~Golden Tiger Cross~

I think. It's also possible that it's not a cross, and just a regular Golden Tiger that self pollinated. The seeds are from the much beloved first GT I grew, which was a large single cola with a couple dozen seeds in it. I delved back into my second journal for clues but still have no idea of the source of the pollen. I can't remember if I had some ideas at the time. Been dying in bed for a week with the Flu from Hell and I can't focus on rereading half a journal right now.

Anyway- here is that original GT. The Hexapus's Garden

Turned out to be my all time favourite smoke. While it lasted, lol. The GTs I grew after this one were all Malawi leaning- while this one was much more Thai, but on a grand scale- bigger, heavier, stickier, even better high, and seemingly completely mould resistant.

This latest plant grew up into a gangly ugly duckling that looked like it had absolutely nothing going for it. It grew and grew in flowering for week after week while producing basically no bud. And no smell. We glared at each other in passing for a few months before one day I decided to just toss it in the scrap heap. At the last minute I changed my mind since the thing already had almost half a year of my not so tender loving care - and I wasn't desperate for the extra space. I did go and kill the clones in veg at that point though.
Anyway after that she really started to put on bud, and grew a lot in the last couple months. Still a real ugly duckling.
Though, due to congestion and yellowish lighting in the flower room, I never know for sure what I'm going to get till I drag them outside.
One thing that rubbed me the wrong way about this plant was that she had no smell. I've never had a plant like that. Until four weeks ago there was nothing. Then she started growing a faint smell of - pencil shavings.
Then in the last couple weeks she developed a Thai scent- but not very strong.
I might have left the duckling to cook for longer just for the hell of it. But she was starting to grow nanners all over and I felt like I had to rise from my death bed and deal with her.

Colour is skewed in this pic cause I'm using an ancient phone. She was not this blue, but it still shows the shape of the plant.

Nanners.

I love these little purple calyxes.

And these leaves.

She's been a very pleasant surprise. These are the same big heavy floppy buds I had on that single cola GT.
Even stickier though. And what's more- quite nice to look at and starting to purple a little bit. I have high hopes that I may have found my way back to my favourite smoke.
If not- it looks very close and I still have more seeds :thumb:,

Next up is farewell to the Critical Cheese I've been growing a couple years. Harvested the last one just now. I decided for some reason to discontinue this strain to make room for other ones, though I may buy more seeds of it some day.
As a goodbye gift, this one turned out to be the nicest one I've ever grown.

I'll try to upload the pics later. The new uploading system is excruciatingly slow for me and I have to psych myself up to go to all the work. It took me almost two hours to upload the GT pics. Also they load blind so you can't tell till the end of wait whether or not they're sideways or some such problem.

~Critical Cheese~

Farewell Cheesy. It's been a good run. And thanks for the goodbye fireworks!

The end of an era indeed.
I recently ended my UD1 line in search of better UDs. So far, I've found the smelliest plant in the world. I can only hope your search is as successful.

I wonder if the lack of smell on the GTX has to do with cooler winter temps. I know my girls get much stankier when warm.

I think it was just genetics Tead. That last Critical Cheese was the most pungent one I've ever grown. In general my flowering room - with that Cheese and four Pineapple Chunks in it, has awfully pretty eye-watering lately.

Beautiful autumnal colours on that cheese ‘Cracker :yummy:

And great story on the GT! I hope it’s everything it promises
:rollit:

Hey I got some of those black nitrile gloves - they’re great! So much better that latex. Amazed I’ve only just discovered them...:rolleyes:
they’re super durable

Cracking garden! :ciao:

Thanks Amy. Cannabis fall colours are kind of an sick addiction for me. I suppose I should look at the trichomes once in a while, but I probably won't. I think I've done it about once in the last four years...?

I'm going to use a big portion of the Golden Tigger to turn into Malawi style cobs. This is something I've rambled on about a few times over the years but never got around to. Mainly because I couldn't see a sane way to accomplish making them.
Amazingly, Sue recently got this idea in her teeth and just ran with it and has posted a way easier method, and things have suddenly fallen into place. I'll start this cob making process in a couple days.

and things have suddenly fallen into place.
Sue has a knack for bringing on those moments. I’ll be watching that thread a bit (moves really fast though!) so will look forward to it. I think cobbling is a bit further off in my future. I’m still very early in my growing career and the learning curve on that plus learning about oil and tincture making (including some nice pain creams) has me pretty well ‘full’ at the moment. The cobbing process feels like a whole new level! I’ll enjoy watching you all getting into it though.

Autumn colours - nothing wrong with that. Those colours are beautiful :yummy: and I’m sure your weed is as potent as hell!

Yeah that thread moves much too fast... still- all the info is there in the first few pages.
Cobbing was just an idea I stumbled across when I was first reading about Malawi Gold when I first started growing Malawi. At the one there was this great tutorial thread on traditional cobs, and it sounded really interesting.
Also I have an attachment to weed I used to get that was fermented brown. Most Thai weed was cured like this. I mean I'm not actually sure how it was cured, but it came out looking a bit like fermented and cured tobacco leaf. Maybe it's mostly a sentimental attachment, but I miss that stuff. Cobs aside, I see potential to mess around with that 'brown bud' idea.
Amd admittedly, part of me is thinking 'hey, that was my idea.
So I'm clinging on to the train.

I was reading a journal on Malawi cobbing a while back. Was pretty interested till the dude was talking about passing out for 15 minutes after smoking it then being just right shit faced for another eight hours after that. Those years for me have long passed. lol.

sounds like the transition back to normality,, tho it may be a slow transition,,, perhaps the health graph has started to turn upward,,

cheers to ya friend,, chat real soon,,

:volcano-smiley:

I was reading a journal on Malawi cobbing a while back. Was pretty interested till the dude was talking about passing out for 15 minutes after smoking it then being just right shit faced for another eight hours after that. Those years for me have long passed. lol.

It’s probably the same thread I based ours on Scrogdawg. Funny how the same passages effect us so differently. I read his posts and thought “I want me some of that!” Lol!

Amy, you know when you’re ready to try I’ll be nearby. :hug:

Weaselcracker, I allow myself to be open to cosmic inspiration and these things come to me. I myself can’t believe how fast the thread became, even though most of the posts are mine. :rofl: I got really excited when I read his thread and you know how I love to share fun stuff. Hehe! :battingeyelashes:

Tangwena describes his GT cob experience the other day as “orgasmic.” Brace yourself. Lol!

It’s probably the same thread I based ours on Scrogdawg. Funny how the same passages effect us so differently. I read his posts and thought “I want me some of that!” Lol!

Thats what @JustMeds thought too, and hes an old bugger like me. lol

Thats what @JustMeds thought too, and hes an old bugger like me. lol

Oh really? Old? Lol! You guys....I'm growing younger, playing in this sandbox. :slide: It was JustMeds who sent me looking at Tangwena's thread.

Most Thai weed was cured like this. I mean I'm not actually sure how it was cured, but it came out looking a bit like fermented and cured tobacco leaf.
Hey that’s true. I remember the ‘Thai Sticks’ we used to get in the late 80s. The first time a bunch of us got one (year 12 cronies - so last year of high school), we were all a bit bummed cause it was so small right?! So, not knowing any better - we just lit up the stick and smoked it all between a few of us in one session. Oh dear - were we on our ears!!:rofl: Like I literally couldn’t walk or see for a while... We got another one pretty quickly after that! And used it properly...

Funny how the same passages effect us so differently. I read his posts and thought “I want me some of that!” Lol!
I knew when I read Scrogdawg’s post that you were gonna say that!

Amy, you know when you’re ready to try I’ll be nearby. :hug:
Thanks - i’ll Be counting on it!
Tangwena describes his GT cob experience the other day as “orgasmic.” Brace yourself. Lol!
Better think about cobbing some Blue Dream then Sue... ;)

Hey that’s true. I remember the ‘Thai Sticks’ we sued to get in the late 80s. The first time a bunch of us got one (year 12 cronies - so last year of high school), we were all a bit bummed cause it was so small right?! So, not knowing any better - we just lit up the stick and smoked it all between a few of us in one session. Oh dear - were we on our ears!!:rofl: Like I literally couldn’t walk or see for a while... We got another one pretty quickly after that! And used it properly...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Amy Gardner said:
Better think about cobbing some Blue Dream then Sue... ;)

I'm already eyeing the reserve jar Amy, but I'll wait to grow a new specimen. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom