Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

Wow VG, that sounds like a really enjoyable place to live, and how pleasant to live in a neighborhood where weed is welcome. It sounds like you are going to have some rewarding house projects for a while :) This is fabulous.

That's pretty cool, VG- Congrats on the new digs!

Now you can start doing all that cool homeowner stuff, such as:

1.) Everything that needs doing.

It's a short list.... :)

It's a short list...
. :)
Reminds me of an old job description I read once. It went something like "all other duties as assigned." :laughtwo:

Been busy ripping it apart. Haven't had any time or energy to post. I'm feeling my age today.

It's in rougher shape than we thought. Once we ripped up the carpet we found a bunch of stuff that needs to be fixed. Pet stains and urine soaked tack strip. A leak in the master bathroom and the whole tile floor was installed wrong. It needs to come up. They put a non-flexible floor in a flexible house so all the tiles are coming up. They also didn't make the mud bed deep enough or use the correct grout.
This is just a tiny list of what we are dealing with.
The bf an I have been through this type of thing before. We can fix the damage but it way more expensive than we bargained for.
YAY! Congratulations you guys! This is about to be the best thing ever!
Once it's done it will be a nice cozy place. Just a ton of work to do and we have one month to complete it all and get moved in.
Congratulations on buying your first house, VG! The neighbourhood sounds awesome.
Hey HG!

This is my second house. I had to buy the one we are currently in earlier this year. It just needs too much work and we can't have children living here while we fix the place. It was time to move on...

Wow VG, that sounds like a really enjoyable place to live, and how pleasant to live in a neighborhood where weed is welcome. It sounds like you are going to have some rewarding house projects for a while :) This is fabulous.
Hi Carmen.
I'm quickly discovering that the old owners are very different people with very different personalities.
Seems as though they sugar-coated the situation.
When they said weed friendly, I didn't think there would be two very obvious drug dealers on the street. They aren't even trying to be discreet about it. There are cars parked in a long line every night. They may as well just put a damn drive thru in.
Not super happy about all the large dogs being left to run off leash either. They are supposed to be on leash at all times.
I have a small terrier and children and
I'm afraid they will go after them.

It's a short list.... :)
Lol...I wish that it was a short list. We've been working all week and only got the carpet pulled ,some general cleaning done and damage assessment.
Today we are pulling the toilet in the guest bathroom to see how bad our leak is and fixing the osb subfloor.
Friends and family are coming in today to help clean the walls and prep them for paint. It's become very apparent that this woman never cleaned her house....or took care of her pets.
Reminds me of an old job description I read once. It went something like "all other duties as assigned." :laughtwo:
Good to see you once again, Azi.
Thanks for stopping by.

I've been taking some pics of our progress. Not sure if I'm going to post them yet. If I do they will be in my "junk drawer" journal a bit later on.

Hope y'all are doing well. Keep your fingers crossed for us. Our budget is being eaten up pretty fast. I hope we found all the issues but won't know until a plumber gets in there and we have someone to come and look at our shingles.
It's almost 7 am. I'd better get my butt over there and start work.

Yelp. Everything crossed and held firmly in the faith that your VG magic will transform the house and that the neighborhood will appear more hospitable as you progress. In an otherwise pleasant neighborhood near the beach, we too have drug dealings in the streets around where I live, constant gang activity, loose dogs... fringe living. We bought this place a year ago and I have a shower that leaks into the wall.... gotta be fixed this summer.
Before long you'll be settled and not having to do anymore renos! Can you taser aggressive dogs or would that invite trouble? I've a friend who lives in the country and she carries a doggy taser on her walks.

Pitter patter :thumb:
So much pitter pattering.
I removed a cats worth of hair from the master bathroom and bedroom today. She actually painted it onto the walls....
:ciao: hey VG congratulations on a big life event. New home new zone - heaps of work and I’m sure much reward for it once you’ve recovered! Sending all my best wishes for the fixups and the big move going smoothly. Nice harvests to get you through it.
:yummy:
Amy!!!

Lovely to see you. We've made some decent headway on the deconstruction and cleaning so far.

We have to catch up soon. This project may take a bit but I'll be looking for ya soon after.
Sounds like you hired Mr. Magoo as your inspector :eek: (not our @Mr. Magoo, the real one)!

:goodluck: on all the work and I hope the crew you have sticks around to give a hand wherever you can use it. Wish I could help.
The inspector only missed a few small things. She pointed out all the major issues.
She did give us the heads up about the plumbing. We just didn't look at it too closely. It's all fixable...just has a price.
We can do the sinks ourselves and have him check out work. He can do the toilets.
Yelp. Everything crossed and held firmly in the faith that your VG magic will transform the house and that the neighborhood will appear more hospitable as you progress. In an otherwise pleasant neighborhood near the beach, we too have drug dealings in the streets around where I live, constant gang activity, loose dogs... fringe living. We bought this place a year ago and I have a shower that leaks into the wall.... gotta be fixed this summer.
Before long you'll be settled and not having to do anymore renos! Can you taser aggressive dogs or would that invite trouble? I've a friend who lives in the country and she carries a doggy taser on her walks.
We may end up liking the neighborhood. You never know.

The place is going to be totally different when we are done. It already smells a million times better.

I can get a taser for the dogs but they have to be under a certain wattage(?) or it could kill the dog. I'll mention it to the bf and see what he has to say.
Thanks for the suggestion.

** Man, am I beat and sore af.
I'm so thankful that I harvested my Forum plant. I'm relying on her heavily to help with my spinal inflammation and she's doing pretty well with that.

Hope y'all are doing well. I'm pooped and in desperate need a shower and some dinner.
Hope to chat soon.

Well VG, it looks like I couldn't have picked a better time to drop by. Congratulations! What a feeling, to secure a place to call your own. :yahoo: All the best to you and yours.
Stay stoneder!

Well VG, it looks like I couldn't have picked a better time to drop by. Congratulations! What a feeling, to secure a place to call your own. :yahoo: All the best to you and yours.
Stay stoneder!
Thanks Fred.
It's been a lot of work so far and there is still plenty to do. It will become home soon enough.
Glad to see you stop by.
:party:AFTER THE WORK COMES THE PLEASURE :headbanger::party:
I sure hope so. So far it's been long hours and my everyday pain is still there to contend with. It's going slowly.
Wish I was about 20 years younger.
Most of the family skipped out on helping so it's just been me mostly.
I'm doing my best but that doesn't stop the criticism that I'm going too slowly.
Seems to me that if they want it to go faster then they should help?

Flooring frustrations are at the forefront. Not sure what type we can use yet since the subfloor is uneven in a few places.

Ugh,I desperately need a day off but that isn't going to happen any time soon.
Hope y'all are doing well.
I miss chatting...

Thanks Fred.
It's been a lot of work so far and there is still plenty to do. It will become home soon enough.
Glad to see you stop by.

I sure hope so. So far it's been long hours and my everyday pain is still there to contend with. It's going slowly.
Wish I was about 20 years younger.
Most of the family skipped out on helping so it's just been me mostly.
I'm doing my best but that doesn't stop the criticism that I'm going to slowly.
Seems to me that if they want it to go faster then they should help?

Flooring frustrations are at the forefront. Not sure what type we can use yet since the subfloor is uneven in a few places.

Ugh,I desperately need a day off but that isn't going to happen any time soon.
Hope y'all are doing well.
I miss chatting...
You'll figure the flooring. There's some flexible ones!
Don't let them break you! :cheesygrinsmiley: My size 14's would both come down at a time like this! They'
d need a stick of butter and a crowbar to get my foot out of their ass! A reminder that it's nice to be nice to those that are nice!

And we miss you. :hug:

Next person to complain about the delay gets a hammer, a tool belt, and time card!

Hang in there...
Lol. Wish that I could be more stern but it's his mom. Had lots of 'fun' today.:rolleyes:
You'll figure the flooring. There's some flexible ones!
Don't let them break you! :cheesygrinsmiley: My size 14's would both come down at a time like this! They'
d need a stick of butter and a crowbar to get my foot out of their ass! A reminder that it's nice to be nice to those that are nice!
Still looking at flooring. We have a few more days before we actually have to make a decision. We had a bunch of unforseen issues so not sure what our budget is anymore. We may have to keep the ugly vinyl in the kitchen but we'll have new flooring everywhere else. We can eventually do something different in the kitchen, it may have to wait a bit though.

P.s.
Dang, you have big feet Stone!

I'm hurting tonight. I put in a 12 hr day.
I've had a stomach virus or some kind and of garbage gut so I've been puking in-between projects for the last three days. Doesn't matter. I'm under the gun to get shit done.

My afternoon was derailed a bit.
I was supposed to be prepping walls for painters but ended up babysitting his parents. They have zero idea how to paint but they were gung-ho to get shit done. I ended up following them and fixing mistakes. Some I'll have to wait to fix until the paint dries. It just ends up being more work for me in the end. I'm going to go over there really early and finish that room and do the bathroom before they get there. They can spackle.
It was really hard to bite my tongue watching them paint. So many drips. It hurt my soul....ocd....ocd...
Have I mentioned that I have ocd?

Send them out for pizza instead!
Not a terrible idea but today proved that neither were willing to listen to me, even about simple things.
They just do what they want.

Bf said he'll gently fire them in the morning and we'll do it ourselves. It was very obvious how straining it was on them...one of the reasons that I didn't complain.
They may decide that today was taxing enough anyway.

Back
Top Bottom