Boom!

Yeah they were super quick! I actually was just drifting off to sleep at 11 o'clock at night when I remembered those seeds, so I dragged myself out of bed and threw them in with some paper towel. They were already sprouted yesterday morn when I got up around 7.

You get desktop yet? im not liking this app... i barely get any updates now.. wonder if the site use has declined or just my subbed threads.. i feel like dudes not doing it to piss me off, lol...

No I haven't- but I know better than to uhhh... complain or rant, as it's referred to, at this point. Sort of resigned to the way things are for now, and thinking that some fresh cannonfodder might raise the issues and it might get it sorted out. For me it hasn't been a huge problem- just not my personal preference

And yes- compared to last year it seems like the place is almost empty. Tead said looking at the numbers it's about normal. I'm not so sure but I only looked once and in that case it was 10pm my time and only had 55 members online- which is very low.

Cloning notes - All the aero cloner cuttings are showing roots now. About 20 days in... I think for sure it would have happened much sooner, but I've been so busy I barely get motivation to do much at night and I left things in that room way colder than they could have been. Like in the low 60s. I saw it, but partly left it there like that as an experiment. Very soon after I upped the temps (aka moved a heater closer) roots started forming.

Very nice roots actually.

The plastic bag experiment was a mixed bag. A couple rooted. A couple went extremely mouldy.

At any rate I finally have roots on everything I most needed to root, so I can move the tattered remnants of this operation forward, finally.

Wow it's echoey here on 420 lately. When I think of all the members who have gone silent... It's really disconcerting.
Even all the catching up that I mean to do with this journal, which runs all the way back to the 'time of the big fish', seems fairly pointless- given that most of the people posting just a few months ago have vanished.

I'm curious - do you post from a phone or laptop? I think we lost a lot of the phone people who relied on notifications, etc, and who can't find the new layout on a phone. I had no trouble from the first day, but I'm mostly on a laptop.

I think the phone users are more casual about the site than we laptop junkies, too, and my experience has been that when the site slows down, a phone locks up worse. I can cancel and reload on a computer. They'll be back when it all stabilizes.

Cloning notes - All the aero cloner cuttings are showing roots now. About 20 days in... I think for sure it would have happened much sooner, but I've been so busy I barely get motivation to do much at night and I left things in that room way colder than they could have been. Like in the low 60s. I saw it, but partly left it there like that as an experiment. Very soon after I upped the temps (aka moved a heater closer) roots started forming.

Very nice roots actually.

The plastic bag experiment was a mixed bag. A couple rooted. A couple went extremely mouldy.

At any rate I finally have roots on everything I most needed to root, so I can move the tattered remnants of this operation forward, finally.

Wow it's echoey here on 420 lately. When I think of all the members who have gone silent... It's really disconcerting.
Even all the catching up that I mean to do with this journal, which runs all the way back to the 'time of the big fish', seems fairly pointless- given that most of the people posting just a few months ago have vanished.

If you have better results with a cloner, what kind of ambient humidity are you at to have such success cloning? My household humidity can be anywheres between 25% and 50%, which is why I use a baggie. I do get mould certain times of the year, and yes, rooting is iffy.

I'm curious - do you post from a phone or laptop? I think we lost a lot of the phone people who relied on notifications, etc, and who can't find the new layout on a phone. I had no trouble from the first day, but I'm mostly on a laptop.

I think the phone users are more casual about the site than we laptop junkies, too, and my experience has been that when the site slows down, a phone locks up worse. I can cancel and reload on a computer. They'll be back when it all stabilizes.

I don't use a smart phone. All my Internet activity is done on my PC. Amy summed up the issues nicely in her post # 567 on the New Forums thread. Looks like I'm not alone.

Yeah I guess by the time I started hanging out here more lately there were already issues with the app, which was aggravating the app-using crowd. I've also noticed that the mobile users are more... mobile.
There are good things about the mobile app. But I guess not everyone appreciates being forced into someone else's idea of 'better' with this cheesy condensed 'EZ-view' format. I miss having full features. Being able to navigate threads by the page number, being able to see who last posted on a thread, being able to see signatures normally.... I don't think I've ever stumbled across a website before that didn't allow the users to have the choice. I guess I'm just in the minority. It's fine when you have a desktop to fall back on so you can access the missing features that were removed to make it 'easier'.

Or shall I say- 'EZ-r'

I can see why the management would want to try and entice the migratory flock of phonies to come back here. But it does seem weird to force everyone into the same format.

But I'd better not go down that rabbit hole again...

Being offline for six months or so, it's weird to come back and see so many familiar names gone, but maybe that's just normal attrition, I don't know. It is quiet though- makes it a little more boring when things are so empty and threads go mostly unanswered.

For myself I only have mobile access. That's all I've ever had for 420, at least since it arrived here in Antarctica a few years back and I upgraded from dial-up. And judging by my conversations with the local bureaucracy, that's the way it's going to be for many years to come.

If you have better results with a cloner, what kind of ambient humidity are you at to have such success cloning? My household humidity can be anywheres between 25% and 50%, which is why I use a baggie. I do get mould certain times of the year, and yes, rooting is iffy.

Here I'll try this and see if it alerts you. @AKgramma I just checked that room and the RH is at 45. Usually it's around 65 in there, but the weather's given us another high pressure spell for the last few days with freezing temps, so RH outside is lower than usual. Ie- it stopped pissing rain for a few days.
But I've heard it insisted that when using this cloner the cuttings should not need any misting regardless of the RH.

Grizz, nobody has any time, energy or desire to waste on screwing with you.

Weasel, the title limits were reduced in the new software.

Hope that clears up any of your assumptions about anyone screwing with you, we don't play games here.

Here I'll try this and see if it alerts you. @AKgramma I just checked that room and the RH is at 45. Usually it's around 65 in there, but the weather's given us another high pressure spell for the last few days with freezing temps, so RH outside is lower than usual. Ie- it stopped pissing rain for a few days.
But I've heard it insisted that when using this cloner the cuttings should not need any misting regardless of the RH.

Since you have over 1200 posts, would you please post here what cloner you are using? I want to look it up on Amazon.

Yep. Just finishing a work break AK but it's only a couple pages back.

420 - no talk or naughty thoughts here about anyone 'screwing with me'. I figured it was a glitch or a shortened version. Just surprised to see no titles listed anywhere within my profile at all so that would seem more like a glitch. But will look more later- maybe I missed it.

Teddy mentioned the titles issue in last month's contest threads :thumb:

Titles
Whilst adding titles to this month's winners, I have discovered the problem with them. The new software currently only allows 44 characters beneath your name.

Please bear with us whilst we address it. I'll give everyone their due when it's fixed.

:thanks:

Paper thin skin and a humourless ego, not a good mix..
420 that is such a relief to hear your not screwing with me. I know they have been made purely for my benefit.. I was really really really really really really really worried you were playing games with me.. thank you so much for clearing that up..

Back
Top Bottom