Made it back a few days ago :). The trip was very very good and all’s well with the plants to my amazement. The main problem is been smoking a lot of that P Chunk which I don’t usually smoke, and have kind of taken a liking to it. Also been busy with the trip aftermath so the days have been long and I’ve been having a hard time getting back online.

That was a perfect conversation to come back to last night, and it made me happy to read. But since I’m so stoned lately I couldn’t/can’t do much more than smile and drool and think happy thoughts about it, at least at this time of night. But -thanks! ❤ I will try to catch up as time allows, and hopefully come back to this with a couple more brain cells.

When I was away I was thinking that maybe I just sounded like a bit of a dickhead for saying what I said.
Personally I quit listening to the radio (aka the Canadian Brainwashing Corporation) several years ago because of their super obnoxious ‘news report’ which come on every half an hour with great fanfare, and is (IMO) totally repetitive and lame. I stopped listening for several months and realized later that I hadn’t missed one single tiny thing. And not only that but my life was much better without all that fear mongering bullshit. I’ve kind of gone from there. Now I just live without it and it’s way better. I can wash my own brain thank you. Lord knows it needs it.
But I meant to say- that’s just me. If you are a socially active news junkie -more power to you. Somebody has to do that stuff!

A couple pics.
Plants as they were when I got back. Veg was totally fine.

After three weeks away, flowering had some plants that were a little overdone, but that was to be expected.

Several of the smallish plants in there were ones I started in search of the cherished ‘dense hard nugs’ the dispensary wannabee guy was taking about. They were one-offs mostly destined for the hash trimmings pile anyway and I didn’t mind if they got a little over-ripe.

The auto- watering system did do the trick. Larger plants- some of them were borderline underwatered when I got back. Some of the smaller pots were quite soaked and overwatered. Some were maybe overfed and some underfed. But they were all still alive.

I set the timer/pump to come on for five minutes, then after four days, come on again for ten minutes, then after three more days- back to the five minute one. You can see the five minute and ten minute rings. Lots of residue stuck to the sides from the Mega Crop.

I took the Silver Widow out but decided it needs another week or two. It’s been in flowering for over 10 1/2 weeks. This was another one of the ‘dense hard nug’ efforts and it seems to fulfilling that promise so far.

I love the colour of this Strawberry Blue plant. This is the one that I accidentally chilled after my house guest turned the heater off. I like the weird slate blue colouring.

The joys of cloning in perlite. Thanks @Tead. I filled the container with perlite several days before I left, added water, cuttings, and a little bit of anti-slime treatment, and 3 1/2 weeks later they’re still sitting there perfectly happy with roots everywhere.

Heya friend. Bet the trip was wonderful. And stressful. But more wonder than stress. Glad y'all are safe. Cheers on the grow. Fine prep work

I am working on my first 100 day plant. A g.t. carnival cross. Ugly as heck. Like yours get. Ha

Will be back later with more chat.

Cheers weaseley

I think the plants did about as well as they possibly could have done. They weren’t all great but they did survive and that’s about the best I expected. The main limiting factor was the wimpiness of my water pumps. Next after that was the ‘one slop fits all’ diet- kinda hard to avoid that one.
There were other problems, including a red indicator light which I assume was responsible for the nanner outbreak I came back to.
The other thing I immediately realized when I got back from that trip was that the plants seemed underlit. I couldn’t figure out when I had last replaced the bulbs -it seemed like just yesterday but (as usual) probably wasn’t. So I bought two new Hortilux 600 W bulbs. At about $120 Canadian each that worked out to $275 with shipping. Ouch :(

This sorta shit could almost dampen my liking for HPS lights. I got back in touch with Kittylight Inc. but haven’t scraped the piggy bank together enough to pull the trigger on any yet.

Here are a few pics of plants I’ve harvested lately. Apologies for shoddy journal maintenance and I hope all you folks are doing well out there in your various nooks of this weird world.
:passitleft:

Out of the run of plants I put into harvest shortly before the boat trip, many of them were part of the quest for ‘hard dense nugs’. The top winner in that department was the Lemon Haze Afghan cross, @nivek will be happy to know (didn’t get a worthwhile pic I’m afraid) and after that was the Critical Plus- some freebie seed I had, from Dinafem.

I had high hopes for the Silver Widow but she got nannered pretty hard. I’m flowering one of her clones now for attempt two. Guppy also had lots of nanners and turned out very scraggly- too bad for what had been such promising looking plants.

Nanner city...

La Niña was a more recent harvest. I love this plant.

Pineapple Chunk. I’m embarrassed to be still involved with this... bitch. What’s worse is that suddenly I’ve taken a major liking to smoking the PC bud. The first original pheno I’ve been loving to hate all these years. It’s totally crazy. I’m sorry.

To make the issues more extreme, I actually revegged this plant recently o_O As if the thing wasn’t horrible enough already. This is what that reveg looks like.

Nevertheless...the end result is still amazing bud. I don’t know how, or why :hmmmm:

I’m trying a new strategy with it- growing smaller plants without any training or topping at all- hoping to discourage it from turning into the usual epoxy mistletoe. And harvesting as early as possible.

~Graft~

Shitty pics of the four-way grafted plant. These are from well over a week ago but as usual I’m way behind. I think maybe it’s starting to take a turn for the worse now. Time’ll tell. Sneaky Weasel brand beer can just near the D Pream limb, for scale.

I’ll try to get some better pics of this one- if it doesn’t completely fail on me.

Just about to head out fishing for a few days.
Best wishes to my 420 friends. I don’t really know who the hell you are even ha ha ha- but still, I can tell you are some good people- and it’s interesting to think about the different realities we are living in.

It's good to see you back around weasel. Even though the girls weren't perfect when you made it home. At least you had them setup for survival. You mentioned flipping smaller plants. That's what I typically do. Mainly because of my height restrictions. But it's easier to control without much staking. Plus easier to trim. If I want more yeild I just take more clones ahead of time. Have a good day brother

Holy Chimera Batman! That graft is really something.

Glad you came home to usable buds - even amongst the nanner carnage and other events.

I’m definitely going to have to go and look up La Niña - those flowers are very appealing indeed. What’s its story?

a major liking to smoking the PC bud.
Well that’s it then. The world really has gone topsy-turvy :eek: :laughtwo: But finding smoke you like... that’s always worth celebrating!

Good to see you WC. I hope your away adventure was excellent :)

The other thing I immediately realized when I got back from that trip was that the plants seemed underlit. I couldn’t figure out when I had last replaced the bulbs -it seemed like just yesterday but (as usual) probably wasn’t. So I bought two new Hortilux 600 W bulbs. At about $120 Canadian each that worked out to $275 with shipping. Ouch :(

This sorta shit could almost dampen my liking for HPS lights. I got back in touch with Kittylight Inc. but haven’t scraped the piggy bank together enough to pull the trigger on any yet.

IDK what your budget is, but that little 300w Mars Hydro I just got for $280 USD is doing great. I dialed it back to maybe 60% power, have it 18" above the top most bud and still it floods the plant under it with a strong wash of luminescent white. Granted, mine is surrounded by COB side lighting, still, I'd happily give that little board 4x4 in bloom, even though it only advertises for 3x3 in bloom. My only complaint is that the cheap drivers get hot as hell and does require cooling fans, but once the heat is dealt with, it's a great light for super cheap on amazon.

heya weaseley,, tight lines friend,,

interesting to read about the lemon haze/afghani cross, tight buns eh?? cool,, specially cuz i have two of em growing in flower right now,, and i tell ya what,, the one is frosty as all get out,, i'd post a pic but pics are a hastle agin and i aint playin no more

i have been growing out quite a few of the exotics you suggested to me,, the honduras is kick butt,, one plant i grew had well over 4 ounces,, by far a record for me

and right now the malawi is sprouting, times two,, so that will be a kick

i have a bunch of g.t. crosses i made accidentally and some on purpose that i have been growing,, including a g.t./ carnival cross which was a fine plant indeed

can you believe i am still messing with my ph's,, what a goof i am,,but i think i gots it now,, tho my indoor tent likes a dif ph than my studio flower room,, funny that,,

i even had my first reveg plant success, a blueberry that took probably five months to reveg enuf to get a clone and get the clone healthy again

i am gonna guess you might be fishing the commercial side this time,, so,, be safe friend,, get a nice big halibit ,,

cheers for now friend,,

oh, one more thing,, that grafted plant,, in flower,, it looks in the pic like it is planted outside,, but i guess that could not be correct. super cool plant,, interesting to see the dif flowering times for each,,

I swore I’d never run it again.

Words we've become a little familiar with hearing after hanging around Weas's place a year or two.
Time will tell... perhaps the evil PC will temp you again... and we'll all have another reason to chuckle at the PCs.
I know.... we'll superstitiously contact your seed source and have them swap all your seeds with PCs! We're wicked that way.

Back
Top Bottom