I've pondered this long enough Tead and I'm still not sure what you mean so I have to ask. You mean you usually used to dry trim? Or.... something?

I had been... for many years.... about a year ago I made the discovery. I don't think I've tried a wet trim on PC (Damn PC!) yet, but the next one that rolls along will suffer the swamp trimmin.

Oh I see. I just didn't want to jump to conclusions about the wet trimming comment.
I looked at that post from all angles and somehow it reminded me of a time when I was 16 and only lived to play guitar and was reading this interview with Mark Knopfler about how he liked to dampen his strings a lot when he plays, so I- uhh... well.... never mind.
My guitar lived through it.
Anyway I have the opposite experience as wet-trimming has been the way I've always done it- with rare exceptions. I guess that's why I got confused by your post - because to me it's the normal way to do everything.
But I do like the way the trichomes sparkle when you dry a bud that's untouched. Makes me want to dry trim more. I can see it would be good to have both methods in the tool box for different strains.

You'll have to look to Tead for a decent answer to that. For my part I've just done small amounts of it and actually don't know how it's 'supposed' to be done.
For me it's like holding a delicate sparkly crystally object and using a 'pokey thing' like a matchstick or whatever- to put a little pressure on any parts you want to remove- they just snap off, or sort of flick off. Since they won't just flick off when you tell them to you have to use some sort of stick to get them to leave.
So far I've only done it on buds that didn't need huge amounts of trimming anyway- but the process is probably the same.

I've never dry trimmed. I'm going to give a few buds the dry trim next chop and give it a try. Any tricks to doing it?

Yes... have lots of alcohol nearby... you're way gonna need it for cleaning.
Oh! Plus, you'll get tons more "scissor hash" or "grower's hash".... the residue left behind on your finger or scissors. Roll it into little balls and suck it down.

Oh I see. I just didn't want to jump to conclusions about the wet trimming comment.
I looked at that post from all angles and somehow it reminded me of a time when I was 16 and only lived to play guitar and was reading this interview with Mark Knopfler about how he liked to dampen his strings a lot when he plays, so I- uhh... well.... never mind.
My guitar lived through it.
Anyway I have the opposite experience as wet-trimming has been the way I've always done it- with rare exceptions. I guess that's why I got confused by your post - because to me it's the normal way to do everything.
But I do like the way the trichomes sparkle when you dry a bud that's untouched. Makes me want to dry trim more. I can see it would be good to have both methods in the tool box for different strains.

Not really such a big thing. Just a touch messier is all. Maybe you can trim a millimeter closer because the leaves are not weighed down by a bit of water... maybe a nano-meter.... hardly worth pondering.

I'm just such a lazy bastard that I usually just grab a plant and attack in a deleafing frenzy of sorts.... but wet trimming is so much betta.

i don't dry trim,, tho i have,, but i do dry shave, or i have

am i the only one who notices that ripe buds are not near as sticky as unripe buds,, just me or what???

hey weaseley,, just a note,, remember a member to remember named brother420?? he was in greece,, which is cool all by itself,, but

he grew with soil composed of five equal parts of , potting soil, peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and worm castings,,,,, he never had to fertilize,, this is completely organic, i guess,, straight water till harvest,, nothing else

i have always grown with equal parts of the first four, but never with worm castings,, and have used commercial fertilizers

till now

just planted my first worm castings plant,, plain water only,, see how this goes,, perhaps i might give up on urine,, who knows??

\cheers friend,, :peace::ciao:

oh, i wanted to ask you about the cream you were happy with too,, perhaps there is a spot in this journal where you chat about it?? i just bought some grape seed oil,, going to use it as the base i think,, apparently coconut oil has molecules too big to properly enter the skin membrane,, sheesh,,,, who knew???

If wet trimming is 'so much better', then dry trimming must be pretty f$&@ing bad...!

Nivek I'm really interested in that water only idea. This weekly bottle feeding idea might have been designed by a committee, I'm starting to think.

Yeah of course I remember 420Brother.
That last grow he did looked top notch too. I sort of missed the end - I think he had some sort of security issue - but as far as I remember they finished well (?)
Potchimp has been using 'granular nutes' dug in the initial mix - with a touchup or two along the way. He said it's working better and easier than the bottle routine.

Re the skin cream- that was right around the time I started getting smote with natural and human made disasters and wandered off of 420. So no I didn't post much about it.
I don't have a lot of knowledge to share. Got most of my info from a couple of Sue's threads and felt fairly newbie and confused about the whole process all the way through, and still do. I have a lot of questions around the subject that I don't know the answers to.
Nevertheless I ended up with a bunch of cream and it completely proved to me finally that cannabis really does work for pain. Something I was still unclear about.

The cream I made won't solve something like critical back spasms, as an example, but it will almost vaporize most forms of low level pain, and greatly ease mid level pain. As a telling example- one morning this week around 4am I woke up and I couldn't get back to sleep because my lower back was too sore. Not really bad- but a nagging pain so I just couldn't drift off.
I tossed and turned for over an hour then I finally got around to rubbing some cream on, and then I fell asleep again within minutes. To me that's pretty amazing.
I used jojoba oil. It's hideously expensive but very nice. Coconut oil (I made a batch with that too) is too greasy for me but it seemed to work just as well as jojoba oil.
I've never heard of anyone using hemp oil, and I don't know why not- but I think I'll try that next.

:thumb:try pumpkin seed oil, excellent penetration, Magnus recommends it,:Namaste:

MMagnus does indeed recommend pumpkin seed oil,, but his number one choice is grape seed oil, and of interest weaseley, he also claims that grapeseed oil is the most readily available, and i certainly just found some at wallmart

CCoconut oil, according to magnus info, has molecules too big to easily pass through the skin membrane of most humans,, some humans have huge membranes, so it gets,through for them, I think

SSo, weaseley, please,, oil, buds and bees wax,, is that it or any other secret ingredients??

CCheers agin friend,,

AAll hail spring,, or it will never freakin come

Saw the first robin today -and daffodils are sprouting up through the latest snow dump.

Forgot to mention- Re the plant feeding issue- one of several reasons I want to eventually switch gears is that I found out the company that makes my nutes - they got bought by Scotts, who is in bed with Monsanto. What are they doing in that bed? Who knows... probably the same stuff they'd like to do to us harder.

Yes just those three ingredients.
My main confusion areas were around -decarbing (yes/no? I'm still not sure- and I had to learn how to for the first time- using inadequate equipment), whether to use high thc or high cbd bud, whether to use dried or fresh bud, and what temp to use, and how long to process for when making the oil.

I found a thread somewhere where the guy said he got far far more potent oil by brewing it for a week or more on a low temp. But is high potency in terms of thc the main factor you're looking for- when it comes to skin cream ? I don't know.

Saw the first robin today -and daffodils are sprouting up through the latest snow dump.

Forgot to mention- Re the plant feeding issue- one of several reasons I want to eventually switch gears is that I found out the company that makes my nutes - they got bought by Scotts, who is in bed with Monsanto. What are they doing in that bed? Who knows... probably the same stuff they'd like to do to us harder.

Yes just those three ingredients.
My main confusion areas were around -decarbing (yes/no? I'm still not sure- and I had to learn how to for the first time- using inadequate equipment), whether to use high or high cbd bud, whether to use dried or fresh bud, and what temp to use, and how long to process for when making the oil.

I found a thread somewhere where the guy said he got far far more potent oil by brewing it for a week or more on a low temp. But is high potency in terms of thc the main factor you're looking for- when it comes to skin cream ? I don't know.

Yes, you want the highest THC values you can get for a pain topical. You want the buds decarbed as completely as you can. THCa will act in many respects like CBD, but it's an unstable molecule, aggressively trying to convert to THC. To keep it stable you need to keep it cool, and carrying a pain cream with you defeats that objective. So I make mine high THC.

It's THC that does the heavy work modulating pain. I posted a video in the Study Hall today that you'd love. It increased my respect for the healing potential of cannabis.

Cannabinoids vs pain

I'd go with high THC, dried and decarbed buds - 110 minutes at 110 degrees C . I've been following Dave Groomer's recipe pretty closely, melting the beeswax or soy wax into half the infused oil needed and then adding the other half, stir, and pour into the containers. It works beautifully.

I've been using amber-colored empty deodorant containers I got from the rain forest. Reusable and easy to transport and handle. They sell these cool lip balm containers too that're great to carry in your pocket. Then you're never without. :battingeyelashes:

nivek, the easiest recipe I have is Dave Groomer's. I sent you instructions. Check your conversations. :battingeyelashes:

nivek, the easiest recipe I have is Dave Groomer's. I sent you instructions. Check your conversations. :battingeyelashes:
High Sue - could you send to me too please? I have scheduled making topical oil with that recipe sometime soon... realise I can’t access your blog of it atm (won’t it be great when we get blogs back?!).
:thanks:

freeze..

Those are just regular nitrile gloves- the stretchy kind you don't want to see your doctor putting on. These ones just happen to be black instead of blue or white. (You really don't want to see your doctor putting the black ones on).
The finger hash builds till it gets to a point where it can be peeled off. Or as Grizz said- if you throw the gloves in the freezer -it gets brittle and flakes off pretty easily.

:thumb::thanks:
finger hash builds till it gets to a point where it can be peeled off. Or as Grizz said- if you throw the gloves in the freezer -it gets brittle and flakes off pretty easily.

...just regular nitrile gloves- the stretchy kind you don't want to see your doctor putting on. These ones just happen to be black instead of blue or white. (You really don't want to see your doctor putting the black ones on).

:rofl: I’m getting the black ones

Back
Top Bottom