoor grow, and I always get down to 58-60 at night during late budding. I would think you'd be okay......it's makes for more colorful and denser buds in my experience.
No. I don't think I'm worrying more than I have to at all.
You're talking about a plant late in flower. They can handle cold stress a lot better than a germinating sprout.
I'm trying to sprout seeds but they are damping off or stalling due to the cold temps. If I can't get some going above ground I'm SOL. I'm already a month+ behind here.
Not sure what else I can do outside of addressing the obvious heat issue?

Could you sit something like @InTheShed 's
"Shoebox of Light" under your bed by the heat register to keep things toasty warm?
That'll get them germinated, but you then have to figure out how to keep the seedlings warm...probably what the heat mat is for?

No. I don't think I'm worrying more than I have to at all.
You're talking about a plant late in flower. They can handle cold stress a lot better than a germinating sprout.
I'm trying to sprout seeds but they are damping off or stalling due to the cold temps. If I can't get some going above ground I'm SOL. I'm already a month+ behind here.
Not sure what else I can do outside of addressing the obvious heat issue?
Ah, the seedlings. Sorry, I just assumed you had them somewhere else for some reason, my bad. Nowhere else you can put them with a light that is warmer? I've rigged lights above my bathtub before and vegged a plant for around 40 days in my bathtub with just a fan and a light and the bathroom fan on. (we have a guest bathroom I used for me, lol) Would something like that work and/or be an option? Seems we're all focused on bringing heat to the plants....I was thinking like that too for you, but is there anywhere to bring the plants to the heat with a strong enough light for early veg?

Think radiation. Jimmy the door and set the microwave on defrost. I'm surprised you Americans get anything done.
I could just get some corduroy pants and run in place too. With my shapely thighs it would generate a lot of heat.
Zip-zop-zip-zop...bursts into flames.:p
Could you sit something like @InTheShed 's
"Shoebox of Light" under your bed by the heat register to keep things toasty warm?
That'll get them germinated, but you then have to figure out how to keep the seedlings warm...probably what the heat mat is for?
Think that putting them under there would cook them or dehydrate them pretty quick. Most of the heat gets trapped under there. The vent is pretty much centered under the bed. I'm looking at duct extenders to fix this issue.
New gear should be here in about a week. I'll just put sprouting on hold until then.
I have a plants to dry in the meantime. Bubba should take about that long with the low temps I'm having in the closet. I also have the Chemdawg right on its heels so I may not have the closet ready for a few weeks.
I should scope that Chemdawg tonight. She looks awful close.
Would be convenient to salad spin on the same day.
Ah, the seedlings. Sorry, I just assumed you had them somewhere else for some reason, my bad. Nowhere else you can put them with a light that is warmer? I've rigged lights above my bathtub before and vegged a plant for around 40 days in my bathtub with just a fan and a light and the bathroom fan on. (we have a guest bathroom I used for me, lol) Would something like that work and/or be an option? Seems we're all focused on bringing heat to the plants....I was thinking like that too for you, but is there anywhere to bring the plants to the heat with a strong enough light for early veg?
I have some seedling mats coming.
I got the 20x20" ones.
Bf said I can't breach the confines of my bud-oir with plants and gear. The only thing I'm allowed outside of the bedroom is a five gallon bucket in the bathtub.
I completely agree with this BTW.
I could easily take over the laundry room and bathroom,quickly escalating this into some sort of hoarding situation.
Plus I have children I'd like to distance my hobby from. I'm also not living in a good State for it. I do qualify for the medical program here but it's both cost prohibitive and inaccessible due to distance.

Just gonna wait a few days and then get my grow tuned in better.

Hmm. Could you use collapsable ducting, like we usually use to duct exhaust, from the vent to the tent somehow? Let the air pass through the tent before it goes out into the room? That would warm the tent and cool the air a little bit before it gets out to you.
duct.JPG

This stuff.

Hmm. Could you use collapsable ducting, like we usually use to duct exhaust, from the vent to the tent somehow? Let the air pass through the tent before it goes out into the room? That would warm the tent and cool the air a little bit before it gets out to you.
duct.JPG

This stuff.
It works great and won't catch on fire.
Perfect. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

duct.JPG

This stuff.

That's what @HashFart does and I already suggested it. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom