Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

Oh shit I missed PhOTM (I was so tired last night)!

:bravo:
😂 I know the feeling.
WooHoo! Party time in this garden! :party:
Great day Ms Ground!
It was pretty sweet
Well done and well deserving VG!
Thanks Stunger

Amazing that my plants did so well last year. They were very neglected. Sometimes they seem to like that. 😂
Congrats on your hat trick, VG! That's a very nice way to start the new year for you. I hope the rest of the year is good for you, too. :hug:
Thanks HG.

I hope this year is smooth for all of us. Life can be hard.
Congratulations VG. Your work is really amazeballs. I like what HG said about the good wishes for the year ahead. I hope that for you too.
I appreciate that ,Carmen.
I do love growing and I hope some of that comes through in my plants as well as our conversations here.

I have trauma...trauma from this morning when I knocked my Candida baby over. She halfway popped out of her pot and the pot came back down and decapitated her. 🤦‍♀️
No pics , I was too busy swearing.

I'm gonna drop a new one. Sorry, Shed. ☹️

Wookiee F2 cracked last night. She's in some ProMix in my very warm closet.

It's a sauna in there 87° and 65% rh.

Hope y'all are doing well. 💕

I have trauma...trauma from this morning when I knocked my Candida baby over. She halfway popped out of her pot and the pot came back down and decapitated her. 🤦‍♀️

That's a bugger VG, hopefully that's your one for the year and now that's out of the way it should be clean sailing from here on in! 🤞

They should make a joint test.
They did! In the 70's in Boston a friend got in on one what was an inpatient thing. He said they did a lot of talking and a lot of repetitive things for joint rewards. Simple things like pushing a button over and over counting the number of pushes. That man brought Narcan to police departments all over the country and has saved countless lives. He still works to save lives every day!

I have a few of those Tshirts! Sorry to hear!

That's a bugger VG, hopefully that's your one for the year and now that's out of the way it should be clean sailing from here on in! 🤞
With any luck,Stunger.

I haven't knocked over my cups in years. Just clipped it with my elbow a little and she went flying.

I think I'll be more careful, at least for a little while.
That's why you have more than one seed. 🌱
Yes, thank you.

I did crack a new one and put her in ProMix this morning.
I have a few of those Tshirts! Sorry to hear!
Honestly...

I thought I was getting pretty decent at growing and then I botch it all up.

With any luck,Stunger.

I haven't knocked over my cups in years. Just clipped it with my elbow a little and she went flying.

I think I'll be more careful, at least for a little while.

Yes, thank you.

I did crack a new one and put her in ProMix this morning.

Honestly...

I thought I was getting pretty decent at growing and then I botch it all up.
Had the cats knock over 2 queen G seedlings and romp around in their graves, would have had 2 as old as Sheds 😂
Everything happens for a reason right?

Had the cats knock over 2 queen G seedlings and romp around in their graves, would have had 2 as old as Sheds 😂
Everything happens for a reason right?
Goodness....
Naughty kitties 😻

My Wookiee came up three days ago. Fat lil sprout.

She has some funky cotyledons on her but I'm not going to worry. Babies can be ugly but turn out fine in the end.

We'll call this day #3.

Edit: I got my AirVape today from my PoTY win. It got me so stoned that I fucked up in this post .

I didn't mean to say cotyledons but rather first set of true leaves are a bit funky.

I could really use some feedback from y'all.

I'm embarrassed to tell you about my latest failure but here goes.

I'm super behind in my responsibilities here. I'm in the Canuk comparative but haven't posted yet. I really need to get on it.
My only excuse is some pretty high anxiety and something akin to writers block. Posters block?

I also dropped the ball when it comes to my plants. I'll give you some pics and then we'll go into it.

Right....

So the Cement Shoes has some crap going on with the top leaves. Not too worried about that but I am worried a bit about her size.

I know Shed will just tell me to super crop. 😆 He sure seems to love that.

Back to Miss Shoes.
She's in a three gallon GeoPots and is waist high. I usually flip them long before this. I'll have to water everyday in flower since she's a sizeable plant.

I plan to flip asap.

She's the least of my worries...

My G13 is shoulder height. This is my main issue. She's just too tall and super cropping her is an option but I'd have to do one third to half the plant just to get her to a proper flowering height for my space.

Now, I'm just asking and probably won't do this but has anyone topped a plant this late in veg?
I think they are around two months old. I'd have to go back and check.
I'm really curious and am slightly tempted to try it.

I just really need to give Canuk some sort of journal.
I'll speed run veg cycle and then post weekly for flower.

That's the best that I can do.

Would love to hear what y'all think.
I'm incredibly stressed out by this ridiculous situation I put myself in....

The people you can least imagine swearing often do so in the loveliest way.

I use them as punctuation so the effect is lost.

Betcha you sounded great though VG!

I haven’t killed a plant by knocking the pot over (yet) but my big point of failure is paper to peat with tweezers. I own the company that makes the T-Shirt for that 😂

Position it position it nearly perfect then go back for a tiny little adjustment

Tick as the shell husk bounces on the table top, newly separated from the stem, then &&@)!

I'm super behind in my responsibilities here. I'm in the Canuk comparative but haven't posted yet. I really need to get on it.
My only excuse is some pretty high anxiety and something akin to writers block. Posters block?

I also dropped the ball when it comes to my plants. I'll give you some pics and then we'll go into it.

Right....

So the Cement Shoes has some crap going on with the top leaves. Not too worried about that but I am worried a bit about her size.

Back to Miss Shoes.
She's in a three gallon GeoPots and is waist high. I usually flip them long before this. I'll have to water everyday in flower since she's a sizeable plant.

I plan to flip asap.

My G13 is shoulder height. This is my main issue. She's just too tall and super cropping her is an option but I'd have to do one third to half the plant just to get her to a proper flowering height for my space.

Now, I'm just asking and probably won't do this but has anyone topped a plant this late in veg?

To me they look in great shape and a bit of tipping whatever its veg!

“This late in veg” is a bit of a misnomer to me. Veg once you decide when it begins (I like calling a seedling stage but same same) is just veg. The node spacing begins to spiral but otherwise they just veg.

Topping late and indeed multi topping was actually recommended to me by my Farmer tutor and a sponsor here @Table Mountain Sativa Co both for sativas obvs but I’ve read of people topping 3-4 times.

Me, ai’m super lazy so a few snips to top would be preferable to what is beautiful supercropping work that looks like more time than I’m willing/able to commit to.

You might get a weird shaped plant, but some clips, cables or whatever will soon fix that?

Nick

She has some funky cotyledons on her but I'm not going to worry.
Definitely don't worry about those or the first set.
Edit: I got my AirVape today from my PoTY win. It got me so stoned that I fucked up in this post .
Excellent review right there!
Failure? Can't wait to see how you define that...
So the Cement Shoes has some crap going on with the top leaves.
Something about that look says environmental to me but I could be wrong. Either way that doesn't seem to be the failure, so let's see where this is going...
has anyone topped a plant this late in veg?
Your failure is that you let a plant get too tall? :laugh: Have you looked in my tent lately?

Never mind, it's good to fail upwards!

First, you can top whenever you want as veg ends when you say it does. You can also top as low as you want because topping high will leave you with a very wide plant. Second, you know what else will leave you with a very wide plant? Folding that one in half, which can and has been done to great success by tent growers.

If you can, I'd wait a week after you execute your plan to let the new growth get established before sending it into flower.

Topping the sides is great but will take up even more width. Not as wide as folding it in half but you get the picture!

Also taking off growth will get you more mileage out of a 3 gallon pot.

Sit and look at it and imagine what growth will happen where if you were to do any of the above, and then dive in.

Can't wait to see the results. :thumb:

Right....

Back to Miss Shoes.

I plan to flip asap.

Hey VG, I was also going to suggest topping further down.
I think a late start VG Canuk GJ will attract a good amount of interest from the grow community and your approach sounds like it will work well with the speed run veg cycle.
Don't be stressed by it. Circumstances have arisen that are beyond anyone's control, that's life. Go easier on yourself :hug:

The people you can least imagine swearing often do so in the loveliest way.

I use them as punctuation so the effect is lost.

Betcha you sounded great though VG!

I haven’t killed a plant by knocking the pot over (yet) but my big point of failure is paper to peat with tweezers. I own the company that makes the T-Shirt for that 😂

Position it position it nearly perfect then go back for a tiny little adjustment

Tick as the shell husk bounces on the table top, newly separated from the stem, then &&@)!
My partner says that I could make sailors blush with my potty mouth.

I could never get past the slang of my youth and to this day, my favorite word is 'Fuck'.
I may be irredeemable at this point 😂
To me they look in great shape and a bit of tipping whatever its veg!

“This late in veg” is a bit of a misnomer to me. Veg once you decide when it begins (I like calling a seedling stage but same same) is just veg. The node spacing begins to spiral but otherwise they just veg.

Topping late and indeed multi topping was actually recommended to me by my Farmer tutor and a sponsor here @Table Mountain Sativa Co both for sativas obvs but I’ve read of people topping 3-4 times.

Me, ai’m super lazy so a few snips to top would be preferable to what is beautiful supercropping work that looks like more time than I’m willing/able to commit to.

You might get a weird shaped plant, but some clips, cables or whatever will soon fix that?

Nick
I took your,Sheds and Carmen's advice to top them. I ended up doing it once on the Cement Shoes and twice on the much taller G13.

I appreciate the advice and I'm sorry that I kinda dropped off the face of the earth for a bit. Dealing with some more drama...
Your failure is that you let a plant get too tall? :laugh: Have you looked in my tent lately?

Never mind, it's good to fail upwards!

First, you can top whenever you want as veg ends when you say it does. You can also top as low as you want because topping high will leave you with a very wide plant. Second, you know what else will leave you with a very wide plant? Folding that one in half, which can and has been done to great success by tent growers.

If you can, I'd wait a week after you execute your plan to let the new growth get established before sending it into flower.

Topping the sides is great but will take up even more width. Not as wide as folding it in half but you get the picture!

Also taking off growth will get you more mileage out of a 3 gallon pot.

Sit and look at it and imagine what growth will happen where if you were to do any of the above, and then dive in.

Can't wait to see the results. :thumb:
I topped the G13 and by the time I let her recover for a week, she was taller than before. This time I cut lower and flipped right away. I think they are almost done stretching .🤞
Kill em

KILL EM ALLLLLLLLLL
Yes...In due time.
Hey VG, I was also going to suggest topping further down.
I think a late start VG Canuk GJ will attract a good amount of interest from the grow community and your approach sounds like it will work well with the speed run veg cycle.
Don't be stressed by it. Circumstances have arisen that are beyond anyone's control, that's life. Go easier on yourself :hug:
I finally put up my Canuk grow.
Thanks for the love, Carmen 💕
Off with her head! ♥
I did!
Here it is...

My two foot topping rooted faster than a normal sized clone. That's one big baby!

Here is a sneak peek at my Canuk journal.

Stop by if y'all can.

I forgot to post the other plants.

Not sure what happened with my Candida and Wookiee auto. Maybe under watered?
At any rate they stalled for about two weeks. Damn Wookiees is showing pistols.

And this morning. A bit droopy before lights out.

So...
What am I doing here?

the Candida is pretty straight forward. I'll continue vegging until she's ready and toss her in with the big girls.

The Wookiee is an entirely different matter. Since she's an auto and is diminutive, I'll be doing some weird shit. I could just let her go but I think some experimentation is in order.

I'm going to delay her as long as I can by removing her flowers as they come. I do it with my tomatoes and cukes to try to get more vegetative growth out of them before fruiting. This goes beyond just topping an auto.

I'm super curious to see what happens. May as well learn from this experience rather than just flower out a super tiny plant IMO.

Sorry about fucking up the Wookiee @Justin Goody. Maybe experimentation can still make it worthwhile?

So...
What am I doing here?

the Candida is pretty straight forward. I'll continue vegging until she's ready and toss her in with the big girls.

The Wookiee is an entirely different matter. Since she's an auto and is diminutive, I'll be doing some weird shit. I could just let her go but I think some experimentation is in order.

I'm going to delay her as long as I can by removing her flowers as they come. I do it with my tomatoes and cukes to try to get more vegetative growth out of them before fruiting. This goes beyond just topping an auto.

I'm super curious to see what happens. May as well learn from this experience rather than just flower out a super tiny plant IMO.

Sorry about fucking up the Wookiee @Justin Goody. Maybe experimentation can still make it worthwhile?
My current Wookiee started root up, and seemed to be tiny and go into flower at the wrong time. Now she’s getting huge, I used her to try out bending and clipping and stress- and it worked.
IMG_3668.jpeg

There is no better plant to try that stuff on, the worst that could happen is she’s tiny…still a flowering Wookiee and you just try again!

So...
What am I doing here?

Oooh an experiment:popcorn: (now heading over to the tardy party)

Back
Top Bottom