~Pineapple Chunk~

The troubled relationship continues.

It's been ages since I had one of these PCs show a decent amount of colour. This one was just starting. I really would have loved to have seen this one go a couple more weeks, but it was starting to look like I would have been fighting the mysterious white death the whole time and I don't have time for that right now. The colours you see now would have gotten much more intense. I love the blue colour that comes out in these buds sometimes.

The buds on this strain grow like a bunch of crinkly sugar leaves that start out as a fluffy mass and slowly glom together and build density as the weeks go by. I'm not sure how to describe it. The buds can stay the same size for the last six weeks, without changing a huge amount in outward appearance to a casual glance. But in that time they can undergo a really big change in internal composition.
Starting with something that's about the consistency of a chunk of iceberg lettuce (only more sticky)- like crisp sugar leaves very loosely bundled together in the shape of a bud, with lots of air between them. Then ending with buds that have the texture of thick and heavy half melted cotton candy - like your scissors can't properly cut the stuff they just sink into the ooze and get stuck to it.
It's at that stage that there's the best colour.

I was still a couple weeks away from that cotton candy stage. It's a really hard stage to get to, because the P Chunk just loves to Freak Out along the way and usually causes so much trouble she gets chopped early. It's extremely rare that I grow one to the finish line in any state of health and perfection and I estimate at least 1/3 of all the PCs I've ever grown have been chopped early and tossed into the bubble hash scrap heap. The good thing is it's pretty good for making bubble hash.

Anyway- as nice as that cotton candy stuff is to smoke and look at- it's absolute hell to trim and totally disgusting to work with, in a masochistic fun sort of way.
This plant was still pretty crisp and the buds were relatively easy to to trim- other than the fact that it was an absolute tangled mess, which meant it actually took forever to trim.

This first pic shows the white death I'm talking about. On that bud in the centre. It will be totally dried up and crispy. Trichomes intact and sparkling. There was only this one spot on it at time of harvest but I had chopped quite a few other bits of it -damage control mode during the last couple weeks.

This is how the plant looked after I harvested all the main buds. I had done at least two cleanup sessions on this plant during flowering and removed large amounts of undergrowth as well as neatly arranged the branches on the scrog screen. Really it seems to need at least three beautifying sessions where I strip everything but the uppermost foliage and leave only a few branches. The stuff is just such a mess - and it's disgusting to work with which is why I need a moon suit.

Thanks man :passitleft:
It is good bud but I think also I've just been kind of unlucky or stupid in the way I've approached getting a good indica. Because I don't really smoke it much- it's mainly for others for trades. They love the P Chunk but they don't have to grow it. P Chunk is just something that came my way early on and I haven't managed to get rid of it :eek: I do need something to fill that niche because the esteemed patients/trading partners don't like sativa as much.
If I was a true indica lover I probably would have sorted this out long ago. Instead I've been darting off in all directions growing failed multi-strain grafted sativas and stuff like that. Probably all I need is a good chunky Kush strain that knocks a person out- and is easy to grow and trim.

Good looking harvest Weasel. The goop on your gloves kind of tells the story. Nice pictures and a good write up on the PC, thanks.

I recently finished a Strawberry Kush grow (420 seeds) that sounds like it might remedy your trade bait needs for a decent Indica. I think the best Indica I've grown for ease of grow, resistant to just about everything, great yield and knock out punch was the White Widow from MJ Seeds in B.C. That White Widow would give your partners the kick they want in an excellent Indica.

Thank you for the tip! I'm scuttling off to investigate that right now.

Edit - oh yeah and I forgot this one

Had to psych myself up and climb all the way up that stupid tree again. Snow dumping down my neck- cordless drill in hand. Storm had cranked my antenna around a bit

Please pardon the intrusion. :thanks:

Since many of you stay in the grow room with blinders on, we have to spread the word somehow.

The mobile apps have been temporarily disbled, you can now access our 420% mobile friendly website via all smartphones through a browser like Google Chrome.

Please vote in the poll and subscribe to this thread for more details, discussions and updates
Brand New Forums & Gallery

For those of you needing guidance on the new gallery
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thank you for your patience, understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:

IMO, it looks like your PC is confused. She doesn't know whether she wants to grow flowers or lettuce! :laugh:

I have grown some difficult strains that tend to lose all their leaves till all I have left are buds on sticks.

Yeah it's definitely got some issues. One of those ugly duckling things with one or two redeeeming qualities you just get saddled with in life sometimes and then end up living with, even though half of you knows it's just - wrong. They say a camel is a horse designed by a committee. Not sure what committee designed this thing- and named it Pineapple Chunk. There's nothing about it that evokes the word 'chunk', and it doesn't smell like pineapple.

thinking outside the box, I know, usually such a straight and narrow type. Turn a u around makes a c.. Maybe it was meant to be chuck.. pineapple vomit...

Pineapples are good in pina colodas, not pizzas or much else, in my excellent opinion.

Heya weaseley,, cheers friend,, pm commin,,

I wanna see your expertise tackle a plant I have bragged about, my scientifically derived og-x

Mega gnarly cheetah zebra seeds,, and groovin bountiful interesting buds,, but,,,

They deserve a pro grow ya Know?,, big space, which I lack,, and you possess, perhaps

So,, i propose a proposition,,

But,
marriage is not my intent, honest

chat real soon friend,,

Hmmm yeah Painful Chuck. Funny you should mention that Grizz, I have been feeling a little nauseous the last couple days now that you bring the subject up. Had this weird dream wherein I ventured forth upon a noble and well meaning quest, into a strange and somewhat miserable kingdom of mirrors, trolls, and magical quicksand. Alas, I failed in my valiant efforts to bring my humble report from the peasants to the king, and was sucked into a vortex, stomped by the royal harpies of positive energy, and sentenced to be flogged in public, while the masses looked on in silence, and aides rushed in to bathe the offended king in fresh cream and soothing honey.
Weird how you have those dreams sometimes you just can't shake. Unsettling really.
And how's your tummy these days, Sir Grizzwald?

Have you decided on a replacement indica yet?

The on-hand candidates for PC replacement are :

-Chocolate Mint OG. I have three of those growing- the ancient little clone, the variegated one (which is really not very happy about being variegated but is still cool to have around), and one other one planted at the same time as the variegated which is actually thriving.

-Gorilla Glue#4. I think I got this from Gorilla Seeds on a contest prize coupon. Second run and I'm not so sure I think much of this one. Might kill the one in veg even though it's fairly huge.

- Y Griega. Finally cloned this one, so I can finally go ahead and let it flower. I grew one of these before and it was very good. I guess it's technically more sativa than indica....but anything with that much indica in it I pretty much just call indica.

- OG Kush. These aren't quite on hand. Ordered and on the way. I think.

And a few tips and ideas on the shortlist.

Sounds interesting Nivek. I look forward to the pm.
Expertise.,. Hmmmm.... :hmmmm: * yeh not so sure about that.
Pineapples are about as badly named as Pineapple Chunk is. Another committee effort I guess.

* Edit- oh we don't have the :hmmmm: emoji anymore? Too bad that's my most used one how am I going to communicate now? :hmmmm:
:hmmmm:

Lucky you, just a dream.. I had a similar event but couldn't wake up, just my life :rofl: I clearly remember struggling in quicksand but I had a helper near to me. Very calm and clear he was, where I was thrashing about making waves.. but the calm one was sinking just as quick :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom