Well I'm not sure about that PC cobbing. So far it looks like the first one, the one that looks like a green cat scat, is going to harden up like one too. I started a new one- bigger and with somewhat drier bud, about five days ago. I haven't peeked at it yet.
As for the effect- Tangwena the cobbing expert seems to think that indicas don't gain much by cobbing. It will be hard for me to tell personally because I don't want to fry my brain by smoking that indica. It's just an experiment, and I'll give it away to friends to try. If it turns out to be something great maybe it's a trading commodity, but I doubt it. I'm not expecting too much beyond the fun of the experiment - which is usually enough reward in itself.

I started an Ace Ethiopian and another GT x Thai Stick last week. The Ethiopian is fine but the GT wouldn't sprout. Until I took a file to the edges of it pretty hard.
Planted it a few days ago. Then yesterday I noticed it wasn't getting taller in the pot and the seed pod was intact and completely stuck on. I crushed the casing with my fingers with great difficulty, but it doesn't look like the plant is going to open up. Filed another one and put it in to sprout tonight.

Here are two of my three Chocolate Mints. These two were sprouted and planted on the same days. The variegated one has grown half as fast- presumably because it has half the working foliage.
The variegation is interesting looking to me though. A little healthier than it was before too. I think I'll clone it before flowering it- just in case....:passitleft:

Strange......cool, but strange :thumb:

My botanist friend got back to me last night and said this about it.

Yeah, variegated plants tend to be less vigorous because of the lack of chlorophyll, the green shoots tend to grow better than the others and will usually overwhelm them... eventually.
Some kinds of variegation can be caused by viruses but that is usually pretty clearly unhealthy looking, more of a mottled look, the kind your plant has is more likely from kind of spontaneous DNA mutation.
I think it would be worth keeping for its ornamental value....it'd probably be worth a small fortune Japan, they are obsessed with variegated plants there.
Sometimes they 'come true' from seed ie; look like the parent, sometimes the same variegation won't appear till the second generation or not at all.

He said it's not likely to survive, and to take a mixed cutting. Though I would think if I took a pure green one it would be the same genetics and show the same effect later on. I'll try both - mixed and 'normal' looking cuttings.

Some copy and paste... I wonder?
Variegated plants growing in shady or semi-shady locations are really at a disadvantage. Not only do they have low levels of chlorophyll, but they are not even exposed to adequate light. This scenario lends itself to reversion of variegated leaves.

Variegated plants tend to be less hearty and vigorous as compared to their completely green cousins. They have no more or less general problems, but some plants can produce albino growth. This type of growth cannot gather solar energy and will eventually die back. If all the new growth becomes albino, the plant will not survive. This is the very opposite of the reversion process.

I'm wondering if the flowers will be partly variegated. In which case unfortunately they'll eventually partly die, same as the leaves eventually partly die, and probably go mouldy. Bummer.
Maybe I should get on a plane and take it to Japan now, instead of later. To get my small fortune.

Variegated plants tend to be less hearty and vigorous as compared to their completely green cousins. They have no more or less general problems, but some plants can produce albino growth. This type of growth cannot gather solar energy and will eventually die back. If all the new growth becomes albino, the plant will not survive. This is the very opposite of the reversion process.

Trippy....o_O

Trippy indeed,, that variegated plant is groovy to the max. Looks like it needs a hug tho

YYou sure are producing the goods all right

SSo I just harvested a lemon skunk, from gifted seeds,, not a great plant as it is hermying like a mother so chopped a bit early. but,, i popped three lemon skunk seeds,, all three are different,, there is the one just harvested,, meh,, then one a month into flower,, looks and smells near totally different thannthe first,, then there is the third one,, and it apparently is an auto,, again, completely different than the other two. how would an auto get in there???

DDid a small Cob from the fresh cut lemon skunk baby buds.

LLove the Cob smell,, like fresh cut wood maybe,, similar but cant quite put my finger on the smell

CCheers weaseley,, karma sent

my cob, yesterday,, green/black as all get out

very different from yours friend,, very,,

cheers agin,, merry christmas

Heya dawger,, well, I can not tell a lie,, no

HHa,, least not the big one. I did chew a bit of the small one last night,, tho I had a cupl beer and plenty o vape n smoke, etc

BBut, tho I will not attest to any great affects, cuz I went to bed not too long after,, but, I will attest to the fine taste ot the thing,, and i have eaten raw weed before, and it is simply gross

The big one is ready to cure tomorrow, so i will open and I will nibble, promise

Cheers dawger

Nice cob nivek. :high-five:

I don't really want to say it, but the memories are too strong.
That black cob reminds me of one of the many scatological objects one has to hurdle walking around India. Reflexes must be fast to dodge the little black snake on the ground, merely glimpsed in your peripheral vision as you stumble down an alleyway or across a rare patch of grass.
At least people would think twice before molesting our cob stashes! ;)

~P Chunk~

I harvested two more of the PCs. One last night- and I didn't snap pics of the one from three days ago, but it was similar.
The one last night was the most successful one, and I think probably yielded the most good bud even though it was the smallest.
I'm slowly learning how to walk the line with my 600w bulbs, and not expect too much. The other PCs were overcrowded, and I realize more and more that it just doesn't work for me. I can't expect to get good bud from bud that is buried under other buds, when I'm already receiving all the lit surface area I can reasonably expect.

Short of getting a new type of light, I don't think I can expect bigger miracles in the yield dept. And I'd rather have two or three ounces of great bud than five of mediocre. I got somewhere between 3 and 4 with this last one- (closer to 3 for sure) which is better than the previous two I harvested even though they were much more crowded. A bunch of the bud on the other ones was sub-par

(This is a crappy blurry pic but I kept it because it shows the basic size and shape of the plant on the screen.)

The last two pics I think show some of the horrible gooey-ness of the situation, especially the last one if you look at the frothy nature of the buds.

That's all the PCs to harvest for a while. I have a big one in a 15 gallon pot that I put in to flowering a couple weeks ago.
Last night my revelations led me to go rework that plant, and I macheted it down a bit, untangled it from its screen, and spread it out over a two-screen setup.

I think this will work out much better.

Ya know... I cobbed up some heavy indica stuff (cause that's what I grow) and noticed some difference, but not the huge differences I had hoped for. I think Tang's words about cobbing the indicas may be spot-on.
Got some sativa genetics going... I'm sure the testing will be fun.

Damn PC's... getting all that crap all over your gloves and scissors.

I love your gooey harvest pictures with all that stickiness covering your fingers. :thumb:

I can’t harvest with gloves on. My hands scream in protest.

The double screen looks like it might just get her to harvest better. Speaking of harvest, I have a triple one in the works, so I’d best get back to it. Glad I stopped. The pictures were worth it.

@Tead, the cobs will change in effect as they cure. It takes three months to be able to make a decent judgement as to effect. We suspect it may be the complexity of the Indicas getting in the way somehow. Sativas tend to be less complicated genetically.

I don't think there is a better testament out there about the grade of pot you grow weaseley,, than the gooey mess on yer fingers there,, gets me everytime

TThink them gloves paint a heck of a picture, least in my head they do,, way to be a do er

CCheers agin friend,, ha

Back
Top Bottom