I remember reading a journal where the fella used capsules, unfortunately before it became something that I really wanted to try he quit posting, I'm definitely interested in hearing about all these things. Instead of causing you the inconvenience of rereading old threads I'll take the time to have a read through and gain some knowledge, those long lists of pages can be quite daunting though at first glance. If you see me liking hundreds of posts apologies in advance, I tend to like a lot of what I read on here, a lot more than I dislike reading anyway. Also apologies Weasel for cluttering up your thread, don't hit me with the ban hammer please :)

Lol. Yeah right. I have liked every post on all my journals so far. Maybe one day I'll get a troll but it hasn't happened yet. We are in the same boat here -so we can trade knowledge. I get more crippled every week from muscle and joint pain and the last week had moments I felt like crying, like a sissy wimp. I'd love to develop something for pain.

Not really. I've eaten bubble hash before. Back in the days when I couldn't find any sativa, I used to use more hash. I preferred it to smoking indica bud. Eaten or smoked I can tolerate indica better in that form for some reason, but I still much much prefer the sativa high.
You think that's the way to go for pain relief?

You think that's the way to go for pain relief?

I do.
Caveat being, you'd want a pure indica, from a very reputable source. An Afghani, or a Paki Hash Plant. And bubble would be fine, it doesn't have to be oil. And it'd have different effect than opiates, so it'd take getting used to. Trying it once, wouldn't properly tell you the effectiveness, you'd want a regimen. I'd suggest a night time trial, very regimented, aimed @ pain reduction/improved sleep quality.

Cool. People seem to keep pointing towards the indicas for pain relief. Not a direction (indica) that I really want to go because I have all kinds of issues with the high.
But pain reduction is a direction I very very much want to go in. So I'll do what I can.
I'm in luck as I happen to have a lot of indicas going right now, which is quite unusual and just happened by chance somehow.
The two best looking candidates in the 100% indica dept are -

Afghan x Black Domina. I'm pretty sure this is from World of Seeds- it's a freebie oddball that I almost threw out because it struggled so much at the start. It gained ground eventually and I threw it into a free spot in flowering - because it was there. Sounds like an amazing strain for insomnia.

Peyote Purple by Ace Seeds. Another pure indica and the strain that grew the prettiest bud I've ever grown. It's a backcrossed Bubba Kush. Reviews are all over the map but it seems to be considered calming. 'Intensely relaxing' was one review...
I vaped a bit of the one I grew last. It was surprisingly weak considering the amazing amount of frost on it. I'm keen to try some more.

I should add that vaping indica is way more tolerable to me than smoking it. Well- it's a much weaker effect for one thing. But it brings less weirdness than smoking.

I may let both these strains flower extra long to enhance the sleepy effect. Unless that's a bad idea and is going to reduce the thc pain relief effect.
Then, with those two strains, along with the CBD Therapy and the sativas, and the indica heavy crosses like P Chunk and Critical Cheese- I should be able to concoct something or other.
Interesting tangent. Thanks. :thumb:

Afghan x Black Domina. I'm pretty sure this is from World of Seeds- it's a freebie oddball that I almost threw out because it struggled so much at the start. It gained ground eventually and I threw it into a free spot in flowering - because it was there. Sounds like an amazing strain for insomnia.

I got that freebie! I forget why, but mine failed. I'll look forward to following it.

Cool. People seem to keep pointing towards the indicas for pain relief. Not a direction (indica) that I really want to go because I have all kinds of issues with the high.
But pain reduction is a direction I very very much want to go in. So I'll do what I can.
I'm in luck as I happen to have a lot of indicas going right now, which is quite unusual and just happened by chance somehow.
The two best looking candidates in the 100% indica dept are -

Peyote Purple by Ace Seeds. Another pure indica and the strain that grew the prettiest bud I've ever grown. It's a backcrossed Bubba Kush. Reviews are all over the map but it seems to be considered calming. 'Intensely relaxing' was one review...
I vaped a bit of the one I grew last. It was surprisingly weak considering the amazing amount of frost on it. I'm keen to try some more.

I should add that vaping indica is way more tolerable to me than smoking it. Well- it's a much weaker effect for one thing. But it brings less weirdness than smoking.

I may let both these strains flower extra long to enhance the sleepy effect. Unless that's a bad idea and is going to reduce the thc pain relief effect.
Then, with those two strains, along with the CBD Therapy and the sativas, and the indica heavy crosses like P Chunk and Critical Cheese- I should be able to concoct something or other.
Interesting tangent. Thanks. :thumb:

Those are both excellent candidates Weaselcracker. :high-five: I'd be hard-pressed to choose a favorite. The Peyote Purple likely has more b-Caryophyllene in it. This cannabinoid will independently trigger activation of the CB2 receptors without interfering at all with THC uptake, a wonderful feature when you treat pain. It's been suggested that the terpene will actively modulate pain by acting on inflammatory response. The THC hits current pain, while CBD works on reducing inflammation. The power couple of ECS healing. b-Caryophyllene is a special component.

When you take cannabinoids through the gut you're looking at bioavailability of between 20- 40%. Take that same material and add some carrier oil and you raise the bioavailibity to around 75 - 80%. Add liquid sunflower lecithin and you've courted around 90% availability.

You see why I'm so passionate about the BioBomb capsules? It's not as easy as we make it look to grow cannabis at the quality and volume we do to produce healing oils. The more we can improve bioavailability the further the harvests can stretch, allowing us to slow down a bit (yeah....right :laughtwo: ) or share more.

Thanks Sue. I'm looking forward to this. Do you think I should let them flower as late as possible? I usually do anyway. But that may come with a bit of a thc reduction.
The best I can expect from these plants is pain reduction and...sleep. I don't want an indica high.
I'm skeptical about ingesting anything indica. But I'll have to unravel these mysteries- (creams, oil, CBD) by trying it myself.

Thanks Sue. I'm looking forward to this. Do you think I should let them flower as late as possible? I usually do anyway. But that may come with a bit of a thc reduction.
The best I can expect from these plants is pain reduction and...sleep. I don't want an indica high.
I'm skeptical about ingesting anything indica. But I'll have to unravel these mysteries- (creams, oil, CBD) by trying it myself.

Its actually been proven over and over again that you don't get the level of degradation of the THC we think we do by holding off the harvest. In fact, I was just reading yesterday that plant material that's aged for long periods of time only degrade the THC around 5-10%. It's not worth worrying about. Harvest the way you always do, either because they tell you "do it now!" or you take them because you have time and space constraints that seal their fate.

I recently processed a Candy Cane for my daughter, because we were running short of her CBD meds and needed something that would get her through until tomorrow when I harvest and make fresh oil. Candy Cane is an indica, and as you know, indicas don't work for me either. I tried one of the brownies I made for her to make sure she'd be ok with it (she takes tiny doses, much smaller than mine) and I didn't enjoy the experience much by the end. Couldn't wait to get back to my Carnival.

The CBD strains, although they're indica-dominant, don't have the indica effect on me. I've smoked them as a test and got a decent buzz, but none of the agitation or muddled mind I get with high THC indicas. The capsules effect the body differently too and offer hours of relief. I think you'll be ok Weaselcracker.

Read and read and read but experience says different. Where's this proof? I just read you say it does 10% but 10% isn't much, lol.
Start paying tax you'll realise how much 10% is :rofl:

Read and read and read but experience says different. Where's this proof? I just read you say it does 10% but 10% isn't much, lol.
Start paying tax you'll realise how much 10% is :rofl:

Big difference between taxes and trichomes Grizz. :rofl:

I was being a smarty :rofl: but most home growers grow between 12-17% thc..you take 10% from your high strain, 17% is now a 15.3% or 15% would be at 13.5% , 10% is noticeable, if it's only 10% but experience feels like more. Cbn effect might be too much and why feels greater than 10%

I was being a smarty :rofl: but most home growers grow between 12-17% thc..you take 10% from your high strain, 17% is now a 15.3% or 15% would be at 13.5% , 10% is noticeable, if it's only 10% but experience feels like more. Cbn effect might be too much and why feels greater than 10%

You misunderstood. That degradation would have only been 10% of the available THC. If you had 17% that would mean a long-term storage would have degraded about 1.7%.

The thing is, CBN is a valuable cannabinoid in its own right. That degradation of the THC doesn't necessarily turn out to be a bad thing, and may be negligibly noticable to the consumer.

I'm no Cannabis Connoisseur but I have no idea what my THC is at and it gets me stoned, it would be great if I could measure it too but that's not happening over here unless I take a science 101 readers digest edition class, and even then it's not going to be noticeable. I heard popcorn buds were shit too but I'll smoke them rather than anything else. I'd love a balance of CBD to THC and CBN and have that knockout pain relief just to be able to sleep in a week. I dgaf what ratio it is or whether I'm getting maximum high and that's the great thing about this plant, it works wonders what ever you use it for. Why so sceptical all the time?

I think my average THC is about 20%, I'd give 2% away for a different grade that did a different thing.

It opens up lots of thoughts.. everything wouldn't degrade equally. What else is becoming more active during thc degradation, what cannabinoids degrade quicker than thc etc etc..

Back
Top Bottom